MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+12
Nat
Tita
ycul
smeeks1986
Juud
Waterkitsune
Jillllll
Trekker
slfranci
PegWalt
engineer
Admin
16 posters

The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!!

The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:57 am

Just entered the code for this weekend and got two cups of coffee YAY!!!!!!

And then my game crashed and I lost them BOOOO!!!!
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty git items on wall

Post  ycul Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 am

to sfinley ibrahim: I keep most of my collected gift items on the wall until I need them. Is this avery bad idea? You said you lost all yours. Does it happen often?

The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 pm

ycul wrote:to sfinley ibrahim: I keep most of my collected gift items on the wall until I need them. Is this avery bad idea? You said you lost all yours. Does it happen often?

I have lost items 6 times in the last two weeks. One time I had around one hundred items (including 5 collection items) disappear from my gifts when the game crashed. Now every time I get gifts I open all of them then completely shut down the game. Then I reopen to complete trades/ send collection items or visit friends.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Is it just me or is it super annoying when people offer a trade and then never send the items? Or when they have something on their wish list and you offer it for something else and they don't even respond? I've decided to start writing down trade offers and if I don't get a response it is an automatic delete. Really, how long does it take to type no? Also I have a few friends that are over lvl 99 and have sent wall requests for those items multiple times and they never send them. I understood before when wall requests counted toward your daily count but why not send them now?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:42 am

Not sending wall requests, I don't understand. It is free.

However, with other types of trades, I find that sometimes, people forget if they have to wait for their timer. That is why I leave all my trade messages undeleted on my wall so I can refer back to them. Even so - I have missed one a few days ago. Luckily, my friend pointed out that I didn't send the item, so I apologized and sent it right away. Very Happy
    Tita

Friend Code : 580034
    MM Name : Tita

Post  Tita Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 am

Once i requested for mobius bow through wall n a friend replied that he's also in need an therefore can't send. Tried to explain that it's a free gift and won't be taken from his inventory, plus i also recommend him to visit this forum seeing that he's at lvl 27 but haven't really figure out that there is free gift.

Somehow he end up saying can't send what he doesn't have and deleted me as friend confused

I just can't understand that someone can play the game, reached lvl 27, have more than 50 friends but still doesn't know about the free gifts scratch
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 am

sfinley ibrahim wrote:Is it just me or is it super annoying when people offer a trade and then never send the items? Or when they have something on their wish list and you offer it for something else and they don't even respond? I've decided to start writing down trade offers and if I don't get a response it is an automatic delete. Really, how long does it take to type no? Also I have a few friends that are over lvl 99 and have sent wall requests for those items multiple times and they never send them. I understood before when wall requests counted toward your daily count but why not send them now?
    Yeah, I'm guilty of not responding "no". I can't come up with a polite way to say, "yeah, you don't have anything i want, so it's not a good trade for me." I always respond if I do want to trade (obviously), and send items right away. I also keep my wall messages for things that are "action items" eg. send gift, hear back about trade, wait for collection item, lent an item, etc.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am

engineer wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:Is it just me or is it super annoying when people offer a trade and then never send the items? Or when they have something on their wish list and you offer it for something else and they don't even respond? I've decided to start writing down trade offers and if I don't get a response it is an automatic delete. Really, how long does it take to type no? Also I have a few friends that are over lvl 99 and have sent wall requests for those items multiple times and they never send them. I understood before when wall requests counted toward your daily count but why not send them now?
    Yeah, I'm guilty of not responding "no". I can't come up with a polite way to say, "yeah, you don't have anything i want, so it's not a good trade for me." I always respond if I do want to trade (obviously), and send items right away. I also keep my wall messages for things that are "action items" eg. send gift, hear back about trade, wait for collection item, lent an item, etc.

I only offer trades for items that are on their wish list or for something they don't have at all. It's not like I'm offering a fork for a compass. There have been a few times that someone has asked me for a trade with an item I don't really need. When that happens I check their collection and send a counter offer and they usually say yes. I would rather get "sorry but that trade doesn't work for me right now" than get no response. At least when I get a no I can move on to the next person to offer a trade.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Just to add to this - I have received some deals that I thought was unbalanced and favors the other person. Despite that, I understand that the persons asking needed the items much more than I do, so I agreed to the deals. Quite a few times, they came back days later to leave other gifts as an added thank you for the nice gesture. For the most part, players do know the value of items.

