Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Share

    Debinapril

    Posts : 141
    Points : 1843
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  Debinapril on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

    This is a weird one and has happened several times. I go hunting snatchins and the game gets stuck and I can banish as many of that snatchin (bookworm, hungry, snowdoll etc) as I would like or however many as my stock of tools will allow. As I have 1500 (3 chests-worth) I can keep going for a long time! Anyone else discovered this?

    JazzLamb

    Posts : 49
    Points : 1789
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-11

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  JazzLamb on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 pm

    Debinapril wrote:This is a weird one and has happened several times. I go hunting snatchins and the game gets stuck and I can banish as many of that snatchin (bookworm, hungry, snowdoll etc) as I would like or however many as my stock of tools will allow. As I have 1500 (3 chests-worth) I can keep going for a long time! Anyone else discovered this?

    Yes, I have had that twice. Kinda nice!

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2063
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  engineer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 pm

    Debinapril wrote:This is a weird one and has happened several times. I go hunting snatchins and the game gets stuck and I can banish as many of that snatchin (bookworm, hungry, snowdoll etc) as I would like or however many as my stock of tools will allow. As I have 1500 (3 chests-worth) I can keep going for a long time! Anyone else discovered this?
    Yep this was mentioned in another thread somewhere. I get the bug when visiting friends in the "Pending" tab most often. However, I'll warn you that when you start banishing them you can run out of the banishing item without knowing it and end up losing a lot of diamonds if it's an Ear-Twisting or Snowdoll one. However, you do get all your experience and items very quickly!

    CheezerWhizzer

    Posts : 100
    Points : 1840
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-02

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  CheezerWhizzer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:14 pm

    I've had it happen with gypsies as well. Wish I could make it happen....

    Brescot

    Posts : 16
    Points : 1722
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-03
    Friend Code : F6a748
    MM Name : Scobre the boycotter

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  Brescot on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

    Sure was nice when I needed to get that achievement for banning all those thieving snatchins.

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2063
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  engineer on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 pm

    CheezerWhizzer wrote:I've had it happen with gypsies as well. Wish I could make it happen....
    When I found the ear twisting snatching that "stuck" I found that I could banish him 50 or so times, come back to my manor, then return the the friends manor, click on the same snatching and he would stick again. So, I can't make it happen, but I know that once you find one that sticks, he'll always stick for you. (ok I don't really know about "always" but I was able to come back repeatedly in order to use all 1500 items on him...)

    mariahorn

    Posts : 21
    Points : 1709
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-21

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  mariahorn on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:03 pm

    What do you mean when you say stuck? Is it just reappearing elsewhere in manor after banishing (like from recent update), or is it physically not moving and allowing you to banish repeatedly?

    engineer

    Posts : 284
    Points : 2063
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  engineer on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:38 pm

    mariahorn wrote:What do you mean when you say stuck? Is it just reappearing elsewhere in manor after banishing (like from recent update), or is it physically not moving and allowing you to banish repeatedly?
    The pop up screen that has the picture of the banishing item stays up on the screen. That allows you to hit the banish button repeatedly very quickly. You don't have to wait for the snatchin to regen then wander over the UFO...then get stuck under another creature...you get the idea Wink

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2001
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  pianofingers on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 am

    This happened for me 3x, all on different manors and with 3 types of snatchins (Bookworm, Ear-twistin, and Grubby). I finished my whole stash of firecrackers, suction guns and horns with those magic sticky windows!

    Wow, talk about fast and easy leveling up! When you're finally out of weapons and you begrudgingly close the miraculous window, there is a scary moment when all the thousands of coins and mobius bows cover your whole screen and it seems your app has crashed - but if you just wait patiently, they will register, so don't worry.

    Engineer, I tried going back to that friend's manor, but couldn't make it happen again. I'm still looking for the 'magic', and how to trigger it, specifically for Snowdolls, Thievin's, and Hungry's.

    Debinapril

    Posts : 141
    Points : 1843
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  Debinapril on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 am

    I must admit it appears to 'stick' fairly randomly and yes it has happened with the male gypsy too. I usually hit the button 10 times let the game absorb the instruction (starts moving again in the background) and then carry on. I usually go in blocks of 20 - 30. Let's face it that's 1000 - 1500 exp!!!! Brilliant. Very Happy It helps use up all the tools quickly too, I still have nearly a 1000 of each.

    sygon

    Posts : 17
    Points : 1695
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Location : England
    MM Name : Sygon

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  sygon on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 am

    BEWARE when using this. The first time I did it, when I had run out of fire crackers, it changed from Bannish to Buy and Bannish on the button.

    The second time I did it with Ear twisting and when I ran out of bannishing items the screen didn't change it continued to say you have (Item Pic) and just Bannish, by the time I noticed it was removing diamonds, I was down over 700 diamonds. (back to the synthesizer for me).

    Debinapril

    Posts : 141
    Points : 1843
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  Debinapril on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 am

    sygon wrote:BEWARE when using this. The first time I did it, when I had run out of fire crackers, it changed from Bannish to Buy and Bannish on the button.

    The second time I did it with Ear twisting and when I ran out of bannishing items the screen didn't change it continued to say you have (Item Pic) and just Bannish, by the time I noticed it was removing diamonds, I was down over 700 diamonds. (back to the synthesizer for me).

    Wow you lost 700 diamonds!!!!! I suppose it's not a concern for me because I live very hand-to-mouth and rarely have more than a couple of diamonds. I get diamonds from people adding me or from levelling up that's all.If I have 10 diamonds I think that's great! I can't imagine having or losing so many. Sad

    pianofingers

    Posts : 262
    Points : 2001
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  pianofingers on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am

    Oh yay I got it to happen again! This time on the Thieving Snatchin! But drat, my other hand knocked out the window before I was done with my stash. Mad

    Debinapril wrote:Wow you lost 700 diamonds!!!!! I suppose it's not a concern for me because I live very hand-to-mouth and rarely have more than a couple of diamonds. I get diamonds from people adding me or from levelling up that's all.If I have 10 diamonds I think that's great! I can't imagine having or losing so many. Sad

    Same here, I only use the synth when I need diamonds for a specific purpose, and then I spend them right away. I don't hoard diamonds because it's too easy to lose them unknowingly (Mystery Manor puts in so many ways to spend diamonds by mistake). It will save you a lot of heartache if you only store a few diamonds at a time, so that in case of any accidental purchase (which happens often!), you only lose a few. Hand to mouth is best!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sticking while banishing snatchins

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:37 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:37 pm