MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+8
candyglam
gemfinder
JenMomma5476
LaVentosa
Dazza JP
slycreations
Jae
CheezerWhizzer
12 posters

I know it's a pain, but just plug along...

CheezerWhizzer

I know it's a pain, but just plug along... Empty I know it's a pain, but just plug along...

Post  CheezerWhizzer Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

If you've got a quest that requires you to find an item like Emerald or Neptune or Mercury, instead of borrowing it, just plug along searching rooms. It took me weeks to get Neptune, but by the time I finished it, I had enough gold doubloons to trade for cannonballs to get me almost to Expert level in the Pirate Brig.

Searching rooms does get boring, but there are long term benefits. Searching the African room a couple dozen times can get you a full Heart of Africa collection. With the gifting change, you're going to need those items from searching rooms. It really doesn't benefit you in the long run to complete those quests by borrowing the item.

I think we all became so "gifting dependent" that we somehow forgot that the original function of the game was hidden object.
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

I know it's a pain, but just plug along... Empty Re: I know it's a pain, but just plug along...

Post  Jae Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:22 pm

CheezerWhizzer wrote:If you've got a quest that requires you to find an item like Emerald or Neptune or Mercury, instead of borrowing it, just plug along searching rooms. It took me weeks to get Neptune, but by the time I finished it, I had enough gold doubloons to trade for cannonballs to get me almost to Expert level in the Pirate Brig.

Searching rooms does get boring, but there are long term benefits. Searching the African room a couple dozen times can get you a full Heart of Africa collection. With the gifting change, you're going to need those items from searching rooms. It really doesn't benefit you in the long run to complete those quests by borrowing the item.

I think we all became so "gifting dependent" that we somehow forgot that the original function of the game was hidden object.

Do you use a turtle every time you search?
    slycreations
    slycreations

MM Name : slycreations

I know it's a pain, but just plug along... Empty those hidden rooms

Post  slycreations Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I have earned over 2000 cannon balls and over 1000 magic shells. Haven't been able to get past neptune for many weeks. Used up hundreds of diamonds calling phenomena to the room and many golden turtles searching.
    Now that I can't run up 200 diamonds for a day of mist summoning, I may never get past it.
    Perhaps I'm not meant to get the pirate ship. (or the secret island or ufo...)
    I still like searching and playing, but honestly, once you've reached expert level on every room, it's not much of a challenge.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

I know it's a pain, but just plug along... Empty Re: I know it's a pain, but just plug along...

Post  Dazza JP Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 pm

slycreations wrote:I have earned over 2000 cannon balls and over 1000 magic shells. Haven't been able to get past neptune for many weeks. Used up hundreds of diamonds calling phenomena to the room and many golden turtles searching.
    Now that I can't run up 200 diamonds for a day of mist summoning, I may never get past it.
    Perhaps I'm not meant to get the pirate ship. (or the secret island or ufo...)
    I still like searching and playing, but honestly, once you've reached expert level on every room, it's not much of a challenge.

In your case I would seriously ask one of your friends to lend you the emerald/Neptune to finish the quest !!!
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Dazza JP wrote:
    In your case I would seriously ask one of your friends to lend you the emerald/Neptune to finish the quest !!!

How can I put it on my wish list? I don't see it listed in any of the collections. I've always assumed it was one of those "once only" kinda things that the game took away from you once you completed the quest.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 pm

slycreations wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:

How can I put it on my wish list? I don't see it listed in any of the collections. I've always assumed it was one of those "once only" kinda things that the game took away from you once you completed the quest.
    You are right. It is. I've never had either a neptun, a Corset nor an Emerald in my Inventory with the possibility to give it away. The guys probably forgot about that.

Perhaps you find something that helps you in this thread.
    Something else that might help u here ist the "exit room" strategy.
    Good luck! Smile
    JenMomma5476

MM Name : Mommy

Post  JenMomma5476 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 pm

In the current version of the game Neptune and the emerald CAN be gifted. You can not put them on your wish list since they are not part of a collection, but people who have completed the quest can send them from their "send collection" tab in the "gifts" menu.
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm

JenMomma5476 wrote:In the current version of the game Neptune and the emerald CAN be gifted. You can not put them on your wish list since they are not part of a collection, but people who have completed the quest can send them from their "send collection" tab in the "gifts" menu.

I'll ask a few friends that I've sent bowl after bowl of miso soup to.
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm not sure why you are using up diamonds to call phenom when there is that way to keep phenoms
    in the room?
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 am

JenMomma5476 wrote:In the current version of the game Neptune and the emerald CAN be gifted. You can not put them on your wish list since they are not part of a collection, but people who have completed the quest can send them from their "send collection" tab in the "gifts" menu.
    wow. cool. Didn't know that Smile
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 am

LaVentosa wrote:

Neither did I till the other day, how long have we been able to do this !!!!
    JenMomma5476

Post  JenMomma5476 Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:36 am

Dazza JP wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:

Neither did I till the other day, how long have we been able to do this !!!!

