MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+20
LizzyOne
Dan T
Mrsaka
Vovan23mvp
SJ
AdmN
brenda(Doglover)
MMaddict
CheezerWhizzer
Mselui
puertokelly
Savannah123
Dhisa
Shadowcat
A ipad
BittyBrain
Bettsy
welcome33
gemfinder
April 11
24 posters

New update

brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

New update - Page 2 Empty Re: New update

Post  brenda(Doglover) Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 am

SJ wrote:
    Doglover wrote:As for this supposed to having been a technical update to fix stability, I see nothing new and in fact it's a little worse for me then it was. I'm still crashing quite a bit and after I charged a couple of collections and it crashed, when I went back in, a couple of the collections showed charged but the rewards were gone from my inventory. Still crashes when trying to reply from the wall after searching rooms for awhile. Also crashes if I scroll too fast through the collections. Not impressed by any means....

I'm on iPad1 and crash when I scroll collections, but I have found a method that is still sh1t, but helps about 70% Smile

You say it happens wheyou scroll too fast, but what I've found is that if I'm scrolling normal/fast....then I crash. But if I scroll superfast, it helps.

I think what I'm trying to say is if you scroll at a speed where all the collection pictures are trying to load, it causes a data surge, so I just go faster.

Say I want collection 83, I watch the collection numbers top left, scrollscrollscrollscroll.......then stop when the number gets to 'about' 83.

Then WAIT (with twitchy bum lol) for the snatchins to start moving again before you touch anything else!!!!! Then go ahead.

Crazy isn't it the methods we have to employ. I think I still have the original email from GI somewhere where they told me outright that iPad 1 is not technically capable of the game. Kinda wish they'd said something BEFORE I gave over my credit card Wink

Interesting, I will try that method! I can't BELIEVE they said that about the iPad 1!!!!!!! Just another example of how shady this company is. I will NOT buy a new iPad just to be able to play the game properly.... I. Will. Not..... Where's the best deal on iPads....? bounce
    SJ
    SJ

Post  SJ Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 am

Interesting, I will try that method! I can't BELIEVE they said that about the iPad 1!!!!!!! Just another example of how shady this company is. I will NOT buy a new iPad just to be able to play the game properly.... I. Will. Not..... Where's the best deal on iPads....? bounce [/quote]

OMG you are right! You know every other game I had worked perfectly well on ipad1, you just made me realise my primary reason for buying the iPad 3 was for Mystery Manor.

So on top of the $500 dollars I spent (before I knew any better) on diamonds, add to that a 64 GB 3G iPad 3.

Boy this free game really smacked my arse!!
    Dan T

MM Name : Dan

Post  Dan T Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am

The one big difference I noted is that you can no longer cancel a gift you are sending......the cancel button is gone. Gameplay is much quicker it seems.
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

Post  brenda(Doglover) Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:14 am

OMG you are right! You know every other game I had worked perfectly well on ipad1, you just made me realise my primary reason for buying the iPad 3 was for Mystery Manor.

So on top of the $500 dollars I spent (before I knew any better) on diamonds, add to that a 64 GB 3G iPad 3.

Boy this free game really smacked my arse!![/quote]

OMG, I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything because it would've come right out my nose! I think GI has instituted some kind of mental crack inside this game that makes us all do crazy stuff. It's not until we don't have have access to the game (like yesterday) that the fog lifts and we realize what's happening. drunken
    LizzyOne
    LizzyOne

Post  LizzyOne Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm

SJ wrote:
    Doglover wrote:As for this supposed to having been a technical update to fix stability, I see nothing new and in fact it's a little worse for me then it was. I'm still crashing quite a bit and after I charged a couple of collections and it crashed, when I went back in, a couple of the collections showed charged but the rewards were gone from my inventory. Still crashes when trying to reply from the wall after searching rooms for awhile. Also crashes if I scroll too fast through the collections. Not impressed by any means....

I'm on iPad1 and crash when I scroll collections, but I have found a method that is still sh1t, but helps about 70% Smile

You say it happens wheyou scroll too fast, but what I've found is that if I'm scrolling normal/fast....then I crash. But if I scroll superfast, it helps.

I think what I'm trying to say is if you scroll at a speed where all the collection pictures are trying to load, it causes a data surge, so I just go faster.

