Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Pirate quests queston

    Share

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2182
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Pirate quests queston

    Post  ycul on Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 am

    I have a pirate quest ? I have to find 7 sets of blueprints. I have 3 left and am finding it impossible to find. (I think I am getting paid back for finding the neptune and emerald in 2 days)

    One blueprint is the ships stern to be found in the lab. I have tried about 10 times with a turtle and cornucopia and no drop.

    One is the lifeboats blueprint. Find it by banishing the professors robots. Any idea which robot? I just finished the horrible 300 oil can quest and am really not in the mood to waste diamonds on oil cans again!

    The 3rd one is the rigging blueprint. It says I will find the needed chart in the African room. I have searched that room with a turtle and cornucopia, no kidding, not less than 30 times and nothing.

    What am I doing wrong!!!! Any body else have a hard time finding these items?

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2004
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  pianofingers on Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 am

    Don't worry about the blueprints in the African Room and Laboratory - they'll show up eventually, all it takes is patience and a lot of lucky charms & explorer helpers / tips.

    As for trading with the robots? Forget it. Don't even buy the oil cans to trade with them. Just buy the blueprint straight.

    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2300
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 34
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 am

    Those are the three I can't find as well...........even with a turtle:(


    _________________
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2004
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  pianofingers on Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 am

    Since you're almost done with building the ship, be aware that you need 7 of each Pirate to launch the ship and explore it for the first time.

    You can get them by trading with the Blackbeard snatchin using doubloons, but make sure you use a turtle when you do so.

    You'll find Blackbeard on manors of friends who have already opened the Pirate Brig.

    To explore the brig, you need cannonballs. Complete as many achievements as you can because the final rewards for some of them are chests that give cannonballs. If you need more cannonballs, you can buy doubloons with diamonds, and use those to trade with Blackbeard (it's cheaper than buying cannonballs straight).

    ycul

    Posts : 233
    Points : 2182
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  ycul on Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 am

    Thanks for the awesome tips Pianofingers. Yeah Sara we can coach each other along the way! Smile

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2378
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Mbstr8k on Fri May 18, 2012 10:12 am

    Would you three mind putting together the list of what it takes to build the ship for me? Pianofingers listed what it takes to launch and explore it, but I also want to include what it takes to build it for the room-opening guide. If you open that guide and see anything else we might need to add to explain the whole pirate ship "room" please let me know and I'll update that list.

    I appreciate the help!! I'm hoping to see the pirate ship pop up myself sometime soon, since I completed both the E and N quest a while back. I think I just need the level though.

    hawkeyegirl

    Posts : 84
    Points : 1795
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    MM Name : Santa23

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  hawkeyegirl on Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 am

    I agree with pianofingers. It took me the longest to find the lab and African room plans too, but they eventually dropped. And just buy the one from the robots! It's WAY cheaper than buying oil cans, hoping that one of the robots will drop the plan!

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2004
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  pianofingers on Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 pm

    My mistake, I forgot one important step before finding the pirates! You need to collect parts for the ship, and that means you have to request them from friends.

    So, opening the Pirate Brig has 3 steps:

    Step 1: Find blueprints
    Step 2: Request parts
    Step 3: Collect Pirates

    To find the blueprints, search the rooms as described in the quests. Nearly all can be found with a lot of patience, stacking lucky charms, and using explorer tips and helpers. Only buy 1 blueprint with diamonds - the blueprint that requires you to trade with robots.

    To assemble the parts for the ship, you need the following:

    45 pcs. Bench Plane - giftable by Level 40 & above
    45 pcs. Screw Clamp - giftable by Level 50 & above
    45 pcs. Fretsaw - giftable by Level 60 & above
    45 pcs. Hammer - giftable by Level 70 & above
    45 pcs. Brace - giftable by Level 80 & above
    1 pc. Helm - giftable by Level 90 & above
    45 pcs. Masts - giftable by Level 99 & above
    1 pc. Carcass - giftable by Level 110 & above
    45 pcs. Lifeboats - giftable by Level 150 & above
    45 pcs. Sails - giftable by Level 199 & above

    To explore the ship for the first time, you need 7 of each Pirate (5 types).

