MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+10
pianofingers
Elizabeth0
karen_ni
Annie
Roxy
ützel
warm10
Mbstr8k
Admin
LaVentosa
14 posters

Tip or Wake, that's The question

ützel

Friend Code : Fd6d1f
    MM Name : Ützel

Tip or Wake, that's The question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip or Wake, that's The question

Post  ützel Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Thank you for being so nice. I won't let you know my level - otherwise you'd totally agree with me. Embarassed
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Tip or Wake, that's The question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip or Wake up

Post  Roxy Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Since most friends don't need the extra coins I provide with my Banker's tips, I put a message at the top of my wall, "Let me know if you need your helpers awakened, and I will get there as soon as I can". However, no one as ever asked. I always try to do wake ups over tips.
    Annie
    Annie

Friend Code : 1f78c5

Tip or Wake, that's The question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip or Wake, that's The question

Post  Annie Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Roxy wrote:Since most friends don't need the extra coins I provide with my Banker's tips, I put a message at the top of my wall, "Let me know if you need your helpers awakened, and I will get there as soon as I can". However, no one as ever asked. I always try to do wake ups over tips.

Hi Roxy:

I just added you as a friend and will be happy to let you know when my helpers need to be awakened Smile

BTW, I recently learned I'm an explorer and I leave a 9% chance of finding an item alien
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:15 pm

I just added Roxy and Annie. I wasn't able to add utzel, it said your code was already used up for today.
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Tip or Wake, that's The question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip or Wake

Post  Roxy Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for adding me as your "Wake Up" friend. I'm glad someone wants it & hope I am signed when you need it. (I'll also check in from time to time just in case) Very Happy
    Elizabeth0
    Elizabeth0

MM Name : Elizabeth

Post  Elizabeth0 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Roxy wrote:Since most friends don't need the extra coins I provide with my Banker's tips, I put a message at the top of my wall, "Let me know if you need your helpers awakened, and I will get there as soon as I can". However, no one as ever asked. I always try to do wake ups over tips.

I'm also a banker and have found no one wants my tips. Someone even left me a message telling me to stop tipping their manor. I try and never leave more than one, but i guess they stack up. I've left posts telling people to let me know when they need sleepers woken up, but only once has anyone asked. I'm a bit bummed because my reputation is dropping. Talk about feeling unwanted lol
    If I'd have know I was a banker early on, I would have deleted the app and restarted in hopes of becoming an explorer or scientist.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Elizabeth, are you trying to build up your reputation? You can do this by leaving tips, but changing your mind before the flag appears. Your reputation counter will go up (and you'll notice, the number of actions remaining will go down), but the tip will not register.

This way, you can build up your rep silently, without causing anguish to your friends.
    warm10

Friend Code : 8a5839
    MM Name : Warm10

Post  warm10 Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Friend me and tip away! I spend the cash on snatchins and laser pointers!,,
    Elizabeth0
    Elizabeth0

MM Name : Elizabeth

Post  Elizabeth0 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 am

pianofingers wrote:Elizabeth, are you trying to build up your reputation? You can do this by leaving tips, but changing your mind before the flag appears. Your reputation counter will go up (and you'll notice, the number of actions remaining will go down), but the tip will not register.

This way, you can build up your rep silently, without causing anguish to your friends.

Thanks for the "tip". I just noticed I could do that today, but wasn't positive if the canceled tip would show up or not. I'm out of town with a slow hotel connection so it should work. Don't think I can pull that off at home though. Everyone else must be faster at clicking than me lol
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am

I'm a banker, too. I recently added low, beginner level friends, just so I could tip them! They appreciate it and ask for it. I know at some point they won't need me as much, but I like giving tips and wake ups. As I go through to get my visiting rewards, I wake up anyone I see...I rarely tell the person if it is just one or two, but I try and use it all up. Adding the lower level friends also let's you gift some of those multiples that you have of the earlier collection.....and they need the simple chargers. More than most higher level friends who have collected 100s of chargers.....

I also use the coins to buy the tools.....and I use the tools. By doing so, I am working on completing three different achievements. Buying things, buying tools, and using tools...... I specifically ask new friends if they want me to tip, and remind them coins come in handy for the tools......
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Elizabeth0 wrote:
    I'm also a banker and have found no one wants my tips. Someone even left me a message telling me to stop tipping their manor. I try and never leave more than one, but i guess they stack up. I've left posts telling people to let me know when they need sleepers woken up, but only once has anyone asked. I'm a bit bummed because my reputation is dropping. Talk about feeling unwanted lol
    If I'd have know I was a banker early on, I would have deleted the app and restarted in hopes of becoming an explorer or scientist.
    I'm a banker too, I just found out. I've also had people tell me not to tip, and to only wake helpers. However, I can't even imagine telling someone to go away and not help me any more. So, I don't worry about it and just tip however I want. Personally, I explore over half my rooms without tips, so having anything would be helpful.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm

You can still tip. Others can layer their tips on top of yours, so there is no 'loss' to the manor owner.

Try to tip lower level players first as they'll appreciate it more.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Admin wrote:Others can layer their tips on top of yours, so there is no 'loss' to the manor owner.

It also works the other way. You might be layering your tips over other tips, so it might be better to ask the manor owner first.

There are times when the owner specifically needs explorer tips, such as when they're trying to find an elusive item.

They ask an explorer friend to fill the manor with tips, and are ready to begin exploring, but then suddenly a banker comes in and covers it all up. That can be quite annoying. And so they have to ask another explorer friend to re-tip everything again, and wait for all the right conditions before they resume hunting.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Post  QueenVictoria Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 am

kmad004 wrote:After playing for a while I'm really starting to believe that hints stack. I'll search a room with an explorer hint and when I'm done the hint is still there. Or sometimes I'll search it with a hint and when I finish another hint is there but for something different. So either someone is stalking my room or the hints are stacked.

Another thing is that when you leave a friends manor after leaving a tip and return, you can leave another tip in the same room. I don't think the tips override each other, just the most recent tip is seen first. This can also explain why sometimes in a friends maor there are only specific rooms you can tip in. The other rooms are maxed out and no more tips can be left.

I understand that no one needs coins in this game as a rule, but all the bias against bankers makes me kinda mad. I didn't choose to be the one to leave useless, worthless tips-I got stuck with it. So me, trying to be a good friend, am going to leave you a couple tips after I wake up your slackers-sorry, helpers- so just thank me and keep going please...

Honey, calm yourself down. LOL! The hints don't stack, the only reason you still see the same tips is because of game server delay. Tried and tested, last tip overrides previous ones. I'm just scared for you if you insist on leaving tips because I've known of friends who got deleted by others just because they were bankers and continued tipping rooms after being asked not to Sad Why do you want to tip so much? For the reputation?
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Post  QueenVictoria Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 am

engineer wrote:
    Elizabeth0 wrote:
    I'm a banker too, I just found out. I've also had people tell me not to tip, and to only wake helpers. However, I can't even imagine telling someone to go away and not help me any more. So, I don't worry about it and just tip however I want. Personally, I explore over half my rooms without tips, so having anything would be helpful.

From the explorers talking, they say they get scared to tip bankers in case they return the favor. That's why maybe half the time, you're exploring without tips.
    To increase reputation, wake helpers or tip room then cancel before it registers. That's the best way Smile
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 am

QueenVictoria wrote:
    From the explorers talking, they say they get scared to tip bankers in case they return the favor.

You are so correct! Smile I am guilty of that. For banker friends who I don't know very well, I purposely don't tip their manor because I'm scared they might tip me back.

However, the banker friends who I'm close to, know better. My best friend on MM is a banker, and whenever I visit him, I write on his wall: "Tipped your whole manor, and don't you dare tip me back!". Very Happy

But he's already reached Reputation Level 51 (mission accomplished), so he doesn't really need to tip people anymore.

engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:

Honey, calm yourself down. LOL! The hints don't stack, the only reason you still see the same tips is because of game server delay. Tried and tested, last tip overrides previous ones. I'm just scared for you if you insist on leaving tips because I've known of friends who got deleted by others just because they were bankers and continued tipping rooms after being asked not to Sad Why do you want to tip so much? For the reputation?
    No, the tips absolutely DO stack. And if anybody decides to delete a friend over level 100 because they "don't like bankers", they are being petty and probably aren't worth my time anyway. And my reputation would be well over 100 by now, but people judge you both by how much strength you have left and how often you help out via tips and gifts. And personally, I've never NOT explored a room because there was a banker's tip there. I explore running all sorts of charms anyway, so it's not like that 15% to experience is really going to make the difference. Why not take any help you can get?
    Torynn

Post  Torynn Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:15 pm

How can you tell what profession you are?
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Torynn wrote:How can you tell what profession you are?
    you can't. You have to ask a friend. Idea
    drivefast99

Friend Code : 3281d2
    MM Name : drivefast99

Tip or Wake, that's The question - Page 2 Empty Newbie Question

Post  drivefast99 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm still trying to figure out this additive game. I am on android so it might be different but how can you tell if you were tipped and who tipped?

Thanks for the help.

If this keeps up, I might have to buy an Ipad Razz
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 pm

drivefast99 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out this additive game. I am on android so it might be different but how can you tell if you were tipped and who tipped?

In the Ipad Version every tipped room has a green Flag with the percentage and the kind of tip written on it.
    When you tap on the room, a window will pop up that tells you who left the tip.
    drivefast99

Friend Code : 3281d2
    MM Name : drivefast99

Post  drivefast99 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    drivefast99 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out this additive game. I am on android so it might be different but how can you tell if you were tipped and who tipped?

In the Ipad Version every tipped room has a green Flag with the percentage and the kind of tip written on it.
    When you tap on the room, a window will pop up that tells you who left the tip.

Ok Thanks. Not so on the Android. I did notice different colored pins on the note letting you know what mode the room is in (the ones at this moment are red and blue). Not sure if they are similar to your flags or not and definitely no popups so far for me.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:00 am

you can see the look of ones manor on the Ipad in the screenshots section Idea Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm