MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+7
Debinapril
LaVentosa
ycul
Shadowcat
Soozicle
Camille
chrismmuff
11 posters

Crickets....

chrismmuff

Crickets.... Empty Crickets....

Post  chrismmuff Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:49 pm

We need another quest like monster quest or 4th of July quest or I am gonna get bored....activity has taken a noticeable dip. Anyone else seeing this?

Crickets.... Empty Re: Crickets....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm

I agree that we need more quests. But I don't want quests that you have to spend 9 hours a day trying to complete before time runs out. Or have to use 1000 diamonds to complete!
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:I agree that we need more quests. But I don't want quests that you have to spend 9 hours a day trying to complete before time runs out. Or have to use 1000 diamonds to complete!
    I agree. I really liked (most) of the quests that you need to complete when you start playing MM. I also like to have a variety of quests on the go at once, say six or so.
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm down to four quests, but I do get new ones still when I finish one. I'm so glad not to have a whole wall of them, it stresses me out Laughing I do that at work, too, when I have a lot of work piled up. The work doesn't stress me, just the fact that there's so much of it!

Right now I've got one "idol" quest that I've completely given up hope on, the robot quest I'll never find enough oil cans for, and the makeup one I should finish tomorrow once I've used the synthesizer to get enough to buy three more monkey cage things. How many more are there?
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 am

You should be able to find the monkey cages without having to buy them. It may take a couple of days, but when I did that queasy, I think I found 1-2 per day. Better than the oil cans were then...

I only have the oil can to be looking for. 300 of them for the 10 of each robot quest. It's almost like having no quests at all, it's so ridiculously slow at dropping them. I know I *could* buy the oil cans, but I'm not going to. I found about 2-3 oil cans a day during all the monster quest hunting, along with the monster weapons. At least then I felt like I had a purpose. And to top it off, I have a bug right now that it doesn't count if I banish robots, so it really feels like there is no point!
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

Soozicle wrote:I'm down to four quests, but I do get new ones still when I finish one. I'm so glad not to have a whole wall of them, it stresses me out Laughing I do that at work, too, when I have a lot of work piled up. The work doesn't stress me, just the fact that there's so much of it!

Right now I've got one "idol" quest that I've completely given up hope on, the robot quest I'll never find enough oil cans for, and the makeup one I should finish tomorrow once I've used the synthesizer to get enough to buy three more monkey cage things. How many more are there?

Hi Soozicle, check the link below for info on the oil can/robot quest. Look for a manor post from me later today new friend Smile I'm just now starting to recuperate from the monster quests.

http://www.mmuff.com/t72p30-oil-cans-x300?highlight=oil+cans
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm

I would love more quests, but I agree - the monster quests were just too stressfull. I play enough already, I can't keep playing 8h/day just to get them solved, especially as I usually don't use diamonds I didn't earn (I loved the fcs for the robots quest though! That one I couldn't have done without!)
    @sooz you can find the cages without diamonds! just stack up on energy, turtle up and have a go!

right now I enjoy the quiet _after_ the full-moon-storm.
    The one goal if have right now is getting the 150 friends before whittling them down again - I won't ever make the 500, I just don't have it in me I love you
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

When I got home I had to remote back in to work and keep working until about an hour ago. I gifted a very few friends afterward and am now sitting here staring at my manor, not wanting to do anything!

Maybe I'm just tired from my long day, but I feel like maybe I played too much for too long and am now more interested in chatting on the forum than proactive game play. Wish the forums were more active, then! For tonight I had planned to synthesizer-up enough diamonds to buy the oil cans, and I figured out earlier I just needed to turtle-up to get the cages, but I'm one short, and powering up a turtle now when I'm so tired would be too wasteful. I did have a friend gift me an item to finish that idol quest I gave up on but I just turned around and got a new idol quest in it's place!

Congrats LaVentosa, you're the first to use my actual nic-name (instead of my game name)! Everyone can just call me Sooz.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Soozicle wrote:When I got home I had to remote back in to work and keep working until about an hour ago. I gifted a very few friends afterward and am now sitting here staring at my manor, not wanting to do anything!

Maybe I'm just tired from my long day, but I feel like maybe I played too much for too long and am now more interested in chatting on the forum than proactive game play. Wish the forums were more active, then! For tonight I had planned to synthesizer-up enough diamonds to buy the oil cans, and I figured out earlier I just needed to turtle-up to get the cages, but I'm one short, and powering up a turtle now when I'm so tired would be too wasteful. I did have a friend gift me an item to finish that idol quest I gave up on but I just turned around and got a new idol quest in it's place!

Congrats LaVentosa, you're the first to use my actual nic-name (instead of my game name)! Everyone can just call me Sooz.

I think most people are a little burned out from the past few weeks and now that it is over a lot of us have nothing left to do. Maybe when Admin gets back we can finally get a chat room so we can have something to pass the time;)
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 am

I am definitely finding it hard to motivate myself to play. I fulfill wall requests and accept gifts, visit a few friends and tip etc but that's about it. I need to clean up my friend list but feel disinclined to do that as well. The last set of quests were crazy and needed a lot of time and effort. Far more than I was able to give. I hope the next ones will be more fun.
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Yep, I'm hearing those crickets now, too. I had put the pirate ship on hold while I worked on the 4th of July and Full Moon quests, then when they were over, I finally got the pirate ship put together (I only needed 3 more lifeboats!). The quests popped up for the pirate ship and I thought I had it made.

Then the quests were over. For the first time, I have no quests on my screen! Such a weird feeling. Smile
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Well, I'm stuck where I'm at for the time being with three quests I can't get help for that seem impossible to complete on my own. I stare at them with malice. I'm getting bored and a little short tempered at times with this game. Couldn't the developers figure out that searching the same rooms over and over and over for the same things, waiting for an item to drop that took ages to finally do so, would get boring?!

Maybe they anticipated that the social aspect would keep people engaged, but I'm finding myself short tempered with my friends, too. I got aggravated and started deleting friends who gifted me random things I didn't ask for and didn't need because they couldn't be bothered to check my wish list, and on the first offense, too. I did that out of frustration with the game, not them. Well, some of them it was them.

I figured out it would cost me well over $50 in buying diamonds to make it past these three quests if I got so frustrated I tried to buy my way out. Knowing that I have already come past other such road blocks and will come up on others, I absolutely will not purchase diamonds for that. There are a lot better games I could buy for that money at a flat rate, much less the continual bleeding these developers seem to expect us to do. Do they think we're stupid?! It's either synthesizer (after which I immediately delete the invites because I don't want any more friends) or that quest will just sit there unfulfilled. I could point out several stupid programming mistakes they've made with this game that would make it seem as if perhaps the developers are the dumb ones. $50 to finish three quests, as if!

Sorry for the rant. Just very frustrated... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 am

<<Well, I'm stuck where I'm at for the time being with three quests I can't get help for that seem impossible to complete on my own.>>

What 3 quests are you stuck on Soozicle?
    hippolyra

Friend Code : Ae750b
    MM Name : Hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:19 am

I am having a hard time with it too. Bit bored now and i still have quests and and have not a hint of ufo or pirate brig yet. Lots of people on lower levels than me have more than 15 rooms so am not sure waht is happening!

But am really enjoying being social and gifting and visiting. The fun from that part of the game has hugely increased these last few days.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

I love the topic - as I was wondering about the "crickets" I just looked it up - that's a new idiom for me!
    In german we only know the "needle falling". So, thanks for teaching me that one Very Happy

I generally enjoy hearing those crickets Smile & my manor without quests for now and having a life beside MM again Laughing
    today when I opened MM, first the faithful heart kicked in, then the 150 friends achievment is done.
    so next step for me - finally start that friends-spreadsheet an start cutting down again...

@Sooz
    Aww... I agree that some quests were more annoying then others - the robots where a pain... hrrrmp... and of course all the monkey quests are something that is allright to have if one has other quests alongside them, so while searching rooms the neede items just stack up while doing other things. Just take it easy a few days - you might be sorry later if you rush through the quests using diamonds where not needed, (what a motherly thing to say... urgh... sorry Wink )

@hippolycra (nice name btw - referring to the amazons or something else entirely?)
    if you don't have any sight of ufo or pirates, you are probably on both strings of quests that lead to those. There is one for each. which quests are you on now?
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:48 am

@LaVentosa

Hippolyra is a combination of Hippolyte and Lyra from His Dark Materials.