    To keep exploring the ship, you need cannonballs.

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2378
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Mbstr8k on Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 pm

    You are awesome!! Thank you. I have cut and pasted it exactly as you wrote it into the guide.

    I saw one pirate snatchins on a friend's page -- are there others? He took one doubloon and 15 energy.



    pianofingers wrote:My mistake, I forgot one important step before finding the pirates! You need to collect parts for the ship, and that means you have to request them from friends.

    So, opening the Pirate Brig has 3 steps:

    Step 1: Find blueprints
    Step 2: Request parts
    Step 3: Collect Pirates

    To find the blueprints, search the rooms as described in the quests. Nearly all can be found with a lot of patience, stacking lucky charms, and using explorer tips and helpers. Only buy 1 blueprint with diamonds - the blueprint that requires you to trade with robots.

    To assemble the parts for the ship, you need the following:

    45 pcs. Bench Plane - giftable by Level 40 & above
    45 pcs. Screw Clamp - giftable by Level 50 & above
    45 pcs. Fretsaw - giftable by Level 60 & above
    45 pcs. Hammer - giftable by Level 70 & above
    45 pcs. Brace - giftable by Level 80 & above
    1 pc. Helm - giftable by Level 90 & above
    45 pcs. Masts - giftable by Level 99 & above
    1 pc. Carcass - giftable by Level 110 & above
    45 pcs. Lifeboats - giftable by Level 150 & above
    45 pcs. Sails - giftable by Level 199 & above

    To explore the ship for the first time, you need 7 of each Pirate (5 types).

    To keep exploring the ship, you need cannonballs.

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2004
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  pianofingers on Fri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

    You'll find the Blackbeard snatchin' on manors of friends who have already opened the Pirate Brig. When you banish him (takes a gold doubloon and 15 energy), he will give you 10 cannonballs. He may also give you one of five pirates from the Famous Pirates (collection #80) - Captain Hook, Captain Blood, John Silver, Tiger Lee and Somalian. You need 7 of each to get into the ship the very first time.

    But be sure to use a turtle whenever you banish him, because if not he'll only give you the cannonballs. If you're lucky, he gives you two pirates. I sometimes launch a turtle just to trade with him, because a cannonball drop is harder to get than a turtle of luck (thanks to Chic on a Beach).

    Once you have Blackbeard on your own manor, don't worry about banishing him. He's like Joe the Farmer ninja, he always comes back and will follow you around on every manor you visit.

    paulinelhg

    Posts : 302
    Points : 2075
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2012-06-18
    Location : Singapore
    MM Name : Pauline

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  paulinelhg on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

    ycul wrote:I have a pirate quest ? I have to find 7 sets of blueprints. I have 3 left and am finding it impossible to find. (I think I am getting paid back for finding the neptune and emerald in 2 days)

    One blueprint is the ships stern to be found in the lab. I have tried about 10 times with a turtle and cornucopia and no drop.

    One is the lifeboats blueprint. Find it by banishing the professors robots. Any idea which robot? I just finished the horrible 300 oil can quest and am really not in the mood to waste diamonds on oil cans again!

    The 3rd one is the rigging blueprint. It says I will find the needed chart in the African room. I have searched that room with a turtle and cornucopia, no kidding, not less than 30 times and nothing.

    What am I doing wrong!!!! Any body else have a hard time finding these items?

    me too! Exactly as described!!! turtle n golden clover n explorer tips, but nothing for more than 15 x African room and lab. African room rigging blueprint drop first today.