Likewise, there were times when I went to players asking for super rare items (like Mermaid Bathtub items) and they would offer it to me for an item that isn't even rare. What I always end up doing is accepting the trade, and then going back in the following days to gift them additional items in their wishlist to show my appreciation.

engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:22 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:

I only offer trades for items that are on their wish list or for something they don't have at all. It's not like I'm offering a fork for a compass. There have been a few times that someone has asked me for a trade with an item I don't really need. When that happens I check their collection and send a counter offer and they usually say yes. I would rather get "sorry but that trade doesn't work for me right now" than get no response. At least when I get a no I can move on to the next person to offer a trade. [/quote]

You're right, I usually will trade for something that I don't have. I guess I get offers for trade that are like "Would you like to trade your XX for something of mine?" Then I have to go to their manor and scroll through things looking for something I need. Most often if they're a lower-level player they don't have anything in the collections I'm working on.

Whenever I offer to trade I always say "Would you like to trade your XX for my YY?" to make it very easy and clear. I think it's more successful that way.

EDIT: Oh, and also, I usually try to trade items within the same collection because then it's most likely going to complete their collection and be a benefit, and the items will be about equal in value. But I agree, most people do realize the value of the items they're trading and try to make it fair where possible.
    Nat

Friend Code : 7b6083

Post  Nat Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 am

I love a good trade! But I'm finding it really annoying when someone sends me something I didn't need, tells me about it, then asks for something harder to find or of more value. At that point I feel obligated because they sent their part of the "trade" already.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:19 pm

I've had that happen and I sent back the item. Sorry but I'm not sending a flask to you when you send me a tooth fairy (of which I have like 15!). I randomly send out items that I see my friends don't have if I don't have their wish list item. But I don't ask for anything in return. I just like sending stuff:)
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Yup Nat, just send it back. Wink

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

And if the friend has a problem with it there is a nifty little box with a X in it. DELETE:)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 am

Haha! That is brilliant. I haven't done that before. Usually, I accept the item, then message them saying that I do not wish to part with whatever they were asking for and to pick something else. They usually pick something much more reasonable the second time around.
    Nat

Friend Code : 7b6083

Post  Nat Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 am

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that next time. It hasn't happened since I told the person we should agree on trades before they happen.

The best is that unspoken agreement to just gift off wish lists.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeah I'm gonna whine some more........... I just lost 6 collection items and at least 25 mystery gifts when my game crashed. *sigh*
    It is frustrating to lose the items but what really bothers me is that I don't know who sent them so I can't gift in return. I know it's just a game but that really really bothers me! Grrrrr stupid crashing!!!
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 pm

That's awful, Sara, you've been having a terrible time with the game crashing. Sad
    LaneyK
    LaneyK

Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

Post  LaneyK Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I am so sick of the the rassa-frassin "dear player, Internet connection...." message. For example, I've been trying constantly for the last hour and a half to visit one friend so I can tip and gift him back but it won't let me - aaarrrrggghhhhhhh!!!
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 am

Nat wrote:I love a good trade! But I'm finding it really annoying when someone sends me something I didn't need, tells me about it, then asks for something harder to find or of more value. At that point I feel obligated because they sent their part of the "trade" already.

This has happened a lot to me just lately. Urgh. I feel your pain!
    sygon

MM Name : Sygon

Post  sygon Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 am

It has probably been brought up elsewhere but it bugs me each time I scroll past it.

IT'S QUEEN ELIZABETH II on the stamp not Queen Victoria.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 am

sygon wrote:It has probably been brought up elsewhere but it bugs me each time I scroll past it.

REALLY???!

And more curiously... how do you know? Shocked
    sygon

MM Name : Sygon

Post  sygon Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 am

Admin wrote:
    sygon wrote:It has probably been brought up elsewhere but it bugs me each time I scroll past it.

REALLY???!

And more curiously... how do you know? Shocked

I'm English, she is The Queen, that is our current stamp. Queen Victoria died over 100 years ago. If they had a stamp for Abraham Lincoln and used a picture of Obama you would probably notice.
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 am

Ha ha Well said, it annoyed me too :-)

Post  Guest Mon May 14, 2012 2:36 pm

I am coming very close to hanging up my mystery manor hat and giving all my stuff away. I haven't been able to visit anyone in days! I was hoping the new update would fix my crashing problems but so far it has changed nothing. For all if my friends here...... Thank you so much for the many gifts you have sent me, I truly do appreciate them. Please post to my wall anything you need sent back because I am unable to visit your manor to see what you may need!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm