MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

3 posters

Anybody play the facebook game?

engineer
    engineer

Anybody play the facebook game? Empty Anybody play the facebook game?

Post  engineer Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm

After finding out that the Ipad app runs out of quests, I thought I'd look at the facebook game. I don't have a facebook account normally, so I made a fake one to see what the app was about. It looks cool and different enough to not drive me mad when starting over. The only problem is that I don't have any facebook friends and don't entirely understand how you get friends in the game...

I like the anonymity of the ipad game, and I really don't like the privacy issues associated with Facebook. It looks like you actually have to be friends with people in order to play with them, which kind of sucks. Do I have this right?

Anybody play on facebook? Anybody want to be my friend?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Anybody play the facebook game? Empty Re: Anybody play the facebook game?

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I loaded it up for testing once. It feel sluggish to me. I also didn't like the feeling of playing with a mouse. I even tried it on my tablet laptop, and it still felt.. 'off.'

A lot of people do play it though...
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Admin wrote:I loaded it up for testing once. It feel sluggish to me. I also didn't like the feeling of playing with a mouse. I even tried it on my tablet laptop, and it still felt.. 'off.'

A lot of people do play it though...

It definitely is sluggish--you see the "wait screen" more often than on the tablet. But, there is definitely a lot more stuff going on there! I just know you can't get anywhere without friends, and I don't know anyone on Facebook, nor do I want to actually use Facebook as "social media". Just wondering what other people do Smile
    LaneyK
    LaneyK

Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

Post  LaneyK Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 pm

A bit off topic, but.... Yay! Fellow non-facebookers, I thought I was the only one. Ha, the only reason I've ever thought about joining fb was so I'd be able to contact mystery manor support as I don't know how else to do it. My joining this forum is pretty much the most public thing online I've done.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

LaneyK wrote:A bit off topic, but.... Yay! Fellow non-facebookers, I thought I was the only one. Ha, the only reason I've ever thought about joining fb was so I'd be able to contact mystery manor support as I don't know how else to do it. My joining this forum is pretty much the most public thing online I've done.
    Yeah, I agree. The privacy issues really bother me, plus the fact that I think it's even a bigger waste of time than this game! You're definitely not the only one, but I think we may be in the minority on that Sad

On another note, you can go to Game Insight's website and contact them through that site. It accomplishes the same thing Smile
    LaneyK
    LaneyK

Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

Post  LaneyK Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Agreed, the privacy thing is a biggie to me, it troubles me just how much people are happy to broadcast about themselves. Oh cool, cheers, I'll try the GI website for contact instead. Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Continuing to be off-topic:

Yes, I don't have an account either. I only have a fake Facebook account Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 am