Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    UPDATE 10/10/12

    Share

    Demdike

    Posts : 238
    Points : 1868
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-07-12
    Location : Doncaster, England
    Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Demdike on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:37 am

    Yeaterday, 7hrs with a torch and phoenix got 240 oilcans in the living room with the curse left by a native idol until I accidentally closed it d'oh

    Camille

    Posts : 193
    Points : 1970
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Camille on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 am

    Dazza JP wrote:
    Camille wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:
    Bovver wrote:If anybody needs to know how to get an oil can every time you search a room then please read my post in the "oil cans x300" thread. No need to buy them especially if you have golden rose or Olympic artefact handy.

    Would suggest everyone who needs oil cans does this. I have got 54 oil cans searching the dressing room today :-)
    It is a good technique but it's oh so tedious. The thought of doing it hundreds of times to get what I need is depressing.

    God yes it's tedious, but imagine having to get the oil cans properly !!! I have 2 hours on a train each day, so I'm just collecting oil cans for two hours lol
    So what you're telling me is I need a long commute? LOL. The mere thought of getting the cans the proper way makes me want to burst into tears.

    Good work Demdike. I lost my curse in the kitchen, one of my preferred rooms to search for oil cans, thanks to the stupid leprechaun weekend offer pop up Mad

    Dazza JP

    Posts : 309
    Points : 2127
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 44
    Location : London, UK
    Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Dazza JP on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 am

    Camille wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:
    Camille wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:
    Bovver wrote:If anybody needs to know how to get an oil can every time you search a room then please read my post in the "oil cans x300" thread. No need to buy them especially if you have golden rose or Olympic artefact handy.

    Would suggest everyone who needs oil cans does this. I have got 54 oil cans searching the dressing room today :-)
    It is a good technique but it's oh so tedious. The thought of doing it hundreds of times to get what I need is depressing.

    God yes it's tedious, but imagine having to get the oil cans properly !!! I have 2 hours on a train each day, so I'm just collecting oil cans for two hours lol
    So what you're telling me is I need a long commute? LOL. The mere thought of getting the cans the proper way makes me want to burst into tears.

    Good work Demdike. I lost my curse in the kitchen, one of my preferred rooms to search for oil cans, thanks to the stupid leprechaun weekend offer pop up Mad

    I wouldn't recommend the commute, it's dull from dullsville !!! But I have mm to pass the time :-)
    And one of the benefits of searching for the oil cans Is that you also accumulate maps, doubloons and sea-shells to banish !!

    gemfinder

    Posts : 82
    Points : 1802
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-07-09

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  gemfinder on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 am

    Ok, does everyone know just how many robots you will need to banish to get access to the new Selena room?

    The initial quest of 10 x the 3 types is just the start and at least that is "honest". You progress with everyone that you kill. So 300 oil cans required.

    Then you have to collect "drafts". 5 x 2 sets from each of the 3 robot types. The drop rate for the drafts is probably 1 in 2 kills even with a turtle, Olympic torch and faithful heart running. So you are looking at another 60 robots minimum. So 600 more oil cans required for this bit.

    Next, you need to build the moon rover. And once again, you need 10 items from each of the 3 robots. The really bad news is that the drop rate here is around 1 item for every 4 or 5 kills. So you are looking at another 120-150 robots or 1200-1500 oil cans.

    That's one hell of a lot of oil cans (c.2400) and unless you are prepared to spend money either by buying scientist chests and perhaps supplementing that with buying the actual items rather than killing say, the musical robots, then it is going to be a gargantuan task to collect them even using the cursed room method.

    Parts for the moon rover (60 required) cost 24 diamonds each. Buying them is only cost effective for the items that are dropped from the musical robot - you may as well use oil cans for the others but be prepared for a lot of frustration!

    Unlike the assembly of the Brig, UFO, Lab, Island and Oceanic Rooms, there is no option to ask friends for any of the pieces.

    If you want a new room to explore, GI is making sure that you pay for it. They are here to make money but in my opinion, this latest stunt is pure, unadulterated greed.

    Either that, or they are trying a different tactic to drive experienced players to their new offerings and away from Mystery Manor which has too many loopholes and their past actions have already ensured many people won't ever pay for more diamonds. This is the last GI game that I will ever play and my sons already know to avoid their products as well.

    We all have a choice and I would advise people to think very carefully before embarking on this crazy journey to open the Selena Room.

    Savannah123

    Posts : 97
    Points : 1847
    Reputation : 58
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : TEXAS
    Friend Code : By Inv

    Dressing room

    Post  Savannah123 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

    Hey Dazza,
    What curse do you have in the dressing room? I am not having a lot of luck with zero gravity Sad
    Thanks

    Dazza JP

    Posts : 309
    Points : 2127
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 44
    Location : London, UK
    Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Dazza JP on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 am

    Savannah123 wrote:Hey Dazza,
    What curse do you have in the dressing room? I am not having a lot of luck with zero gravity Sad
    Thanks

    I think zero gravity is the only one that doesn't work !!!

    Demdike

    Posts : 238
    Points : 1868
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-07-12
    Location : Doncaster, England
    Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Demdike on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 pm

    I got a one for one using the curse left by the native idol in the living room, using a torch and phoenix. Energy was the biggest problem.

    I agree totally with the above it's another 10 each of all 3 robots minimum for the blueprints and after that another set of robot banishing. Completely fed up with it now.

    hawkeyegirl

    Posts : 84
    Points : 1793
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    MM Name : Santa23

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  hawkeyegirl on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:01 pm

    Yeah, it does seem like they're trying to force long-term players out with these ridiculous oil can quests. I don't mind quests that take a long time to complete as long as they're fun. But what is fun about searching the kitchen a billion times just to get one oil can per search? I wouldn't even mind it so much if they'd have other, shorter quests that you could work on at the same time, but just to have this one massive oil can quest (followed by more quests requiring tons of oil cans) is just disheartening.

    FerretMama

    Posts : 3
    Points : 1518
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Friend Code : 88fab2
    MM Name : Hellohlo3

    UFO's for Intergallactic Council quest

    Post  FerretMama on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm

    I also cannot figure out how to get the 3 UFO's for the Intergallactic Council quest. I have tried exploring Room 51 and Laboratory. I have tried exploring room with UFO phenomenon and resulting cursed room. I see the spaceship in the lower right which indicates I need to find blue prints.

    iPad player

    Does anyone know how to get the 3 UFO's to complete the Intergallactic Council quest??

    Skyler

    Posts : 116
    Points : 1939
    Reputation : 121
    Join date : 2012-05-02
    Age : 47
    Location : North Carolina
    Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Skyler on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

    FerretMama wrote:I also cannot figure out how to get the 3 UFO's for the Intergallactic Council quest. I have tried exploring Room 51 and Laboratory. I have tried exploring room with UFO phenomenon and resulting cursed room. I see the spaceship in the lower right which indicates I need to find blue prints.

    iPad player

    Does anyone know how to get the 3 UFO's to complete the Intergallactic Council quest??

    You will need to search the UFO located below the Hallway and Library 3 times to complete that quest. If you do not have a UFO there, then you have to complete older quests that will allow you to build a landing platform and beacon to bring the UFO room to your manor.

    The spaceship at the lower right is the Selena Room that was just added with the latest update. It is not the UFO room that you need to search in. The UFO Room will be to the left of it once you get it to your manor.

    Camille

    Posts : 193
    Points : 1970
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Camille on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 pm

    gemfinder wrote:Ok, does everyone know just how many robots you will need to banish to get access to the new Selena room?

    The initial quest of 10 x the 3 types is just the start and at least that is "honest". You progress with everyone that you kill. So 300 oil cans required.

    Then you have to collect "drafts". 5 x 2 sets from each of the 3 robot types. The drop rate for the drafts is probably 1 in 2 kills even with a turtle, Olympic torch and faithful heart running. So you are looking at another 60 robots minimum. So 600 more oil cans required for this bit.

