MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+24
Sharbee
islandgirl
nbredman
Rosie Hallahan
•Vicki bans GI•
Bovver
Neodymm
AJ
lelowoodard@gmail.com
kk_mm
Jae
Gouofi
karen_ni
mrnuts
Camille
Mooscrat
mparker
ycul
pianofingers
Juud
JazzLamb
engineer
sjwriter
Admin
28 posters

Oil cans x300

nbredman

Friend Code : c2ccc5
    MM Name : nbredman

Oil cans x300 - Page 3 Empty Re: Oil cans x300

Post  nbredman Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Bovver wrote:If you get a phenomena in African room, hall or Japanese garden then leave it there. Let other phenomena appear in the lower rooms. They come quite quickly especially if you leave one or two curses in the higher rooms as well. Phenomena don't appear in rooms with curses and they don't appear at all if you have 7 or more phenomena+curses so keep good count? Each time a phenomena appears in the lower rooms you can banish it normally and then deal with the curse. As you enter the cursed room check the drop list and the oil can will be there. Use a turtle to be sure and the whole thing is much faster if you use a golden rose+Phoenix. My record was 38 cans in 1 day. Good luck. By the way there are 3 of these oil can quests...........

I was wondering why I had so many cans dropping. Most of my rooms I am searching are cursed.

After double checking my cursed rooms oil cans are listed in the drop list of only the Bathroom, Kitchen, and Living Room. I have stone, witch, and evil eye respectively in those rooms.

Last edited by nbredman on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more info)
    Bovver

Friend Code : No ide
    MM Name : Bovver

Post  Bovver Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 am

Nbredman, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that the Bathroom also has oil cans with a curse. So there are 4 rooms where this happens (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom). Not sure why I forgot about the bathroom because that was the room where I most often got the double oil can drop.
    Rosie Hallahan

Oil cans x300 - Page 3 Empty Oil cans

Post  Rosie Hallahan Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Don't forget to double click on close down to keep the curse in the room. Managed to get over 60 oil cans today, by my reckoning should only take a week or two to finish Laughing
    islandgirl
    islandgirl

Post  islandgirl Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Awesome tips everyone! cheers I'm only on the 1st oil can quest to banish 10 vacuum bots, but thought it was gonna take me a year to finish!

Just thought I'd add that it would conserve energy to get the curse in the Living Room since it only costs 30 each time to enter (on Expert). I've been exploring that room non-stop as I also need to accumulate 50 flying monkeys!

Oh! and to get an Explorer friend to tip the room & bring an Explorer helper to increase your chances too!
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Top tip Bovver! I was despairing at the simple achievement for banishing 50 TV robots and hardly ever got an oilcan.
    Then, after starting the Island quests and realising I needed to get the UFO first ( to get the map part), I cried when I got the Strange Recording quest (Banish 10 of each robot).

Got a curse in all inner rooms ( except the bathroom typically) and I get an oilcan each time with a turtle, regardless of taking a helper.

Thanks for sharing that wicked observation about needing the curses in them for the cans. Very Happy

NB. Banish 50 Television Robots is the 3 rd Ribbon for Programmers Achievement: Reward is 3 Illuminsti Lamps. So that's 500 oilcans!!

Last edited by Sharbee on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added achievement info)
    Neodymm

Friend Code : 97c262
    MM Name : Neodymm

Post  Neodymm Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

This actually works! I found over 50 oil cans today while running a turtle...and I was just playing leisurely over the 6 hours. All were in kitchen & bedroom with a curse that I kept in the rooms. I will finally be able to finish the "A Strange Recording Quest". Woohoo!

So, what future quests will need oil cans? Wondering how many I should save up while this is working! :-)
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 am

Neodymm wrote:This actually works! I found over 50 oil cans today while running a turtle...and I was just playing leisurely over the 6 hours. All were in kitchen & bedroom with a curse that I kept in the rooms. I will finally be able to finish the "A Strange Recording Quest". Woohoo!

So, what future quests will need oil cans? Wondering how many I should save up while this is working! :-)

Is that the one that needed 300? If so, then I think that is it for the oil can quests....until a future update.

This discovery has helped a lot of people. I wish the ability had been around 4-5 months ago! I think one of the multitudes of updates this past summer corrected the fact that oil cans wouldn't drop at all. So glad I listened to THAT complaint.

Don't forget the achievement that requires oil cans....so far no one has said what the 5th ribbon reward is. I haven't seen anyone past ribbon two yet.:-)
    Neodymm

Friend Code : 97c262
    MM Name : Neodymm

Post  Neodymm Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am

Mbstr8k wrote:
    Neodymm wrote:This actually works! I found over 50 oil cans today while running a turtle...and I was just playing leisurely over the 6 hours. All were in kitchen & bedroom with a curse that I kept in the rooms. I will finally be able to finish the "A Strange Recording Quest". Woohoo!

Is that the one that needed 300? If so, then I think that is it for the oil can quests....until a future update.

This discovery has helped a lot of people. I wish the ability had been around 4-5 months ago! I think one of the multitudes of updates this past summer corrected the fact that oil cans wouldn't drop at all. So glad I listened to THAT complaint.

Don't forget the achievement that requires oil cans....so far no one has said what the 5th ribbon reward is. I haven't seen anyone past ribbon two yet.:-)

Yes, it is the 300 oil can quest. I forgot about the achievement. Only 39 more tv robots and I'll have ribbon 3 ;-) I'll keep that in mind when I have nothing else to do (that might be a while, lol).
    Caz
    Caz

MM Name : Caz

Post  Caz Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 am

Mbstr8k wrote:

This has been such a help to me as well. I'm working on the achievement that needs them and am up to ribbon 4. Only need another 250 lol, then I'll find out what ribbon 5's reward is. Might be there by Christmas!!!

Caz
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am

[

Don't forget the achievement that requires oil cans....so far no one has said what the 5th ribbon reward is. I haven't seen anyone past ribbon two yet.:

This has been such a help to me as well. I'm working on the achievement that needs them and am up to ribbon 4. Only need another 250 lol, then I'll find out what ribbon 5's reward is. Might be there by Christmas!!!

Caz
    [/quote]

Caz,
    Can you post what the task and reward are for the 3rd and 4th ribbons in the achievement guide's thread on the Guides section of the site? http://www.mmuff.com/t378-guide-mystery-manor-achievements-requirements-and-rewards. I would really appreciate it! Not sure when I'll get there myself and I haven't seen that level on any of my friend's manors!

Thanks!! Very Happy

Last edited by Mbstr8k on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
    rab

Post  rab Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 am

Based on achievements from one of the high ranking players, the last ribbon is for 300 robot musicians. The reward is a golden chest, snatchers chest and 3 turtles of luck
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Friend Code : 8827B4
    MM Name : Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Rosie Hallahan wrote:Don't forget to double click on close down to keep the curse in the room. Managed to get over 60 oil cans today, by my reckoning should only take a week or two to finish Laughing

What do I need to double click to keep a curse in a room????
    Rosie Hallahan

Post  Rosie Hallahan Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Trailer trash, when you get a curse in a room, search it as normal, don't accept the gifts (it gives you them anyway). Close your game using the home button as normal. Double click on the home button and it brings up your apps at the bottom of the screen. Press on the mm app and it will wobble and there will be a minus button in the top right hand corner. Press the minus button and it closes the app completely. When you reopen it the curse will still be in the room. It is explained in a bit more detail on the link 'how to keep a phenomenon in the room' it works for any of them. If your not sure try it on one of your
    other apps before. Without wishing to teach you to suck eggs don't press down on the mm app when it's on the large screen or you will delete it. Very Happy
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 am

Thank you! gonna give it a try. Got curses in bathroom, kitchen and living room. I hate this quest!!!
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 am

Thank you! gonna give it a try. Got curses in bathroom, kitchen and living room. I hate this quest!!!
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 am

Rosie Hallahan wrote:Trailer trash, when you get a curse in a room, search it as normal, don't accept the gifts (it gives you them anyway). Close your game using the home button as normal. Double click on the home button and it brings up your apps at the bottom of the screen. Press on the mm app and it will wobble and there will be a minus button in the top right hand corner. Press the minus button and it closes the app completely. When you reopen it the curse will still be in the room. It is explained in a bit more detail on the link 'how to keep a phenomenon in the room' it works for any of them. If your not sure try it on one of your
    other apps before. Without wishing to teach you to suck eggs don't press down on the mm app when it's on the large screen or you will delete it. Very Happy

Yes!!!! This works!
    Rosie Hallahan

Post  Rosie Hallahan Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 am

You will start losing the will to live and all the feeling in one hand, but you'll get there eventually lol
    Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash

Post  Trailer Trash Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 am

Rosie Hallahan wrote:You will start losing the will to live and all the feeling in one hand, but you'll get there eventually lol

It really is tedious!!! getting there slowly though

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am