Say I want collection 83, I watch the collection numbers top left, scrollscrollscrollscroll.......then stop when the number gets to 'about' 83.

Then WAIT (with twitchy bum lol) for the snatchins to start moving again before you touch anything else!!!!! Then go ahead.

Crazy isn't it the methods we have to employ. I think I still have the original email from GI somewhere where they told me outright that iPad 1 is not technically capable of the game. Kinda wish they'd said something BEFORE I gave over my credit card Wink

I if want to check my collections, I go to the room the item is from and in stead onfexploring it, I go to the collection the object is from, right from there. There is no scrolling involved that way. That is just a short cut. My game has rarely ever crashed (ipad2). Can't do this at anyone else's manor, though. There, I have to scroll through the collections if I'm checking inventory to see if it's ok to ask for something from a friend.

I take that back...my iPad would try to crash after wall gifting. The screen would freeze and I'd walk away and do something else and about 5 minutes later it would unfreeze and then I'd get a great big Ty from the gift recipient :-). Not happening since the update :-(((. They have made the game even more restricted...
    Dan T

MM Name : Dan

Post  Dan T Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm

I found another change that I'm liking pretty well. On my friends list, it puts all those friends who havent updated at the end of the list. I don't believe it did that before and I really like that idea.
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am

The friends list change is a good one and it came out with the update prior to this one. I've decided that one week after the September update, all non-updaters are getting deleted. I'm still getting wall requests from most of them, but I'm unable to visit, use up my strength or eat up their snatchins. I'd rather have friends who are playing the same game that I am.
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

Post  brenda(Doglover) Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 am

CheezerWhizzer wrote:The friends list change is a good one and it came out with the update prior to this one. I've decided that one week after the September update, all non-updaters are getting deleted. I'm still getting wall requests from most of them, but I'm unable to visit, use up my strength or eat up their snatchins. I'd rather have friends who are playing the same game that I am.

I agree wholeheartedly! I almost deleted a few yesterday but decided to wait until after the Sept update. At that point, if they haven't updated, I don't need them clogging up my list.
    WaccaWacca!
    WaccaWacca!

Friend Code : e31e3e
    MM Name : WaccaWacca

New update - Page 2 Empty iPad 2 crashed

Post  WaccaWacca! Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

I have an iPad2 and never crashed before...until this update. I have crashed three times. Now I know that is NOTHING in comparison to the iPad1 players...but I just thought I would point out that now the iPad2 players are crashing! Nice technical update!! affraid
    Welsh Wonder

MM Name : Noni

New update - Page 2 Empty Adding friends

Post  Welsh Wonder Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:07 pm

after this update i am able to add friends every so often and have successfully added friends but have received no diamonds - is there a way round this? Am I doing something wrong? Sad
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

Post  brenda(Doglover) Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Welsh Wonder wrote:after this update i am able to add friends every so often and have successfully added friends but have received no diamonds - is there a way round this? Am I doing something wrong? Sad

You will not get diamonds anymore for adding friends. the fact that you can even add friends is a miracle. Too many people over used the synthesizer and now there will be a limit on how many you can add each day (from what I understand) and no more free diamonds.
    Welsh Wonder

MM Name : Noni

Post  Welsh Wonder Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm

That's pans!
    Thanks for your help tho'
    Very Happy
    Anita2606
    Anita2606

MM Name : Ana

Post  Anita2606 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:28 am

Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad
    JenMomma5476

MM Name : Mommy

Post  JenMomma5476 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 am

Anita2606 wrote:Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

Anita, have you explored a room since you updated? Doing so generally fixes this problem.
    Anita2606
    Anita2606

Post  Anita2606 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

JenMomma5476 wrote:
    Anita2606 wrote:Since my last update my friends cannot visit me anymore since it sais I' m not updated Crying or Very sad

Anita, have you explored a room since you updated? Doing so generally fixes this problem.

Thanks for the info, I explored a lot yesterday (I even get level 100 cheers ) so I hope today everything is ok... I don't have Wifi now at home so I will check at work.
    Anita2606
    Anita2606

Post  Anita2606 Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am

Anita2606 wrote:
    JenMomma5476 wrote:

Thanks for the info, I explored a lot yesterday (I even get level 100 cheers ) so I hope today everything is ok... I don't have Wifi now at home so I will check at work.

Yessss!! it seems it work again cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm