MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
pianofingers
engineer
Admin
ycul
Martino
9 posters

Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor?

Martino
    Martino

Friend Code : 170526
    MM Name : Martino

Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor? Empty Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor?

Post  Martino Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 am

Earlier in the game I had no idea at all what those flying creatures were doing round my manor. I tried banishing some (did not have a clue why, but it seemed like the thing to do) but they kept coming back all the time! Just like zombies!

Later I realized this banishing costs coins / energy / diamonds. Also that these valuables could also be used otherwise (and most of the time better!).

Still later I got the general idea that you better only banish them if you want to have what's listed on the 'to be found' section.

One day I got the concept of 'friends' in this game, and found out that I could visit their mansion and even could banish characters in their mansion and get the rewards on my own inventory! This is of course nice because different friends have different characters.

After that I found out that the best way to banish is when you have activated a "Turtle". Far more fun to get on (almost)each action the things you want!

Finally I got the insight that (especially for the rare characters) it's wise to try to let them float on your onwn mansion and not banish the 'last' one when you are on a quest to banish a specific character. If you do that it will disappear.
    When a rare character stays on your mansion it is more attractive for your friends to visit (and maybe leave tips or look at your wish list).

It works like this:
    Quest is to banish (for example) Ninja's (Kun, Giri, Chan and Agro-San).
    When you have banished 9 out of 10, banish 'the last' one not in your onw mansion, but in that of a friend who has more than one of them. Otherwise (sometimes?) the character disapears from your mansion.
    PS1 this is not true for the seasonal characters such as bunnies, beachbabe and beachdude; they stay until a certain time.

PS2 this is not neccesary for the monkey's (they are of no value once you banished the last one)

PS3 If any of you (beginning?) players have the plain 'Gypsy' (the man version with orange shirt) on your Mansion; please don't banish: do that on your Friends mansion where there's more than one so that others can use tons of silver horseshoes on them to get all the gypsy-items at your mansion...

I wonder if you have additional views on banishing characters?!

Last edited by Martino on Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : progressive insight)
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor? Empty Re: Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor?

Post  ycul Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 am

Awesome advice Martino! Did you ever find theGypsy Fowler anywhere? I have only seen it on one of my friends manors. And he is still there. As far as I know he only drops one item. the Eagle from collection 38.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor? Empty Re: Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor?

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:16 pm

I still haven't seen the Fowler.

I keep about 5 friends less than level 18 because they have a lot of Snatchins (8!) and Gypsy Boys/Girls. I've seen some manors with holiday mobs (like the Love Snatchin from Valentine's Day).

Thanks for the tip!

Post  Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Fowler is floating around my manor if you need him!
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 pm

ycul wrote:Awesome advice Martino! Did you ever find theGypsy Fowler anywhere? I have only seen it on one of my friends manors. And he is still there. As far as I know he only drops one item. the Eagle from collection 38.
    The Fowler only shows up when you have that quest. He's not one of the "normals" that remains at your manor after the quest is done.

I've also found that when you reach a certain point in the game, all of your friends have the characters that you need. Before I had the Oceanic room open, nobody ever had a seahorse at their manor. As soon as I opened it, every single one of my friends shows a seahorse. I don't think "saving" a creature is worth it at all. Plus, after that quest, who needs an Agile Monkey? The other thing to note is that the creatures "regenerate" after every time you explore a room.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 pm

engineer wrote:
    ycul wrote:Awesome advice Martino! Did you ever find theGypsy Fowler anywhere? I have only seen it on one of my friends manors. And he is still there. As far as I know he only drops one item. the Eagle from collection 38.
    The Fowler only shows up when you have that quest. He's not one of the "normals" that remains at your manor after the quest is done.

I've also found that when you reach a certain point in the game, all of your friends have the characters that you need. Before I had the Oceanic room open, nobody ever had a seahorse at their manor. As soon as I opened it, every single one of my friends shows a seahorse. I don't think "saving" a creature is worth it at all. Plus, after that quest, who needs an Agile Monkey? The other thing to note is that the creatures "regenerate" after every time you explore a room.