    Determined to get the laboratory map today i tried turtle, cornucopia and explorer tip, 6x and nothing. i'm limited by lack of batteries. gave up, bought the lifeboat blueprint and laboratory blueprint.

    when claiming the reward, i saw this word "rear" does this mean this blueprint is the last to be found and i wasted all the batteries and energies beforehand?
    scratch

    paulinelhg

    Posts : 302
    Points : 2075
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2012-06-18
    Location : Singapore
    MM Name : Pauline

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  paulinelhg on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

    pianofingers wrote:Don't worry about the blueprints in the African Room and Laboratory - they'll show up eventually, all it takes is patience and a lot of lucky charms & explorer helpers / tips.

    As for trading with the robots? Forget it. Don't even buy the oil cans to trade with them. Just buy the blueprint straight.

    That is so true! i had the blueprint quest along with the banish vacuum, TV and musical robots quest and spent 300 diamonds to buy all the oil cans and banished them and there is no blueprint dropped.

    And Thank you for the list to build the ship, now I know who to ask Smile pirat

    Holley

    Posts : 26
    Points : 1761
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-27
    Location : Texas

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Holley on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

    When did yall complete the pirate quest? I've been stuck on Neptune for over a month, only quest I have; and I'm just wondering what's to come? Or if I missed something... I'm getting REAL bored with Neptune... Sad

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2826
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Admin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 am

    Willingh wrote:When did yall complete the pirate quest? I've been stuck on Neptune for over a month, only quest I have; and I'm just wondering what's to come? Or if I missed something... I'm getting REAL bored with Neptune... Sad

    You should just buy the phenomenon summon item and use the exit-game-retry trick if you do not get Neptune. It's pointless to do it the regular way as you'll be stuck with it for months (as I was with Neptune).

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2095
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:35 am

    paulinelhg wrote:That is so true! i had the blueprint quest along with the banish vacuum, TV and musical robots quest and spent 300 diamonds to buy all the oil cans and banished them and there is no blueprint dropped.
    That's exactly what happened to me. I thought - two birds, 300 oilcans, Wink but nothing... endet up buying that one as well.

    @pianofingers thx for the 7 pirate hints

    lost my only over 199 friend a few days ago... how am I ever going to get all those sails?

    Mbstr8k

    Posts : 483
    Points : 2378
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Mbstr8k on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm

    LaVentosa wrote:
    paulinelhg wrote:That is so true! i had the blueprint quest along with the banish vacuum, TV and musical robots quest and spent 300 diamonds to buy all the oil cans and banished them and there is no blueprint dropped.
    That's exactly what happened to me. I thought - two birds, 300 oilcans, Wink but nothing... endet up buying that one as well.

    @pianofingers thx for the 7 pirate hints

    lost my only over 199 friend a few days ago... how am I ever going to get all those sails?


    I rarely use the synthesizer, but the 300 oil can and sails quests drove me to it.....

    On another note, I had 15....yep...15, oil cans drop yesterday during a 3 hr energy/turtle run. Why couldn't they drop like that before the quests? Now, I'm afraid to use them. Who knows what Gi has stored ahead for us?

    LaVentosa

    Posts : 363
    Points : 2095
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  LaVentosa on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 pm

    Mbstr8k wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:lost my only over 199 friend a few days ago... how am I ever going to get all those sails?
    I rarely use the synthesizer, but the 300 oil can and sails quests drove me to it.....
    Ha! got a new and really nice over lvl200 friend for those sails... Smile
    Mbstr8k wrote: On another note, I had 15....yep...15, oil cans drop yesterday during a 3 hr energy/turtle run. Why couldn't they drop like that before the quests? Now, I'm afraid to use them. Who knows what Gi has stored ahead for us?
    Oh, come on - you only live... well... not sure about that, but "carpe diem"! enjoy! - the next event is probably far away, right now we do monsters and fireworks, who nows what the future brings! theres bubble gum and morganas masks out there waiting for us! Very Happy
    (why the ***** did they do two events at once anyway instead of splitting them and keeping the dry spell in the next weeks at bay???) Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pirate quests queston

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:09 am


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 am