Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Helpers?....

    Share

    Chickenchick111

    Posts : 156
    Points : 1827
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-07-09
    Age : 28

    Helpers?....

    Post  Chickenchick111 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 am

    Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is any system or method to the helpers you have? I have three explorer, two scientist and ten bankers. Last week I deleted an 'annoying' helper which was a scientist and it was replaced by a banker. Is there any way to get more scientists or explorers? Does deleting people help? Or make no difference if it is just random? Cheers in advance Smile

    WaccaWacca!

    Posts : 42
    Points : 1654
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-07-23
    Location : Wisconsin
    Friend Code : e31e3e
    MM Name : WaccaWacca

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  WaccaWacca! on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:39 am

    Chickenchick111 wrote:Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is any system or method to the helpers you have? I have three explorer, two scientist and ten bankers. Last week I deleted an 'annoying' helper which was a scientist and it was replaced by a banker. Is there any way to get more scientists or explorers? Does deleting people help? Or make no difference if it is just random? Cheers in advance Smile


    I also deleted a bunch of people that hadn't updated in a long time....I am down to 9 helpers! I don't know how to get any helpers back! Does anyone know what I need to do?
    confused

    JenMomma5476

    Posts : 52
    Points : 1751
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-06-13
    Age : 44
    Location : Charlotte, NC
    MM Name : Mommy

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  JenMomma5476 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:06 am

    If you go to your list of friends where you ask them for items (not the list in the friends tab) you will see that the first 15 on your list are your helpers. If you delete one of your current helpers, the next person on that list will become a helper. You can visit them to see what type of helper they will be. The only way to get different types of helpers is by deleting the ones you currently have.

    After you delete someone, the next person on your list will be locked in one of the rooms of your manor. It is sometimes difficult to see the yellow exclamation point indicating this if a friend has tipped this room. Also, there is no indication if they are in the UFO, Ship, or island. My advice is to explore each room until you have all your helpers back.

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2179
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  ycul on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am

    I can try and explain it.

    Open your gift box tab. Select a gift, any gift, it doesn't matter as you're not really going to send it. You will be given a box that holds all your friends. These are all of your fiends in the order that you acquired them. The first 15 of those friends are your current helpers (The number of helpers in your manor depends on your current level) .

    If there are any helpers you want to get rid of you must delete that friend. There is no other way to change the helper or the order of your helpers. So if you have 15 helpers look for the 16th person on that list and that will be your next helper. And so on.

    If you want to see what your friends profession, level and other info are you can go to your friends tab find the name of the 1st friend/helper and click visit. When that first friend's manor shows up look on the bottom of the page for the scroll bar. The friend showing up in the right side box will be your 2nd friend/helper and so on. Until you get to the last friend you have acquired.


    I hope this made sense and has helped you!

    Cheers!

    Here are also some link to helper questions!



    http://www.mmuff.com/t184-requested-gifts-helpers-profession-unlock-rooms?highlight=helpers

    http://www.mmuff.com/t42-friends-helpers?highlight=helpers




    Last edited by ycul on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hi Jenmomma I always said we think alike! I was typing this at the the same time. Im slower though :) Its all those darned typos I make! :))

    Chickenchick111

    Posts : 156
    Points : 1827
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-07-09
    Age : 28

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Chickenchick111 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 am

    Hi and thank you very much for your replies guys. I just deleted a load of bankers, sorry, you're not useless but they hadn't ever gone up level from when I started so were long inactive. My friend list isn't spaced out as you say though, my helpers were all jumbled in the middle but once I found one and visited sure enough many of the others followed. Some didn't because they've not updated but I'd rather have an unupadated level 230 player as an explorer than a lev 30 banker. Sorry banker. I'd prefer scientist like myself to be the helpers as I find I can level up even at lev 130 by only exploring pirate brig ten times with poppy, elephant and helper. However for now, my ratio is balanced at 4 banker (good friends) and six explorer five scientist. Much better. Got rid of some inactive buddies too. Heck I'd waited three updates and still couldn't visit so see ya lol. Thanks again for your help Smile

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2179
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  ycul on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 am

    Oops I forgot that with the the update (last one, not current one.) The non updated players are grouped at the end! Sorry an oversight on my part! Embarassed

    JenMomma5476

    Posts : 52
    Points : 1751
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-06-13
    Age : 44
    Location : Charlotte, NC
    MM Name : Mommy

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  JenMomma5476 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am

    LOL ycul!