    Next, you need to build the moon rover. And once again, you need 10 items from each of the 3 robots. The really bad news is that the drop rate here is around 1 item for every 4 or 5 kills. So you are looking at another 120-150 robots or 1200-1500 oil cans.

    That's one hell of a lot of oil cans (c.2400) and unless you are prepared to spend money either by buying scientist chests and perhaps supplementing that with buying the actual items rather than killing say, the musical robots, then it is going to be a gargantuan task to collect them even using the cursed room method.

    Parts for the moon rover (60 required) cost 24 diamonds each. Buying them is only cost effective for the items that are dropped from the musical robot - you may as well use oil cans for the others but be prepared for a lot of frustration!

    Unlike the assembly of the Brig, UFO, Lab, Island and Oceanic Rooms, there is no option to ask friends for any of the pieces.

    If you want a new room to explore, GI is making sure that you pay for it. They are here to make money but in my opinion, this latest stunt is pure, unadulterated greed.

    Either that, or they are trying a different tactic to drive experienced players to their new offerings and away from Mystery Manor which has too many loopholes and their past actions have already ensured many people won't ever pay for more diamonds. This is the last GI game that I will ever play and my sons already know to avoid their products as well.

    We all have a choice and I would advise people to think very carefully before embarking on this crazy journey to open the Selena Room.
    That is absolutely disheartening gemfinder. It looks like I'm about to have a lot of free time again. Luckily, Rovio have been busy releasing new Angry Bird offerings to keep me entertained Razz

    Chopper

    Posts : 3
    Points : 1561
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-30

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Chopper on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:05 pm


    Either that, or they are trying a different tactic to drive experienced players to their new offerings and away from Mystery Manor which has too many loopholes and their past actions have already ensured many people won't ever pay for more diamonds. This is the last GI game that I will ever play and my sons already know to avoid their products as well.

    We all have a choice and I would advise people to think very carefully before embarking on this crazy journey to open the Selena Room. [/quote]

    I don't think it is just experienced players they will drive away, so of us with no diamonds and a little impatient will be driven away as well.

    Pink451

    Posts : 18
    Points : 1608
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-08

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Pink451 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm

    I have a comment on the issue some players are experiencing regarding gifts. I run the ios5 ( I know I should update, but when I updated last time I lost mm completely, so I'm a little scared Smile. ) I have been experimenting with the gifting over the last couple days. Sometimes, not everything shows up on my screen, but it all shows up in my inventory. This isn't really a problem and actually seems to be making gift accepting faster. However at leat 4 times in the lat two days, I've accepted multiple gifts from the same person ( once a flower, twice plasma rifles and once a column), and have only received 1 in my inventory. I waited a while to post, because I wanted to make sure it was actually occurring. So, to be safe, I am now accepting collection items one at a time; I know it's tedious, but after losing four items I want to be careful. I havent lost one item that I accepted individually. I'm not recommending that everyone accept gifts like this, but if you are having issues and are running iOS 5, it seems to fix the issue.

    My other comment, is that as long as I've been a member, this has been a great place to share ideas, potential solutions, etc. Some of the posts in this category seem to criticize other members for sharing potential problems. Just because you are ot experiencing some of the problems, does not mean that someone on a different iPad, running a different iOS version, might be. It was helpful for me that other people posted their potential solution. I hope that people can continue to post potential problems and solutions so we can help each other, without rude comments.

    Camille

    Posts : 193
    Points : 1970
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Camille on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:54 pm

    Skyler wrote:Just announced on Facebook.

    To the attention of all players: find the Chest of Selene during this weekend – and by opening it you will get 500 oil cans and 250 fragments of selenoid, which are needed to explore the Selene! Also, there are 50 weapons against the aliens. Also, if you by chance meet the Leprechaun, you will have a discount in the bank. And don’t forget to visit our facebook community, we’ll give you diamonds for free!
    The chest is available if you make a purchase from the bank. The chest is available when you make the largest diamond purchase possible (something like 2500+ diamonds at who knows what astronomical cost). The details are in an event box just to the right of the manor.

