MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
Trekker
Jean G
engineer
sjwriter
Admin
9 posters

Golden Horseshoes

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Golden Horseshoes Empty Golden Horseshoes

Post  Admin Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Everyone hates getting horseshoes.

I do too.

How does one get Golden Horseshoes besides buying them with diamonds?
    sjwriter

Friend Code : 3965f8

Golden Horseshoes Empty Re: Golden Horseshoes

Post  sjwriter Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 am

Hand of Midas (an artifact) gives you 30 golden horseshoes (and +50% coins when exploring rooms for 6 hrs).

BTW, I come across with a quest that ask for 30 golden horseshoes. It make some rooms containing the golden horseshoes too. Not easy to find them out. Anyway I'd rather keep the quest unfinished. Wink
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:15 am

sjwriter wrote:Hand of Midas (an artifact) gives you 30 golden horseshoes (and +50% coins when exploring rooms for 6 hrs).

BTW, I come across with a quest that ask for 30 golden horseshoes. It make some rooms containing the golden horseshoes too. Not easy to find them out. Anyway I'd rather keep the quest unfinished. Wink

I, too, have that quest. It's been on my list for 3 days, yet not a single room has dropped any golden horseshoes for me. I'm using my Faithful Heart and Crystal Heart now - so I've been searching a lot of rooms the past few days...

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 am

For me golden horseshoes drop in fortune teller room and the hallway...I have to check on the library. But I too did the hand of midas quest to get the horseshoes.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

I have two quests for horseshoes that I've had for at least two weeks. I use the horseshoes I find to banish gypsies so I don't know when I'll complete them! Has anyone here finished them? Do you get to keep the horseshoes or are they taken away?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 am

sfinley ibrahim wrote:I have two quests for horseshoes that I've had for at least two weeks. I use the horseshoes I find to banish gypsies so I don't know when I'll complete them! Has anyone here finished them? Do you get to keep the horseshoes or are they taken away?

My understanding is this:

When you get the quest, any horseshoes you already have is counted towards the requirement. Any horseshoes you collect is added to the required amount. Any horseshoes you use to banish gypsies are taken away from your inventory, but not deducted from the amount you need to complete the quest.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:33 am

Admin wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:I have two quests for horseshoes that I've had for at least two weeks. I use the horseshoes I find to banish gypsies so I don't know when I'll complete them! Has anyone here finished them? Do you get to keep the horseshoes or are they taken away?

When you get the quest, any horseshoes you already have is counted towards the requirement. Any horseshoes you collect is added to the required amount. Any horseshoes you use to banish gypsies are taken away from your inventory, but not deducted from the amount you need to complete the quest.

You're right in all but one aspect. If you use horseshoes before the quest is finished it is deducted from your quest total. In one of the quests you need horseshoes and somethng else. Once you get all the horseshoes and start collecting the other item you can use the horseshoes without them being deducted from your quest.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 am

Admin wrote:

I have the horseshoe quests too, and they are a pain in the butt. The quest for bronze and silver horseshoes says that the horseshoes will be removed from inventory once completed. So, you do need to find them and NOT use them to banish gypsies in order to complete it.

I also have the same question as someone above--is it better to use the ones you find to banish gypsies or should I be saving them to get this quest off my page? I think I've had the 2 horseshoe quests for at least 2 weeks too. They never seem to drop.

Last edited by engineer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jean G

Post  Jean G Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 pm

When the quest has multiple items to collect such as the bronze and silver horseshoes, you can collect all of one and get a check mark next to that item. You can use that item before collecting all of the other item and that way you only lose the final item collected. So for the horseshoes, if you collect all the silver, and get that portion of the quest checked off, you can spend the silver horseshoes. Once you collect the bronze horseshoes, only the bronze will be taken (and any silver you still have remaining).
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Jean G wrote:When the quest has multiple items to collect such as the bronze and silver horseshoes, you can collect all of one and get a check mark next to that item. You can use that item before collecting all of the other item and that way you only lose the final item collected. So for the horseshoes, if you collect all the silver, and get that portion of the quest checked off, you can spend the silver horseshoes. Once you collect the bronze horseshoes, only the bronze will be taken (and any silver you still have remaining).

