MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+7
Demdike
someoneXYZ
shash55
Rik
Poppy
Jade
ycul
11 posters

Valentines event reward

ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Valentines event reward Empty Valentines event reward

Post  ycul Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Just out of curiosity has anyone even gotten close to collecting enough glass fragments (240) or Magic Dust (150) to complete the event. I have searched 400+ rooms and have a total of 134/240 and 38/150. There is absolutely no way I can keep up that pace and finish this event in the 9 remaining days. Does anyone know if we don't finish the event will the quest drop off the manor wall. I really don't want it hanging around for another year. Although at least it has a pretty quest icon.

p.s. Those drop numbers are with running a turtle and delicate bouquet artifact at the same time.
    Jade
    Jade

Friend Code : 87293c
    MM Name : Jade

Valentines event reward Empty Valentine event reward

Post  Jade Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:40 am

Hi ycul,

I agree with you, the quest is impossible. I didn't finish it last time around and I dont think I will this time either.

However, to answer your question, same like the full moon quest, once the time run out everything about the quest will be removed completely from your wall (you get to keep the items collected and heart fragments etc tho). And because Valentine is celebrated once a year, hence it wont come back until next year... When it does come back, like the Full moon quest too, it will pick up where you left off - so no worrying about recollecting the items or starting over.

Good luck ;-)

p/s: I noticed the items drop with turtle too... and the magic dust seem to drop more frequently if search time at completion is less than 3 mins (dont know whether this is true for others tho)
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Valentines event reward Empty Re: Valentines event reward

Post  Poppy Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 am

That would be great, if we could pick up where we left off next year, but somehow I doubt it. It's a pretty impossible quest. I'm thinking about gifting the few I have received. I'm not exploring 400 rooms, that for sure. Razz
    Rik

Friend Code : a57cff
    MM Name : mr rik

Post  Rik Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:09 am

I did this quest last year and this time, it did not start where I ended back then. Also, I have a lot more items in my inventory then are shown in my quest summary.
    Possibly, they'll change this next year but wouldn't count on it :-)
    shash55

Post  shash55 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 pm

The magic dust only falls from rooms in night mode so if you target these rooms the quest is not as bad...you will likely need to search 300-400 rooms in night mode to get this done
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 am

shash55 wrote:The magic dust only falls from rooms in night mode so if you target these rooms the quest is not as bad...you will likely need to search 300-400 rooms in night mode to get this done

Thanks for the great tip shash55. I'm not sure I can handle 300 night mode room searches. I may go crazy.
    someoneXYZ
    someoneXYZ

Friend Code : 4af728
    MM Name : XYZ

Post  someoneXYZ Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 am

ycul wrote:
    shash55 wrote:The magic dust only falls from rooms in night mode so if you target these rooms the quest is not as bad...you will likely need to search 300-400 rooms in night mode to get this done

Thanks for the great tip shash55. I'm not sure I can handle 300 night mode room searches. I may go crazy.

This may be let you reach the achievement and get reward, i.e. chest with keys/weapons.
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 am

Very Happy I'm 45 off completing the magic dust. Used 2 nanos, 1 torch, 1 rose over 4 days! Bored, bored, bored.

The african room, hunting room, hallway and library rarely give it up. Best results are bathroom, living room, kitchen annd fortune telling room, if you can get them in night mode!

Last edited by Demdike on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I now need 34 so it is doable)
    Demdike

Post  Demdike Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am

I've finished it! Woo hoo. Gave a Golden emerald heart =. 30% to finding item for 30 mins + 30 runestones. Golden flaming heart = 30 energy + speeds up energy by 85% for 90 mins. Also a wooden, silver and golden quiver. Didn't buy any, but frustrated with playing one room over and over to get night mode then getting a phenom so having to do it twice more.
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Meanwhile the reward SUCKS anyway! 80% energy restoration for 7 days. Who cares! Now, if it were 80% experience for 7 days, I'd be motivated to finish, but not for energy.
    Demdike

Post  Demdike Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 pm

chrismmuff wrote:Meanwhile the reward SUCKS anyway! 80% energy restoration for 7 days. Who cares! Now, if it were 80% experience for 7 days, I'd be motivated to finish, but not for energy.

You think so? It's the equivalent of 7 golden roses. If you play a golden phoenix it gives you energy at a rate of 1 per second, you could easily level up several times in that week with the attendant free diamonds.
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Demdike wrote:
    chrismmuff wrote:Meanwhile the reward SUCKS anyway! 80% energy restoration for 7 days. Who cares! Now, if it were 80% experience for 7 days, I'd be motivated to finish, but not for energy.

You think so? It's the equivalent of 7 golden roses. If you play a golden phoenix it gives you energy at a rate of 1 per second, you could easily level up several times in that week with the attendant free diamonds.

All I'm saying is that it is a LOT easier to get energy then experience. I'd much prefer the equivalent of 7 wild beauties than 7 roses. And with 80% experience, run an elephant and an astronauts lunch and you get 120% experience extra per room! Nevermind what you can get with helpers too. I think you can level up a lot quicker that way than with some extra energy that I don't need anyway.
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm

I think this thread has answered my question, will I be able to complete and will it be worth it. Looks like it's a no on both counts! Laughing
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 am

Debinapril wrote:I think this thread has answered my question, will I be able to complete and will it be worth it. Looks like it's a no on both counts! Laughing

Snap !!! If i'd played for hours a day then I might have got this, but the reward really isn't worth the loss of life hours lol
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am

Has anyone actually got and USED it yet? I ask because I tried using the birthday cake charm for the first time yesterday and I could not stack a golden elephant or turtle of luck. So I wonder if you really can stack a golden Phoenix on this? If not the it really is worthless!
    Demdike

Post  Demdike Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 pm

You can definitely stack a golden phoenix onto the birthday charm, cos I done it. Haven't used the crystal heart but it's pretty much the same as the declaration of independance so I should imagine so.
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Demdike wrote:You can definitely stack a golden phoenix onto the birthday charm, cos I done it. Haven't used the crystal heart but it's pretty much the same as the declaration of independance so I should imagine so.

Golden Phoenix yes, golden elephant or turtle of luck, no.
    Demdike

Post  Demdike Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Answered question asked.
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Sometimes, it depends on the order you stack charms, for example you can run the games torch and then the golden poppy - but not the other way round (or it was like that the last time I tried anyway)
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Demdike wrote:Answered question asked.

Actually no you didn't. I asked if anyone had used and successfully stacked the golden phoenix on the VALENTINE'S DAY Crystal Heart reward, as someone earlier in the thread assumed you could stack. I was simply pointing out, using the example of the other most recent new reward the "Birthday Icon", that I was not able to successfully stack as I had with previous icons. So I was simply pointing out that perhaps one could not just assume you could stack on the Valentines reward. Likely you can, just asking. That said, I will once again say, who cares even if you can? With pretty much infinite dinners and champagne bottles available by charging collections, which not only power you up but give you +10 energy, why would you bother? I only use champagne and dinners anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am