Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    New update

    Share

    brenda(Doglover)

    Posts : 53
    Points : 1683
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 45
    Location : Rhode Island
    MM Name : brenda

    Re: New update

    Post  brenda(Doglover) on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 am

    SJ wrote:
    Doglover wrote:As for this supposed to having been a technical update to fix stability, I see nothing new and in fact it's a little worse for me then it was. I'm still crashing quite a bit and after I charged a couple of collections and it crashed, when I went back in, a couple of the collections showed charged but the rewards were gone from my inventory. Still crashes when trying to reply from the wall after searching rooms for awhile. Also crashes if I scroll too fast through the collections. Not impressed by any means....




    I'm on iPad1 and crash when I scroll collections, but I have found a method that is still sh1t, but helps about 70% Smile

    You say it happens wheyou scroll too fast, but what I've found is that if I'm scrolling normal/fast....then I crash. But if I scroll superfast, it helps.

    I think what I'm trying to say is if you scroll at a speed where all the collection pictures are trying to load, it causes a data surge, so I just go faster.

    Say I want collection 83, I watch the collection numbers top left, scrollscrollscrollscroll.......then stop when the number gets to 'about' 83.

    Then WAIT (with twitchy bum lol) for the snatchins to start moving again before you touch anything else!!!!! Then go ahead.




    Crazy isn't it the methods we have to employ. I think I still have the original email from GI somewhere where they told me outright that iPad 1 is not technically capable of the game. Kinda wish they'd said something BEFORE I gave over my credit card Wink

    Interesting, I will try that method! I can't BELIEVE they said that about the iPad 1!!!!!!! Just another example of how shady this company is. I will NOT buy a new iPad just to be able to play the game properly.... I. Will. Not..... Where's the best deal on iPads....? bounce

    SJ

    Posts : 68
    Points : 1807
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-03-19

    Re: New update

    Post  SJ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 am



    Interesting, I will try that method! I can't BELIEVE they said that about the iPad 1!!!!!!! Just another example of how shady this company is. I will NOT buy a new iPad just to be able to play the game properly.... I. Will. Not..... Where's the best deal on iPads....? bounce [/quote]



    OMG you are right! You know every other game I had worked perfectly well on ipad1, you just made me realise my primary reason for buying the iPad 3 was for Mystery Manor.

    So on top of the $500 dollars I spent (before I knew any better) on diamonds, add to that a 64 GB 3G iPad 3.

    Boy this free game really smacked my arse!!

    Dan T

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1570
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    MM Name : Dan

    Re: New update

    Post  Dan T on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am

    The one big difference I noted is that you can no longer cancel a gift you are sending......the cancel button is gone. Gameplay is much quicker it seems.

    brenda(Doglover)

    Posts : 53
    Points : 1683
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 45
    Location : Rhode Island
    MM Name : brenda

    Re: New update

    Post  brenda(Doglover) on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:14 am



    OMG you are right! You know every other game I had worked perfectly well on ipad1, you just made me realise my primary reason for buying the iPad 3 was for Mystery Manor.

    So on top of the $500 dollars I spent (before I knew any better) on diamonds, add to that a 64 GB 3G iPad 3.

    Boy this free game really smacked my arse!![/quote]

    OMG, I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything because it would've come right out my nose! I think GI has instituted some kind of mental crack inside this game that makes us all do crazy stuff. It's not until we don't have have access to the game (like yesterday) that the fog lifts and we realize what's happening. drunken

    LizzyOne

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1601
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: New update

    Post  LizzyOne on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm

    SJ wrote:
    Doglover wrote:As for this supposed to having been a technical update to fix stability, I see nothing new and in fact it's a little worse for me then it was. I'm still crashing quite a bit and after I charged a couple of collections and it crashed, when I went back in, a couple of the collections showed charged but the rewards were gone from my inventory. Still crashes when trying to reply from the wall after searching rooms for awhile. Also crashes if I scroll too fast through the collections. Not impressed by any means....




    I'm on iPad1 and crash when I scroll collections, but I have found a method that is still sh1t, but helps about 70% Smile

    You say it happens wheyou scroll too fast, but what I've found is that if I'm scrolling normal/fast....then I crash. But if I scroll superfast, it helps.

    I think what I'm trying to say is if you scroll at a speed where all the collection pictures are trying to load, it causes a data surge, so I just go faster.

    Say I want collection 83, I watch the collection numbers top left, scrollscrollscrollscroll.......then stop when the number gets to 'about' 83.

    Then WAIT (with twitchy bum lol) for the snatchins to start moving again before you touch anything else!!!!! Then go ahead.




    Crazy isn't it the methods we have to employ. I think I still have the original email from GI somewhere where they told me outright that iPad 1 is not technically capable of the game. Kinda wish they'd said something BEFORE I gave over my credit card Wink


    I if want to check my collections, I go to the room the item is from and in stead onfexploring it, I go to the collection the object is from, right from there. There is no scrolling involved that way. That is just a short cut. My game has rarely ever crashed (ipad2). Can't do this at anyone else's manor, though. There, I have to scroll through the collections if I'm checking inventory to see if it's ok to ask for something from a friend.