Oh, OK I understand what you mean now. You have to get the check mark first! I obviously missed that part because I've never even gotten more than 3 horseshoes at a time... Thanks for the clarification.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:04 pm

FYI on horseshoe quests....... The one you need 40 bronze and 10,000 coins takes the 40 horseshoes when you are done. Spent 30 diamonds on those suckers (had thanks to synthesizer) because I thought I would be able to use 10 of them to banish gypsy. Then they went poof! FAIL!!
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 am

sfinley ibrahim wrote:FYI on horseshoe quests....... The one you need 40 bronze and 10,000 coins takes the 40 horseshoes when you are done. Spent 30 diamonds on those suckers (had thanks to synthesizer) because I thought I would be able to use 10 of them to banish gypsy. Then they went poof! FAIL!!

I finished the horseshoe quests today. Thanks to all the info here, I was able to save a lot of diamonds! I bought 30 silver horseshoes (because I wasn't finding any in the rooms) and then spent them all banishing gypsies. Then I went to the store and bought 40 copper horseshoes. The 2 quests were completed, and I only lost 40 copper horseshoes as opposed to 70 copper and 30 silver. Banishing all the gypsies helped me complete the next couple of quests too!
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Okay, I'm a little confused here. I have both horseshoe quests, too. If I'm reading this right, I should complete the silver horseshoes first? And that once you get that checkmark, you can start using them to banish gypsies and won't lose your count? You'll still have the 30 horseshoes?

Does this strategy work with other things, too? I have an oil can/vacuum robot quest, too. I'm one oil can away from getting the 5 that I need. Once I get 5 oil cans and get the checkmark, I can start banishing vacuum robots without losing any oil cans?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Trekker, when I was doing that quest, I did meet the oil canisters requirement first. Then I started banishing robots. The oil canisters requirement was still met even when I had no more to use.

Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Admin wrote:Trekker, when I was doing that quest, I did meet the oil canisters requirement first. Then I started banishing robots. The oil canisters requirement was still met even when I had no more to use.

Ah, thanks, that makes more sense, though I would rather the supply became unlimited after you got the checkmark. Wishful thinking on my part. Wink
    Jenn357

Golden Horseshoes Empty Update changes

Post  Jenn357 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:41 am

Since the update I am not able to use the items after I get the check mark for them in the quest. I got all the copper horse shoes and now need the silver ones. But when I go to banish the girl gypsy now it is saying I have none and need to spend diamonds for them.
    Is anyone else having this problem now? Or has anyone found a way to get around this problem?

Thanks
    Jenn
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 am

I have not seen this.

Check your inventory to see if you still have the horseshoes in your inventory.
    The items are only removed after you complete the whole quest, not after you get a check mark by each quest item.
    Jenn357

Post  Jenn357 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I checked my inventory and it says I have no copper horse shoes. The quest shows a green check mark for 30 copper horse shoes. I have only banished 4 gypsy girls the entire game and I had to spent diamonds to do 2 of them. I also got the check mark previous to banishing anything. I was really relying on being able to use those horse shoes after I got the check mark.
    I am waiting for another quest to see if the same thing happens there.
    ützel

Friend Code : Fd6d1f
    MM Name : Ützel

Post  ützel Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Does anybody have an update on where to find those bleeding golden horseshoes? I have the quest with the 30 golden horseshoes since over a week now and i have found zero so far. How did you solve this quest? Just spent the 180 diamonds?
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Charge the Hand of Midas artifact to get 30 golden horseshoes.
    Torynn

Post  Torynn Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 am

And charge the visions of the future to get 100 copper horseshoes. It's coll. #28

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am