MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+30
Sablesrgreat
rab
wwragmom
myersli
Demdike
Rumorkid
Scottishlassie
Cajamina
ii
Ammie3a
Neodymm
Amelia
xoraique
Mbstr8k
Krissy
Vovan23mvp
gemfinder
JenMomma5476
Soozicle
LaVentosa
Shadowcat
rales2456
Dazza JP
MI mystery manor
mlle. scarlett
Rommo35
Admin
croman419
hippolyra
sygon
34 posters

Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours.

sygon

MM Name : Sygon

Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours. Empty Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours.

Post  sygon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 am

With the 1.8 upgrade I managed to complete the Emerald string of quests in less than 2 hours and for about 50 diamonds (It may take you slightly more).

In the following posts I will discuss how I did it.

Make sure you read and understand all the posts before you attempt this. I can not be held responsible if it doesn't work for you.

Last edited by sygon on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    sygon

Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours. Empty Re: Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours.

Post  sygon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 am

You will need

1 silver sun.
    1 turtle of luck.
    1 Golden Pheonix.
    1 copper elephant.
    approx 100 diamonds
    Whatever tools help you clear rooms.

Before you start try to have as many rooms filled with phenom or curses as possible.

I think there are only 10 rooms to worry about.
    Hallway
    Living room
    Kitchen
    Garden
    Hunting
    Africa
    Bathroom
    Dressing room
    Library
    Bedroom
    sygon

Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours. Empty Re: Corset, Neptune, Emerald in 2 hours.

Post  sygon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:24 am

I Think my string of quests went.

Margaritta Cocktail
    B52 Cocktail
    Tenderness Desert
    Tirimasu
    amber comb
    ??? Candle
    Corset
    Neptune
    Emerald.

Each of these quests require you to find an item in a spesific room with a specific phenonena (doop doo be do be).

For which ever quest you are on make sure that the room is empty of curse or phenomana (doop do bee dooo).(unless it is the phenomnum you want of course).

Then buy (with diamonds)the phenom casting charm for the phenom required for the quest and cast it. If the phenom does not go to your room buy and cast again until it does (if you have a lot of rooms with phenom or curses in to start with this shouldn't take too long.)

Last edited by sygon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sygon

Post  sygon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 am

You will be using 2 techniques discussed elsewhere on the site so go and read them to make sure you understand how they work.

The first is the quick energy replemishment.

Start the turtle of luck.
    Start the copper Elephant.
    Start the Silver sun
    (there are ways to get better useage out of these items if you read the other thread)
    When the elephant ends visit a friend and return you will be prompted to use another item. Select Golden Pheonix.

Your energy will now be growing at 1 a second for the next hour and a half.
    sygon

Post  sygon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 am

Now attempt the room. Do not banish the phenom. (check that your quest item is listed in the list of winnable items before you start)

This next section is also discussed elsewhere on the forum.

When you complete the room on the screen with your winnings DO NOT EXIT.

Check that you won the item you are trying win. If you won it, exit the room and move onto the next quest.

If you did not win the item DO NOT EXIT(and for the later quests this could happen a number of times) press the home button on the front of the IPAD.

From the IPAD home screen shut down the application. (If you are not comfortable with doing this dont't do it). To do this drag up the screen with 4 fingers and you will see a list AT THE BOTTOM of running apps. Hold the MM app and then tap the minus sign (If it asks you about removing the app do not do it you are in the wrong place.).

Now return to MM and the phenom will still be in the room . You will have lost energy but as you are replemishing that at super fast rates that is not a problem.

Repeat until you do get the quest item.

When you have the item do not get rid of the curse from the room.

Go onto your next quest If you already have the correct phenom in the correct room enter as before. If not complete the room and complete the room to remove the curse and then buy the casting object as before.

Repeat until all quests are finnished.

