MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

4 posters

Mystery gifts

Annie
    Annie

Friend Code : 1f78c5

Mystery gifts  Empty Mystery gifts

Post  Annie Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:12 am

Are mystery gifts the result of friends thanking me for sending them a gift? Also are they sent when they explore a room where I left a hint? If I am primarily getting mystery gifts does that mean that my friends are not gifting me? I send all 50 gifts and 10 collection items every day and use up all of my energy leaving tips, but it does not seem as if the gifts I receive reflect this effort.

Thanks.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Mystery gifts  Empty Re: Mystery gifts

Post  Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 am

Annie wrote:Are mystery gifts the result of friends thanking me for sending them a gift? Also are they sent when they explore a room where I left a hint? If I am primarily getting mystery gifts does that mean that my friends are not gifting me? I send all 50 gifts and 10 collection items every day and use up all of my energy leaving tips, but it does not seem as if the gifts I receive reflect this effort.

Thanks.

Hi Annie. Welcome to MMUFF.

Mystery Gifts are sent when friends thank you for sending them a gift (collection item, or free gift item). You do not receive gifts when you leave a hint or wake up friends' helpers.

Sometimes, players don't play every day, or they might be inactive players, so you may not get all the gifts you could be getting.

Rest assured - you are doing everything right. Very Happy
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks. This is not an easy game to figure out! I'm glad there is this forum. cheers
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:33 am

Annie wrote:Thanks. This is not an easy game to figure out! I'm glad there is this forum. cheers

Annie, I started to keep track of who actually sends me gifts and make sure I leave them tips first before I run out. I also gift all 50 items, but I save my collection items to set up trades first. If I don't hear back from the potential trade people before I reset then I gift collection items.

I'll also ask the people who seem to gift me most frequently where they would prefer their hints to be left. We all tend to work on trying to complete collections that require multiple visits to certain rooms, so hints left in those rooms are appreciated!

I'm finally at level 29 and moving a bit faster now that I've fostered some "wall" friendships.:-). So don't be afraid to communicate via the wall-- you'll soon figure out who plays regularly and is most helpful.

Smile
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:
    Annie wrote:Thanks. This is not an easy game to figure out! I'm glad there is this forum. cheers

Annie, I started to keep track of who actually sends me gifts and make sure I leave them tips first before I run out. I also gift all 50 items, but I save my collection items to set up trades first. If I don't hear back from the potential trade people before I reset then I gift collection items.

I'll also ask the people who seem to gift me most frequently where they would prefer their hints to be left. We all tend to work on trying to complete collections that require multiple visits to certain rooms, so hints left in those rooms are appreciated!

I'm finally at level 29 and moving a bit faster now that I've fostered some "wall" friendships.:-). So don't be afraid to communicate via the wall-- you'll soon figure out who plays regularly and is most helpful.

Smile

Ah, you are playing much smarter than I. I'm also on level 29 but it has been tedious. I don't know how to trade Sad and I don't use the wall much. As I mentioned, I feel that I do as much as I can do, but it is slow going. I probably need to keep better track of who is sending me what, clean up my friends list and learn how to trade. I'm assuming that is simply offering to give a collection item in exchange for another.

Thanks for your help.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Annie wrote:

Ah, you are playing much smarter than I. I'm also on level 29 but it has been tedious. I don't know how to trade Sad and I don't use the wall much. As I mentioned, I feel that I do as much as I can do, but it is slow going. I probably need to keep better track of who is sending me what, clean up my friends list and learn how to trade. I'm assuming that is simply offering to give a collection item in exchange for another.

Thanks for your help.
    Yep, you got it--all trading is is going to somebody's wall and offering them a collection item in exchange for one of yours. Then, if they agree, go to the Gift menu, and click on your collection item to send it to them. It's sort of a good-faith thing that they will send one back to you. You can only send 10 collection items / day, so keep that in mind too!

Another suggestion--while you can, request as many items on your friends' walls as you can. You can only request items that you don't have, so when you don't have enough to charge a collection, request that item from all your friends so that you can get a bunch of them at once. Right now I have almost all my charge items, so I can't request anything from friends, which seems like a waste!
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Smile

Thanks for your help.

I made a spreadsheet to help me keep track. Check out my post under "how to tell if friends are still playing" or something like that. It gives the column headings i use. I was able to tell in about a week, who was really active and who was just a taker, pretty quickly. Just by making dots! :-)

Now, I'm familiar with the majority of my friends willingness to trade. Learned later on that most of my collecting is coming from trades....lower level players want items you get ons of ie plungers, poltergeist, etc. while they don't have collection items to send that I need all the time, they are quick to send me those charging items I seem to always run short of.:-).

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

I know a lot of players don't like to trade with lower level players, but I do enjoy trading with them. Usually, the items they need aren't rare, so they are happy to please. Then they remember you, and always leave you room hints Very Happy

Mutual love!
    Annie
    Annie

Post  Annie Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:40 pm

So it seems if I don't trade, I won't get any where very fast. Is that correct? Also, if I am primarily getting mystery gifts, my friends aren't actually giving me gifts. Do I have this right?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Annie wrote:So it seems if I don't trade, I won't get any where very fast. Is that correct? Also, if I am primarily getting mystery gifts, my friends aren't actually giving me gifts. Do I have this right?

Some people are more social than others. I am not a very social player, but realized pretty early on that being social with friends on your list is a much quicker path to advancing. I trade with players to complete quests faster.

Yes, most people don't really give you gifts unless you request for them (everyone is lazy to see what everyone else needs). People won't give you collection items because they will want to trade with you. Usually, I initiate trades because I can get to put my voice out first on what I need. You could be passive about it and have people request to trade with you, but then you're limited to the spare items that they have.

Mystery Manor really is a game of time. The more time you spend playing and socializing, the further you will go.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Mystery gifts  Empty Mystery gift contents

Post  Mbstr8k Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 am

Just curious, has anyone gotten mystery gifts that contain items from collections higher than Collection 25 the hunting dogs? Not including horses or gypsy items.

I get tons of rabbits, silverware, puppies, dream catchers, drinks, plumbing, maid, fear of the dark, and necklace items...very few of the others in that collection range.

What do other people find they get the most of? And is it wishful thinking that as you go up levels you might get something for a higher collection? LOL Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:04 am

My experience matches yours 100%.

The items do not change as you gain levels.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 am