MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+10
Demdike
elisabeth.peter.39
Sharbee
Shadowcat
Mbstr8k
AllisonPJ
brenda(Doglover)
ycul
Chickenchick111
CathyG
14 posters

Olympic Games Event

CathyG
    CathyG

Friend Code : 9f27d1
    MM Name : cathy

Olympic Games Event Empty Olympic Games Event

Post  CathyG Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:54 am

Can anyone tell me exactly when the Olympic Games event ends?
    I do not have the graphic on my I-Pad so I can't check.
    Thanks.
    Chickenchick111

Olympic Games Event Empty Re: Olympic Games Event

Post  Chickenchick111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 am

Hi sweetie. Olympics WAS totally dependent on when you installed the update. If you did it the day it came out it was 21 days from then, if you did it way after that, it's 21 says from then. I did mine release date and think that means mine ends Thursday but I can't remember the day it started in all honestly. With all the crap from gi going on I've forgotten where I'm at lol. But it was def three clear weeks to do it. Some people have reported since THIS forced to update update that the timer has got longer on Olympics so they've now got extra days.
    Hope this helps, does seem but loony that they took the timer event screen down, least we knew then. Oh wait, maybe they want us to keep a diary for them? As well as all our other responsibilities like visiting friends, cleaning up their manor with tips, rationing fifty gifts between five hundred friends, completing quests etc etc, the list goes on, tut tut why didn't we think of it before, let's keep gi's diary
    Lol.
    Anyway despite my joke at the end I hope this helps a little. Cheers Smile
    CathyG
    CathyG

Post  CathyG Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Chickenchick111 wrote:Hi sweetie. Olympics WAS totally dependent on when you installed the update. If you did it the day it came out it was 21 days from then, if you did it way after that, it's 21 says from then. I did mine release date and think that means mine ends Thursday but I can't remember the day it started in all honestly. With all the crap from gi going on I've forgotten where I'm at lol. But it was def three clear weeks to do it. Some people have reported since THIS forced to update update that the timer has got longer on Olympics so they've now got extra days.
    Hope this helps, does seem but loony that they took the timer event screen down, least we knew then. Oh wait, maybe they want us to keep a diary for them? As well as all our other responsibilities like visiting friends, cleaning up their manor with tips, rationing fifty gifts between five hundred friends, completing quests etc etc, the list goes on, tut tut why didn't we think of it before, let's keep gi's diary
    Lol.
    Anyway despite my joke at the end I hope this helps a little. Cheers Smile

Hi Chickenchick:

Thanks so much for your help. It isn't looking good that I'll finish obtaining those 50 gold medals before the event ends. Mad They just aren't dropping, but I'll keep plugging along.

You gave me a chuckle first thing this morning! ;o 0
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Chickenchick:

Thanks so much for your help. It isn't looking good that I'll finish obtaining those 50 gold medals before the event ends. Mad They just aren't dropping, but I'll keep plugging along.

You gave me a chuckle first thing this morning! ;o 0[/quote]

I wouldn't worry so much about the Olympic quests. Not sure what the reward for that is but the rewards for the Olympic special event boxes are so awesome. The first event (getting 100 divers and 100 strongman snatchins) box reward is a chest of the support group containing 5 each of golden elephant, phoenix, clovers, turtles and english breaky. When you finish that one you get a new event box ( to charge each coll 84-88 5x each you get a detectives chest and something else I can't remember. It is an awesome reward. I finished this quite fast got all my chests and still need 30 silver medals. The medals is a quest so I assume it may stay there in your manor a while.

Search the rooms to get the snatchins weapons to drop. You will also get the coll items for Olympic collections and reg collections. Plus the medals are a bonus if they drop. I found the best way to get the most is run a turtle and the delicate bouquet flower artifact. Also ask a helper in your manor. You may also want to run a phoenix and a Flower of passion artifact so you don't run out of energy!

