Thanks to Mbstr8k
ISLAND PHOTO QUESTS
ORDER OF QUESTS & HOW TO MORE EFFICIENTLY CLEAR THEM
Now my mistake is I didn't think to write this down so this is from sheer memory. If I miss something, it might be too easy to clear to even remember. So these are only the quests that bring some sort of pain! Smile
1. Pot of Gold
- will drop right away coz this is a money making pot for GI so, of course, no grief for this.
2. 150 runestones
- best to banish Old Gypsy Woman or Baron rather than regular gypsies. Takes only 3 tries with a turtle running (well not running but...)
3. 5 Magic Books
- will drop out of fortune telling room & library;
- or swapping the same item with a friend works faster if both of you are on the same quests. If not, the person not yet at this stage may take an IOU or continue with the trade but should keep the item in their gift box until he or she gets to this quest.
3. Brig sets
- charge each set once. Trade for the items or explore Brig.
- each item drops by level. Meaning, 1st item of each set will be spewed at Novice level & 5th item of the set, at Expert level. Therefore, if you're only at Novice, don't expect to finish these quests quickly by exploring. Either trade for them, or pray for patience.
- what's a fair trade offer for these? I would say, the Festive Masquerade items because they can no longer be acquired by high-level players & low-level players had an equal chance to have an abundance during the Independence Day event.
NOTE: by this time the pieces of the island photo will appear but the quest on how to find them won't. You may ignore unless you get overly excited & plan to simply buy the pieces with diamonds.
4. Island Photo pieces
- much like building the UFO & Brig. Request for assembly items to piece the photo together from all your friends.
- please note of the level requirement for the items which is shown at the top of the pop-up box when you 'Ask a Friend'.
5. Banish Snatchin Seafarer
- meet the twin of Mr. Blackbeard. Evidence#1 that GI ran out of ideas, or had to hurry up releasing this update from all our whining on FB that we had no quests. LOL!
- as mentioned in an earlier post which I hope you heeded, you should have saved your maps for trading with the Seafarer. Anything you found earlier will not be counted to the 5 sets required to clear this quest. But will still count to the 9 required to complete the News announcement found on the right side.
- soon as you clear this quest, Seafarer will leave your manor. If you still need him, you have to find a friend that has him as a roamer.
- items easily drop like pirates, if you're using a turtle.
6. Explore Island
- since you have been banishing the Seafarer earlier, you will have enough keys to explore.
- no requirement to find anything.
7.a. Adventures of a Castaway & Secretive Island sets
- one by one, each item will be required by exploring rooms which most of the time requires a phenomenon.
- so you don't have to keep setting your manor up again & again for a phenomenon, don't clear rooms with phenomena if the quest does not call for that room to be explored. This way, you're always set up for any quest requiring a phenomenon.
- when I say 'set-up for a phenomenon' please refer to an earlier post on 'Finding the Corset, Neptune & Emerald'. Assuming you don't want to spend diamonds for any summons.
- good thing though is, soon as you have the right phenomenon in the right room, the item surely drops, so no need to close MM app to retain phenomenon. Please know that I use a turtle 100% of the time so this is the only point of view I know.
7.b. Punishment Quests
- simultaneous with finding the new collection items, are quests which I honestly, truly & without a doubt believe GI put in as disciplinary action for all our 'crimes'! Smile
- CJ asked earlier if the unupdated ones might be demoted to level 50. I think your rumor was skewed. The updated ones are feeling like level 50s with these. Evidence#2 that GI ran out of ideas.
- I haven't cleared a lot but so far I have had:
i ) 25 tyrannosaurus fillets, 25 tiramisus & 25 miso soups
ii ) 25 drunken joe whiskeys
iii) 25 dauphin cognacs
iv) 25 mermaid vodka
v) 25 sea breeze port wine
vi) 25 Benedict's Tear Cocktail - charge Drinks of the World 25 times (UPDATE i guess it was NOT safe to assume! LOL!)
- all items in your current inventory won't count.
- most people have these so everybody can swap items if you are on different quests. I sought help from friends who have not crossed over for the first one because I thought the 75 items were overwhelming. My EQ failed me. It's not so hard after all.
- assuming 2 players are on any of these quests, they can trade. 2 traders on the same quests cannot swap because it will get deducted from the 25 that they are currently putting together even if they have extra in their inventory.
- if 1 player is working on this & the other is still on another quest, I suggest you just borrow the item. If some of you remember the Ikebana quest, it works like that. None will be taken from inventory upon completion so you can just return them after.
- for those of you who were not hugged enough as a child will probably go, it's gonna take me 100 years to send it all back with the 10-gift limit! Calm yourself down, take a deep breath and do the math. Not everybody will reach the quests at the same time. Plus, there is always a natural attrition of players so if you're lucky, you don't send anything back. And if you've invested enough to become an MMBFF to someone, most don't need it back.
- for those who truly enjoy exploring, you may find the items from the rooms specified but it doesn't drop 100% of the time even if the room is already set up correctly so you may have to close MM app, as also discussed in the 'Finding the Corset, Neptune & Emerald' post.
Relevant to those who haven't updated, you can stock up on everything except the Punishment Quests. They're too easy to acquire & more importantly, you need space to receive the assembly items for the Island Photo.
Following are the subsequent quests continued from my earlier post on Room 18 quests. Instructions stand that previously collected items still won't count. Most quests require a phenomenon so keep retaining any phenomena or your manor should maintain its set-up, as required, to attract one.
Save for Mercury, all quests can be found by exploring once up to a maximum of 5 times using a turtle. For applicable items, you may explore or trade. Smile
1. Clipper - mist in any room; I suggest you don't clear this quest first. Clear the Ferry first.
2. Ferry - native idol in any room
3. Clipper - mist in any room; one Clipper clears both quests #1 & 3.
4. Caravel - sorry I missed the phenomenon because I cleared this accidentally when I got both the 3rd Clipper & Caravel at the same time.
5. Clipper - silhouette in any room
6. Polar Bear - trade with a gypsy; took 1 trade with regular gypsy guy.
7. Paddle Boat - laboratory in night mode
8. Hatch - explore UFO
9. Screen - laboratory in silhouette mode
10. Ocean Liner - explore Oceanic
11. Arctic Icebreaker - charge once
12. Explore Lost Island, Oceanic & Brig 3 times - after the first, previous explorations count. So it's basically explore once.
13. Neptune - yes, you read right! NEPTUNE! Evil laugh - thunder & lightning - it's your old nemesis! You meet again! Explore Fortune Telling room at night. Have no fear, I think he's old & weak now, dropped real fast!
14. Mist - explore room 51 in night mode.
15. Bits of the Plane - explore Oceanic in night mode.
16. Secretive Island - charge once
17. Pearls - explore African room or dressing room at night. Do African room.
18. Mercury - native idol in hunting room or hallway.
19. Golden Fleece - explore African room or Library at night. Found the fleece in the African room on the 2nd time it went on night mode.
20. Unicorn - explore Fortune Telling or Hunting room at night. Found in Fortune Telling room on the 2nd time it went on night mode.
21. Lily of the Valley - explore any room at night. Found in Fortune Telling room also on the 2nd time it went on night mode.
22. Explore Island 3 times - previous explorations seem to count. I only needed to explore the room once and the quest was done.
NOTE: I suggest for quests 1-6,7 & 10 to instead explore the Oceanic if you have room keys because boats sometimes drop 2 at a time; or trade with a friend. More importantly, it saves the phenomena you have already set up for the next quests, unless you already have native idol in Hallway and Hunting rooms.