I believe my theory on Phenomenons (phenomena) is correct.
Here is my observation:
1. If I do the same room over and over and over, phenomenons do not appear.
2. If I do different rooms, they randomly appear.
Here is my theory:
- of all the open rooms, one room is the 'phenomenon' trigger.
- search this trigger room, and a phenomenon will appear in a random room.
How I tested:
- I have all 16 rooms open.
- If I do African room 16 times, I do not get a phenomenon.
- However, if I go through all the rooms, in order, I will eventually bring out a phenomenon before I go through the list of all rooms.
- Each time I had a phenomenon, I cleared it by searching the room.
- I then started going through the list of rooms again, in order starting with Living Room
- Each time I did this, a phenomenon would appear before I cleared all the rooms.
- I have tested this for 6 iterations, and receive a phenomenon each time.
If this is true, this would also explain why we have more phenomenons at earlier levels - there are few rooms to search, and we search all of them. As we gain higher levels, we ignore the earlier rooms because they do not give good experience or items.
Of course - now with over 30 phenomenons and STILL not a single one in the Fortune Teller Room, I think the Neptune quest hates me.