MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+20
CheezerWhizzer
hoplomachus
karen_ni
js29
Dazza JP
Roxy
summerville
Annie
ycul
caroline23
Mooscrat
Chloexxxx
LaVentosa
Deesha
pianofingers
engineer
Juud
justice
Admin
slfranci
24 posters

Sending multiple gifts

Sending multiple gifts Empty Sending multiple gifts

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Ok so I've noticed some players are able to gift seemingly unlimited amounts of the same gift, and more than one type of gift....anyone know how to do this??? confused
    slfranci

Sending multiple gifts Empty Re: Sending multiple gifts

Post  slfranci Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:55 pm

It is a cheat within the game. I doubt anyone will post how to do it on a public forum, and I'm sure Admin wouldn't like this forum to go down that path. :-)

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Well people can feel free to private message me Razz
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes, it is pretty well known.

I appreciate it if it wasn't publicly posted. People here are free to discuss it privately if they like.
    justice

MM Name : Justice

Post  justice Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 am

Would someone PM me how to do this? Thanks
    Juud
    Juud

MM Name : Juud

Post  Juud Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm

EDIT***

Nevermind, got it. Very Happy

Post  Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey everybody....that's why I posted this question originally, not because I just want to know the secret, but because I've been on the receiving end of this trick, and really, really appreciate it and would also like to pay it forward! Surely the more of us that can do it the better for all of us?! I know that also the higher the number of people that can do it also might increase the risk of the developers putting a stop to it, but I'm sure they're probably aware of it already, no?! Anyway, it doesn't seem to be something that people want to share, Ive had private messages asking me if I found out, and if so, could I share, but no messages with the required info! People seem to like to advertise the fact that they know it ( or pretend they do?!) but it seems it's not for sharing! Just thought Id let you know how my request was going....dead end!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi there Charlie. The people who do this, for the most part, don't really care to receive the same. This is also difficult for the developers of the game to fix for many reasons that I won't divulge here (some technical, some not).

I disagree that the more people who know, the better it is for all of us. I actually believe that the more of us that knows, the more it ruins it for everyone.

I have no doubt that it will eventually be stopped somehow, and it will make a lot of people, very, very unhappy. It is truly better not to go down this route at all.
    slfranci

Post  slfranci Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:10 pm

There are two reasons I know of why people don't share the information. First, because no one wants it publicly posted. The more people that know, the more likely it is someone will take it upon themselves to share the information on the Internet. There is a fear that if it becomes common knowledge the develops will put an end to it. Yes, a lot of people know, but *most* don't. Second, it gives those players who know how to do it an advantage in the game. The more you help others in the game, the more help you receive in return.

Besides, and this is my opinion, what fun would the game be if you could just get everything to finish the game without doing any work? Wink
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 pm

slfranci wrote:There are two reasons I know of why people don't share the information. First, because no one wants it publicly posted. The more people that know, the more likely it is someone will take it upon themselves to share the information on the Internet. There is a fear that if it becomes common knowledge the develops will put an end to it. Yes, a lot of people know, but *most* don't. Second, it gives those players who know how to do it an advantage in the game. The more you help others in the game, the more help you receive in return.

Besides, and this is my opinion, what fun would the game be if you could just get everything to finish the game without doing any work? Wink
    Well, I think it's up to each player whether they want to or not. Personally, I don't care one way or another. I also don't see the difference in using the "wall cheat" and charging Chic on a Beach a million times, as was mentioned elsewhere here. They both take advantage of bugs in the game. As I see it, this game screws you enough as is, so making up for not receiving rewards, empty mystery gifts, useless charms, etc. isn't that big of a deal. But like I said, to each his own.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:09 pm

engineer wrote:
    slfranci wrote:There are two reasons I know of why people don't share the information. First, because no one wants it publicly posted. The more people that know, the more likely it is someone will take it upon themselves to share the information on the Internet. There is a fear that if it becomes common knowledge the develops will put an end to it. Yes, a lot of people know, but *most* don't. Second, it gives those players who know how to do it an advantage in the game. The more you help others in the game, the more help you receive in return.

