Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Time for new update?

    Share

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 am

    pianofingers wrote:Yes, I have Alchemist too - it was earned as soon as I updated, and I got that chest with the 500 of each unlocking items. Strange though, I have no idea what Alchemist is, because once you get the maximum award, there is no description of what it was all about. The only hint is the icon, which is a beaker, so I'm guessing it has to do with the Laboratory? Maybe reaching expert level in the Lab, or exploring it a certain number of times?

    Well I really don't know now. I went and visited a friend and she had not got the chest and had not done the alchemist thing. At her level it was called converter and do you know I've completely forgotten what it was!! But anyway the reward that she would get for reaching next level 2 was 2 bombs and a compass from the alchemists chest. So I wonder, if she was near level 5 whether the reward would now read 500 of this and that?? It seems it is the only thing that we all have in common. Go and look for yourself and see what I mean cos all of a sudden I got brain freeze affraid haha.

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 am

    gailg wrote:
    pianofingers wrote:Yes, I have Alchemist too - it was earned as soon as I updated, and I got that chest with the 500 of each unlocking items. Strange though, I have no idea what Alchemist is, because once you get the maximum award, there is no description of what it was all about. The only hint is the icon, which is a beaker, so I'm guessing it has to do with the Laboratory? Maybe reaching expert level in the Lab, or exploring it a certain number of times?

    Well I really don't know now. I went and visited a friend and she had not got the chest and had not done the alchemist thing. At her level it was called converter and do you know I've completely forgotten what it was!! But anyway the reward that she would get for reaching next level 2 was 2 bombs and a compass from the alchemists chest. So I wonder, if she was near level 5 whether the reward would now read 500 of this and that?? It seems it is the only thing that we all have in common. Go and look for yourself and see what I mean cos all of a sudden I got brain freeze affraid haha.

    Hey I got it!! :cheers Very Happy : It's for charging collections. For the last level you have to have charged 500 collections and one of the prizes is a detectives chest with 500 items of each room exploring item.
    avatar
    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2381
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  pianofingers on Tue May 15, 2012 3:38 am

    Cool, I charged 500 collections? LOL, 200 of those are Chic on a Beach.

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 am

    pianofingers wrote:Cool, I charged 500 collections? LOL, 200 of those are Chic on a Beach.

    Actually I think that 500 is for last level. It shows a total of 757 or some such that he has to get on my friends place. So I had already done that by the time of the update. If you open inventory, on the left is all about YOU!! Haha it will tell you how many collections you have charged. It was probably the best reward ever paid out in this game. I'm so busy now I don't have time for rampant anything Laughing
    avatar
    Brad5868

    Posts : 151
    Points : 2340
    Reputation : 71
    Join date : 2012-04-16

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Brad5868 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 am

    You get 500 of each snatchin banishing item for finish the acheivement for using 10,000 energy. It only counts energy used after update was in stalled

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 am

    Brad5868 wrote:You get 500 of each snatchin banishing item for finish the acheivement for using 10,000 energy. It only counts energy used after update was in stalled

    Different achievement. I am talking about the 500 coral, 500 batteries, 500 containers, 500 golden seeds, 500 gravitons, 500 golden cannonballs etc. I got it as soon as I updated cos I had charged so many collections. The 500 snatchin banishing one will be pretty awesome too hey?? The rewards have never been this good. Why did they wait so long?? Question Question
    avatar
    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2472
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  LaVentosa on Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 am

    Whoa... sounds like we would need another list "achievments" in the How-To's....
    hm... would need someone a little more organized then I am.. *whistle* Cool

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 am

    LaVentosa wrote:Whoa... sounds like we would need another list "achievments" in the How-To's....
    hm... would need someone a little more organized then I am.. *whistle* Cool

    The thing is the achievements seem to happen when you're just minding your own business. Too fast and furious to keep track of. Sometimes I'm not really sure of what I've done. Would be so hard to organize cos it would mean visiting everyone of different levels and looking at their achievements. 24 achievements each with 5 levels. Then say okay achievement one level one: you need to do this and you will get this. Yep, too organized for me too! Haha Laughing
    avatar
    Brad5868

    Posts : 151
    Points : 2340
    Reputation : 71
    Join date : 2012-04-16

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Brad5868 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 am

    I know what chest you were talking about, you also get that one for taking 100 screenshots to Facebook, (I spammed my old fb account to finish that (: I was just saying that the 500 snatchin one exists in at least two achievements I know of.

