MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+10
mlle. scarlett
Amelia
Dazza JP
Caz
Debinapril
CheezerWhizzer
pianofingers
engineer
gherkinkhan
JenMomma5476
14 posters

Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends

JenMomma5476

MM Name : Mommy

Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends Empty Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends

Post  JenMomma5476 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 pm

I certainly hope I'm doing this right as it is the first time I have posted in this forum.

I have the most incredible friends in this game who are always extremely generous. They gift me so many collection items on a daily basis. I always want to repay their generosity, but when they are at a significantly higher level than I it is so difficult. I never have any of the items on their wish list and when I look through their collections they have like 30 of every item. If there are items they are missing I don't have them either.

How do lower level players show appreciation to those that seem to have everything? I gift charging items and wake helpers (don't leave tips since I am a banker) but that seems so minimal. Is there another way to balance the give and take between players of drastically different levels?
    gherkinkhan

Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends Empty Re: Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends

Post  gherkinkhan Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:51 pm

JenMomma5476 wrote:I certainly hope I'm doing this right as it is the first time I have posted in this forum.

I have the most incredible friends in this game who are always extremely generous. They gift me so many collection items on a daily basis. I always want to repay their generosity, but when they are at a significantly higher level than I it is so difficult. I never have any of the items on their wish list and when I look through their collections they have like 30 of every item. If there are items they are missing I don't have them either.

How do lower level players show appreciation to those that seem to have everything? I gift charging items and wake helpers (don't leave tips since I am a banker) but that seems so minimal. Is there another way to balance the give and take between players of drastically different levels?

Charge items are awesome, but a good part of the game is also social. I have it up on my wall to stop by and say hi. Smile I love that. I'm not high level, but do gift like crazy. Razz
    engineer
    engineer

Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends Empty Re: Showing Appreciation to High Level Friends

Post  engineer Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 pm

JenMomma5476 wrote:I certainly hope I'm doing this right as it is the first time I have posted in this forum.

I'm a fairly high level player (lvl ~130), and I always make sure to have 1 or 2 charge items on my wish list for this reason. I really do appreciate it when friends come by and send me charge items from my list. I'm also not one of these people who refuses to charge collections in order to get 1 of everything. So, I also appreciate collection items that will help me charge a collection--even a knife or tooth fairy! Also, a lot of people are trying to complete the achievement where you banish 300 Old Gypsy Women, so gifts of stuffed rabbits are always appreciated as well! Hope that helps Smile
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Just send back your mystery gifts, wake their sleepers, and yes, what gherkinkhan said is important: drop a note on their wall, to say Hi or Thank You. It's a great way to show appreciation. For high level players who have everything, usually that's the main thing they're looking for -- to know that their efforts are of help to you, and that you appreciate what they do. Smile

It also wouldn't hurt to ask what they need. Being high level players, they would know what level can gift what items, and so they may ask you for, maybe, a mobius bow or desert sand (by the way, Heart of Africa charging items are always welcome). They can't request for a charging item unless they have nearly zero of it, so it would be great if you could help them stock up before that happens. Very Happy
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:35 pm

I am always needing the pink möbius. I seem to go through thousands!
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 am

engineer wrote:I'm a fairly high level player (lvl ~130), and I always make sure to have 1 or 2 charge items on my wish list for this reason. I really do appreciate it when friends come by and send me charge items from my list. I'm also not one of these people who refuses to charge collections in order to get 1 of everything. So, I also appreciate collection items that will help me charge a collection--even a knife or tooth fairy! Also, a lot of people are trying to complete the achievement where you banish 300 Old Gypsy Women, so gifts of stuffed rabbits are always appreciated as well! Hope that helps Smile

The idea of having a few charge items on a WL is a really good one and I've adopted that now - thanks.

I know how the OP feels, I feel that way about the multple gifting thing. It just won't work for me, it's so quick. I feel so guilty sometimes accepting all these collection items and all I have to offer in return is a few tips and a couple of gifts (charge item & collection). I salve my conscience by gifting and tipping low level friends, so you see it happens to us all whatever level we are. Besides I get a real kick out of helping someone especially if they search me out and say thank you. Smile
    Caz
    Caz

MM Name : Caz

Post  Caz Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 am

Hi all, first time poster here. I'm quite a high level (211) and I'm always having my lower level friends asking what can they send me in return for gifts I send. I had so many good friends who helped me that I just love to help others out without the expectation of getting anything back. Of course, Heart of Africa charging items are always welcome!! Have a great day all Very Happy
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am

I'm now at level 113, I never expect anything back from lower level players, but charging items for the african collections seem to be everyones favourites !!!
    Amelia

Friend Code : 8cec74
    MM Name : Amelia

Post  Amelia Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

Great tips!

I have always wondered if what I am gifting back to my high level friends is appropriate. Usually I leave a few tips/wake helpers, send a gift of some sort (even if it is a Schrodinger Crate) and leave a note of thanks!
    JenMomma5476

MM Name : Mommy

Post  JenMomma5476 Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. It's nice to know that I am doing everything I can for these friends.
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I am an explorer so I am sure to tip the rooms of my very generous friends...and I " pay it forward" by gifting my friends who are at lower levels and accepting new low level friends.
    truperduper

Friend Code : 67e0e5
    MM Name : Truperduper

Post  truperduper Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 am

There is something special/different about this game, most of us end up spending more time gifting to our friends then actually playing the game!
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 am

yes, I consider it more a social media game than a hidden object game. Without my friends, I would have gotten fed up and quit really quickly.
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:00 am

CheezerWhizzer wrote:I am always needing the pink möbius. I seem to go through thousands!
    I never have enough of these either as well as the (green) Klein vases.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:19 am

I suggest coconuts! High level players love them geek
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

Post  Jae Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 am

Hi,

This is a very helpful thread. While I leave room tips (I'm a scientist), send gifts, and often write note of thanks, I wasn't savvy to the Heart of Africa collection continuing to be a key one to higher level friends. I'll also file away the idea of sending basic charging items Smile

I find the biggest challenge is my almost 200 friends...how do you decide who to send your 50 free items to, aside from the obvious generous friends? And do you send the 50 gifts every day? I've tried being reciprocal to those that gift me but sometimes it takes more time than I have available Sad I also like supporting newer players.

I've also found that it's more efficient to respond to wall requests. But once I gift them from my gifting wall, it keeps me from responding to their wall reqs until I reset.

Thanks for bringing this question to the forum.

Jae Smile

Last edited by Jae Gamer on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Jae Wink.

Before I learned how to multi-gift I would rotate the fifty gifts amongst my friends. Because I had less than 200 friends that would take two or three days. Friends that were particularly 'friendly' would recieve gifts daily and those friends who never gifted or tipped or looked like they weren't playing (energy and strength maxed out for days on end, level not changing, not responding to requests) would get nothing (and would eventually be deleted).
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

Post  Jae Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Camille,

I appreciate your input Smile

Best,
    Jae

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:36 pm