Well, I think it's up to each player whether they want to or not. Personally, I don't care one way or another. I also don't see the difference in using the "wall cheat" and charging Chic on a Beach a million times, as was mentioned elsewhere here. They both take advantage of bugs in the game. As I see it, this game screws you enough as is, so making up for not receiving rewards, empty mystery gifts, useless charms, etc. isn't that big of a deal. But like I said, to each his own.

Yep each to his own...a good phrase in many situations, and for me, being screwed by the game is precisely WHY I'd like to use
    every help available...it's not like cheating in tennis, or poker, or anything important for that matter! Smile It's a frustrating game, it's cheated on me many times...fight fire with fire I say, but that's just me rabbit
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm

slfranci wrote:Besides, and this is my opinion, what fun would the game be if you could just get everything to finish the game without doing any work? Wink

What a hot topic this is today.

The above quote, in my opinion, is why people shouldn't. But yes - to each their own. I can honestly say (as stated in my thread about cheaters in the Chit-Chat section) that the moment I discovered the cheat and realized that probably _all_ the top ranked players are using these cheat methods, I essentially lost all motivation to play. But that's just because I'm competitive by nature.

I also agree that the game has cheated us players more than enough times, so Yes, sending a few extra wall gifts isn't a big deal, or charging some Chic on a Beach isn't a big deal. However, the ability to essentially go from level 1 to level 100 if you have two iPads in a _single_ day is rather ridiculous. I have visited a player who was level 80 with a single reputation point. The next day, this person was over level 120, still with a single reputation point (oh, zero friends and a full collection, I might add).

It is just my opinion that the less of this players see, the more they are motivated to play; Ultimately, playing MM is to have fun, so what good is it to have that fun ruined?

I will be very honest and say that I have offered some people the choice of knowing how it is done. Almost all, so far, have respectfully declined after I told them that it would essentially take the fun out of the game. It really isn't a big secret, but there really is no point in knowing.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I agree with Admin, the value of the items diminishes greatly when you find out the secret, and so does the fun, and ultimately the point in playing the game. Special trades are no longer special.

Most of those who know the technique, were not told by anyone. They just figured it out by themselves by trial and error, observation, and logic. But here's a clue: try accessing the game from a spot where you have bad internet connection.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:11 pm

I also want to add - Yes, I still actively play. I love visiting my 500 friends, viewing their collections, and asking for trades. I probably do that more than anything else now. I also like getting items to help other MMUFF players (like the ikebanas - I've loaned out probably 5 or so, have none left).

Very Happy
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Admin wrote:
    slfranci wrote:Besides, and this is my opinion, what fun would the game be if you could just get everything to finish the game without doing any work? Wink

What a hot topic this is today.

The above quote, in my opinion, is why people shouldn't. But yes - to each their own. I can honestly say (as stated in my thread about cheaters in the Chit-Chat section) that the moment I discovered the cheat and realized that probably _all_ the top ranked players are using these cheat methods, I essentially lost all motivation to play. But that's just because I'm competitive by nature.

I also agree that the game has cheated us players more than enough times, so Yes, sending a few extra wall gifts isn't a big deal, or charging some Chic on a Beach isn't a big deal. However, the ability to essentially go from level 1 to level 100 if you have two iPads in a _single_ day is rather ridiculous. I have visited a player who was level 80 with a single reputation point. The next day, this person was over level 120, still with a single reputation point (oh, zero friends and a full collection, I might add).

It is just my opinion that the less of this players see, the more they are motivated to play; Ultimately, playing MM is to have fun, so what good is it to have that fun ruined?

I will be very honest and say that I have offered some people the choice of knowing how it is done. Almost all, so far, have respectfully declined after I told them that it would essentially take the fun out of the game. It really isn't a big secret, but there really is no point in knowing.

Careful--you're going to give it away now Razz I agree, just doing it to gain levels is pointless. But, I guess I'm not that competitive, so it doesn't bother me in the least if the top players do it. What do I care?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm conflicted on the issue. I think doing it so you can be the top player is kinds silly. But doing it so you can help out other players that are struggling? I totally get that. Being on the receiving end is pretty freaking cool. I ran my turtle today and was able to go from lvl 42 to lvl 45! I was able to clear all the quests for banishing the various ninjas. All because I was able to stockpile food items from charging various collections. Going up in levels was awesome, but for me, the best part is having extra items to send to friends and unlocking the lvl 45 free gifts. Who doesn't want palm leaf? Because I had so much energy I was able to banish tons of rescuers so I could charge the last beach collection yay! Even with all the bugs and my game crashing all the time I still love playing. I love sending and receiving gifts. It's like Christmas everyday:)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I agree with everything you said.