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Tue May 15, 2012 9:44 am

    Brad5868 wrote:I know what chest you were talking about, you also get that one for taking 100 screenshots to Facebook, (I spammed my old fb account to finish that (: I was just saying that the 500 snatchin one exists in at least two achievements I know of.

    I don't have Facebook so can't get it that way. Yes the snatchin one will be good I guess. Snatchins don't give much though, I was thinking. An alien banishing one would be good Smile

    Dug

    Posts : 28
    Points : 2093
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Friend Code : 99e2d8
    MM Name : dug

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Dug on Tue May 15, 2012 2:42 pm

    Brisa68 wrote:Can someone please tell us if the Chic in the Beach still has its flaw after update?

    Thanks!
    what is this flaw?
    avatar
    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2677
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 35
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Tue May 15, 2012 4:34 pm

    Dug wrote:
    Brisa68 wrote:Can someone please tell us if the Chic in the Beach still has its flaw after update?

    Thanks!
    what is this flaw?

    The charging items are not taken away when you charge and yes it still does it:)


    _________________
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 am

    gailg wrote:
    Brad5868 wrote:I know what chest you were talking about, you also get that one for taking 100 screenshots to Facebook, (I spammed my old fb account to finish that (: I was just saying that the 500 snatchin one exists in at least two achievements I know of.

    I don't have Facebook so can't get it that way. Yes the snatchin one will be good I guess. Snatchins don't give much though, I was thinking. An alien banishing one would be good Smile

    Actually Brad, getting the snatchin one was a bit of a let down. I got 500 of everything sure enough. I only have a bookworm one so went off looking. Everyone has a bookworm, not many of others and they pay out crap stuff. Now an alien one would be something else!! lol!
    avatar
    Brad5868

    Posts : 151
    Points : 2340
    Reputation : 71
    Join date : 2012-04-16

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Brad5868 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 am

    You'll find the snatchin one a big help when you get the acheivement for banishing 300 snowdoll snatchins. It's the last one on the list, stage four I believe. Too bad I only have a. Few friends with only one of them :/

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 am

    Brad5868 wrote:You'll find the snatchin one a big help when you get the acheivement for banishing 300 snowdoll snatchins. It's the last one on the list, stage four I believe. Too bad I only have a. Few friends with only one of them :/


    Yes I have a few friends with them but I never took any notice. Maybe I will write it down the same way I do ninjas. Hey I found a friend with Blackbeard! I had 2 gold doubloons and banished him and I got 2 pirates from one of the new collections.
    avatar
    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2381
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  pianofingers on Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 am

    Well now that was short-lived! After I opened the pirate ship, there were only 3 quests (explore the brig once, explore the brig in silhouette, explore the brig in night mode), and then no more quests again. Why would they even tease us with an achievement for 1,000 quests?

    At least the achievements will keep us playing (those that are attainable, at least), and I still have the pirate collections to complete. My cannonballs are running out, and it's either buy them with diamonds, trade with the pirate snatchin (doubloons are a rare drop), or win cannonballs from getting the top achievements. I'll go for the achievement option.

    Off to fail some explorations now...

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Thu May 17, 2012 4:11 am

    pianofingers wrote:Well now that was short-lived! After I opened the pirate ship, there were only 3 quests (explore the brig once, explore the brig in silhouette, explore the brig in night mode), and then no more quests again. Why would they even tease us with an achievement for 1,000 quests?