Note. For neptune and emerald I visited the fortune telling room before I started on the quest room. I dont know if this was required but I did it because other people had.
    hippolyra

Friend Code : Ae750b
    MM Name : Hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 am

this is a very good idea. Thanks

croman419

Post  croman419 Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:53 pm

You are my hero. I did it on less then 20 minutes and I was on the neptune quest for two months. Also just to point out when you exit after failing to find the neptune, emerald etc, and come back to try again the timers are reset as well as your energy so os like you never lost it to begin with
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 pm

croman419 wrote:You are my hero. I did it on less then 20 minutes and I was on the neptune quest for two months. Also just to point out when you exit after failing to find the neptune, emerald etc, and come back to try again the timers are reset as well as your energy so os like you never lost it to begin with

I took care of Neptune a few days ago in a similar manner.
    Once I got Neptune, it was just a matter of buying one item to summon the Idol in the bedroom for the Emerald.

Plan ahead, and this series of quests can be completed in a very short time.
    Rommo35
    Rommo35

Friend Code : 568e87
    MM Name : Rommo35

Post  Rommo35 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 am

a big thanks!! was able to complete in a little under an hour.

*sigh of relief*

...i was on that quest for months
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks so much for this advice! Ijust got corset and was dreading the others after reading so much about them. I won't be able to play much for awhile but will report back when I do!
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Reporting back with my corset/ neptune/ emerald quests:

SUCCESS! in less than two hours. First of all, I had many phenomenon and curses in my rooms after the amber comb quest and knowing what was coming, I left them in place. I used a charm to summon the mist to the dressing room.,used a turtle and an explorer helper and found the corset on the first try. Left the curse there. I already had the right phenomenon in the bathroom and using an explorer helper again, got the neptune on the second try. I turned my pad off in between attempts as explained and, sure enough, the phenomenon was still in place when I rebooted. For the emerald quest I had to use 2 charms before I got the idol in the correct room. The first time through I forgot to go to the fortune telling room first. No success, shut down the pad. Next time through I went through both rooms, no success. The third time I decided to use a magnet inaddition to the turtle and explorer helper and success! so in all, I did 1 try for the corset, 2 for the neptune and 3 for the emerald and I don't even count one of thosee tries because I had forgotten to go to the fortune telling room. I didn't do any charms to speed up energy count but did use 1 breakfast. I also couldn't get any tips from explorer friends because so many haven't upgraded yet! so, THANK! this advice really works! now, what comes next? Should I leave my curses/ phenomenon in place??
    MI mystery manor

Post  MI mystery manor Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 pm

i did it with the corset.. but the neptune quest didn't work.. i did it more than 15 times with mist phenomenan .. any idea?!
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:44 pm

mlle. scarlett wrote:Reporting back with my corset/ neptune/ emerald quests:

SUCCESS! in less than two hours. First of all, I had many phenomenon and curses in my rooms after the amber comb quest and knowing what was coming, I left them in place. I used a charm to summon the mist to the dressing room.,used a turtle and an explorer helper and found the corset on the first try. Left the curse there. I already had the right phenomenon in the bathroom and using an explorer helper again, got the neptune on the second try. I turned my pad off in between attempts as explained and, sure enough, the phenomenon was still in place when I rebooted. For the emerald quest I had to use 2 charms before I got the idol in the correct room. The first time through I forgot to go to the fortune telling room first. No success, shut down the pad. Next time through I went through both rooms, no success. The third time I decided to use a magnet inaddition to the turtle and explorer helper and success! so in all, I did 1 try for the corset, 2 for the neptune and 3 for the emerald and I don't even count one of thosee tries because I had forgotten to go to the fortune telling room. I didn't do any charms to speed up energy count but did use 1 breakfast. I also couldn't get any tips from explorer friends because so many haven't upgraded yet! so, THANK! this advice really works! now, what comes next? Should I leave my curses/ phenomenon in place??

