MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
kdaggs
xx Vix xx
Rosie Hallahan
Poppy
Melafree28655
9 posters

Contests - daily trophies

Melafree28655

Friend Code : 183bf0
    MM Name : Melissa

Contests - daily trophies Empty Contests - daily trophies

Post  Melafree28655 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 pm

I am having a hard time understanding the contest rules for the trophies and I can't find anything to help with it. How do you place and get a trophy? I played the oceanic room yesterday about 35 times and still didn't place when it looked like some people only played 11 times. The same thing with gypsys...I'm just having a hard time and don't want to waste my time and energy if it's all for nothing...I just need help and can't find any information on it anywhere.

Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Contests - daily trophies Empty Re: Contests - daily trophies

Post  Poppy Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am

The contests are very new. Try the info or FAQ section, they usually post new info there. As far as I can tell, they are usually about banishing something, like a gypsy, or a certain snatchin. If u banish in the high levels, you win those medals which are exchangeable for stuff in the store.
    I haven't won any yet though. By the time I see a new contest, persons have banished 2-4 thousand of the critter, and I don't even try because I know I can't come close to that.

Honestly I don't know how they do it, must have thousands of banishing weapons, or they are buying them. I'd love to know more as well.
    I don't know of a contest that involved exploring any of the rooms.
    Rosie Hallahan

Contests - daily trophies Empty Daily trophies

Post  Rosie Hallahan Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

Mela, the contest results you can see are previous results. You cannot see the running totals from the contest you are in, it's really just a guide for how many you MAY need to get a place. I only really play for a couple of hours a day when I can, I think the trophies are only achievable if you sit and play all day. I don't even bother with the banishing ones, I have won a couple of wooden ones searching about 70-90 times. Laughing 
    Rosie Hallahan

Contests - daily trophies Empty Daily trophies

Post  Rosie Hallahan Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 am

Mela, the contest results you can see are previous results.  You cannot see the running totals from the contest you are in, it's really just a guide for how many you MAY need to get a place.  I only really play for a couple of hours a day when I can, I think the trophies are only achievable if you sit and play all day.  I don't even bother with the banishing ones, I have won a couple of wooden ones searching about 70-90 times. Laughing
    xx Vix xx
    xx Vix xx

MM Name : xx Vix xx

Contests - daily trophies Empty Tabs....

Post  xx Vix xx Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Poppy wrote:The contests are very new. Try the info or FAQ section, they usually post new info there. As far as I can tell, they are usually about banishing something, like a gypsy, or a certain snatchin. If u banish in the high levels, you win those medals which are exchangeable  for stuff in the store.
    I haven't won any yet though. By the time I see a new contest, persons have banished 2-4 thousand of the critter, and I don't even try because I know I can't come close to that.

Honestly I don't know how they do it, must have thousands of banishing weapons, or they are buying them.  I'd love to know more as well.
    I don't know of a contest that involved exploring any of the rooms.
    There are 3 tabs when you go into the contests screen:
    1 for banishing
    1 for searching a particular room
    1 for getting items from a particular collection (3 or 4 of the items will be available in drop lists for other rooms, rather than just the usual room for that collection)

Look on the left of the banishing screen for the magnifying glass & chest tabs bounce 
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you for that new information. Obviously I had only saw the banishing ones. I also did not know about the results being previous results. I will re visit the contests.
    Melafree28655

Friend Code : 183bf0
    MM Name : Melissa

Post  Melafree28655 Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you all! I just assumed the ones listed were current. It's kinda hard to tell if you want to invest in them if you can't see where you placed Mad 
    kdaggs

Post  kdaggs Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:41 pm

I focused on the contests and have won some of the lower level trophies. I'm not sure how someone is able to banish thousands of creatures or how they can search rooms so many times, but it's clear that people are doing this. I'm determined to win one of these contests and have a strategy laid out. I'll post back if my strategy works. lol
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Post  paulinelhg Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:44 am

Well, I didnt play much and I chose my battle wisely... won 2 times, a bronze and a silver... you will get a trophy that will give you collection item every hour for 24 hours. Plan to check in often the next day

The items are random , thus bronze room gave better items than the silver in my case. However, the reward of getting the silver room is better. you can redeem it for charms I think (check out the store).
    cazc

MM Name : kc

Contests - daily trophies Empty Contests ?...

Post  cazc Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:08 am

Can't figure these out. gypsy girls come up again, looked at the winners list from last time and I banished more than enough to get a trophy up in top 10 but no recognition and no trophy. Was connected to the internet and in contest counter showed I had banished upwards of 170 - has anyone else found that rewards have not been give? For those of you that have earned a trophy what notification do you get? Do you have to registrar before you start contest??? There is a real lack of clear instructions Sad
    Cazc
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:18 am

I'll say instructions are lacking. There never were any! That I saw. I will look for room items but I'll be damned if I'm going to banish 170 of anything on the remote chance I might win. So not worth it. How can u have a decent contest if you don't even understand the rules nor the odds. Stupid stupid GI surpassed themselves on this one. Probably can't include instructions because they can't speak English.
    belle MM
    belle MM

Post  belle MM Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:26 pm

cazc wrote:Can't figure these out.  gypsy girls come up again, looked at the winners list from last time and I banished more than enough to get a trophy up in top 10 but no recognition and no trophy. Was connected to the internet and in contest counter showed I had banished upwards of 170 - has anyone else found that rewards have not been give?  For those of you that have earned a trophy what notification do you get?  Do you have to registrar before you start contest??? There is a real lack of clear instructions Sad
    Cazc

The winners list that you see is from banishing the previous days creature/person. So, today if you try competing in banishing the gypsy girl, then tomorrow you will be able to see how many people banished to get a trophy.

Based on today's results of the gypsy girl banishing, it looks like the minimum is just over 800 to qualify for a trophy. It could net different results next time, but if you attempt the gypsy girl or boy in the future I would aim for at least 1000 - but still no guarantee.

Last edited by belle MM on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the trophy results from gypsy girl)
    zin

Friend Code : c4cb33

Post  zin Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 am

Yes gypsy girl contest is thankless. If you don't banish around 900 chances are you won't get a trophy.

I managed to get on the leaderboard on 2 of the contests but it only picked up the one, quite annoyed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm