MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+2
IsabellaBeckett
gailg
6 posters

Change vote to yes

gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Change vote to yes Empty Change vote to yes

Post  gailg Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:52 am

I have just posted this on their FB page. In my own defense i changed my vote to yes within 10 seconds of voting no.

As a long time player I failed to see why GI was dictating that we solve our issues with a conference call rather than look at the issues posted here. But then I saw that they had decided to hold a poll after the 15 were ready and raring to go! Smugly telling us that the conference was not wanted they cancelled it and now refuse to do absolutely anything! Okay I was WRONG!! Not often I am, but this time I am. I urge everybody to change their vote to YES. I am going to convince my group to change their vote and ask others to do it too. I thought that they would address the problems without a conference but I was WRONG! Please change your vote to yes and rate one star. Do not delete!

I was annoyed at them trying to choose on their own terms how they wanted to address the issues that everyone had. But then i realized when I saw the poll that they would manage to wriggle out of it, because WE didnt want it. What also strikes me now is that like the one star rating, the boycott that is still making gaming world news, a change to the poll that is their middle finger to us would be another slap in the face to them.
    IsabellaBeckett

Change vote to yes Empty Vote No!!

Post  IsabellaBeckett Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 am

While I understand Gail's frustration, a 15 person conference call is not he answer and is a really odd way for GI to handle thousands of disgruntled customers.

I am not sure what their next move is right now, but I assure you that there are three things we can do to show them that we absolutely intend to still hold them accountable:

1. Rate the game 1 star everyday and continue to repost your scathing review. AND TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TO DO IT TOO

2. Continue to boycott all purchases AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO DO IT TOO. They have dropped from #2 to #24 on the Top Grossing App list. I assure you there are some high level meetings at GI right now where they are discussing this free-fall but we should and need to do better.

3. Join the letter writing campaign. We, as customers, have a lot to say and people are listening. Three articles in the first 24 hours of this campaign is not bad at all. We have already gotten them to stop censoring their Facebook page (although many of us are still banned - I am working on that one folks) and I assure you that this very public fiasco is more than a nuisance, it is an embarrassment to them!

These combined things will force GI to address the issues. A conference call with 15 customers that do not represent us (they simply don't. And that is clear by the current vote tally as well), which GI wanted in the first place (it was their idea so they could drag this whole thing out) simply further dilutes what should be a very simple and straightforward argument on our part:

"Fix the unstable platform and return the friend codes because the Apple rule that you are referencing has nothing to do with this function."

Please vote NO for the conference call, which I assure you is a moot point at this point anyways, and focus your efforts on the 1-2-3 that I have suggested above.
    Avis
    Avis

Friend Code : f9ddb2
    MM Name : Avis

Change vote to yes Empty Re: Change vote to yes

Post  Avis Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

At least with the call GI would have been forced to answer some of our concerns, and nothing would have been binding it was just a dialogue that the people involved said they would record and make available to everyone. By voting no all that has been achieved is that we are back to square one where we complain and GI fudge it and tell us not to worry that a new update is coming soon! And we all know how good the updates are and how they solve all the issues!!
    gailg

Change vote to yes Empty why we should have voted yes and now it's too late

Post  gailg Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Avis wrote:At least with the call GI would have been forced to answer some of our concerns, and nothing would have been binding it was just a dialogue that the people involved said they would record and make available to everyone. By voting no all that has been achieved is that we are back to square one where we complain and GI fudge it and tell us not to worry that a new update is coming soon! And we all know how good the updates are and how they solve all the issues!!

That's it exactly. At first I thought if we said no to the call that they would have to address the issues publicly and not by conference, but now as I keep saying over and over again, they have used the poll to wiggle out of doing anything. The boycott forced them to make the conference call offer and I bet they were pleased enough to drop it. But now? 3 days later and nothing! We could have had the call and either rejected or worked on the solutions, but now there is nothing. And I just know someone is going to say that this is a moot point blah blah but we CAN talk about it. It doesn't stop us from rating one star or anything like that but seriously, NOW WHAT?? No call, no solutions, just days ticking past.
    Ms scarlet

Post  Ms scarlet Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm

We could have never predicted they would use the poll to completely manipulate the situation...once again they got us! I assumed that no call would mean all the "answers" they had for us would be posted fairly quickly after the cancellation as they stated, all info would be then posted on FB....but they twisted it interpret we didn't want communication?

Well said Gail, We all have the option to change our votes and minds as the situation dictates...

seems a PR Rep from SF has miraculously emerged???? Can hardly wait to hear the dribble...

gailg

Change vote to yes Empty Thanks

Post  gailg Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Ms scarlet wrote:We could have never predicted they would use the poll to completely manipulate the situation...once again they got us! I assumed that no call would mean all the "answers" they had for us would be posted fairly quickly after the cancellation as they stated, all info would be then posted on FB....but they twisted it interpret we didn't want communication?

Well said Gail, We all have the option to change our votes and minds as the situation dictates...

seems a PR Rep from SF has miraculously emerged???? Can hardly wait to hear the dribble...

Yes. That's it. You would expect that NO meant they would have to address all of us on FB instead of by call but they have taken NO to shut down all communication. And yes JOHN from the SF office has come out if the closet. Isn't it funny that in 8 months there has never been any mention of a USA branch?
    MMaddict
    MMaddict

Post  MMaddict Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:54 pm

He's been locked in his manor and couldn't get out! And he hadn't been updated!

Last edited by MMaddict on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    liasel

Post  liasel Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 pm

GI give us a chance to talk and we shouldnt miss this opportunity. Gail is absolutely right !!!I voted YES for the conference call and gave MM 1 star rating on app store.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm