Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Share

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:12 pm

    I, along with others, are getting empty Mystery Gifts roughly 20-30% of the time. The Mystery Gift opens up to nothing.

    I speculate that these empty gifts used to be the Holiday Cookies that gave +5 energy.

    Some players are reporting they are still getting the Holiday Cookies. It appears that these players are not experiencing the empty Mystery Gifts bug.


    Last edited by Admin on Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

    kenz85

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1738
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-06

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  kenz85 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

    The empty thank-u gifts started couple of days ago (i guess i have played this game for 30 days already). out of 10 thank-u gift, half of them are empty.

    -kenchan

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:02 pm

    kenz85 wrote:The empty thank-u gifts started couple of days ago (i guess i have played this game for 30 days already). out of 10 thank-u gift, half of them are empty.

    -kenchan


    Prior to the empy gift boxes, were you still getting the holiday cookies?

    kenz85

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1738
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-06

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  kenz85 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 pm

    Admin wrote:
    kenz85 wrote:The empty thank-u gifts started couple of days ago (i guess i have played this game for 30 days already). out of 10 thank-u gift, half of them are empty.

    -kenchan


    Prior to the empy gift boxes, were you still getting the holiday cookies?



    Yes, but not any more. I guess there is a limit of how many cookies u can get and after hitting the mark, gift domain is undefined(empty).

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

    By the way, I was reading on the facebook page that GI is recommending not to send or accept any mystery gifts until the next update comes out, which will reportedly be in about a week.

    Right now I'm sending "thank yous" but not accepting them, under the premise that the gift is decided once they're opened, not sent. Thoughts on this? It's definitely cluttering up my inbox, but I'd rather wait and get the extra items!

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:00 pm

    engineer wrote:By the way, I was reading on the facebook page that GI is recommending not to send or accept any mystery gifts until the next update comes out, which will reportedly be in about a week.

    Right now I'm sending "thank yous" but not accepting them, under the premise that the gift is decided once they're opened, not sent. Thoughts on this? It's definitely cluttering up my inbox, but I'd rather wait and get the extra items!

    You are correct. I still open them anyway. I cannot stand clutter.

    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2298
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 34
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:05 pm

    So do gifts not expire like wall requests do?

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:21 pm

    sfinley ibrahim wrote:So do gifts not expire like wall requests do?

    I don't think they do. I know I've had some unclaimed gifts for at least a few days before.

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm

    sfinley ibrahim wrote:So do gifts not expire like wall requests do?

    The recommendation was apparently handed down by GI, so assuming they know what they're talking about (which may or may not be a large assumption), I would guess that they wouldn't expire and your gifts will be safe.

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2376
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Mbstr8k on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 pm

    I was still able to purchase holiday food for extra energy up to and including yesterday. I was also able to receive Christmas cookies as energy in mystery gifts.

    Today, I got my first empty gift AND noticed that I no longer can purchase holiday food for energy in the store.

    Coincidence?? hmmm....

    Admin wrote:I, along with others, are getting empty Mystery Gifts roughly 20-30% of the time. The Mystery Gift opens up to nothing.

    I speculate that these empty gifts used to be the Holiday Cookies that gave +5 energy.

    Some players are reporting they are still getting the Holiday Cookies. It appears that these players are not experiencing the empty Mystery Gifts bug.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 pm

    I think my guess is right.

    I only had the holiday stuff for one week. My friend who started about a month ago had all the holiday stuff for TWO MONTHS. She also lost her holiday stuff about 2-3 days ago, and empty Mystery Gifts started appearing.

    Consider yourself luck Very Happy You were able to buy Champagne and heal all your energy for much less than what it cost the rest of us.

    Supposedly, empty Mystery Gifts will be fixed with the update next week.

    Jillllll

    Posts : 49
    Points : 1793
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Jill

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Jillllll on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 am

    Thanks to this topic, I've been holding on to all of my mystery gifts until the update. I've had several sitting there all week, and so far they haven't disappeared, which is good. I can't wait for the update!

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 am

    This issue is also fixed with the 1.5 update.


    Blargh! Not Fixed! I did a count and realized that empty Mystery Gifts are still happening!!


    Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

    Admin wrote:This issue is also fixed with the 1.5 update.
    Do we get other food items in our mystery gifts now? They were the most useful things (other than collection items...)

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:27 pm

    I have opened about 30 Mystery Gifts and did not receive any food items. I have not received any food items in my gifts for about 3 months. (I did the first week I played, right after New Years.)

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm

    Update:

    Blargh! Not Fixed! I did a count and realized that empty Mystery Gifts are still happening!!

    sjwriter

    Posts : 37
    Points : 1775
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Friend Code : 3965f8

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  sjwriter on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 pm

    And no biscuits dropped as well, is it? I couldn't find it any more since I got the problem of vanished return gifts.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 pm

    No biscuits.

    PegWalt

    Posts : 167
    Points : 1998
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 67
    Location : Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

    RE" Empty Mystery Gifts and Wall Requests

    Post  PegWalt on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

    I don't understand:
    "So do gifts not expire like wall requests do."

    Can someone explain about wall requests expiring? Is there a time limit on how long they stay there?

    Also, when I click on "Gift" on my wall posts from friends, and it says "Level 35 needed to buy", if I know I have this item to give and am only at Level 29, why can't I gift it. And if there is a way around this, what do I do?

    sjwriter

    Posts : 37
    Points : 1775
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Friend Code : 3965f8

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  sjwriter on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm

    Wall requests last 24 hrs only. The gift button will be dimmed afterwards.

    A lot of free gifts require the provider to attain certain level or use diamonds to unlock them.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm

    PegWalt wrote:I don't understand:
    "So do gifts not expire like wall requests do."

    Can someone explain about wall requests expiring? Is there a time limit on how long they stay there?

    Also, when I click on "Gift" on my wall posts from friends, and it says "Level 35 needed to buy", if I know I have this item to give and am only at Level 29, why can't I gift it. And if there is a way around this, what do I do?


    Wall posts expire after 7 days. I think the Wall only shows the last 50 or so items also.

    You cannot gift a charge item, even if you have it, if you are not at the required level to gift that item for free.


    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 pm

    Admin wrote:

    Wall posts expire after 7 days. I think the Wall only shows the last 50 or so items also.

    You cannot gift a charge item, even if you have it, if you are not at the required level to gift that item for free.

    I don't think wall posts that aren't requesting items expire. I have several on mine that are reminding me who I lent items to that have remained there. I think the gift requests only "gray-out" after 1 day, but don't disappear.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2824
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

    I never delete my wall messages. I only delete Wall requests.
    Despite never deleting my Wall message, my messages dates back to 3 days ago.
    I currently have 54 messages on my wall.

    I do not recall ever seeing a Wall message older than 7 days, despite me never deleting them.

    Just my observation.

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

    Admin wrote:I never delete my wall messages. I only delete Wall requests.
    Despite never deleting my Wall message, my messages dates back to 3 days ago.
    I currently have 54 messages on my wall.

    I do not recall ever seeing a Wall message older than 7 days, despite me never deleting them.

    Just my observation.

    Maybe they do disappear if you have over 50. I have seen some that were 28 days old, but now that I think about it, that person only had a few posts on the wall.

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2064
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  engineer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 pm

    The mystery gifts are indeed still coming up empty-- and frequently in my experience. I finally gave in and just collected them all, and I would say I'm owed about 50 gifts! When do you think they'll get around to fixing that bug, huh? It only takes them 3weeks to fix one bug and create a bunch more...

    Sponsored content

    Re: FIXED - Empty Mystery Gifts

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:13 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:13 am