    We do think alike! Right down to forgetting about non-updated players Very Happy

    WaccaWacca!

    Posts : 42
    Points : 1654
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-07-23
    Location : Wisconsin
    Friend Code : e31e3e
    MM Name : WaccaWacca

    Thanks!

    Post  WaccaWacca! on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 pm

    Thanks for the info! sunny

    CathyG

    Posts : 25
    Points : 1674
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-06
    Age : 69
    Location : Northern California
    Friend Code : 9f27d1
    MM Name : cathy

    Re: Helpers

    Post  CathyG on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 am

    ycul wrote: I can try and explain it.

    Open your gift box tab. Select a gift, any gift, it doesn't matter as you're not really going to send it. You will be given a box that holds all your friends. These are all of your fiends in the order that you acquired them. The first 15 of those friends are your current helpers (The number of helpers in your manor depends on your current level) .

    If there are any helpers you want to get rid of you must delete that friend. There is no other way to change the helper or the order of your helpers. So if you have 15 helpers look for the 16th person on that list and that will be your next helper. And so on.

    If you want to see what your friends profession, level and other info are you can go to your friends tab find the name of the 1st friend/helper and click visit. When that first friend's manor shows up look on the bottom of the page for the scroll bar. The friend showing up in the right side box will be your 2nd friend/helper and so on. Until you get to the last friend you have acquired.

    I hope this made sense and has helped you!

    Cheers!

    Here are also some link to helper questions!




    http://www.mmuff.com/t184-requested-gifts-helpers-profession-unlock-rooms?highlight=helpers

    http://www.mmuff.com/t42-friends-helpers?highlight=helpers



    Thank you for that great information. I had no idea we could delete helpers. Very Happy


    Granny12

    Posts : 2
    Points : 1552
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-09-05
    Location : Ontario
    MM Name : Granny

    Helpers

    Post  Granny12 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm

    I am pretty new to this. If you don't mind me asking, what makes an annoying helper? I don't want to be one. How do I know if I am a helper?

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2179
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  ycul on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:46 pm

    CathyG wrote:


    Thank you for that great information. I had no idea we could delete helpers. Very Happy

    [/quote]

    You're quite welcome GathyG. glad I could help. <3

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2179
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  ycul on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:55 pm

    Granny12 wrote:I am pretty new to this. If you don't mind me asking, what makes an annoying helper? I don't want to be one. How do I know if I am a helper?

    Well bankers make annoying helpers. Im a banker and this is what we have been told. But really you can't annoy your boss if you level up fairly quickly and just do what your master asks of you. Which is virtually nothing! They choose you when they want your help in a manor. You do nothing. The only way to find yourself and see what manors you work in y is to scroll through your friends manor looking for yourself. If you do find yourself and you are sleeping my suggestion would be to wake your self up as fast as you can so you don't get caught sleeping on the job. (JK Smile)

    Cheers, Lucy

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2375
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Mbstr8k on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 pm

    ycul wrote:
    Granny12 wrote:I am pretty new to this. If you don't mind me asking, what makes an annoying helper? I don't want to be one. How do I know if I am a helper?

    Well bankers make annoying helpers. Im a banker and this is what we have been told. But really you can't annoy your boss if you level up fairly quickly and just do what your master asks of you. Which is virtually nothing! They choose you when they want your help in a manor. You do nothing. The only way to find yourself and see what manors you work in y is to scroll through your friends manor looking for yourself. If you do find yourself and you are sleeping my suggestion would be to wake your self up as fast as you can so you don't get caught sleeping on the job. (JK Smile)

    Cheers, Lucy

    I'll go one step further....an annoying helper can also be a friend that never gifts and only asks for things from you.

    Personally, I think bankers make great friends! You may never use them to help you in a room, but they sure can be a leader and keep your other helpers awake and on the job! I like to think of my banker helper as the foreman. Very Happy I regularly ask my banker helper to come wake the others please.

    I've deleted people of all occupations because they were "annoying"...never gifting, but always requesting...... Never tipping, but always asking,.....never waking up, but always asking.... You get the idea. Of course, if they don't level up and seem to be at full power always, they probably quit playing or play so infrequently they will never gift. Before deleting I always read a friend's wall. Sometimes they leave a message explaining why they aren't playing as frequently. That is why I always make sure I have my own personal message on my wall.

