MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
Mia480076
Demdike
ThuyAn
danielle3699
Calico
9 posters

When someone requests a trade that's not equal?

Calico

Friend Code : 6f18d8
    MM Name : Kaye

When someone requests a trade that's not equal? Empty When someone requests a trade that's not equal?

Post  Calico Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:59 pm

A few times a week, I'll send out requests for charger items to nearly everyone on my friend's list (over 600 but I constantly try to cut back). I ask for things like mobius bow, pistols, etc. Inevitably, I receive a reply saying something like, "I sent the item you requested, please send me *item*". The item is not a charger, but a collection item, and typically one that is hard to find such as roses or an upper level rare item. It's not a rare item that I have several of, it's one that I only have one or two.

The person asking is not someone that has helped me out before either. There are some on my friends list that I give generously to and they have done the same for me.

What do you typically do when something like this happens? I have been ignoring it or occasionally offering another item on their wish list. My level is around 135 and the people asking are around level 50 - 75.
    danielle3699

Friend Code : 2cccd2
    MM Name : Danielle

When someone requests a trade that's not equal? Empty Re: When someone requests a trade that's not equal?

Post  danielle3699 Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:31 pm

I think those people write this same message on all of their friends wall. I just delete the message. Smile Or if I'm feeling particularly generous and have an extra gift to give, I'll send it. Don't expect anything back though or negotiate a trade before you send.

When someone requests a trade that's not equal? Empty Re: When someone requests a trade that's not equal?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Seems to me they are making it easier to cut back Smile
    Tell them thanks for the charger, but that is a collection item I need. Do you need a charger?
    If they get snippy or continue to do it, then delete them Smile
    Calico

Post  Calico Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Smile Yes, they are going to make it to the short list because I feel obligated to do something because they have already sent the charger. Occasionally they will send something on my wish list (like the dust bunnies for that hideous 300 old gypsy quest or all the bottles) and ask for something big in exchange. I hate it when they already send it. I've started sending the original thing back.

ThuyAn
    ThuyAn

MM Name : ThuyAn

Post  ThuyAn Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Calico wrote:A few times a week, I'll send out requests for charger items to nearly everyone on my friend's list (over 600 but I constantly try to cut back). I ask for things like mobius bow, pistols, etc. Inevitably, I receive a reply saying something like, "I sent the item you requested, please send me *item*". The item is not a charger, but a collection item, and typically one that is hard to find such as roses or an upper level rare item. It's not a rare item that I have several of, it's one that I only have one or two.

The person asking is not someone that has helped me out before either. There are some on my friends list that I give generously to and they have done the same for me.

What do you typically do when something like this happens? I have been ignoring it or occasionally offering another item on their wish list. My level is around 135 and the people asking are around level 50 - 75.

I get that a couple of times a week too. I typically ignore those, or if I'm feeling generous I'd send it, just to pay it forward Bc of my generous friends. You know who you are ::wink wink::

Last edited by ThuyAn on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dang auto correct!!)
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

I send back a charging item, end of. I will send out stuff I have plenty of, but tbh with only being able to send 10 collection items I,d rather send to friends or to repay items sent to me of value.
    Mia480076

Friend Code : DDD856
    MM Name : Mia

Post  Mia480076 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 pm

It doesn't cost them anything to send a charger item, but it does to send a collection item. Whenever I ask a higher level friend for a specific item I send them something on their wishlist first, if I don't have anything then I just ask to borrow it and leave them some tips and send a charger item with it. Also I never ask unless they have more than one of the collection item.
    EF

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : EF

Post  EF Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 pm

I think asking for a collection item is really rude... That's the while point of a wish list. If there is something you want/need you put it up there and if there is a friend in the giving mood or feeling particularly generous then you are in luck... If not, then you have to waIt until you find it yourself. I never ask my friends to give me anything... Maybe to borrow then give it back or charging items and that is via the wall where they don't have to go out of their way scrolling through stuff, they just have to hit a button. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Wink
    Camille
    Camille

MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 pm

EF wrote:I think asking for a collection item is really rude... That's the while point of a wish list. If there is something you want/need you put it up there and if there is a friend in the giving mood or feeling particularly generous then you are in luck... If not, then you have to waIt until you find it yourself. I never ask my friends to give me anything... Maybe to borrow then give it back or charging items and that is via the wall where they don't have to go out of their way scrolling through stuff, they just have to hit a button. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Wink
    I agree it is rude to expect a collection item in return for responding to a wall request. If putting the collection item on your WL doesn't result in you getting the item I see nothing wrong with asking a friend to trade.
    Calico

Post  Calico Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm

Camille wrote: I agree it is rude to expect a collection item in return for responding to a wall request. If putting the collection item on your WL doesn't result in you getting the item I see nothing wrong with asking a friend to trade.

Exactly. I don't mind being asked - my favorite request is when they simply ask if I can help with their WL. I can easily hit the visit button and pick something to send.

I mind being told that they have already sent the mobius bow I requested and to send a high collection item in return.

There have been a few people who have been very generous to me during difficult quests - things that I was about to tear my hair out because I couldn't find them. I definitely don't mind being generous. And I love to trade and have plenty of trading items.

It's the expectation of a high item after they have already sent the lower one that annoys me.
    EF

Post  EF Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Calico wrote:
    Camille wrote: I agree it is rude to expect a collection item in return for responding to a wall request. If putting the collection item on your WL doesn't result in you getting the item I see nothing wrong with asking a friend to trade.