Happy Hunting!
    Chickenchick111

Post  Chickenchick111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey you guys! Most welcome!! Yup like ycul says the chests are better than the medals, the medals is the last of the quests and you only get coins and a bit of xp but it just stops dead after that, no further mention of the Olympics lol! Much better to concentrate on getting the two chests. Let's face it, we all need those blimminseeds for Sakura room! Tried sticking a rake up that joe the farmer but he drops less and less now! Need to get the right angle to pull them all out ;-) oh, I never ever search anything without turtle or my artefacts, you get next to nothing if you don't Sad
    CathyG
    CathyG

Post  CathyG Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:01 pm

ycul wrote:

Hi Chickenchick:

I wouldn't worry so much about the Olympic quests. Not sure what the reward for that is but the rewards for the Olympic special event boxes are so awesome. The first event (getting 100 divers and 100 strongman snatchins) box reward is a chest of the support group containing 5 each of golden elephant, phoenix, clovers, turtles and english breaky. When you finish that one you get a new event box ( to charge each coll 84-88 5x each you get a detectives chest and something else I can't remember. It is an awesome reward. I finished this quite fast got all my chests and still need 30 silver medals. The medals is a quest so I assume it may stay there in your manor a while.

Search the rooms to get the snatchins weapons to drop. You will also get the coll items for Olympic collections and reg collections. Plus the medals are a bonus if they drop. I found the best way to get the most is run a turtle and the delicate bouquet flower artifact. Also ask a helper in your manor. You may also want to run a phoenix and a Flower of passion artifact so you don't run out of energy!

Happy Hunting![/quote]

I finished all you mentioned and you are right, those chests are wonderful. I have not used them yet as I'm a hoarder!
    Laughing I do hope the medals quest stays there for a good long time. Getting the bronze and silver medals was a snap, but they aren't making it easy to get the 50 gold. Have 20 more to go before completion. Have not done well on the flower collecting, so am not able to use the flower of passion artifact, but don't go exploring without a turtle, my best friend on MM.

You are a hoot by the way! LOL Throughly enjoy your humor.

Thanks again for your help.
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 am

CathyG wrote:
    ycul wrote:

Hi Chickenchick:

Happy Hunting!

I finished all you mentioned and you are right, those chests are wonderful. I have not used them yet as I'm a hoarder!
    Laughing I do hope the medals quest stays there for a good long time. Getting the bronze and silver medals was a snap, but they aren't making it easy to get the 50 gold. Have 20 more to go before completion. Have not done well on the flower collecting, so am not able to use the flower of passion artifact, but don't go exploring without a turtle, my best friend on MM.

[/quote]

If you stack the artifact that speeds up your energy for 4 hours with a gold Phoenix, use a turtle and explore the room that takes runes tones to get in (darn if I can remember what it's called right now, it's past my bedtime) you can get the rest. More importantly tho u will get lots of snatchin banishing tools (bubbles & jump rope) to get collection items! Smile
    AllisonPJ
    AllisonPJ

Friend Code : 88e7dd
    MM Name : AllisonPJ

Post  AllisonPJ Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Maybe it's because I don't spend diamonds or use a lot of energy rechargers, so therefore only play once a day, but I find it nearly impossible to finish any of these special limited-time quests. (I refuse to buy anything with real money, so I tend to hoard diamonds/breakfasts/charms) I've been banishing Olympic snatchins since it started and am still only about halfway done. And this past week, it seems like the ropes and bubbles aren't dropping very often, so I doubt I stand a chance at finishing. I also never got the discus thanks to not having the UFO open yet (still on Neptune quest) and the snatchin diver never dropping it.

I've been playing MM pretty since it started, and so far the only holiday quest I've managed to finish was the July 4th one. And that was mainly thanks to generous multi-gifting friends and the pilgrim hats being available as free gifts (and dropping with every room searched). This Olympics quest is too frustrating. They need to make them more attainable without spending a lot of diamonds or using a lot of energy items! (Though I realize that's how they make their money.)