It is good to have a unique handle.

Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I know I know, I don't want to spend diamonds when I don't have to. I'm stuck on Amber Surprise (get the amber comb out of the hallway with the mist in it... I'll never get that stupid mist in the hallway, I've begun letting them pile up in other rooms hoping it gets there one day but then I can't search my rooms for nanner guns!), that pesky chatterbox monkey quest (banana guns FINALLY started to drop last night and I'm down to only needing three), and the dreaded robot quest.
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I am on banana guns. Before it was catching monkeys who stole makeup.

Rolling Eyes

Bored of monkeys
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Soozicle wrote:I'll never get that stupid mist in the hallway, I've begun letting them pile up in other rooms hoping it gets there one day but then I can't search my rooms for nanner guns!),
    Smile you should be safe banishing at least the phens - the curse is enough for blocking the room. other than that to me it seems, phens like when others get banished. the more I banish while searching, the more I get. (well.. not accelerating, ,but still - more then if you banish them with a tool)...
    you can do it! #cheerleader
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:25 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    Soozicle wrote:I'll never get that stupid mist in the hallway, I've begun letting them pile up in other rooms hoping it gets there one day but then I can't search my rooms for nanner guns!),
    Smile you should be safe banishing at least the phens - the curse is enough for blocking the room. other than that to me it seems, phens like when others get banished. the more I banish while searching, the more I get. (well.. not accelerating, ,but still - more then if you banish them with a tool)...
    you can do it! #cheerleader

You should say exploring the room with the phenoms in there... I tried banishing them and it just disappeared with no curse (but thanks for the note anyway!). BUT the good news is, I did manage to get the phenom in the hall and finish that and the stupid monkey quest, but now I'm still stuck with the robots and another 'phenom' quest (the Corset). I activated a silver sun and pheonix so I could explore as much as I wanted and now I'm bored exploring (I hate exploring in the dark and the last four rooms I did were dark).

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to try to get some more rooms locked off to phenoms. Besides most of my helpers are asleep. I'll be wasting most of my charms time since I'm already fully charged, but meh. I almost failed two rooms because I was getting tired and bleary eyed. And still only one oil can dropped.
    Amelia

Friend Code : 8cec74
    MM Name : Amelia

Post  Amelia Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Soozicle - If you do want to save a few diamonds during the robot quest you can purchase the oil cans from the store. They are 9 diamonds for 10 oil cans while if you go to an individual robot it is 1 diamond per can. It won't save much but with a quest like that every bit helps!
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

Soozicle wrote:You should say exploring the room with the phenoms in there... I tried banishing them and it just disappeared with no curse (but thanks for the note anyway!). BUT the good news is, I did manage to get the phenom in the hall and finish that and the stupid monkey quest, but now I'm still stuck with the robots and another 'phenom' quest (the Corset). I activated a silver sun and pheonix so I could explore as much as I wanted and now I'm bored exploring (I hate exploring in the dark and the last four rooms I did were dark).

Besides most of my helpers are asleep.
    you are right of course - my fault. Embarassed banishing the phens does not leave the curse.
    Your remaining quests are those of course that lead to the two last rooms in the end - the corset will bring you to the neptun & emerald quests (good luck with those tongue perhaps it would be good to prepare for those reading the regarding threads... admin took WEEKS to finish that neptun....
    I'm so with you on those night rooms.. Evil or Very Mad the only thing good was that while on the full moon I got most of my flare guns either in phen- or nightrooms
    Aww - I love to wake helpers, but you are _always_ maxed out Wink
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:54 pm

I have no quests since the monster mash is over and am happy about it! Getting back to doing outdoor summer activities and working to get to the magical level 99. Told my husband that getting to 99 is like making the major leagues. Not in the batting line up yet, but in the majors. He understands.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:46 am