Exactly. I don't mind being asked - my favorite request is when they simply ask if I can help with their WL. I can easily hit the visit button and pick something to send.

I mind being told that they have already sent the mobius bow I requested and to send a high collection item in return.

There have been a few people who have been very generous to me during difficult quests - things that I was about to tear my hair out because I couldn't find them. I definitely don't mind being generous. And I love to trade and have plenty of trading items.

It's the expectation of a high item after they have already sent the lower one that annoys me.

Asking for a fair trade is totally fine! But demanding items that costs time/energy/strength to get for something you get for free? Nah! I say.. Delete, delete, delete!!
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 pm

I hate being asked for help with people's Wish Lists. But maybe that's because I seem to get that type of request from players I don't have much of a relationship with? It particularly rubs me the wrong way when someone takes the time to post the request on my wall but then doesn't bother to help with my WL (I always have at least two charging items on my list) or leave a few tips.
    EF

Post  EF Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Camille, I totally agree. Nothing turns me off more than having a "gimme, gimme" type of friend. Razz I never ask for anything. I guess I just feel weird about it. I always thank anybody who sends a collection item in the best way i can. Trading is cool, if it's fair. The deal has to be made prior to sending anything.
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 pm

EF wrote:Camille, I totally agree. Nothing turns me off more than having a "gimme, gimme" type of friend. Razz I never ask for anything. I guess I just feel weird about it. I always thank anybody who sends a collection item in the best way i can. Trading is cool, if it's fair. The deal has to be made prior to sending anything.
    Gimme, gimme friends don't last too long with me - I tend to delete after giving them a chance or two. Agree that mutually beneficial trading is fun; its one of the aspects of MM that helped get me hooked when I started playing.

EF

Post  EF Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Camille... I sent you a private msg.
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 am

EF wrote:Camille... I sent you a private msg.

...asking for all the van helsing diplomas because you've just her a green vase? Razz
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 am

Katyc wrote:

...asking for all the van helsing diplomas because you've just her a green vase? Razz
    ROFL a green vase would be useful. A vacuum tube or diving boots are a different story.
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 am

Camille wrote:
    Katyc wrote:

ROFL a green vase would be useful. A vacuum tube or diving boots are a different story.

...but the boots match that pretty yellow suit I sent you yesterday (in exchange for that eastern horoscope)
    Mogul

Post  Mogul Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 am

how about - "I tipped your rooms - can you spare a rose"

Does someone really think that I will send an Artificat collection item, which is difficult to come by, because I am going to get 12% more coins that I don't need. I will usually check their wish list and send a charging item or a collection item that I have a lot of.
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Katyc wrote:
    Camille wrote:
    Katyc wrote:

...but the boots match that pretty yellow suit I sent you yesterday (in exchange for that eastern horoscope)
    Too funny. Let me guess tomorrow you'll send the helmet in exchange for a sucubus whip? I can't wait to complete the outfit Very Happy

Mogol you are very nice to send a charging or an alternative collection item after such rudeness.
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 pm

To be fair, I really don't mind friends asking for collection items - especially soup/fillet/booze quests. It's always nice when others say, please let me know what I can gift you, but usually those who are asking for your help do not have the things you are looking for.
    But I remember the first time I was gifted Richard coats of arms or futark runes .... I thought I'd won the lottery! And I like to pay it forward:)

There is also often a language barrier, and some requests may sound rude when they aren't meant that way. However, I totally agree that when someone gifts a charger and expects a collection in return, it's beyond annoying - I'd rather they just asked with a 'pretty please'
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Oh, and Camille, you'll only get the matching helmet if you send whip, mirror and those darling red shoes:)
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Katyc wrote:To be fair, I really don't mind friends asking for collection items - especially soup/fillet/booze quests. It's always nice when others say, please let me know what I can gift you, but usually those who are asking for your help do not have the things you are looking for.
    But I remember the first time I was gifted Richard coats of arms or futark runes .... I thought I'd won the lottery! And I like to pay it forward:)

There is also often a language barrier, and some requests may sound rude when they aren't meant that way. However, I totally agree that when someone gifts a charger and expects a collection in return, it's beyond annoying - I'd rather they just asked with a 'pretty please'
    yeah I do make allowances for any language barriers but some people can't rely on that as an excuse.
    I don't mind my friends asking for help, I'm happy to help even with sought after items. In those circumstances I don't expect anything in return or I'll happily take an item of lesser value but that I have some use for. I find it rude when the only contact that player makes is to ask for help with their WL which is full of hard to find collection items.

Can't wait to see what I have to gift to get the lead gloves. Razz
    ThuyAn
    ThuyAn

MM Name : ThuyAn

Post  ThuyAn Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Katyc wrote:To be fair, I really don't mind friends asking for collection items - especially soup/fillet/booze quests. It's always nice when others say, please let me know what I can gift you, but usually those who are asking for your help do not have the things you are looking for.

Totally agree with this! I love to help especially with the punishment quest. It's the ones who want a Rose or Love potion when they've never even said "hi", much less traded or gifted or even offer a trade or gift. harrumph! Now I sound angry, LOL. 

And I know English is not the first language for many of the players but for me I think it's the lack of common courtesy. Seriously, say hi, ask if you can have "X" and that you are willing to trade.  If I have multiples or am not working towards a quest then I usually give, no strings attached. 
    Katyc

Post  Katyc Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Add me as a friend, Camille, and I'll see if I can sort something out on the glove front;)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am