Maybe I'll use a turtle today and see if I can at least get the 100-of-each quest done. I'm about to level up, which will help, but no way I can stretch my energy longer than an hour at most. I can use a phoenix, but I'm not sure that will refill my energy fast enough to help much. I wish I had tried the infinite energy bug while it was still around! I always meant to, but never had a long enough chunk of free time.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

AllisonPJ wrote:Maybe it's because I don't spend diamonds or use a lot of energy rechargers, so therefore only play once a day, but I find it nearly impossible to finish any of these special limited-time quests. (I refuse to buy anything with real money, so I tend to hoard diamonds/breakfasts/charms) I've been banishing Olympic snatchins since it started and am still only about halfway done. And this past week, it seems like the ropes and bubbles aren't dropping very often, so I doubt I stand a chance at finishing. I also never got the discus thanks to not having the UFO open yet (still on Neptune quest) and the snatchin diver never dropping it.

I've been playing MM pretty since it started, and so far the only holiday quest I've managed to finish was the July 4th one. And that was mainly thanks to generous multi-gifting friends and the pilgrim hats being available as free gifts (and dropping with every room searched). This Olympics quest is too frustrating. They need to make them more attainable without spending a lot of diamonds or using a lot of energy items! (Though I realize that's how they make their money.)

Maybe I'll use a turtle today and see if I can at least get the 100-of-each quest done. I'm about to level up, which will help, but no way I can stretch my energy longer than an hour at most. I can use a phoenix, but I'm not sure that will refill my energy fast enough to help much. I wish I had tried the infinite energy bug while it was still around! I always meant to, but never had a long enough chunk of free time.

Allison,
    Infinite energy still works. You need to start your artifact first and then add the energy charm. I've used a turtle during the Olympic quests and I've gotten bubbles or the lasso (?) each time I've searched a room. As for the discus....a friend sent me one after I put it on my wish list. :-D I haven't searched any of my paid rooms (except the Fortune Telling Room), just counted on my friends and trades to help me with the quests. Now I'm on the last set of quests, to find 50 gold medals, 50 silver, and 50 bronze. The 50 gold medals can be found in paid rooms only. I've only searched the FTR, since I have 60,000+ runes and I've gotten every single gold medal from it. I use the kitchen (30 energy) to look for the silver medals. Saves on energy and gives me more bang for my buck. Key for me though has been using the turtle to search AND to banish snatchins.

Hope this helps.
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm

AllisonPJ wrote:Maybe it's because I don't spend diamonds or use a lot of energy rechargers, so therefore only play once a day, but I find it nearly impossible to finish any of these special limited-time quests. (I refuse to buy anything with real money, so I tend to hoard diamonds/breakfasts/charms) I've been banishing Olympic snatchins since it started and am still only about halfway done. And this past week, it seems like the ropes and bubbles aren't dropping very often, so I doubt I stand a chance at finishing. I also never got the discus thanks to not having the UFO open yet (still on Neptune quest) and the snatchin diver never dropping it.

I found that when I didn't have time to use a turtle, I still had good luck on my first search, so in the morning, I would take a 10% chance to find helper and search fortune telling room. Well over half the time I would find a gold medal! Then I would go about my day. Try again mid afternoon, again I would usually get a gold medal. Once all I had was searching for gold medals, I went at it this way for a few days and would get 3-4 medals a day and finished it up. Now I have no quests (only the island event to charge collections 9x and the rewards are NOT worth it. I would never get enough shells to explore island enough times).
    AllisonPJ
    AllisonPJ

Post  AllisonPJ Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:Infinite energy still works. You need to start your artifact first and then add the energy charm. I've used a turtle during the Olympic quests and I've gotten bubbles or the lasso (?) each time I've searched a room. As for the discus....a friend sent me one after I put it on my wish list. :-D I haven't searched any of my paid rooms (except the Fortune Telling Room), just counted on my friends and trades to help me with the quests. Now I'm on the last set of quests, to find 50 gold medals, 50 silver, and 50 bronze. The 50 gold medals can be found in paid rooms only. I've only searched the FTR, since I have 60,000+ runes and I've gotten every single gold medal from it. I use the kitchen (30 energy) to look for the silver medals. Saves on energy and gives me more bang for my buck. Key for me though has been using the turtle to search AND to banish snatchins.

