MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+61
hippolyra
Demdike
sjwriter
Sakura
loring
CJ
gailg
LoJoPo
jill4444
Trailer Trash
CheezerWhizzer
engineer
Fozzie
joneill17
JazzLamb
robievt
gemfinder
Dazza JP
Caz
truperduper
Brescot
kmnrc35
Okat53
mariahorn
John doe
msheresy
sarah
Jade
Pbradley
Chickenchick111
Trekker
Wonderwoman118
mlle. scarlett
Dogon
Gator5cat
Jae
welcome33
Luna Z
Connie-pia
Dug
Shadowcat
GraceMarie
chrismmuff
puertokelly
Mags UFF
ycul
karen_ni
hawkeyegirl
Brisa68
Mbstr8k
tatteredlace
Vovan23mvp
Katyc
erin.kate
JenMomma5476
Katthegreat
jrg1287
candyglam
Bettsy
JenX
Samc147
65 posters

Update and new room

Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Update and new room - Page 5 Empty Re: Update and new room

Post  Shadowcat Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Easiest way is to find a friend to trade books with. I got 4 out of 5 books by trading.

Now I'm working on getting the pieces to the island. Got 4 so far.

Friends who have not updated can still gift the old way Smile
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:43 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    Fozzie wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:
    Fozzie wrote:I am a bit confused, I have completed the UFO and Pirate ship and built the island however I have no new quests that the island refers to when I click on it. The only task I have is to find the book of monsters from the African room with the curse of the stone tongue. Will new quests appear after I have got the book of monsters or has my game gone t**s up?

Thanks in anticipation

the next quest is the book of eastern magic, wilo the wisp in the japanese garden which is where I'm stuck lol

Are they the quests that are linked to the island

Yes.

Seriously though, don't waste your time and diamonds on getting a phenomenon in a room then shutting down when item isn't found. Just keep exploring the fortune telling caravan. The books will drop sooner than you think! Smile

I agree, just search the normal rooms, which happen to be the Fortune telling room for some of them, and the Library for the others. It's just like every other string of quests, you have to complete 1 before you get the next ones. They won't all just appear as soon as there's an update, people!
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

I might be the only one but I'm enjoying the game more now that I am free of the obligation of multigifting. It was taking at least two hours every day to refit all my friends and fulfill wall requests. Now I can just enjoy the game. Doses that sound selfish? I do wonder how anyone could complete the full moon if they don't have four bazillion friends.
    gemfinder
    gemfinder

Post  gemfinder Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Shadowcat wrote:

Are you buying them or do they drop from somewhere?
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:13 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    Shadowcat wrote:

I'm finding them. You won't find them until you get the quests for them. The quests come after the books, then several collections from pirate ship (I think), then you get all 8 quests for island pieces at once.
    gemfinder
    gemfinder

Post  gemfinder Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:
    Shadowcat wrote:

I'm finding them. You won't find them until you get the quests for them. The quests come after the books, then several collections from pirate ship (I think), then you get all 8 quests for island pieces at once.

Brilliant! Thank you. Just on sea creepers part at the moment. Collection #78. Missing a couple of them - and the treasure chest for collection #79 which I assume is next.

Thank you for saving me 150 diamonds Shadowcat!!!
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Friend Code : 8827B4
    MM Name : Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

OK. I banished a Bluebeard roaming round my manor and the collections for the new quest appeared. Was this coincinence? I dont have the Pirate Brid or UFO. Hope this helps someone cos I have no idea what Im doing half the time. Just tap the screen and hope for the best Very Happy
    hawkeyegirl

MM Name : Santa23

Post  hawkeyegirl Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Easiest way is to find a friend to trade books with. I got 4 out of 5 books by trading.

