MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
CheezerWhizzer
ML Boston
Mrs X
Sablesrgreat
belle MM
9 posters

To post or not to post?

belle MM
    belle MM

To post or not to post? Empty To post or not to post?

Post  belle MM Wed May 08, 2013 3:48 pm

A little bored trying to banish/beat/trade with all the creatures in hopes of finding a key for this or that, so I thought I would ask a question. I make a good effort everyday to visit my friends and send a gift (preferably from their wish list). Sometimes I am only able to leave a charger that is not on the wish list (but I do make an effort to see if they are low on certain chargers).

My question is this: If I stop by and leave an item that is not on your wish list, do you really want me posting on your wall every other day that I stopped by?

I don't want to become the annoying friend, so I usually just send a gift, wake up the help and move on without posting. Just curious to see how others felt. I'm a banker, so I know many wouldn't be thrilled to see my tips pop up.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and happy hunting! Very Happy
    Sablesrgreat
    Sablesrgreat

Friend Code : 1c29d7
    MM Name : Sablesrgreat

To post or not to post? Empty Re: To post or not to post?

Post  Sablesrgreat Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Personally, I like to know who has taken the time to stop by because I make sure they are the first ones I help. Since I have more friends than I have strength or time, it helps we prioritize.
    Mrs X
    Mrs X

MM Name : Mrs X

Post  Mrs X Wed May 08, 2013 6:56 pm

I also like to know who visited, and if u leave a message I will always pop over and return the favor. Posting a message makes it easy for me to find u Laughing
    belle MM
    belle MM

Post  belle MM Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 am

Thank you both for your feedback. I will start posting more on walls. I'm sure if someone doesn't like it ,they will tell me. I appreciate you taking to the time to answer.
    ML Boston

MM Name : ML

Post  ML Boston Fri May 10, 2013 10:51 pm

I agree...I prefer a quick post so I can easily return favors. If I see that someone has taken the time to visit and send a gift, I want to do the same. Scrolling through the friends list takes a lot more time, and I've also noticed my gifts get "rearranged" from time to time, so I can't always make sure I am responding in a timely manner!
    CheezerWhizzer

To post or not to post? Empty Dissenting voice.

Post  CheezerWhizzer Sat May 11, 2013 11:15 am

I have a lot of new friends who are posting when they have fulfilled my wall request. When I got to their manors just to be nice, their entire WLs are hard to find collection items.

I'm a high level player and people are asking me for things like the Healthy Diet in exchange for a Klein Vase. I'll get messages like "Sent the vase you requested, can you help with my WL?"

I think if you're fulfilling a wall request, there is no reason to post. At this point, I see that as just cluttering up my wall. Even worse are the people who fulfill your wall request and then send a string of 18 little pictures that I have no idea what they mean.

My method is to look at my gifts received first. If there is anything there other than a charger, I remember that name and go back and gift that person when I'm fulfilling my own wall requests.

I have over 5K in strength and keep it around zero. I really don't need tips from level 30 players and I'm not handing over Guarantor of Fidelity in exchange for those tips.

So I'm asking, leaving a wall message if you leave something real. Wall messages that are just ways to gift beg are annoying.
    Sablesrgreat
    Sablesrgreat

Friend Code : 1c29d7
    MM Name : Sablesrgreat

Post  Sablesrgreat Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 am

I keep my friend list small so I probably do not have as many wall posts as some do, but I really like it when folks note what they left because too many times I have hit the button and then realized I don't know who sent the item to return the favor.

Just me, I guess Very Happy

I do wonder as well sometimes what all they title icons mean...sometimes I wonder if its folks who don't speak English not knowing what else to say??
    lexp333
    lexp333

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : lexp333

Post  lexp333 Sat May 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I've also been confused by people who post on my wall that they fulfilled my wall request. I don't see it a lot, but I guess maybe they think that was a lot of effort to click on the icon?

As for the icons, I usually do it when I'm just gifting/tipping/waking and don't have much else to say. I find it more efficient, didn't even occur to me that it might be annoying Embarassed
    Arrowyn

Friend Code : 57ae90
    MM Name : Arrowyn

Post  Arrowyn Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 pm

The cutesy icons are annoying to me for a couple of reasons:

1 - Only the people who have them to use know the "code". I don't, so I've had to learn (guess) what they mean. Thankfully, I only have 1 friend who uses them (in excess), but I had to learn what she was telling me by compairing her post to what was in my gift inventory. I now know (at least) that a pink bow means she gifted a Möbius Bow. By "in excess", I mean that she sent me a message one day that contained nothing but icons, with an occasional word here & there. I didn't even bother. I wrote her back, asking for a translation.

2 - Those icons are darn small on an iPad! When 3-4 (or more) icons are strung together, I have to use the magnifier to see what they are. Too much work for my too-limited time, so I usually just ignore the post. Granted, I don't have the eyes of a 20-year old anymore but, still...! I can't even imagine what they look like on a mobile phone.

Just my opinion. Very Happy
    ML Boston

MM Name : ML

Post  ML Boston Sun May 12, 2013 12:30 am

I have wondered about those " sent requested gift" posts, too...those and the generic "help with wish list" posts. I want friends to leave a note when they have taken the time to visit and have sent either a wish list item (charger or collection) or taken the time to scroll through and see what I might be lacking and sent a gift (or tipped/woke my helpers). I agree with you lexp333...not a lot of effort required to click that icon!

And, I confess, I do use some icons...sorry to anyone I may have annoyed! That being said, I don't leave long strings...mostly a smiley or other face at the end of a message. I am just an expressive person!
    pallhedge

Friend Code : 68d24c
    MM Name : wine/Rich/wine

Post  pallhedge Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 am

I agree. "Sent requested gift" is a waste of time, I expect you to send it, hopefully more than one. My threshold for leaving a msg on a wall is a bit murky. If I feel that what I've done during my visit warrants a return gift, then I'll write. If all I did was send a charger on your wl or wake a couple helpers, then I dont bother. Chances are, you were one of my 51 friends that I get gifts from just for visiting anyway. Thats enough for me. On the other hand, if my helpers are asleep and I wake yours, I'll let you know so you can wake mine. Bottom line, lots of grey area here.
    Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 pm

As for a defined proper etiquette? I am not sure of one. I would say that it depends on your friends and what they would like. I for one, do not leave messages concerning gifts I send. Why? Because I send them without requiring a gift in return. But that is just me. I like to gift sort of anonymously at least to a point. If I wake helpers or tip rooms I may say so, only if I see I don't have a message on your wall and I know that you visit me often. Otherwise, I do it anonymously as well.

So, it really all depends on your friends and what they would like. I don't see a right or wrong on this issue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 am