MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+3
Demdike
CheezerWhizzer
lexp333
7 posters

Reasons for deleting friends?

lexp333
    lexp333

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : lexp333

Reasons for deleting friends? Empty Reasons for deleting friends?

Post  lexp333 Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 pm

What are your primary reasons for deleting active friends? I have had appx 4-5 active friends defriend me in the last week and I have no idea why! They'll send me a wall request and then defriend me about an hour, or sometimes minutes later. As far as I know, I answer all wall requests almost daily (I miss a day every now and then, but who doesn't), and try to visit at least 1-2 a week (at 250 friends, that's how the cycle works out...)

It's not like this ruins my day and I'm not offended, but this seems like a high number for one week. Any thoughts?
    CheezerWhizzer

Reasons for deleting friends? Empty Re: Reasons for deleting friends?

Post  CheezerWhizzer Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I'll delete players who constantly gift beg or ask for rare collection items in exchange for chargers. I'm generous but players who are lazy and don't explore rooms annoy me. I have deleted players for weeks of no server response.

I'm pretty clear that I don't play to chat or make friends. People who leave wall messages to chat after I make that clear get deleted. I'll delete people whose game names are all pictures because I can't tell from my gift box if they are the ones who have gifted me. Yeah, those little pictures just annoy me.

I'll delete people who ask me for a collection item but always fail to put it on their wish lists. That's just annoying.

Most everyone gets a mention from me that they are making it difficult to gift, regift or that they really should make effort to explore rooms. I don't threaten to delete and I don't tell people that I'm going to delete them. I just do it. This is a game of thousands of players. It's pretty easy to pick and choose players as friends who play the game the same way I do.
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Sun May 12, 2013 6:27 am

I really don't like deleting people! I have only done it twice over the last year. Once was for keeping an item sent for returning for a quest, I spent a week asking for it back, everytime I wrote on her/his wall I woke all helpers so I consider I made an effort first. Mystery gifts were sent back so it was received, gift requests were sent so i knew they were playing, but not a peep.

The other was for a similar reason, it was sent back but days later and only after numerous requests which made me feel like I was trying to con her out of one despite sending it in the first place. I didn't want the names of people who made me feel annoyed keep coming up in front of me, same as I would avoid then in real life!

I have people that have been on the same level for 6 months, if I delete them, what if they start playing again!

People who send requests for collection items I need for charging useful rewards are politely turned down, people who constantly ask for hard to get/extinct items are ignored. I'm quite willing to let go of collection items where the reward for charging isn't important to me, or I have an uneven number for charging.

I send out gift requests, some are answered, some aren't, so what!

Lifes too short and there are more important problems in my life to fret about a game.

pallhedge

Friend Code : 68d24c
    MM Name : wine/Rich/wine

Post  pallhedge Sun May 12, 2013 8:16 am

I occasionally do a purge of friends that I feel no longer play. Sending out wall requests and visiting and gifting friends takes long enough. I'd prefer if I wasn't wasting my time. I'm sure if I've deleted at least one or two friends over the time I've been playing simply for them using bad form. When I see "left tips, can you help with my wl?" on my wall, thats usually a red flag.
    Rosie Hallahan

Reasons for deleting friends? Empty Deleting friends

Post  Rosie Hallahan Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Primarily I only delete friends if I don't think they are playing any longer. Recently I deleted somebody who at least once a week would send me a message saying things like 'Ive sent you a bullet can you send bath salts' never once did she say thanks for anything I did sent. I think I was friends with her for six or nine months and not once did she ever send me a collection item in return and she wasn't a lower level player. I have also deleted players who demand collection items because I find it irritating.

Having said that it doesn't sound like you do any of those things, I think sometimes people accept friends to get the achievement done and then delete them afterwards to bring their friends list down to a more manageable level.
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Post  paulinelhg Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 am

CheezerWhizzer wrote:I'll delete players who constantly gift beg or ask for rare collection items in exchange for chargers. I'm generous but players who are lazy and don't explore rooms annoy me. I have deleted players for weeks of no server response.

I'm pretty clear that I don't play to chat or make friends. People who leave wall messages to chat after I make that clear get deleted. I'll delete people whose game names are all pictures because I can't tell from my gift box if they are the ones who have gifted me. Yeah, those little pictures just annoy me.

I'll delete people who ask me for a collection item but always fail to put it on their wish lists. That's just annoying.

Most everyone gets a mention from me that they are making it difficult to gift, regift or that they really should make effort to explore rooms. I don't threaten to delete and I don't tell people that I'm going to delete them. I just do it. This is a game of thousands of players. It's pretty easy to pick and choose players as friends who play the game the same way I do.

Hi Cheezer Whizzer,

you are not one of my friends on MM, and I want to share that I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. There are many out there who plays MM seriously for the fun the game provides and not the social aspect, and by taking the time to share, you help me see from a new perspective, and that's great! I also liked your post because MMUFF is an open forum and we can share our thoughts about how we play, and I know you have help me before with posting about game strategies. Thank you and happy playing Smile
    Abemom2

Friend Code : 64d84e
    MM Name : Abemom2

Post  Abemom2 Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I generally post if I leave a collection item on the wl - and I try to check the wall before I do. I find it's helpful so the same collection item is not sent by several people as there is often someone who has visited just before me that left the same item. If someone neds multiples of an item it is helpful to put that on their wall. I do find that some people are very slow to update their wish list, and by posting I can see if I already left the item...so the posts are actually notes to myself as well.

There is another discussion about when to delete friends...these posts also help me keep track of who is not updating their wl or giving back.

I usually don't post for tips, chargers....sometimes for waking helpers since you can't tell who did that and many friends are helpful to me. If you visit your full 51 each day, it would take hours to leave notes on each wall.
    lexp333
    lexp333

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : lexp333

Post  lexp333 Wed May 15, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks everyone for your insights! There are obviously a plethora of reasons (many of which I have used myself in deleting people), and I love hearing different perspectives and opinions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am