MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+4
ycul
karen_ni
Admin
Diana
8 posters

A Strange Recording quest

Diana
    Diana

Friend Code : 581e67
    MM Name : DianaB

A Strange Recording quest Empty A Strange Recording quest

Post  Diana Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 am

I have this new quest to catch 10 each, Musical, Television and Vacuum Robots. I need Lube Oil cans and these do not drop easily. Do you know if the cans will drop faster now that I am on this quest? I hope so because it will take 300 diamonds to buy my quest.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

A Strange Recording quest Empty Re: A Strange Recording quest

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Most people end up spending the diamonds.

Read more here:
    http://www.mmuff.com/t72-oil-cans-x300
    Diana
    Diana

Friend Code : 581e67
    MM Name : DianaB

Post  Diana Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks for the links. I read both. I wish someone would print a list of "quests to come...". Haha that sounds stupid. Thanks again.
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I have that quest right now and have had it for about a week now and I think I have received about 5 oil cans. I am going to use a Turtle of Luck this afternoon and whatever I have left (oil cans), I will use diamonds to buy. I think 300 cans is pretty ridiculous.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm

It absolutely is ridiculous. If every single room gives an oilcan, that's fine. But getting 1 oil can every 10 rooms or so makes this quest pretty much impossible to complete in a sane amount of time.
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 am

I never had this quest! Is it possible I will still get it at this stage in the game? (Level 65) I did have a quest for 5 oil cans at one time! Is there a way to check exactly what quests we have finished?
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 am

I got this quest at Level 80 - I don't quite understand how these quests appear. I deliberately held off from opening the Lab and Room 51 too soon, so maybe that accounts for it but lots of other people's Manors seem more exciting than mine. I've just about caught half of the robots with a mixture of Lube Oil from the game and some purchased with diamonds. At this rate though it'll be another month to complete and I'm getting bored already. I may have to bite the bullet and buy the rest even though I would prefer to win them.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 pm

I believe Lab access is required for this quest.

Some people didn't get this quest due to a bug that didn't allow them access to the Laboratory for a long time.

All the quests have triggers. Accessing the Lab triggers the chain of quests that will eventually lead to A Strange Recording.
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Wed May 02, 2012 11:49 pm

I have had the lab room open for a month now, Am at professional level 12% and got 2 Access the Lab quests yesterday so maybe the dreaded oil can quest is coming soon. Perhaps you need to be at a specific level in the lab to trigger these Access the Lab quests. I don't get in there very much because of the battery requirement! My Sakura room, Room 51, lab and Oceanic room are sadly lacking in attention due to this.

Yes, I agree that the quest appearance rate is strange..I have read that many people get the neptune and emerald quests last. I finished them a few days ago!
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 am

I just checked and I got the quest at Expert Level so yes it's definitely in your future! lol
    I have just had the Neptune and now have the Emerald quest and these are my only 2 quests (Robots & Emerald). The Emerald is proving a bit elusive though, I've been hard at it the last couple of days but can I get a phenomenon to appear in the Bedroom? - can I heck, I think they've been in every other room argh!
    truperduper

Friend Code : 67e0e5
    MM Name : Truperduper

A Strange Recording quest Empty Strange recording quest - does this lead up to other quests?

Post  truperduper Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 am

If it does where does this go? Trying to decide if I am going wait for the oil cans or spend the diamonds. If it is the end of the road then I will wait it out but if it is part of a string of quests I may spend the diamonds.
    Thanks!
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 am

truperduper wrote:If it does where does this go? Trying to decide if I am going wait for the oil cans or spend the diamonds. If it is the end of the road then I will wait it out but if it is part of a string of quests I may spend the diamonds.
    Thanks!

Completing this quest begins the quest to find the UFO. At least, that's what happened when I completed it.

I only had 35 oil cans when I finally decided to start banishing the robots, so I used the synthesizer and brought in a few more friends and diamonds to complete it.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 am

This is my only quest at the moment. Oil cans were slow dropping before the latest update, but now our dropping a bit faster. I decided I am going to give it a week and see how many drop before using the synthesizer. I got 5 yesterday in an hour, so that was pretty good. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 am