MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
Mbstr8k
Snookie
Mooscrat
Admin
Catie12
9 posters

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP!

Catie12

Friend Code : 713eae
    MM Name : Moondancer

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Game Crashes as It loads please HELP!

Post  Catie12 Thu May 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I am unable to access Mystery Manor at all. game opening page behind to load and then crashes, screen goes black when about 75% loaded. itching I do will open game so I can access it and play. tech support does not reply and no one is replying here either. Please help. I have no idea what is wrong to fix it. SAD.

Thanks
    Moondancer
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Re: Game Crashes as It loads please HELP!

Post  Admin Thu May 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello there. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate inability to play.

In a case like this - I always recommend closing ALL iPad apps and restarting the device.

Closing all Apps:
    - go to your iPad home screen
    - double click your Home button to bring up the background apps bar
    - hold finger on an app in the app bar until X appears
    - press X on all the apps to close all apps

Restarting iPad
    - hold home Button and Power button together for 5 seconds

Once your iPad has reloaded, don't open any apps. Go straight to MM. See if it opens. If so - great!

If not - do a full iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad, just in case you end up doing a software restore on it. I would recommend against removing the MM apps unless GI support tells you to. I've seen people remove the App, reinstall, only to lose their character with no way of getting it back.

Let us know how it goes.
    Catie12

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Replt to game crashes

Post  Catie12 Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks so much for replying. I will take your advice and backup my IPAD on ICloud. I am not an expert with technology and this is the first game I've played. The game is not crashing today however there are many no server messages; I am unable to visit friends at a level higher than mine and when I try to enter Oceanic room, room opens then whole game closes. Of course the corals I worked hard to accumulate for entrance into room are gone. I don't know what to think or do. Different problems each day this week.
    Thanks
    moondancer
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Re: Game Crashes as It loads please HELP!

Post  Admin Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

If you have over 500+ friends, try to trim your friend list. Having more friends consumes more iPad memory when you play.
    Catie12

Post  Catie12 Sat May 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks I keep my friend list under 200. It is nice to have a forum where you actually get replies and help. Thanks so much
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Sat May 19, 2012 1:49 pm

I wouldn't think the number of friends you have would eat up memory on the pad...BUT if your ipad is near full...or if you don't keep closing out ready available programs it will cause trouble.

double tap the square and you'll get that lower panel of recently used programs...hold on until they all shake and get the red dot...then close them out via the red dot with the line...I wouldn't let that bar have more than 5 icons in it at any one time.

Catie12

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Now game crashes when I tap a friend to take into a room.???????

Post  Catie12 Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Well after a few days of playing MM with only minor problems today game is crashing as soon as I tap a friend or try to visit a friend??? I was able to play for awhile but all of a sudden game started crashing every time I tapped. Friend to take into room with me. can't play any more now. this game is aout friends helping each other so what is going on.
    I have continued to get no server responses whenever I have tried to visit friends at higher levels even though their game is updated. will the bugs ever cease???

SO VERY ANNOYING!!!! I'm done for now. hope I can play again soon!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed May 23, 2012 1:00 am

For friends that you cannot visit - leave them a message to restart their iPad.
    It helps, somewhat.
    Snookie

MM Name : Snookie

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Same problem

Post  Snookie Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 am

Sorry to jump in late on this but I am having the same problem. Loads about 75% then is a black screen. I am no iPad expert and can't find the home button referred to in the response by admin. I have shut down the device numerous time and still nothing. This has been going on since about May 19.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

This happened to me last week. I loaded the game and got to the black screen, set the iPad down for about twenty mins to eat and when I came back the game was loaded..so just be patient (:
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 am

Snookie wrote:Sorry to jump in late on this but I am having the same problem. Loads about 75% then is a black screen. I am no iPad expert and can't find the home button referred to in the response by admin. I have shut down the device numerous time and still nothing. This has been going on since about May 19.

The home button is the button on the side of your iPad opposite from the camera lens (ie parallel side). Press it once to minimize MM, then double click it and you will see all your open apps spread across the bottom of your iPad.....follow the rst of Admin's instructions from this point. Regularly closing your open apps (not just minimizing them) will save your battery life. My daughter plays games on mine and I regularly have to close what she has left minimized. :-(

Here is a link with a visual. http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad-Glossary/g/What-Is-The-iPad-Home-Button.htm
    Snookie

MM Name : Snookie

Game Crashes as It loads please HELP! Empty Great!

Post  Snookie Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Wow, I had no idea! I think every app on the iPad was open. I have closed them all and will try it again. I hope this works. Thank you all for the help.

It worked! I have been getting caught up, thank you sooooo much!
    Martino
    Martino

Friend Code : 170526
    MM Name : Martino

Post  Martino Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am

The timer under the charms (to show how much time is left) is gone since update 1.8.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 am

Martino wrote:The timer under the charms (to show how much time is left) is gone since update 1.8.

I have noticed this too and when you banish snatchins they just automatically reappear to be banished again rather than having to wait until you explored a room or visited a friend. I'm guessing there is a bug in the timer programming.
    Gouofi

Friend Code : 6873a5
    MM Name : Magdi

Post  Gouofi Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Since the new update, mine crashes any time I try to visit a friend. I can get gifts and send generic gifts but I can't see my friend's wish lists or leave tips. I can play normally just not visit friends. Any ideas?? I have about 208 friends so not a lot. It used to crash more if my friends had a high level but now even if the level is 10, I get booted. Could it be that the server is busy with updating? Any ideas would help since I feel bad not being able to send gifts/tips. Also I'd like to experience for visiting th erooms too!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Give it a few days for everything to return to normal.

Regarding banishing monsters - when I first started playing (version 1.1 I think), they would reappear immediately once you banish a monster. I guess GI decided to revert back to that behavior to prevent players from going back and forth between rooms (which eats into their bandwidth).
    maryJJ

Friend Code : 458623
    MM Name : mary

Post  maryJJ Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Has anyone successfully backed up their ipad on icloud and reset it without losing mystery manor data? I would like to know before I try that to speed my ipad up and stop crashes. Question
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 pm

If you try, read this thread first:
    http://www.mmuff.com/t73-moving-to-new-ipad
    Gouofi

Friend Code : 6873a5
    MM Name : Magdi

Post  Gouofi Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

So I have trimmed my friend list to under 200 and I still can't get to friends who's levels are above 30. I can get to lower level friends but then can't visit a higher one from there. Any suggestions? This new update is killing me. I owe a lot of gifts and can't give them!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:32 pm