    To be pedantic you don't "find" the chest you get it after spending real $, £, €...

    A ipad

    Posts : 15
    Points : 1590
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-18
    Friend Code : 6148dd

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  A ipad on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:23 pm

    Ok I finally managed to get past getting the parts from the robots and exploring a room with the UFO in it. The next quest is to collect 10 of each of the mechanical robots by exploring the laboratory. (I was wrong.) Not like always previous collected items do count so if you get a mechanical helper hold on to it and don't charge the collection. So far I have search the laboratory 3 times and haven't' gotten one helper. Hopefully I get them before I run out of batteries.


    Update: I went through all my batteries and found maybe 4 or 5 helpers. This quest is going to take me some time to get through as I need more batteries before I can explore the laboratory again and I still have about 39 more helpers to find. Not really happy right now. Mad

    leekumo

    Posts : 3
    Points : 1721
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-26

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  leekumo on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:22 am

    the picture of selene room,the 19th room
    http://photo.163.com/likumo/#m=2&aid=40226170&pid=7922778178
    and the final quest is "Chase the aliens and fly in expeditions to find the moonstone",i think the actual aim is asking u to get more selenoid that required to explore the selene room


    Last edited by leekumo on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

    Camille

    Posts : 193
    Points : 1970
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Camille on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 am

    Thank you for sharing leekumo.

    LaneyK

    Posts : 31
    Points : 1766
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  LaneyK on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 am

    These oilcan requirements are suck with a side of suckier! I spent the whole day yesterday exploring cursed rooms over and over and finally got enough to finish the 10 of each type - only to find the next quests requires robot banishing. Tear.

    SO, SO tedious - don't think I've got it in me to waste another whole day to then get screwed by the infrequent drop rate.

    Anger level rising - and I'm an extremely patient person, but G.I are just fully taking the piss now. I hope the developers stand on a piece of Lego each. Daily. For the next year. Dicks.

    paulinelhg

    Posts : 302
    Points : 2073
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2012-06-18
    Location : Singapore
    MM Name : Pauline

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  paulinelhg on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 am

    I'm at the 5x2 sets of drafts .its so tedious to collect oil can, I'm getting frustrated n losing interest in game. GI, in my opinion, is telling me, you can spend a lot of time getting oil cans, but isn't it easier to just buy it???

    If this is the way forward, I'm not sure how long I'll continue playing... Its not fun anymore

    Camille

    Posts : 193
    Points : 1970
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Camille on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 am

    paulinelhg wrote:I'm at the 5x2 sets of drafts .its so tedious to collect oil can, I'm getting frustrated n losing interest in game. GI, in my opinion, is telling me, you can spend a lot of time getting oil cans, but isn't it easier to just buy it???

    If this is the way forward, I'm not sure how long I'll continue playing... It's not fun anymore
    I agree, it isn't fun anymore. I like a challenge, I'm happy for quests to take time to finish but this latest series of quests are too much. MM is supposed to be a fun distraction not a chore.

    The latest update shows how little regard GI has for their customers. There was almost universal complaints about the first round of oil can quests so what do they do? Give it to us again but with an even larger oil can requirement without making it even slightly easier to get those oil cans.

    LaneyK I admire your tenacity; I don't have it me to embark on the oil can search. Stepping on Lego, while painful, is too good for GI developers. Laughing

    karen_ni

    Posts : 136
    Points : 1931
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-03-28
    MM Name : Karen

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  karen_ni on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:51 am

    Does anyone know what comes after you complete the moonrover? Are there more quests after this or are you able to enter the room?