Hope this helps.

I thought the infinite energy thing was gone. Or is it only with artifacts now? I don't have those (haven't gotten many flowers yet), so I would have only been able to do the charm stacking bug, which I'm pretty sure was fixed. Maybe I'm not far enough into the quests, but I almost never get the flowers, even during the full moon events. I did use a turtle last week and had good luck with olympic items, but I feel like I waste them when I only get a half hour or so out of it due to slow energy restoration.

Thanks for the advice on the medals, though. If I manage to finish the first olympic quest with enough time left, I'll see if I can manage the medals as well.
    CathyG
    CathyG

Post  CathyG Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Doglover wrote:
    CathyG wrote:
    ycul wrote:

Hi Chickenchick:

Happy Hunting!

If you stack the artifact that speeds up your energy for 4 hours with a gold Phoenix, use a turtle and explore the room that takes runes tones to get in (darn if I can remember what it's called right now, it's past my bedtime) you can get the rest. More importantly tho u will get lots of snatchin banishing tools (bubbles & jump rope) to get collection items! Smile[/quote]

I will give stacking a try. Something I have not done before, but it sounds like it will be a big help. Will use the games awards artifact (only one I have) along with the phoenix and turtle. I beleive the room you mentioned is the fortune telling room. Thanks again. Very Happy
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:00 pm

The above was a really interesting read, only wish I'd read it yesterday when I started my Golden Rose as part of the Monsters quests. I can confirm it does work, I used a elephant copper charm and when it expired and I got the popup box, I then fired up the Phoenix or else I got a message saying charm was already in use (as I had the Rose running). It is tough going though, I spent 8 hours in 2 sittings with turtles and am cross-eyed now with a headache! On the upside, I also got a lot of medals.

However, now we have openly written about it here, you can bet the GI spies have taken notice and they will put an end to this perk pronto. They have ruined everything else that made this game fun. get it in while you still can!

And if you're out and about and a see a frazzle- haired, crazy-eyed woman mumbling about turtles, monsters and hidden scrolls, it's not a lunatic, it's most probably me!

Last edited by Sharbee on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted room info as already said, told you I couldn't see anymore!)
    elisabeth.peter.39

Friend Code : 950c8d
    MM Name : trindli

Post  elisabeth.peter.39 Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm

does anybody know if the rewards from charging the olympic collections will be consumed if we claim the reward box? If that is the case, I won't do it, since the game's torch artifact that you get from those is so amazing (its 60% money, 60% finding and 90% energy restoring for 24 hours)
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for letting us know what it is 'supposed' to do.

I finally had enough (x5) Collection charges for the Torch & excitedly claimed my reward via the Olympics Event box and....nothing! All that happened was the Olympics box on the right of my screen disappeared. No Torch artifact icon, no bonuses and checking my Artifacts, no torch either Sad

Gutted. Now I have to start again and have no idea how long I have left. Thanks GI.

If you're going to it, perhaps do it under the Artifact page instead. If it's like any other Artifact, it will start running as soon as you charge it.

Just a thought: I did also have the Faithful Heart running at the same time so not sure if this is what messed it up but I got nothing. Sent a ticket to GI and will post the reply if I get one, but not holding my breath.

Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

elisabeth.peter.39 wrote:does anybody know if the rewards from charging the olympic collections will be consumed if we claim the reward box? If that is the case, I won't do it, since the game's torch artifact that you get from those is so amazing (its 60% money, 60% finding and 90% energy restoring for 24 hours)

Absolutely not! You get a chest containing keys, seeds etc. but...... You lose all 5 collection items for each collection. That's the equivalent of 5 Olympic torches, and they are awesome. On their own they charge every 20 secs with a Golden Phoenix they ccharge 1 per second. Banishing blackbeard and vampires for example often gives 2 coll items!
    Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 am

Latest word is that Olympic Snatchins will disappear today 9/14/2012. Use up the ropes and bubbles now. It might be a few years before they come back.
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 am

Skyler wrote:Latest word is that Olympic Snatchins will disappear today 9/14/2012. Use up the ropes and bubbles now. It might be a few years before they come back.

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling they would be disappearing soon so I played for a very long time yesterday running a turtle to get as many ropes & bubbles as possible and then subsequently used them all up.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 am

Skyler wrote:Latest word is that Olympic Snatchins will disappear today 9/14/2012. Use up the ropes and bubbles now. It might be a few years before they come back.

Wonder if you don't go online, whether you can keep them a bit longer ??
    Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 am

I have not shut down my game and still have Olympic Snatchins and still get drops of bubbles and ropes from searches. So, if you need to make it last longer, do not shut down your game. This may work for you as well. Also, taking it offline may work too.
    AllisonPJ
    AllisonPJ

Post  AllisonPJ Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:39 pm

How weird. My Olympic snatchins/quests disappeared weeks ago. I didn't realize people still had them. Now that I know, I feel like I was cheated out of the chance to stockpile more collection items these last couple of weeks. I only have enough to charge each collection twice, which isn't going to last long when I finally decide to try out the games torch artifact. Boo.

Am I the only one who didn't get to keep them this long? I remember seeing some people saying after the last update, their time remaining on the quest reset to two weeks, but mine didn't and continued counting down, so my quest ended a few days later. I assumed it was a just a fluke some people's reset, but now I'm wondering if I was the fluke!
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Mine certainly reset to 20 days after the update, so was due to expire about an hour before the full moon quests. Gone about 6hrs now
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm really sad to see these go. They were my favorite collection item. A rope or bubble always dropped from each room searched with a turtle, and the collections gave out great stuff that I found very helpful as a new player. Plus, every manor had the snatchins so I didn't have to search for an hour to find one.

On a whim yesterday, I ran infinite energy for the second time ever and ended up running two phoenixes in a row which was exhausting, but now I'm really glad I did. At least I got the most I could and used up my stockpile of ropes and bubbles before the snatchins disappeared.

My only regret is that I was just a few medals away from completing the 50/50/50 medal quest. If I had known the quests were going to disappear, I would have finished it last night.

Still, with the monsters gone and the Olympic events gone, the manor just isn't the same. I hope they come up with something equally as good sometime soon. I'm doing the monkey quests which gives absolutely nothing when you banish them. They could at least give a charger. Stingy monkeys!
    CathyG
    CathyG

Post  CathyG Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Complexity2 wrote:I'm really sad to see these go. They were my favorite collection item. A rope or bubble always dropped from each room searched with a turtle, and the collections gave out great stuff that I found very helpful as a new player. Plus, every manor had the snatchins so I didn't have to search for an hour to find one.

On a whim yesterday, I ran infinite energy for the second time ever and ended up running two phoenixes in a row which was exhausting, but now I'm really glad I did. At least I got the most I could and used up my stockpile of ropes and bubbles before the snatchins disappeared.

My only regret is that I was just a few medals away from completing the 50/50/50 medal quest. If I had known the quests were going to disappear, I would have finished it last night.

Still, with the monsters gone and the Olympic events gone, the manor just isn't the same. I hope they come up with something equally as good sometime soon. I'm doing the monkey quests which gives absolutely nothing when you banish them. They could at least give a charger. Stingy monkeys!

I feel the same way. When searching the rooms today it felt like so much was missing to the point of being boring.
    Sorry you didn't make the 50/50/50 quest. That was a tough one to complete. Let's hope GI comes up with something to make it interesting again.
    Cajamina
    Cajamina

Friend Code : 9f1147
    MM Name : Cajamina

Post  Cajamina Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 pm

I was just 8 silver and 8 gold medals away from the 50/50/50 quest and now it dissappears. Have only one quest left to find the ocean liner. So boring!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 am