Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Share

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1945
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Skyler on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm

    I heard recently of an Apple IOS update that renders the game unplayable. MM is not compatible and players are getting a blank screen after updating their iPads!

    This has now been confirmed. Please look on your Manor page under Information and read what GI has said about the issue. They also posted it on the Mystery Manor Facebook page located here http://www.facebook.com/MManorHD

    Here is what they said:

    Dear friends,
    We’re all glad to see the new iOS 6.0! Unfortunately, due to its release our game may be temporary unavailable and you'll see a black screen. We’re already working to solve this issue. Update your games immediately upon receiving the relevant message, and you’ll be able to play the games as always. Sorry for any possible inconvenience. You’ll get back the access to our game soon enough!

    There is supposed to be an update from GI on 9/21. Of course, we were all hoping for new quests, however, it looks like it will be a fix for IOS 6.0. Still keeping fingers crossed that it will include more quests.

    Sakura

    Posts : 248
    Points : 2013
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    MM Name : Sakura

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Sakura on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 am

    Skyler wrote:I heard recently of an Apple IOS update that renders the game unplayable. MM is not compatible and players are getting a blank screen after updating their iPads!

    This has now been confirmed. Please look on your Manor page under Information and read what GI has said about the issue. They also posted it on the Mystery Manor Facebook page located here http://www.facebook.com/MManorHD

    Here is what they said:

    Dear friends,
    We’re all glad to see the new iOS 6.0! Unfortunately, due to its release our game may be temporary unavailable and you'll see a black screen. We’re already working to solve this issue. Update your games immediately upon receiving the relevant message, and you’ll be able to play the games as always. Sorry for any possible inconvenience. You’ll get back the access to our game soon enough!

    There is supposed to be an update from GI on 9/21. Of course, we were all hoping for new quests, however, it looks like it will be a fix for IOS 6.0. Still keeping fingers crossed that it will include more quests.
    Yes, one of my friends told me not to update the game tomorrow, but from the last updated we knew that if we didn't update the game then we can't play it. This is confusing:(

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1945
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Skyler on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 am

    GI has said NOT to update to IOS 6. They are releasing an update to fix the problem. Last I heard they were hoping to release it by 9/21. Then you can update to IOS 6. That is of course if GI's update actually works.....

    Rosie Hallahan

    Posts : 51
    Points : 1628
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-08-25

    Apple iOS update

    Post  Rosie Hallahan on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 pm

    Skyler, I apologise if this is a really stupid question, in England we are currently running on IOS 5.1.1. As far as I am aware IOS 6 is a long way off for us. Is this release global or just in america? I'm presuming that if I update MM on 21/09/12 I won't necessarily need IOS 6 to play it? Question confused.com

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1945
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Skyler on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 pm

    Rosie Hallahan wrote:Skyler, I apologise if this is a really stupid question, in England we are currently running on IOS 5.1.1. As far as I am aware IOS 6 is a long way off for us. Is this release global or just in america? I'm presuming that if I update MM on 21/09/12 I won't necessarily need IOS 6 to play it? Question confused.com

    Not sure on the global part, however, I did think that it was for everyone with an iPad2 or 3 and iPhone 3gs through iPhone 5. As for GI's update, yes, i would say that with the update from GI, that you will be able to then update to IOS 6.0 with no problems or continue with the current IOS.....<fingers crossed>

    Lynne1000

    Posts : 29
    Points : 1774
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-15
    Age : 54
    Location : UK
    Friend Code : 811861
    MM Name : Lynne

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Lynne1000 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm

    Mm update available now. I'm off to try it!

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1945
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Skyler on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:45 pm

    Yes, MM has new update. I will report back after the update and IOS 6 update. My iPad automatically downloaded IOS 6, so watch out, Apple got sneaky with that. Thank goodness GI has the MM update done in time.

    shandra4337

    Posts : 18
    Points : 1619
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Friend Code : 97d0fa
    MM Name : shenanigans

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  shandra4337 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:17 pm

    I've updated and nothing seems different. No new quests or anything like that. For some reason, I can visit friends who haven't updated from my wall, but not the friend screen (as usual). I haven't tried any charms yet, but so far all is well.

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1945
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Skyler on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 pm

    shandra4337 wrote:I've updated and nothing seems different. No new quests or anything like that. For some reason, I can visit friends who haven't updated from my wall, but not the friend screen (as usual). I haven't tried any charms yet, but so far all is well.

    As with any update, the ability to visit friends is reduced to only those friends on the same update as you are. Good to hear that all went well. I kinda figured that there might not be any quests, however, they could be on a time delay. So, at a certain time in the future the quests might start up.

    shandra4337

    Posts : 18
    Points : 1619
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Friend Code : 97d0fa
    MM Name : shenanigans

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  shandra4337 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:40 pm

    Skyler wrote:
    shandra4337 wrote:I've updated and nothing seems different. No new quests or anything like that. For some reason, I can visit friends who haven't updated from my wall, but not the friend screen (as usual). I haven't tried any charms yet, but so far all is well.

    As with any update, the ability to visit friends is reduced to only those friends on the same update as you are. Good to hear that all went well. I kinda figured that there might not be any quests, however, they could be on a time delay. So, at a certain time in the future the quests might start up.

    no, I meant that I visited everyone who had posted on my wall, and none of them have updated yet. it was weird, since usually they're grayed out. I was able to send charger requests too. I tried those same people from my friend list, just to see, and I couldn't visit from there just like normal.

    shandra4337

    Posts : 18
    Points : 1619
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Friend Code : 97d0fa
    MM Name : shenanigans

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  shandra4337 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 pm

    stacking charms with the game torch still works, so does the phenomena trick Very Happy

    cssconstruct

    Posts : 7
    Points : 1716
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-04-08
    Location : Knoxville, tn
    Friend Code : 7be035
    MM Name : Scott

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  cssconstruct on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:30 pm

    I think this update was for the new iOS only.

    Demdike

    Posts : 238
    Points : 1874
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-07-12
    Location : Doncaster, England
    Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Demdike on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 am

    I updated my Ipad2 yesterday with the IOS6 today my Ipad2 crashed for the first time losing all my gifts! Including some miso soups *sobs*

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2382
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Mbstr8k on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

    I update both iOS and MM yesterday...first backing up everything. (It took a long time, especially since I was doing the same to my iTunes, and iPhone.)

    Everything seemed to work fine with the updates...only thing I noticed....I lost the 10 maps I just purchased! Evil or Very Mad

    •Vicki bans GI•

    Posts : 104
    Points : 1735
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-08-27
    Location : US
    Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

    IMPORTANT! Backup your iPad before updating IOS 6

    Post  •Vicki bans GI• on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 pm

    Before you do the IOS 6 update on your iPad, make certain you get a backup first! If something goes wrong and you lose your MM data, your entire game will be wiped out. This has happened to at least one person who's posted on this board so far: http://www.mmuff.com/t1028-ios6-update-issues

    Here are the instructions on how to backup your iPad data: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

    Only run the IOS 6 update on your iPad after you have completed the backup. That way if the worst should happen, you'll have all your MM data safely backed up so you won't lose everything.

    Pink451

    Posts : 18
    Points : 1614
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-08

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Pink451 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 am

    If you do accidently deleate your game (this happened to me), game insight can restore it for you. I contacted them with the date I lost the game and my udid number and they fully restored it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Apple IOS Update-Beware

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:00 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:00 am