    At least the achievements will keep us playing (those that are attainable, at least), and I still have the pirate collections to complete. My cannonballs are running out, and it's either buy them with diamonds, trade with the pirate snatchin (doubloons are a rare drop), or win cannonballs from getting the top achievements. I'll go for the achievement option.

    Off to fail some explorations now...

    Fancy having 5 failures as an achievement!! Lol the big loser achievement and the prize is an empty chest!! (yes im kidding!!) I planned to just do living room and tap like a lunatic in one place and you lose 5 seconds each tap. I can't believe the running out of quests thing. Lily will be whipping them to get new ones cos she's the one who cops it in the neck. Found 3 doubloons, banished 3 blackbeards and got 3 pirates. That's good but it was like waiting for oilcans to drop and we all know how that went!
    avatar
    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2381
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  pianofingers on Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 am

    Oh, to "fail" a room, just tap on the door exit button on the right. Easy as pie. Smile You can do this on the living room, one after another, when you have the unlimited energy ruuning. It's a waste of energy though, and by that I mean real-life personal energy, tapping and exiting and rinse and repeat 500 times - what a ridiculous achievement indeed!
    avatar
    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2443
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  engineer on Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

    pianofingers wrote:Oh, to "fail" a room, just tap on the door exit button on the right. Easy as pie. Smile You can do this on the living room, one after another, when you have the unlimited energy ruuning. It's a waste of energy though, and by that I mean real-life personal energy, tapping and exiting and rinse and repeat 500 times - what a ridiculous achievement indeed!
    Yep, they're just quests to get you to "waste" energy and diamonds. The other one I can't imagine finishing is the "buy X amount of chests" one. The first stage is buy 1 chest, then the next one is 10 chests, and it'll go up from there. That's a huge amount of diamonds for collection items I don't really need!

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  gailg on Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm

    engineer wrote:
    pianofingers wrote:Oh, to "fail" a room, just tap on the door exit button on the right. Easy as pie. Smile You can do this on the living room, one after another, when you have the unlimited energy ruuning. It's a waste of energy though, and by that I mean real-life personal energy, tapping and exiting and rinse and repeat 500 times - what a ridiculous achievement indeed!
    Yep, they're just quests to get you to "waste" energy and diamonds. The other one I can't imagine finishing is the "buy X amount of chests" one. The first stage is buy 1 chest, then the next one is 10 chests, and it'll go up from there. That's a huge amount of diamonds for collection items I don't really need!

    I did the 5 fail now have to do 50 fails!! Actually as far as energy goes, a friend pointed out the tip on this forum about using silver sun and golden phoenix together. Churns out so much energy that you cant keep up. But that is not the point. And I bought a chest by accident last week (which didn't count) and it had 9 items that I had 25 of already or 36 like tooth fairy!! I won't be doing that "achievement". On a brighter note I am 23 gifts away from getting the 500 exploring items chest, the detectives chest you know. Woohoo! cheers
    avatar
    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2755
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Mbstr8k on Thu May 17, 2012 11:14 pm

    The chest for using 1000 energy also gives Collection items that you get as mystery gifts already. I do like the 500 snatchins banisters though.


    Last edited by Mbstr8k on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

    Lovecaz

    Posts : 4
    Points : 2079
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Age : 35
    Friend Code : Fc104a
    MM Name : Lovecaz

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Lovecaz on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:01 am

    How is multiple gifting considered "rampant cheating"??? I think it's pretty awesome that we are able to help our friends with collection items without losing the items we work so hard to earn. I honestly don't see how people could think its cheating...but that's just me!

    gailg

    Posts : 80
    Points : 2204
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Melbourne Australia
    Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

    rampant cheating

    Post  gailg on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 am

    Haha the term "Rampant cheating" is just a phrase I found funny when the Admin used it. About why they may have abandoned the game. This was before the brilliant update. I also dont consider multi gifting "RC" but a way of helping out friends and to make up for the rampant crashing, which is actually worse since the update. Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Time for new update?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 am