How do tips and helpers affect the rewards when searching rooms? I understand how they work when only one is applied, but what about when you use two of them?
- What if you have a tip and helper of two different occupations?
- What if you have a tip and helper of the same occupation?
- How are these affected when charms are used? For example, using a Turtle of Luck with an Explorer tip and/or helper?
I have had numerous times in which I have used helpers with rooms that have tips, and the helpers do not appear to be used since they do not go to sleep afterwards.
Moreover, I've even had several times when I've just used the tips alone, and the very same person's tips are still there when I go to search the room again. I've had this happen at least 3 times in a row, if not more.
I've even had this happen when I've used helpers in rooms with tips. The helpers do not go to sleep and the room still has the same person's tips over and over again.
So I'm confused as to when to use helpers with or without tips, and then charms just adds even more to the confusion.
Tips from friends and using your helpers together definitely change the outcome of the search.
1. If you have a tip and a helper from two different occupations -- you get both types of bonus (ie more coins and more experience if you have a banker and a scientist helping you.) Each will increase by the 10% of that helper/tipper.
2. Same occupation...they stack You'll get both percentages added to the total. (I love an experience tip and using an experience helper at the same time-- especially in the rooms that give high experience like the island and pirate's brig....those not open yet...try that in the Sakura and Room 51!)
3. Charms just add more to the fun.
Look at the level of experience you will gain next time you enter a room no tips or without a helper. Make note. Add a helper and you'll see the original experience and a "+" sign after it. That additional experience should be the % that your helper gives you. If you have a tip, you'll see the % of the person leaving the tip. Have both? It'll be both together (higher math here!LOL) If you have a charm you'll see the added experience or coins AFTER you finish the room added. (Last night I got over 1400 experience exploring the pirate brig in Expert mode with helper and charm running!)
4. As for your helpers going to sleep....at some point in the game, they don't go to sleep as frequently. You use can use them several times before they finally need a break. If you are using the trick to keep the phenom in a room, the helper stays awake and actively helping you each time you log back in to MM. So you might want to explore with an experience helper and do the phenom keeper trick and when you log back in the experience helper is still active...you'd have to switch to a different type of helper at that time. Tips will stay in the room, too, if you use the phenom trick, unless someone has come in an added a tip to the room while you are logging out and back in.
5. Tips from the same person in the same room--Your friends can layer their tips. They can place tips in certain rooms...visit the manor next door...then return and leave tips in the same room again. They can do this over and over until they run out of tips (or actions) to give.
Ex. You ask a friend to tip your rooms, especially the Fortune Telling Room because you need to find something. That friend may leave several tips in the FTR room by tipping, leaving, returning and tipping same room again, thereby stacking them.
All that said....some people are finding that tips are disappearing for no known reason. I don't think anyone has formerly checked to see how long a layer of tips stay or how many can be layered....Another mystery from Mystery Manor!
Hope this helps with your confusion. All in all -- the more the merrier!
BTW pay attention to when you are about to level up, sometimes it is best to not use experience helpers if you have a lot of energy left and only need a bit of experience to level up. If you level up with say 500 energy you'll lose that energy. I always try and deplete my energy to the lowest I can if I know I am close to leveling up. I like Math, so figuring all that out is fun for me!