I don't remember any more quests where you need phenomnenons in rooms, just ones where you have to collect certain amounts of items, so sure you are now safe to just banish them as normal.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 pm

I did it too.. didn't use any charms at all.. Made sure all my rooms had phenomena's in them and used helpers... took a few tries but did those three in about a half hour!
    MI mystery manor

Post  MI mystery manor Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 pm

oh.. i did it.. Great IDEA.. thanks so much.. those were the fastest quests for me to do...
    may b the neptune quest took me 20 times to find it
    but the corset: 1 time and the emerald: 3 times only
    i searched the fortune telling room b4 both

THANK YOUUUUUU
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

thanks for the feedback Dazza. I'll get busy cleaning up all those phenomenae now! and catching monkees!
    rales2456

Friend Code : 35d41d
    MM Name : rales

Post  rales2456 Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 am

i am on the neptune quest at the moment, and have phenoms in all rooms except the bathroom.... whenever i buy the prospero's book to summon the mist to the bathroom, it takes my diamonds, but the mist doesn't come, and the book is gone from my inventory...... is this a glitch????? any help would be greatly appreciated, this quest string is giving me the serious willies.....

thanks, rales
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:56 am

rales2456 wrote:i am on the neptune quest at the moment, and have phenoms in all rooms except the bathroom.... whenever i buy the prospero's book to summon the mist to the bathroom, it takes my diamonds, but the mist doesn't come, and the book is gone from my inventory...... is this a glitch????? any help would be greatly appreciated, this quest string is giving me the serious willies.....

thanks, rales

What mode is the bathroom in currently? Is there perhaps a curse left in there? If not, I would submit a ticket with the developers.
    rales2456

Post  rales2456 Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 am

Shadowcat wrote:
    rales2456 wrote:i am on the neptune quest at the moment, and have phenoms in all rooms except the bathroom.... whenever i buy the prospero's book to summon the mist to the bathroom, it takes my diamonds, but the mist doesn't come, and the book is gone from my inventory...... is this a glitch????? any help would be greatly appreciated, this quest string is giving me the serious willies.....

thanks, rales

What mode is the bathroom in currently? Is there perhaps a curse left in there? If not, I would submit a ticket with the developers.

the room is currently in the curse of the evil eye mode.... should i get it back to normal mode before i try to summon the mist again???? if that's all it takes, i will kick myself..... than for the quick reply....
    rales
    rales2456

Post  rales2456 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 am

rales2456 wrote:
    Shadowcat wrote:

thanks, rales

the room is currently in the curse of the evil eye mode.... should i get it back to normal mode before i try to summon the mist again???? if that's all it takes, i will kick myself..... than for the quick reply....
    rales

ok, that was right, i'll know that for next time, unfortunately i can't get back the crap-load of diamonds that i just wasted Sad
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:07 am

You could try submitting a complaint to dev. I'm not sure they ever explicitly say that the phenoms won't go in rooms with a curse. Worse thing is they say no, but you might get diamonds or, more likely, the books back.

They have returned oil cans to me a couple of times since the robots aren't registering on my quest.
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 am

Oh i have the corset quest. So i am about to get Neptune. Feels like i have reached a MM milestone!

Aim for this and reaching level 99 in the same session i think.
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 pm

@ hippolyra
    after reading so many complaints about the neptune/ emerald quest, I was dreading getting them, but the tips here about how to keep the phenom in the room until you are able to find the item made it pretty easy. Keep in mind that you will need to sign out of the game before picking up your experience points, so you may not level up too quickly.
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks!

Does the phenom come to room which are in night mode?

just trying to set my manor up for when I next run a turtle.

LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:36 pm

hippolyra wrote:Thanks!
    Does the phenom come to room which are in night mode?
    just trying to set my manor up for when I next run a turtle.
    They used to avoid the night rooms until a few updates ago (Admin made a point to investigate this thoroughly Wink ), but since the 1.9 update it seems to not to bother them anymore. I've had them floating in nightmode-rooms in my manor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am