How easily are the pieces to the island dropping for you? I'm just curious, because most of them are in rooms that have keys to enter, and I'm wondering how many seeds/batteries, etc. I'm going to need to find the pieces.
    hawkeyegirl

MM Name : Santa23

Post  hawkeyegirl Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

CheezerWhizzer wrote:I might be the only one but I'm enjoying the game more now that I am free of the obligation of multigifting. It was taking at least two hours every day to refit all my friends and fulfill wall requests. Now I can just enjoy the game. Doses that sound selfish? I do wonder how anyone could complete the full moon if they don't have four bazillion friends.

Honestly, I feel the same way. I'm not particularly sad that they fixed the multi-gifting bug.
    jill4444
    jill4444

Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

Post  jill4444 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Vovan23mvp wrote:By the way, don't waist your time waiting phenomenons in the right room. The books drop never. Just search rooms where that book might be drop.
    Seems that multi gifts still work.

I've not been able to get MG to work. Can you PM me and let me know if you're still able to? I'm wondering if some of the MGs were sent from friends before the update...?
    Caz
    Caz

MM Name : Caz

Post  Caz Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:07 pm

hawkeyegirl wrote:
    CheezerWhizzer wrote:I might be the only one but I'm enjoying the game more now that I am free of the obligation of multigifting. It was taking at least two hours every day to refit all my friends and fulfill wall requests. Now I can just enjoy the game. Doses that sound selfish? I do wonder how anyone could complete the full moon if they don't have four bazillion friends.

Honestly, I feel the same way. I'm not particularly sad that they fixed the multi-gifting bug.

I feel a bit guilty agreeing with you, but I do!!
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

hawkeyegirl wrote:
    Shadowcat wrote:Easiest way is to find a friend to trade books with. I got 4 out of 5 books by trading.

How easily are the pieces to the island dropping for you? I'm just curious, because most of them are in rooms that have keys to enter, and I'm wondering how many seeds/batteries, etc. I'm going to need to find the pieces.

I found 4 in one session with a turtle. Playing off and on while watching Olympics. I did put on the roses and a copper Phoenix for one intense 30 min session. I used a 10% helper each time as well. I found the pieces in Sakura and room 51 in about 2-3 times each. Fortune telling room I searched about 8-10 times, but it's almost like it doesn't have keys to enter since I have 13k runestones. I think I found piece in ocean room fairly quickly too.

I've run out of cannonballs for pirate brig though and having trouble finding snatchin to trade with for those. Have done lab multiple times, but it seems to be cycling through night and words, not wanting to go to silhouette very much. I haven't had a single native idol appear in any room. I'm waiting to see if I can get one to appear before buying the multi phase tambourine to summon it. I don't have the flying saucer yet, so I can't hunt for a piece of island there. I may end up buying that piece if it doesn't look like there are other flying saucer quests immediately coming up. (robots aren't registering on my 10x robot quest last few weeks, so I can't buy my way out of it right now if I wanted to!)
    LoJoPo
    LoJoPo

Friend Code : 64aca3
    MM Name : LoJoPo

Post  LoJoPo Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm

ycul wrote:
    karen_ni wrote:Has anyone tried multi-gifting with the new update?

Hi Karen, Sent you a pm!!!

Would you send me a pm too? :-) thanks!
    LoJoPo
    LoJoPo

Friend Code : 64aca3
    MM Name : LoJoPo

Post  LoJoPo Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:04 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    Shadowcat wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:
    JazzLamb wrote:
    robievt wrote:Is anyone having issues with gifting? My gifts are not being received and I have received very few since the update Crying or Very sad Quite disappointing.

Yes, I am have same problem!

It's either that or I'm not popular anymore Crying or Very sad

I think it's that multi gifting is not working anymore Sad It looks like it is working, but gifts aren't going through as near as a friend and I could figure last night.