Not long. Just since the most recent update Very Happy
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 am

CheezerWhizzer wrote:I'm not sure why you are using up diamonds to call phenom when there is that way to keep phenoms
    in the room?

I never knew how to keep phenols in the room. Just read that information yesterday. Worried that trying it may cause my game to crash... So far it's run perfectly, but I see all the posts from folks complaining about glitches and crashes... Wonder if it is from them force closing the ap in the middle of things.
    gemfinder
    gemfinder

Post  gemfinder Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am

slycreations wrote:

I never knew how to keep phenols in the room.

Just keep them away from small children and naked flames Wink

Seriously, the method of shutting down the game is safe (I've done it hundreds of times) but since the last update, the items like Neptune, Emerald or Mercury don't show up on the "found items" list even if you have unearthed them until you click on "close".

So you may have found the item but don't know it.

It took me about 150 attempts clearing the Hunting Room/ Hallway to find "Mercury" and I had to buy at least 6 native idol summoners as I was never sure if I'd already got the thing.

After sending another shitagram to GI (about other bugs) yesterday, I closed the rooms out and lo and behold, Mercury dropped.

So the good news is that my iPad is still in one piece and should any of my Manor friends want to "borrow" Neptune, Emerald or Mercury, then I'll happily send. They've currently orbited the Earth more frequently than the Sun! sunny
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I've got phenomenon in 7 rooms, but its been a week since I had anything other than UFOs in the bathroom. No longer have enough diamonds to summon... Every time I earn some, I use them to buy oil cans to try and get rid of a different quest that's been hanging around for weeks. (it takes forever to have 15 oil cans drop, and I need hundreds of them.)
    candyglam

Friend Code : 3ba98d
    MM Name : CandyGlam

Post  candyglam Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    Seriously, the method of shutting down the game is safe (I've done it hundreds of times) but since the last update, the items like Neptune, Emerald or Mercury don't show up on the "found items" list even if you have unearthed them until you click on "close".

I've heard a couple other people say this as well, but I found Neptune and Emerald after the update using this method and they DID show up under found items before I closed out. Maybe it's just Mercury that they did that for.
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm

gemfinder wrote:

Wouldn't the Neptune quest go away if that were the case?
    candyglam

Friend Code : 3ba98d
    MM Name : CandyGlam

Post  candyglam Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:19 pm

slycreations wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:

Well, with the "exit room" strategy, you don't go back to the main screen where you see your mansion and all the quests on the side.
    Mselui

Friend Code : c853b3

Post  Mselui Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm

I have seen lots of requests for miso soup, and given awaya several - what else are they needed for? Am ai going to regret giving them all away later lol!
    JenMomma5476

Post  JenMomma5476 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Mselui wrote:I have seen lots of requests for miso soup, and given awaya several - what else are they needed for? Am ai going to regret giving them all away later lol!

You will not regret it. The quest requires 25 miso soups but will not count what you already have. You need to get 25 NEW miso soups. Even if you have 100 in your inventory.
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 pm

slycreations wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:

Neptune and emerald show up but not mercury.
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 am

Last night I finally got the Neptune. (I'm at level 101, but the neptune quest had been hanging around since somewhere in the 80s, I think.)

Yesterday was the fist day I tried the approach where I force close the game each time Neptune didn't drop from the mist.

Since then, the game has crashed twice, and I've started getting server error messages when trying to visit friends. Never had these issues prior. Not sure if they are caused by the force closing to keep the Mist around, but thought I would mention it.
    CathyR
    CathyR

Friend Code : bb0133
    MM Name : Cathy

Post  CathyR Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am

What is this method I cannot find it when I search
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

I know it's a pain, but just plug along... Empty Keeping phenom In a room

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 am

CathyR wrote:What is this method I cannot find it when I search

Hi Cathy

You can find the trick by going to this thread http://www.mmuff.com/t208p30-how-to-bring-out-phenomena

Go to second page, scroll down and read Brad's comments. Admin clarifies it a bit more on the next page. Very Happy

By the way, this works for getting the original Neptune, but does not for the Neptune quest that comes with the island quests.
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I am confused about the neptune quest. I got his one a week or so ago and it just asks me to search the fortune telling room at night. Its not requiring any phenomenon. Haven't found in during the 5 times I've been there at night and I'm just cycling through the different modes over and over. Fortunately I do have plenty of runestones, lol. Why are my requirements different than the rest of you had ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am