One last thing I want to add: I think all players, as they play and interact with others, will eventually learn the trick. It's just a matter of time (unless it gets fixed).

So... don't sweat it. Play the game. Enjoy it. Chances are, when you are high level, you'll be able to do it to to help others too. Very Happy
    Deesha

Post  Deesha Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Please could you tell me how this is done by PM
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Sending multiple gifts Empty Philosophy Manor

Post  LaVentosa Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 am

Admin wrote:I also want to add - Yes, I still actively play. I love visiting my 500 friends, viewing their collections, and asking for trades. I probably do that more than anything else now. I also like getting items to help other MMUFF players (like the ikebanas - I've loaned out probably 5 or so, have none left).

Very Happy

I love that you do so. it paints a very charming picture of you in my mind.

Well, everybody who gets several gift on one day, knows the structure of the game, and wonders if he just missed something of the regular gameplay is going to ask the question above, I think.
    I know I myself did. After being told it was NOT regular, I had had some clues how it would play out - as might everybody who puts his mind to it - but it was not a thing I would look further into - even though I would have the means.
    For me and my way of playing it is one thing, to "cheat oneself up the levels", and another to get help (sometimes even a couple of helps a day Smile ) by a friend.

I for myself have never bought a diamond, but might use the FCS oneday if I really do not get on even with friends help. But it is the decision founded on my character to play that way, I just like sailing with the wind better than riding a motorboat against the waves, even if it is faster.

But where is the line? For others it might be "everything that works is allowed", resulting their not enjoing the "social part of the game", that way loosing a lot of it's appeal and stopping after few days/weeks. Sounds like eating a ton of chocolate and getting fed up with it afterwards, but - as it was said before - to each his own. If someone just wants to climb the mountain blindfolded to be on top and be done with it, nobody is going to change that way of looking at life for him.

In the end - it's a game. And a game that takes a LOT of my time in the last weeks as it really is kind of addictive. So I really liked Admins question posted elsewhere "are we really going to play that long?", 'cause I already wonder when I'm going to get myself to stop playing everyday. Rolling Eyes
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm

You have a way with word and I agree with your over-stuffed chocolate lover analogy.

Yes - ultimately, it is to each their own, which would be great if this wasn't a social game. Receiving 2 or 3 coconuts or ACs from a friend in a day makes people happy (and, in my book, mostly okay because the receiver gets a good deal!), but seeing a top player with 500+ Heart of Africa Diamonds just discourages everyone from even attempting to get on the Rating list. This is what I don't want happen - people to cheat to the point where it discourages others to play. Some people don't care and will do it anyway.

Personally, I really admire and respect that you take it slow, and enjoy the game.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 pm

500+ heart of Africa!?!!?
    Holy English breakfasts batman!!!! I think you just made my brain stutter. I had another reply but I lost it.
    Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm

This has totally spoilt my game, I can't do the trick my Internet is 50 mb so impossible, but my friends can do.. Now I need not search for anything again, just ask a friend and they send 10 of them.. It's made the game uninteresting now, but that's just me
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Sending multiple gifts Empty help in gifting

Post  Mooscrat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey all

****edited****

Ty replies. cat

Mooscrat

Surprised

Last edited by Mooscrat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Mooscrat wrote:hey all

after having a friend blow my mind with this gifting trick i've been working with the idea for others...but only with 50/50 success for the method im using...if anyone's willing to point out where i'm perhaps misthinking or pm a few q's with me i'd appreciate it!

Mooscrat

Surprised

Really wouldn't bother it spoils the game totally
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Chloexxxx wrote:This has totally spoilt my game, I can't do the trick my Internet is 50 mb so impossible, but my friends can do.. Now I need not search for anything again, just ask a friend and they send 10 of them.. It's made the game uninteresting now, but that's just me

This is exactly why I think people should keep it to themselves. It really could ruin it for many people.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm