MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+4
Abemom2
paulinelhg
Dazza JP
Sablesrgreat
8 posters

No new rooms

Sablesrgreat
    Sablesrgreat

Friend Code : 1c29d7
    MM Name : Sablesrgreat

No new rooms Empty No new rooms

Post  Sablesrgreat Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:56 pm

I guess I just need to whine because I am frustrated with the new update adding another planet to the yard instead of a proper room in the manor:(  I am still trying to gather the items for the moon rover AND mars without buying them and now there is another of this type. I have never cared much for the boss fights and now every quest I currently have is either a boss fight or completing the moon rover , mars and Saturn:evil: 

I find I'm not that interested anymore. I try to get on and answer all requests daily, but not spending too much time otherwise. Maybe I just need a break?
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

No new rooms Empty Re: No new rooms

Post  Dazza JP Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 am

Sablesrgreat wrote:I guess I just need to whine because I am frustrated with the new update adding another planet to the yard instead of a proper room in the manor:(   I am still trying to gather the items for the moon rover AND mars without buying them and now there is another of this type.  I have never cared much for the boss fights and now every quest I currently have is either a boss fight or completing the moon rover , mars and Saturn:evil: 

I find I'm not that interested anymore.  I try to get on and answer all requests daily, but not spending too much time otherwise. Maybe I just need a break?
    I feel exactly the same, the boss rooms are just a way of getting people to pay to enter them, it takes too long to gather enough weapons etc to actually get into them. I just do my wall requests and my gifting but my time on MM maybe at an end.
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Post  paulinelhg Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Dazza JP wrote:
    Sablesrgreat wrote:I guess I just need to whine because I am frustrated with the new update adding another planet to the yard instead of a proper room in the manor:(   I am still trying to gather the items for the moon rover AND mars without buying them and now there is another of this type.  I have never cared much for the boss fights and now every quest I currently have is either a boss fight or completing the moon rover , mars and Saturn:evil: 

I find I'm not that interested anymore.  I try to get on and answer all requests daily, but not spending too much time otherwise. Maybe I just need a break?
    I feel exactly the same, the boss rooms are just a way of getting people to pay to enter them, it takes too long to gather enough weapons etc to actually get into them. I just do my wall requests and my gifting but my time on MM maybe at an end.
    I echo that too

For weeks I was looking forward to new quest, and I'm glad for the new update n quest, at least some thing new to do, Been playing daily n clearing quest sloooowly. With out help of friends, I wouldn't reach quest 10. But I'm out of ion pistol, super Low on hyperion portol to fight krieg, martian, selene,room51,ufo keys and zodiac. I did 5 exploration of ufo with not a single disk found!!!??? I visited 3 friends and tipped n the disk dropped at every manor!!!??? skewed gameplay!

Of course if we complaint, GI will make the disk harder to drop in helping friends quest, I'm sorry folk,that's the way they have been.

When we complaint abt all the useless coins, GI introduced hyperion room and look at the amount of coins needed to buy a weapon

Come on GI, can you at least make it more interesting??? Will it kill your profit margin to increase your drop rates for weapons, collection items and keys?
    Abemom2

Friend Code : 64d84e
    MM Name : Abemom2

Post  Abemom2 Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 pm

This is exactly where I am. I can't get the final mars drafts to drop and can't get the UFO to come to move on to Selene room. I am out of items to explore the brig and the island, and now I'm out of doubloons to trade with Blackbeard to get cannonballs. When I go to friends mansions to banish the seahorse, seafarer or blackbeard they are not in the mansion if I need them to be. (I keep a list of who has them...they are disappearing right when I need them!).

I completed one quest on the "map" and had a crash...got no reward for it. All my quests right now are either to fight a boss, get an item from one of the boss rooms, or get drafts. And I'm only level 101. I don't do many boss fights so these will take forever. Have really enjoyed this game until now...but losing interest fast. Hard to hear that it doesn't get any better at higher levels!
    Sablesrgreat
    Sablesrgreat

Post  Sablesrgreat Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't see why GI can't understand the boss fights are not what got those of us who have been playing since the start interested in the game. I started last April and was quickly addicted. When the boss fights were introduced it started feeling by son's PS3 games which are definitely not my style. The snatchin disco thing is especially ridiculous.

Teri

shandra4337

Friend Code : 97d0fa
    MM Name : shenanigans

Post  shandra4337 Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 am

I understand your frustration, and while it may seem like gi has invented new ways to get us to pay them, they've actually given us a lot of ways to keep playing for free. You just have to know how to find them. While buying diamonds and/or paying the snatchin merchant are the fastest and easiest ways to get through quests (and there are plenty of people willing to do that, so why should gi not benefit from them?), there are still plenty of ways to get through them for free.

Someone might have already posted something like this somewhere before, so I apologize if this is redundant information. Also, there's probably a better place for this in the site, so moderators feel free to move it.

The answer to the riddle is in the achievements. Almost every final reward for level five completion is a grand chest. There are detective's chests which give 500 copies of all paid rooms (minus selene, mars, saturn, and boss rooms), collector's chests which give 50 copies of every charger in the game (minus mystic living room collections), snatchins chests which give a couple hundred weapons to banish snatchins, van helsing weapons chests which give 150 copies of all weapons to banish full moon monsters, and STEWARDS chests which give 150 copies of all boss keys.

The stewards chest is the key to getting through quests requiring you to enter boss rooms. There are still some achievements that I have not gotten to level 5 yet, but I know for certain that there are two of these chests out there and one of them is very easy to get. You get it from exploring the animatorium 100 times. I know, that doesn't sound easy, but I assure you that it is.

Step one is to build up your supply of plasma balls to search the room. Easily done from the mystic chests. Then, charge the warriors of resistance collection. Those items drop from the snatchin partisan and snatchin resistance fighter in the yard, or ask for them from friends. Pauline and sablesrgreat, you are both my friends in the manor, and I'm happy to gift them to you. Next, start or join an animatorium battle. It's one of the cheapest battles out there, so that's helpful. Then, explore the room as much as you can in the two hour time limit. If you're really good, you can do the hundred in one sitting. After completing the achievement, you'll get your stewards chest and a bunch of gloriously free boss keys.

If battling is not your cup of tea, then just save those boss keys back for when you need them for quests. Each time, you go into a new boss room, though, plan ahead to try to explore it the 100 times, so you can get the other chests.

Here's another tip. While you're exploring all that time in the yard, your manor will fill up with phenomena. As far as I can tell, it's the easiest way to draw phenomena in. Make sure before you start your adventure in the yard that you have at least one of the phenomena that you want in your manor (two is better). By the time you're done exploring the 100 times, you should have phenomena all over the place. This is a good way to get through the blueprint quests.

As for selenoid and martian shards, gi has improved the drop rate from aliens in this last update. Also there are several collections to charge for them. Court your high level friends! They were once at lower levels too, and they remember what it was like. Most of them are extremely generous. You just have to ask. Look at what collections they charge the most (usually something that gives them bombs, flares, compasses, etc.) and gift them what you can. Again, though, mystic chests are a fabulous way to build those keys up as well.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the mystic chests. Honestly, they are the greatest gift gi has given players, since the olympic quests of summer 2012. Here's hoping they come up with something fabulous for winter 2014!

The other achievements that are easily done are: charging collections, using tools (throw a snail every time you explore a room until you've completed it), banishing snatchins, gypsies, robots, aliens, and full moon monsters (full moon is much easier once you've received a van helsings weapons chest, which is the reward for searching the crypt 100 times), and screenshots to facebook/twitter (set up dummy accounts so you don't annoy your friends, you can complete those achievements in less than half an hour!).

Anyway, I hope this helps you and that you might rediscover your joy in the manor. We've been losing players steadily for awhile now, and it makes me sad. Sad 

- shenanigans
    xx Vix xx
    xx Vix xx

MM Name : xx Vix xx

No new rooms Empty Good advice!