    I take that back...my iPad would try to crash after wall gifting. The screen would freeze and I'd walk away and do something else and about 5 minutes later it would unfreeze and then I'd get a great big Ty from the gift recipient :-). Not happening since the update :-(((. They have made the game even more restricted...

    Dan T

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1570
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    MM Name : Dan

    Re: New update

    Post  Dan T on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm

    I found another change that I'm liking pretty well. On my friends list, it puts all those friends who havent updated at the end of the list. I don't believe it did that before and I really like that idea.

    CheezerWhizzer

    Posts : 100
    Points : 1840
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-02

    Re: New update

    Post  CheezerWhizzer on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am

    The friends list change is a good one and it came out with the update prior to this one. I've decided that one week after the September update, all non-updaters are getting deleted. I'm still getting wall requests from most of them, but I'm unable to visit, use up my strength or eat up their snatchins. I'd rather have friends who are playing the same game that I am.

    brenda(Doglover)

    Posts : 53
    Points : 1683
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 45
    Location : Rhode Island
    MM Name : brenda

    Re: New update

    Post  brenda(Doglover) on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 am

    CheezerWhizzer wrote:The friends list change is a good one and it came out with the update prior to this one. I've decided that one week after the September update, all non-updaters are getting deleted. I'm still getting wall requests from most of them, but I'm unable to visit, use up my strength or eat up their snatchins. I'd rather have friends who are playing the same game that I am.

    I agree wholeheartedly! I almost deleted a few yesterday but decided to wait until after the Sept update. At that point, if they haven't updated, I don't need them clogging up my list.

    WaccaWacca!

    Posts : 42
    Points : 1654
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-07-23
    Location : Wisconsin
    Friend Code : e31e3e
    MM Name : WaccaWacca

    iPad 2 crashed

    Post  WaccaWacca! on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

    I have an iPad2 and never crashed before...until this update. I have crashed three times. Now I know that is NOTHING in comparison to the iPad1 players...but I just thought I would point out that now the iPad2 players are crashing! Nice technical update!! affraid

    Welsh Wonder

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1571
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-19
    Location : Uk
    MM Name : Noni

    Adding friends

    Post  Welsh Wonder on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:07 pm

    after this update i am able to add friends every so often and have successfully added friends but have received no diamonds - is there a way round this? Am I doing something wrong? Sad

    brenda(Doglover)

    Posts : 53
    Points : 1683
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 45
    Location : Rhode Island
    MM Name : brenda

    Re: New update

    Post  brenda(Doglover) on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

    Welsh Wonder wrote:after this update i am able to add friends every so often and have successfully added friends but have received no diamonds - is there a way round this? Am I doing something wrong? Sad

    You will not get diamonds anymore for adding friends. the fact that you can even add friends is a miracle. Too many people over used the synthesizer and now there will be a limit on how many you can add each day (from what I understand) and no more free diamonds.

    Welsh Wonder

    Posts : 4
    Points : 1571
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-19
    Location : Uk
    MM Name : Noni

    Re: New update

    Post  Welsh Wonder on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm

    That's pans!
    Thanks for your help tho'
    Very Happy

    Anita2606

    Posts : 8
    Points : 1639
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 40
    Location : Barcelona
    MM Name : Ana

    Re: New update

    Post  Anita2606 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:28 am

    Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

    JenMomma5476

    Posts : 52
    Points : 1751
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-06-13
    Age : 44
    Location : Charlotte, NC
    MM Name : Mommy

    Re: New update

    Post  JenMomma5476 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 am

    Anita2606 wrote:Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

    Anita, have you explored a room since you updated? Doing so generally fixes this problem.

    Anita2606

    Posts : 8
    Points : 1639
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 40
    Location : Barcelona
    MM Name : Ana

    Re: New update

    Post  Anita2606 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

    JenMomma5476 wrote:
    Anita2606 wrote:Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

    Anita, have you explored a room since you updated? Doing so generally fixes this problem.

    Thanks for the info, I explored a lot yesterday (I even get level 100 cheers ) so I hope today everything is ok... I don't have Wifi now at home so I will check at work.

    Anita2606

    Posts : 8
    Points : 1639
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Age : 40
    Location : Barcelona
    MM Name : Ana

    Re: New update

    Post  Anita2606 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am

    Anita2606 wrote:
    JenMomma5476 wrote:
    Anita2606 wrote:Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

    Anita, have you explored a room since you updated? Doing so generally fixes this problem.

    Thanks for the info, I explored a lot yesterday (I even get level 100 cheers ) so I hope today everything is ok... I don't have Wifi now at home so I will check at work.

    Yessss!! it seems it work again cheers

    Sponsored content

    Re: New update

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:30 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:30 pm