MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

Random gifters... what are your thoughts?

Soozicle
    Soozicle

Random gifters... what are your thoughts? Empty Random gifters... what are your thoughts?

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:57 pm

When I first started playing, I would go to the gifting console and pick a random gift, then throw them out to all my higher level friends thinking that a 'gift is a gift' and they'd appreciate it. It didn't take too long for me to figure out how wasteful that was. I changed my strategy and started to reserve my gifting for visits, and gift strictly from wish lists. Now I find it very annoying when I take the time to multigift someone something from their WL and I get "thanked" by them gifting me a single item that I didn't ask for and don't need when they could've easily gifted me something from my wish list. I keep at least one lower level charging item on my WL for that reason.

When I see someone who ALWAYS does that when I multigift them from their wish list, I usually get frustrated with them and delete them. Am I being unreasonable here? Would it be rude to post to their wall to remind them to look at wish lists first? I would think I'd be inviting conflict and/or causing that person never to want to gift me again because clearly they thought they were doing a 'good deed' by sending me something random.

Thoughts, strategies?

tatteredlace
    tatteredlace

Friend Code : 8ce9cb
    MM Name : Sammi Helena <3

Random gifters... what are your thoughts? Empty Re: Random gifters... what are your thoughts?

Post  tatteredlace Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 am

I too used to pick a random gift and send it to random friends. I am also guilty of sending useless collection items that weren't on wishlists, back when I first started playing and didn't really understand it...

Now, I gift from my wall and from wishlists the majority of the time. If someone takes the time to send me something from my WL, I will always visit their manor (side rant: why can't friends be listed alphabetically! It's so annoying scrolling through 600+ friends trying to find one person, and it makes me want to cut my friends list down for this reason, although having a big list does come in useful e.g. for the recent event where I needed hundreds of flaming skulls). Anyway, as I was saying, I will always visit someone if they've sent me WL items. If I have something on their WL I will send something back but I am never quite sure what to do if they are only looking for things I don't have. Usually I go through their collections and try to find anything they don't already have, or I just send a random charging item. Usually tip too if they happen to catch me with strength left Smile

I do occasionally still send random gifts out to people if I'm in a hurry and want to use up my 50 gifts...I mean, you can never have too many charging items, right? You never know when there will be new quests and they may come in handy...

I don't mind if people send me random things not on my WL; I always just figure it may come in useful one day. Wink It is annoying though if they send something random and then ask for a particular thing back. I'd like to be asked first if it's going to be a trade.

Re: reminding them to look at WLs first, well I don't think it would be particularly rude, given that you have a lower level charging item on there so there is no excuse not to send that. In my case though, I often find that my gifters have only collection items I don't have on their WLs, so in that case I hope it's okay that I pick different items to send them. You could maybe put a post on your own wall saying that you want mobius bows (or whatever the charging item is) if people don't have anything else on your WL. Not sure how many people read the walls before gifting, though!
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Random gifters... what are your thoughts? Empty Re: Random gifters... what are your thoughts?

Post  Demdike Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 am

Personally I assume that anything wanted would be requested from me via my wall. I I need charging items I send out a general alert. The trouble with wish lists is most people put on collection items needed (i do). Going through 50 wishlists Daily I start to lose the will to live Very Happy
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Demdike wrote:Personally I assume that anything wanted would be requested from me via my wall. I I need charging items I send out a general alert. The trouble with wish lists is most people put on collection items needed (i do). Going through 50 wishlists Daily I start to lose the will to live Very Happy

Hi my MM friend! Smile you're a great gifter! Laughing
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am

Doglover wrote:
    Demdike wrote:Personally I assume that anything wanted would be requested from me via my wall. I I need charging items I send out a general alert. The trouble with wish lists is most people put on collection items needed (i do). Going through 50 wishlists Daily I start to lose the will to live Very Happy

Hi my MM friend! Smile you're a great gifter! Laughing

*waves*
    Berda0625

Friend Code : 5a127a
    MM Name : Berda

Post  Berda0625 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:47 pm

I cycle through all my friends that are actively playing ( ie their strength or energy is not maxed out) and keep track of where I leave off when gifting. The first 9 to request only collection items get one if I have excess, then gift chargers till I reach 49 sent. That way I can honor any wall requests without going over my daily limit. I resume where I left off the next day. Everyone active gets a tip too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 am