I completed fowler two weeks ago and he is still there.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 am

The only creatures worth saving in your manor are the ninjas. And I don't mean Joe the Farmer, because he'll always be there. I mean Kun, Giri, Chan and Agro-San.

And yes, the orange-shirted Gypsy man too. Don't banish him! Your friends will find him very useful.
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:54 am

Does anyone have any info on the notorious bandit? I've encountered him at a couple of my friend's manors. if you banish him he gives you pearls but I'm not sure what they are for? I can't see any collection that requires them as a charge item ( or maybe I'm not looking hard enough ?) tongue
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 am

Pearls are for Seabed Ornaments quest, according to their description.

Perhaps that is an existing quest in the Facebook version that is getting ported to the iPad version.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

I wish I had know that earlier! Crying or Very sad I think I banished an Octopus today I should'nt have - it didn't come back.
    My orange gypsy is gone too, although I don't think I banished him - I just started trading with them yesterday and went to a friends manor especially because I could'nt find him on my manor...
    I do have one friend with 3 orange gypsies (non with other ninias then Joe, I think), where i spent a lot of this afternoon, so yes. it is prudent not to banish them....
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 am

engineer wrote:

I have a friend who has had the Fowler gypsy on his wall for months. He is now level 48. The Gypsy Fowler is still there! Not sure whether he has completed a quest for it. I don't even remember that quest!

I wish I knew what all the items you banish were for, what rewards they give and how much they cost, etc, etc.

I banished that bluebird about 15 times thinking it must be important. Only to find out it was a waste of time. I don't think the bird cage that it gives as a reward is needed for anything.

I used to have so many of those rakes needed for banishing Joe the Farmer. Now I have that quest I never get a drop on them!

I banish some aliens right now to get collection items but is that a mistake? Will I need to banish them later for something more important and be out of weapons?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 am

It is safe to banish aliens for collection items. It is better to do so with a Turtle of Luck running. You'll need to banish them for Alien canisters and the Gravitron to search Area 51 and the Flying Saucer.
    jesskerz
    jesskerz

Friend Code : 6cc87e
    MM Name : jesskerz

Post  jesskerz Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 pm

I mainly go crazy bashing the gypsy man on my friends pages to gain experience fast to level up Smile bashing aliens gives you 100+ experience tho Wink
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

In my TT yesterday, I did the whole Ninja-chilada thing.
    I have to say - I can't agree. I did NOT banish my Ninjas, in fact went for friends manors for every one of them, and everytime I came back, I still had only the one of the new quest floating around in my manor.
    So now I have finished all of those quests, and the only Ninja still at my place is Joe.

the Octopus is back though....

I wonder if there might be a bit more random to that theme than I thought... Suspect
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 pm

If you have the ninjas quest, e.g. banish Chan the Florist 10 times, you will see her on your manor, and you will see a mirror of her on every manor you visit -- but that does not mean she resides on that friend's manor. Banishing Chan on that manor will ultimately banish her from your manor when that quest is done.

Now if you see two Chan the Florists in that manor, it means one resides there, and one is a mirror of yours, while your quest is ongoing. This means it is safe to banish her there, for the 10th time, and she will remain in your manor after your quest is done. But be sure you don't banish the 2 Chans there at the same time in the last round, e.g. 9th and 10th. Banish her on any manor in the 9th round, then go to the manor with the 2 Chans, and banish one of them for the 10th time.

Hope this clears things up! Sorry this info did not get to your earlier, LaVentosa.

Last edited by pianofingers on Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri May 11, 2012 4:33 am

pianofingers wrote:Hope this clears things up! Sorry this info did not get to your earlier, LaVentosa.

The things you know! amazing.
    I see. that explains it.
    So, I'm not only not supposed to banish those figures in my Manor, but the last one I need to banish should not be on a friends manor either, if there is only one of these guys hanging around!!

I'm sorry, too I didn't know/understand that before, but well, it's done now and at least anyone who reads this is prepared now. Smile
    gemfinder
    gemfinder

Post  gemfinder Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm

User MFS has a werewolf plus snatching seafarer and loads of aliens for those needing to banish tripods, destroyers and xenophages.

Don't know his friend code but he's posted near the top of my wall so my friends can find him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:32 am