That's what I have found in a few tests. If you do it the tried and trusted way and cancel immediately when sending wish list items, none will be sent. You have to "miss" for it to go. I sent a few sets of ten items last night to different friends and none got through. A few multis get through by repeatedly pressing the gift button on wall items but that's no good for the more valuable stuff. Neutral

lol!
    Typical as I'd just managed to slow down my wireless signal by standing between the microwave and dishwasher! sunny
    puertokelly
    puertokelly

Friend Code : 6e8569
    MM Name : Kraleyipad MMF

Post  puertokelly Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok, because we are the most awesome community of glitch finders, please let the board know if you run into another nice glitch. I liked MG. I guess it was a way I could feel generous. Now, if we give something, it comes out of our actual inventory, unless on our gifting wall? Sucky. I am finding out that I might only be generous if it doesn't cost me anything. Sad I have a question about trading. Could someone explain what the best way to manage this is.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:12 am

How many of the various magic books are needed for the new quests? I don't want to open a gift if I need a quantity of them. Do we need at least one of each? Thanks!
    gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Post  gailg Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 am

IDevices wrote:I activated the vanquishes of monsters charm one time and every time it is suppose to go away it starts over again. This is the third week and I am really hoping it doesn't start over again. Guess I will find out in four days. So for now I have that and the lovely faithful heart running. So since no turtle can be used I charged cornucopia and golden calla. Not sure how much of a difference it makes, I am stuck on the book of necromancy. Waiting for the phenom to show up.

I just asked friends for all 5 books! Why waste time exploring a room over and over again when you have friends?? Very Happy Also my vanquishing charm has just started for 4th time. For the first time ever, GI has failed to respond to my emails about it. I would appreciate it if more of us could write about it?

Last edited by gailg on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 am

I just asked friends for all 5 books! Why waste time exploring a room over and over again when you have friends?? :D [/quote]

Do we need 5 of each Gail? or just one of each? I just sent one to a friend today.:-)
    gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Post  gailg Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 am

Mbstr8k wrote:

I just asked friends for all 5 books! Why waste time exploring a room over and over again when you have friends?? Very Happy

Do we need 5 of each Gail? or just one of each? I just sent one to a friend today.:-)[/quote].

You just have to gain one each time a quest asks for it. Then when you have collected all 5 it asks you to charge collection. So every time a quest pops up for a book ask a friend. I had a friend who hasn't updated so she sent them one by one by request haha
    CJ

Friend Code : 9ae3f1
    MM Name : CJ

Post  CJ Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 am

I have not updated yet. Are there any collections I should stock up on before moving to the dark side Wink
    loring
    loring

Post  loring Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 am

You should stick up on everything!!!

You will be back to trading when you update, stock up on artefacts, items to get into rooms, chargers and anything else you can manage!!

I'm not sure I would update if I were you,

Lo
    Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Post  Sakura Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 am

CJ wrote:I have not updated yet. Are there any collections I should stock up on before moving to the dark side Wink
    Take a look at chit- chat room. It might help you
    sjwriter

Friend Code : 3965f8

Post  sjwriter Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am

Ooops... have been away from this forum for some time and don't know what that "+" and "-" mean... Would like to give a "+" to Charlotte's post [url=here]http://www.mmuff.com/t698p75-update-and-new-room#7135[/url] instead of the "-". Any way to undo it?
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 am

sjwriter wrote:Ooops... have been away from this forum for some time and don't know what that "+" and "-" mean... Would like to give a "+" to Charlotte's post [url=here]http://www.mmuff.com/t698p75-update-and-new-room#7135[/url] instead of the "-". Any way to undo it?

No way to undo .... No sweat jwriter....:-). I still love you!: Very Happy
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Update and new room - Page 5 Empty Quests?

Post  Demdike Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 am

I have the african diamond quest up for the shields but the tasks required have disappeared. I hadn't completed some quests before they vanished too. I'm on level 50 with the tropical Island quest up, but with no pirate brig, spaceship or Island appearring.

With just the flying monkey and bluebird/shawl quest up am I ever going to be able to get these new rooms?

I did banish a pirate and got the pot of gold with nothing else coming up.

Last edited by Demdike on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am