MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

4 posters

Trimming friend list question

Calico

Friend Code : 6f18d8
    MM Name : Kaye

Trimming friend list question Empty Trimming friend list question

Post  Calico Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 pm

I have a large friends list. I'm at the point where I'm having trouble requesting items because I'm not sure who is active or I can't find them due to the size of my list.

Is it safe to delete the ones at the bottom of my list who haven't updated? My thoughts are that they are probably no longer playing.

tatteredlace
    tatteredlace

Friend Code : 8ce9cb
    MM Name : Sammi Helena <3

Trimming friend list question Empty Re: Trimming friend list question

Post  tatteredlace Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:13 am

I am doing the same thing at the moment. And yes - the ones at the bottom of the list are first to go, unless it's someone I have talked to/traded with in the past - I am giving them a bit longer in the hope they start playing again.

I keep a spreadsheet with my friends' levels written by their name, so if it stops going up, I can easily see who has stopped playing Smile
    Avis
    Avis

Friend Code : f9ddb2
    MM Name : Avis

Post  Avis Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 am

tatteredlace wrote:I am doing the same thing at the moment. And yes - the ones at the bottom of the list are first to go, unless it's someone I have talked to/traded with in the past - I am giving them a bit longer in the hope they start playing again.

I keep a spreadsheet with my friends' levels written by their name, so if it stops going up, I can easily see who has stopped playing Smile

There does seem to be a problem with the bottom of the list listings! My granddaughter is at the bottom of my list but she has definitely updated and we've both closed down and restarted our iPads. Strangely I ge the 'hasn't updated' message from my friends list but I can visit her from my wall!! Yet another GI glitch. I posted on the fb page about this and someone else said they have had the same problem. BHave emailed GI about it and got the normal reply - nothing
    tatteredlace
    tatteredlace

Friend Code : 8ce9cb
    MM Name : Sammi Helena <3

Post  tatteredlace Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 am

Avis wrote:
    tatteredlace wrote:I am doing the same thing at the moment. And yes - the ones at the bottom of the list are first to go, unless it's someone I have talked to/traded with in the past - I am giving them a bit longer in the hope they start playing again.

There does seem to be a problem with the bottom of the list listings! My granddaughter is at the bottom of my list but she has definitely updated and we've both closed down and restarted our iPads. Strangely I ge the 'hasn't updated' message from my friends list but I can visit her from my wall!! Yet another GI glitch. I posted on the fb page about this and someone else said they have had the same problem. BHave emailed GI about it and got the normal reply - nothing

Ah that's strange - I've tried visiting all the people at the bottom (who I assumed were non-updated), and it wouldn't let me visit them, but I don't think I've had any wall requests from them so not sure if I can visit them that way.

I forgot to mention, I do also check if they are active, by sending wall requests and tracking who responds. If they are at the bottom of my list and also not responding to wall requests then I think it's safe to say they haven't updated, or at least aren't playing very often.

(Avis - another Essex person! am from there originally Smile)
    Avis
    Avis

Friend Code : f9ddb2
    MM Name : Avis

Post  Avis Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:13 am

I hadn't thought of sending requests to them I do sometimes request a charger from every friend on my list and check the responses and I managed to get my list down to 100 from the 500 I went to for the achievements reward. However it was sometimes a bit hit or miss and occasionally came down to a name with Cyrillic characters which I couldn't reproduce in y spreadsheet! But it's creeping up again so I do need another cull!
    Calico

Friend Code : 6f18d8
    MM Name : Kaye

Post  Calico Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm over 600 and that's after some trimming. It's too many to make a list.
    shandra4337

Friend Code : 97d0fa
    MM Name : shenanigans

Post  shandra4337 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Avis wrote:

after an update, you have to explore a few rooms before the game will register to your friends that you've updated. I guess that refreshes your manor or some such. that's also what updates your wish list for friends Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am