    By the way,, I found that even if your helper hasn't updated they still appear in the same order on your "request from a friend" gift list. Long ago I made a master list of all my friends as they appear on the list. I have crossed out friends on the way as I've deleted and add the new friends in order at the end of the list. Rarely, and thankfully, has there been any change of order.


    Chickenchick111

    Posts : 156
    Points : 1827
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-07-09
    Age : 28

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Chickenchick111 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm

    Hey you guys. My annoying helper was as mbstr8k said a git who did nothing other than write in very broken English on my wall 'make wl gift me' I just found manners a problem and on the six occassions I did send a collection item, I never got any thanks, regardless of language barrier that's rude, and I noted on three times I asked for even a charge item wall req I never got it and the one time I asked to trade instead of just give my item I was told no gifted out for day, no mention of I'll honour it after reset. I even told her I was deleting her as she was not a good friend. Figured I was being honest rather than just deleting without mentioning it. I have a group of good friends, ten to be exact who I give my items to each day, if they don't need something that day as we are all over lev hundred, I give it to a low lev player I'm 'coaching' lol, in fact mostly gifting has gone to lower lev players last few months but they're always polite and appreciative and tip when they can but I advise them to tip other Low lev ppl to keep the chain growing. If they've got strength left at the end of a visit shift then sure welcome to tip me etc. I just find rude people irritating. I love bankers and five of my ten gift friends are indeed bankers. I think banker is the new blonde....bankers just wanna have fun lol. I'm a scientist and think I struck friend gold with that lol. Good luck granny, you can add us if you'd like my code is 80f384

    •Vicki bans GI•

    Posts : 104
    Points : 1728
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-08-27
    Location : US
    Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  •Vicki bans GI• on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:17 pm

    I want to thank both, JenMomma and ycul, for giving such clear explanations of how to determine who your helpers are and who's next in line should you delete one.

    I have not one, not two, but THREE helpers who are no longer playing the game. They did not do the August upgrade and have not advanced at all. I wasn't sure what would happen if I deleted them. Thanks to the information in this thread, I have figured out who my new helpers will be once I delete the inactive ones which helped me to discover yet another inactive player who was in line for being a new helper. Interestingly, those four people are the only ones in my entire friends list that never upgraded. So I am now deleting them all and getting new helpers who are active players.

    As far as a person's occupation, I do not and will not ever hold that against a person since it was something they did not choose. Even if I'm hoping for a tip from a high level scientist or explorer and get one from a low level banker instead, I will happily accept that tip just as much as any other. To me, it truly is the thought that counts. That person gave me what they had to offer, and for that, I am thankful.


    Last edited by Complexity2 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

    Chickenchick111

    Posts : 156
    Points : 1827
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-07-09
    Age : 28

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Chickenchick111 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

    Well said complexity! I've still got two non playing helpers but they are very high level explorers and the next NINE people who would be my helpers are bankers so for the sake of balance I'll keep them in, I've got five bankers helping now instead of the ten I had to start with. I didn't ever realise we cold control them, thought that because gi hold bankers in a foolishly lower opinion that they'd adjusted gameplay so you had ten, then three scientist and two explorer. It was only after I visited friend who had ten explorer I realised there must be random method to it. Oddly though, my fifteen helpers were not my first fifteen added friends. Five or six were but the rest were bang in the middle of my list, mostly levelled under forty too. I'm glad we found this nugget, it's helpful. Might get admin to sticky it as I think most people would be interested to know they actually can select, as it were, their own helping hands Smile

    slycreations

    Posts : 76
    Points : 1673
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-08
    Location : Texas
    MM Name : slycreations

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  slycreations on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:17 pm

    Just found this thread -- thanks to all who posted. I've been afraid to delete some of my helpers, even though they quit playing the game. Now I know I can delete them and others will show up.

    Mamachris

    Posts : 24
    Points : 1621
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-07-26
    Location : Belgium
    Friend Code : 891b08
    MM Name : Mama

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Mamachris on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 am

    •Vicki• wrote:

    As far as a person's occupation, I do not and will not ever hold that against a person since it was something they did not choose. Even if I'm hoping for a tip from a high level scientist or explorer and get one from a low level banker instead, I will happily accept that tip just as much as any other. To me, it truly is the thought that counts. That person gave me what they had to offer, and for that, I am thankful.

    Nice words Vicki,I'm glad you're my MM friend. I'm a banker and most doesn't like us (not really us, but our tips)
    I'm always afraid people will delete us because of our profession.

    mamachris

    Sponsored content

    Re: Helpers?....

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:38 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:38 pm