Post  xx Vix xx Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

shandra4337 wrote:I understand your frustration, and while it may seem like gi has invented new ways to get us to pay them, they've actually given us a lot of ways to keep playing for free.  You just have to know how to find them.  While buying diamonds and/or paying the snatchin merchant are the fastest and easiest ways to get through quests (and there are plenty of people willing to do that, so why should gi not benefit from them?), there are still plenty of ways to get through them for free.

Someone might have already posted something like this somewhere before, so I apologize if this is redundant information.  Also, there's probably a better place for this in the site, so moderators feel free to move it.  

The answer to the riddle is in the achievements.  Almost every final reward for level five completion is a grand chest.  There are detective's chests which give 500 copies of all paid rooms (minus selene, mars, saturn, and boss rooms), collector's chests which give 50 copies of every charger in the game (minus mystic living room collections), snatchins chests which give a couple hundred weapons to banish snatchins, van helsing weapons chests which give 150 copies of all weapons to banish full moon monsters, and STEWARDS chests which give 150 copies of all boss keys.

The stewards chest is the key to getting through quests requiring you to enter boss rooms.  There are still some achievements that I have not gotten to level 5 yet, but I know for certain that there are two of these chests out there and one of them is very easy to get.  You get it from exploring the animatorium 100 times.  I know, that doesn't sound easy, but I assure you that it is.  

Step one is to build up your supply of plasma balls to search the room.  Easily done from the mystic chests.  Then, charge the warriors of resistance collection.  Those items drop from the snatchin partisan and snatchin resistance fighter in the yard, or ask for them from friends.  Pauline and sablesrgreat, you are both my friends in the manor, and I'm happy to gift them to you.  Next, start or join an animatorium battle.  It's one of the cheapest battles out there, so that's helpful.  Then, explore the room as much as you can in the two hour time limit.  If you're really good, you can do the hundred in one sitting.  After completing the achievement, you'll get your stewards chest and a bunch of gloriously free boss keys.

If battling is not your cup of tea, then just save those boss keys back for when you need them for quests.  Each time, you go into a new boss room, though, plan ahead to try to explore it the 100 times, so you can get the other chests.

Here's another tip.  While you're exploring all that time in the yard, your manor will fill up with phenomena.  As far as I can tell, it's the easiest way to draw phenomena in.  Make sure before you start your adventure in the yard that you have at least one of the phenomena that you want in your manor (two is better). By the time you're done exploring the 100 times, you should have phenomena all over the place.  This is a good way to get through the blueprint quests.

As for selenoid and martian shards, gi has improved the drop rate from aliens in this last update.  Also there are several collections to charge for them.  Court your high level friends!  They were once at lower levels too, and they remember what it was like.  Most of them are extremely generous.  You just have to ask.  Look at what collections they charge the most (usually something that gives them bombs, flares, compasses, etc.) and gift them what you can.  Again, though, mystic chests are a fabulous way to build those keys up as well.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the mystic chests.  Honestly, they are the greatest gift gi has given players, since the olympic quests of summer 2012.  Here's hoping they come up with something fabulous for winter 2014!

The other achievements that are easily done are: charging collections, using tools (throw a snail every time you explore a room until you've completed it), banishing snatchins, gypsies, robots, aliens, and full moon monsters (full moon is much easier once you've received a van helsings weapons chest, which is the reward for searching the crypt 100 times), and screenshots to facebook/twitter (set up dummy accounts so you don't annoy your friends, you can complete those achievements in less than half an hour!).

Anyway, I hope this helps you and that you might rediscover your joy in the manor.  We've been losing players steadily for awhile now, and it makes me sad.  Sad 

- shenanigans
    I have got to say, this post is brilliant! I wont pay to play, so I love this kind of tactical idea. The mystical chests are great, I collect 27 keys, then open all 3 chests to save worrying about the timers. Razz 
    pallhedge

Friend Code : 68d24c
    MM Name : wine/Rich/wine

No new rooms Empty Mystical Chest Math

Post  pallhedge Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 pm

A word about the mystical chests.  A few weeks back, I did some quick math on the number of items gifted by each chest relative to keys required to open each one.  I've since stopped opening the gold chests as it was more beneficial to only open the wood and silver chests.  Unfortunately, I didn't save my math.  As best I can recall, it wasn't a big difference with room keys, but it was pretty sizable for boss weapons.

