Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Boycott MM

    Share

    Lorias71

    Posts : 14
    Points : 1588
    Reputation : -13
    Join date : 2012-08-04

    Boycott MM

    Post  Lorias71 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm

    I now can't tolerate the new updates! Ihad so much fun multi gifting even more then playing the game. You are only able to send 10 collections items no matter how many friends you have! They have cut the friend/ gift codes. They have made it a long process just to get your gifts! I propose a strike! I think we should ban MM on Mon. August 13. Just say yes!! I will be contacting MM myself letting them know! Please pass this along!! I will continue posting on here if I hear anything from MM! I may or may not be returning to the game! scratch

    They want our $ and that's what it boils down too!

    WROTE the letter to MM. We will have to see if they get back to me! I will keep everyone update here! Thanks for the support!

    Reading through the post Jill made a very good point! Everyone needs to go to app store and give them a 1 star rating!

    If you haven't been on mm Facebook go now! I would love to be 1 of the 15 to talk with MM. Someone said who ever started the boycott, other people where evolved but I diffenitly wrote the letter and started this thread! Lol

    Go to Facebook and cast your vote! Exclamation


    Last edited by Lorias71 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am; edited 9 times in total

    Kristi927

    Posts : 63
    Points : 1658
    Reputation : -29
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Location : Kansas
    MM Name : Kristi

    I agree

    Post  Kristi927 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:14 pm

    I hate begging friends for gifts and using diamonds to drop my counter just to help my friends out. I am a lvl 176 and am just tired of this!

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2093
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  LaVentosa on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:55 pm

    There are lots more that want to keep playing the old version in the "unite" thread here

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Guest on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 pm

    It's likely that once I finish the island...I'll be done completely.

    silvi

    Posts : 3
    Points : 1617
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-04
    Age : 50
    Location : Italy
    Friend Code : 1e5bdb
    MM Name : Silvi

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  silvi on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 am

    GI is forcing people to update i have friends that are receving message in their old manor... if they don't update they can't go on playing!! It's an evidence that they can't detect who is multi gifting, and that they can stop it only with the update!

    loring

    Posts : 12
    Points : 1705
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-04-17
    Age : 50
    Location : Scotland

    Count me in

    Post  loring on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:19 am

    Hi

    Just want to say count me in for the strike tomorrow!

    If this is the only form of protest available then I sure won't be missing the opportunity!

    Lo

    QueenVictoria

    Posts : 415
    Points : 2097
    Reputation : -154
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    MM Name : Queen Victoria

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  QueenVictoria on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:51 am

    I say Yes!
    Will ask my friends to boycott as well Smile

    Misato

    Posts : 20
    Points : 1633
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-07-08
    Age : 43
    Location : Texas
    Friend Code : 776936

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Misato on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm

    Count me in! Smile

    jill4444

    Posts : 62
    Points : 1721
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Location : US
    Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  jill4444 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:28 pm

    I'm in! Also might be a good idea to leave a 1 star rating (you can't give 0 stars) as well as review in app store.

    Happy boycotting!

    Gator5cat

    Posts : 16
    Points : 1615
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-07-25
    Location : Kentucky, US
    MM Name : Gator5cat

    Boycott

    Post  Gator5cat on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 pm

    I just found out about it from QV. Is there a certain time? She started already so I did too but technically it's only Sunday the 12th, 2pm here. sorry if this a silly question ;-)

    jill4444

    Posts : 62
    Points : 1721
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Location : US
    Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  jill4444 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:58 pm

    Gator5cat wrote:I just found out about it from QV. Is there a certain time? She started already so I did too but technically it's only Sunday the 12th, 2pm here. sorry if this a silly question ;-)

    It's Sunday the 12th for me too. I'm boycotting at least today & tomorrow.

    Gator5cat

    Posts : 16
    Points : 1615
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-07-25
    Location : Kentucky, US
    MM Name : Gator5cat

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Gator5cat on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:15 pm

    Thank you :-) I'll have time to just catch up on all the news/gossip on all the threads then..lol

    gemfinder

    Posts : 82
    Points : 1802
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-07-09

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  gemfinder on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm

    It's a great idea and I will join in from bedtime tonight however what are we trying to achieve? Will GI even notice?

    As Jill has said, please can everyone who strikes post a one-star review on the app store as that is what will make GI sit up and listen. Otherwise, all we will be doing is easing the strain on their servers for 24 hours (or longer due to time zones and in that respect, I don't think it matters about coordination). Perhaps we should all be encouraging the one-star reviews as well as the strike when canvassing our friends' walls?

    The negative reviews are being applied as I've now seen mine (inspiral carpet). But there are only 65 in total and not all those are bad. And yes, I know they don't take for 24 hours but even so, there are still too few.

    Words speak louder than inaction to bastardise a popular cliche!

    Just my opinion Smile

    jill4444

    Posts : 62
    Points : 1721
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-01
    Location : US
    Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  jill4444 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 pm

    gemfinder wrote:It's a great idea and I will join in from bedtime tonight however what are we trying to achieve? Will GI even notice?

    As Jill has said, please can everyone who strikes post a one-star review on the app store as that is what will make GI sit up and listen. Otherwise, all we will be doing is easing the strain on their servers for 24 hours (or longer due to time zones and in that respect, I don't think it matters about coordination). Perhaps we should all be encouraging the one-star reviews as well as the strike when canvassing our friends' walls?

    The negative reviews are being applied as I've now seen mine (inspiral carpet). But there are only 65 in total and not all those are bad. And yes, I know they don't take for 24 hours but even so, there are still too few.

    Words speak louder than inaction to bastardise a popular cliche!

    Just my opinion Smile

    Hey Jeff!

    I asked the same questions - what are we trying to accomplish? Are we going back to the game even if they don't make any changes for us? Haven't really gotten any concrete answers but have decided to participate out of pure frustration. What used to be such a fun game is now outrageously expensive in terms of money or time. I love this game, but cannot afford to continue playing it in its current state. I want to play a game that I can actually progress in without spending hours on end each day just trying to send & receive gifts. Such a shame - have met so many nice people thru this game...hoping the poor ratings & reviews get GI's attention.

    BittyBrain

    Posts : 44
    Points : 1759
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Friend Code : 8a7695
    MM Name : BittyBrain

    ratings

    Post  BittyBrain on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 pm

    A couple of things i noticed in the iTunes store:

    Overall rating is down to 2.5. There are now 244 1-star ratings. However, many higher ratings still show up in the default "most helpful" category. So in addition to giving MM only 1-star, you can upgrade other 1-star ratings to most helpful and downgrade higher ratings.

    Also noticed that MM is still #3 in the top grossing apps. Sad

    I actually don't have any choice but to boycott (iPad is offline for awhile), but I would anyway!

    gemfinder

    Posts : 82
    Points : 1802
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-07-09

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  gemfinder on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:53 pm

    jill4444 wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:It's a great idea and I will join in from bedtime tonight however what are we trying to achieve? Will GI even notice?

    As Jill has said, please can everyone who strikes post a one-star review on the app store as that is what will make GI sit up and listen. Otherwise, all we will be doing is easing the strain on their servers for 24 hours (or longer due to time zones and in that respect, I don't think it matters about coordination). Perhaps we should all be encouraging the one-star reviews as well as the strike when canvassing our friends' walls?

    The negative reviews are being applied as I've now seen mine (inspiral carpet). But there are only 65 in total and not all those are bad. And yes, I know they don't take for 24 hours but even so, there are still too few.

    Words speak louder than inaction to bastardise a popular cliche!

    Just my opinion Smile

    Hey Jeff!

    I asked the same questions - what are we trying to accomplish? Are we going back to the game even if they don't make any changes for us? Haven't really gotten any concrete answers but have decided to participate out of pure frustration. What used to be such a fun game is now outrageously expensive in terms of money or time. I love this game, but cannot afford to continue playing it in its current state. I want to play a game that I can actually progress in without spending hours on end each day just trying to send & receive gifts. Such a shame - have met so many nice people thru this game...hoping the poor ratings & reviews get GI's attention.

    Agree totally Jill

    In my career, I've taught negotiation techniques and lead negotiations for Companies versus Trades Unions on several occasions and I loved it when those bodies didn't really know what they were trying to achieve. The ball is rolling though and let's face it, this isn't about people's jobs or pay packages, it's merely frustrations about a game.

    The golden rule of negotiating is to only do so if one has to. I honestly think that GI has little to lose by doing nothing so we are really just letting off steam.

    Think it's a case of wait and see. We may all go cold turkey and have to sneak back on! We may also realise that there is a lot more to life than finding bits of metal and like you, the game is now more about social interaction and this place is great for that so do we need GI?

    I've also re-opened my ticket raised about the services tab since I do not appreciate being lied to. I was told it was a bug and would be fixed however the Facebook page suggests otherwise. Their response will dictate my continued use of MM.

    S13lilac

    Posts : 2
    Points : 1734
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-08

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  S13lilac on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 pm

    BittyBrain wrote:A couple of things i noticed in the iTunes store:

    Overall rating is down to 2.5. There are now 244 1-star ratings. However, many higher ratings still show up in the default "most helpful" category. So in addition to giving MM only 1-star, you can upgrade other 1-star ratings to most helpful and downgrade higher ratings.

    Also noticed that MM is still #3 in the top grossing apps. Sad

    I actually don't have any choice but to boycott (iPad is offline for awhile), but I would anyway!


    How are we able to change the helpful ratings in the app store? I'd love to make some lower rating post more helpful, but don't know how.

    Misato

    Posts : 20
    Points : 1633
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-07-08
    Age : 43
    Location : Texas
    Friend Code : 776936

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Misato on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:00 pm

    A one day boycott might not even be noticed by them, but it could be the first step for us in terms of forming a plan.

    Another thing I am doing is refusing to spend any more money on the game. If everyone stops using their credit card they will surely notice.

    BittyBrain

    Posts : 44
    Points : 1759
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Friend Code : 8a7695
    MM Name : BittyBrain

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  BittyBrain on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

    S13lilac wrote:
    BittyBrain wrote:A couple of things i noticed in the iTunes store:

    Overall rating is down to 2.5. There are now 244 1-star ratings. However, many higher ratings still show up in the default "most helpful" category. So in addition to giving MM only 1-star, you can upgrade other 1-star ratings to most helpful and downgrade higher ratings.

    Also noticed that MM is still #3 in the top grossing apps. Sad

    I actually don't have any choice but to boycott (iPad is offline for awhile), but I would anyway!


    How are we able to change the helpful ratings in the app store? I'd love to make some lower rating post more helpful, but don't know how.

    At the bottom of each comment/rating, there's a question on the right side that asks if the review was helpful and you can click on yes or no.

    S13lilac

    Posts : 2
    Points : 1734
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-08

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  S13lilac on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:19 pm

    BittyBrain wrote:
    S13lilac wrote:
    BittyBrain wrote:A couple of things i noticed in the iTunes store:

    Overall rating is down to 2.5. There are now 244 1-star ratings. However, many higher ratings still show up in the default "most helpful" category. So in addition to giving MM only 1-star, you can upgrade other 1-star ratings to most helpful and downgrade higher ratings.

    Also noticed that MM is still #3 in the top grossing apps. Sad

    I actually don't have any choice but to boycott (iPad is offline for awhile), but I would anyway!


    How are we able to change the helpful ratings in the app store? I'd love to make some lower rating post more helpful, but don't know how.

    At the bottom of each comment/rating, there's a question on the right side that asks if the review was helpful and you can click on yes or no.


    Hmm, not seeing that on my ipad2. I just have a line separating all the comments and sometimes a "more button" if it doesn't all show up, but no yes or no button.

    mlle. scarlett

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1809
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-05-24
    Location : seattle
    MM Name : miss scarlett

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  mlle. scarlett on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm

    I will post a one star review tomorrow in support of the boycotters, and have already vowed not to send another nickel to GI unless major changes are made.

    Taz

    Posts : 5
    Points : 1598
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-30
    Location : Australia
    MM Name : Taz

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Taz on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

    Ha! Count me in! Evil or Very Mad This game isn't really a game anymore since they're get rid all the fun stuff and i meant, come on,what's the purpose for them to create a game other than to make people have some fun???

    bmcswnav

    Posts : 7
    Points : 1678
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-05-12
    Location : Texas
    Friend Code : 44ec8e
    MM Name : Robin

    Im Boycotting Too

    Post  bmcswnav on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:55 pm

    I'm boycotting too, I just turned my iPad off and will not use MMHA again until I get off work on Tuesday. I am never spending money in there either. I would rather pay for the app than to be nipped at constantly. If anyone is looking for Robin, she is offline.

    sunnyind

    Posts : 48
    Points : 1713
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-18
    Location : Edison, NJ
    Friend Code : 139aae
    MM Name : sunnyind

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  sunnyind on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 pm

    I am in, I will boycott the game. I have already rated this game to one star after last update.

    Rthurits

    Posts : 11
    Points : 1615
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-07-15
    Friend Code : 5caf00

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Rthurits on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:08 pm

    bmcswnav wrote:I'm boycotting too, I just turned my iPad off and will not use MMHA again until I get off work on Tuesday. I am never spending money in there either. I would rather pay for the app than to be nipped at constantly. If anyone is looking for Robin, she is offline.

    I am not going to turn my ipad off, I am going to let the game gain energy. Smile


    Sponsored content

    Re: Boycott MM

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:12 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:12 am