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2376
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Moving oil can info to Guides

    Post  Mbstr8k on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 am

    Bovver wrote:Horry, do check my oil can advice - I have dropped 102 cans in 3 hours today

    Bovver,

    Could you cut and paste your information on oil can collecting into a new post for the Guides section of the site? I can see that it would be very helpful for all of us, to find it quickly! It could be titled something as easy as "Guide to collecting oil cans." As a moderator I could do it, but I'd like you to get the credit for it! Very Happy After you post it, I'll make it a sticky, so it stays near the top of the section. Thanks!

    (pm me to let me know you did it and I'll make it permanent)

    •Vicki bans GI•

    Posts : 104
    Points : 1729
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-08-27
    Location : US
    Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  •Vicki bans GI• on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm

    Camille wrote:I agree, it isn't fun anymore. I like a challenge, I'm happy for quests to take time to finish but this latest series of quests are too much. MM is supposed to be a fun distraction not a chore.
    Even though I did not quit MM because of the oil cans, I have to say that requirements for the oil cans are beyond extreme, especially for new players.

    I had started playing MM after they had stopped giving diamonds for adding friends. So the only diamonds I ever got came from leveling up, the 50 for the one upgrade, and the five every weekend. I only spent diamonds on changing my name, on some compasses, and one accidental banishing. After reaching level 73, I could only manage to save 308 diamonds. That was not enough diamonds to pay my way out of the oil can requirements.

    When you include the first quest that requires oil cans (50), combined with the two quests needed to get the UFO room (450+300), and the new quests for the Selena Room (2,400), the total requirement for a new players is a whopping 3,500 oil cans!

    Even with the Bovver's excellent guide to getting oil cans, just think of what GI was asking of me as a new player:

    At the rate of 50 oil cans an hour, it would take 70 hours to get all the oil cans! That's nearly two weeks of full time work!

    70 hours of oil can searching would require 12 turtles, and that's only if I was able to actually sit down and perform the mind-numbing searches for six hours straight. If a person could only search for one hour at a time, then it would require as many as 70 turtles.

    This is beyond ridiculous. This is no longer a game. This is no longer fun. It is a worse than even a chore!

    The new player with so few free diamonds cannot possibly overcome these requirements with normal game play (especially if they don't know Bovver's technique). I fully believe this is designed to force players to either quit or pay real money. I may miss MM, but I sure don't miss GI.

    gemfinder

    Posts : 82
    Points : 1802
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-07-09

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  gemfinder on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:22 pm

    karen_ni wrote:Does anyone know what comes after you complete the moonrover? Are there more quests after this or are you able to enter the room?

    You have to start the moonrover by collecting items which you will more than likely already have (but cant use) however you can charge collections for most of them.

    Most are fairly straightforward although I already had 10 each of the robot helpers from one of the collections - if you haven't, this could be a pain as I'm sure the 50 robots won't be easy nor cheap to find. I'd check the collection number (probably around #60?) but I've been locked out of my game for 48 hours and counting as I can't connect to GI's servers. And yes I have raised several tickets so far but with not a peep other than automated responses telling me how great their customer service really is at GI

    So from memory it was 10 each of the robot helpers; 30 new rune stones (why?!!!); 30 new batteries; 30 new gravitrons; 30 new containers and I think that was it. Total lack of imagination from GI and really just quests for quests sake while taking away useful things for opening rooms that we have worked hard to collect. I'm just surprised they didn't ask for cannonballs as well since these must be really useful when firing up a moon rover! There is also a quest to collect moonstones from aliens but by this time, I'd noticed the new room was open. So I explored it twice, went to collect gifts, the game crashed and now I can't get back in.

    Oh well, maybe it is punishment for having the temerity to get through Clone Wars II, Revenge of the Oil Cans . But do you know what? I've had a great weekend with my kids and perhaps remembered more about what is important in life

    Cyprus31

    Posts : 10
    Points : 1695
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Location : South south
    Friend Code : 363f8c
    MM Name : Cas

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Cyprus31 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm

    gemfinder wrote:but I've been locked out of my game for 48 hours and counting as I can't connect to GI's servers.

    I wondered where you were. Glad you had a nice time with your family.

    Sponsored content

    Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:19 pm


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:19 pm