Ok, so I'm editing this post because I re-did the math. I think of chest keys as a unit of currency.  Read these numbers below as how many of each item you get per chest key so bigger numbers are better (more for your money)...

.....................Emblem.....Coll item.....Room key.....Boss weapon.
    Casket..............10.00..........0.5............7.50..............0.50
    Silver chest.......11.25..........0.5............8.75..............0.38
    Gold chest........12.67...........0.4............8.00..............0.27

The gold chest has the best payoff for living room emblems, which I have more of than I need anyway, but worse for everything else.

Last edited by pallhedge on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added math)
    Sablesrgreat
    Sablesrgreat

Post  Sablesrgreat Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks, Shenanigans, for the tips to get more items needed to play. Also did not know playing the yard rooms would trigger phenomena ...probably because I play the yard so rarely I never noticed it. I will have to pay better attention!

Not sure it's going to make me more interested in boss quests, but we'll see.
    shandra4337

Post  shandra4337 Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

pallhedge wrote:A word about the mystical chests.  A few weeks back, I did some quick math on the number of items gifted by each chest relative to keys required to open each one.  I've since stopped opening the gold chests as it was more beneficial to only open the wood and silver chests.  Unfortunately, I didn't save my math.  As best I can recall, it wasn't a big difference with room keys, but it was pretty sizable for boss weapons.

Ok, so I'm editing this post because I re-did the math. I think of chest keys as a unit of currency.  Read these numbers below as how many of each item you get per chest key so bigger numbers are better (more for your money)...

.....................Emblem.....Coll item.....Room key.....Boss weapon.
    Casket..............10.00..........0.5............7.50..............0.50
    Silver chest.......11.25..........0.5............8.75..............0.38
    Gold chest........12.67...........0.4............8.00..............0.27

The gold chest has the best payoff for living room emblems, which I have more of than I need anyway, but worse for everything else.
    Glad I could help and thank you so much for doing the math! I've been meaning to do that myself, but have never gotten around to it. Another thing to keep in mind about the mystical chests is that they count towards the opening chest achievement! You'll also get to the goal quicker by always opening the caskets rather than the bigger chests.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the other stewards chest is the reward for battling viktor in the animatorium 100 times. This is a much tougher goal, but animatorium keys are one of the easier types to get. Wink 
    shandra4337

Post  shandra4337 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Sablesrgreat wrote:Thanks, Shenanigans, for the tips to get more items needed to play.  Also did not know playing the yard rooms would trigger phenomena ...probably because I play the yard so rarely I never noticed it. I will have to pay better attention!

Not sure it's going to make me more interested in boss quests, but we'll see.
    You're welcome, dear! As far as drawing phenomena goes, that trick works for all yard rooms, but it's easiest and cheapest to use the bunker. It costs half as many room keys as the others, it only costs five boss keys, and the battle itself doesn't require many weapons.

On a side note, for anyone who has not completed the achievement to charge the vitaminion collection, I recommend waiting to do that for as long as you can. The drop rate of bunker weapons (potions, whatever) from snatchins is reduced drastically by completing that quest.
    Keep banishing snowdoll and ear-twisting snatchins as much as you can, especially since they'll remain in your manor until you complete the quest. You can get hundreds of them, if you choose too. Then, you can play the hero in any bunker battle! Wink 
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Post  Poppy Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:31 am

That was a great post by Shenanigans. I never knew that exploring a boss room 100 times did anything. I liked that information so well, I copied and pasted it to a notes app for quick reference. Thank you very much.

I too, do not particularly care for boss fights, or planet rooms. Not sure if I'll get to like them better but we'll see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am