MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+4
karen_ni
Trekker
Dazza JP
Mbstr8k
8 posters

Birthday surprise

Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Birthday surprise Empty Birthday surprise

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 am

Yesterday was my 40th b-day...again...so I took a full day off from MM after "quickly" gifting my 50 gifts. It was a great family day. Unbeknownst to me, my oldest, very shy and quiet, daughter planned a mini-surprise party for me. She arranged for my best friend to take me out for retail therapy under the guise of her reward coupon expiring at our favorite clothing store....upon my return my parents, nieces, a few cousins and an aunt were at my house! I was completely surprised, especially since it wasn't a significant b-day of any kind. We had a great cook-out and lots of Laughter as we shared family stories. My daughter was beside herself that she had pulled it off.

My gifts? A Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and a stylus for the iPad and iPhone.....or as I like to call them.....mystery manor enhancement gifts! :-). I've wanted the stylus ever since Admin mentioned it months ago.

For my MM friends....I'll be around today gifting as soon as I can, my folks are still in town, so it may take awhile. But, I haven't forgotten you all! Very Happy

Just another day wiser......
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Birthday surprise Empty Re: Birthday surprise

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 am

Mbstr8k wrote:Yesterday was my 40th b-day...again...so I took a full day off from MM after "quickly" gifting my 50 gifts. It was a great family day. Unbeknownst to me, my oldest, very shy and quiet, daughter planned a mini-surprise party for me. She arranged for my best friend to take me out for retail therapy under the guise of her reward coupon expiring at our favorite clothing store....upon my return my parents, nieces, a few cousins and an aunt were at my house! I was completely surprised, especially since it wasn't a significant b-day of any kind. We had a great cook-out and lots of Laughter as we shared family stories. My daughter was beside herself that she had pulled it off.

My gifts? A Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and a stylus for the iPad and iPhone.....or as I like to call them.....mystery manor enhancement gifts! :-). I've wanted the stylus ever since Admin mentioned it months ago.

For my MM friends....I'll be around today gifting as soon as I can, my folks are still in town, so it may take awhile. But, I haven't forgotten you all! Very Happy

Well Happy Birthday to you Charlotte !!

I will be hiting the big 40 very soon Crying or Very sad
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Dazza JP wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:Yesterday was my 40th b-day...again...so I took a full day off from MM after "quickly" gifting my 50 gifts. It was a great family day. Unbeknownst to me, my oldest, very shy and quiet, daughter planned a mini-surprise party for me. She arranged for my best friend to take me out for retail therapy under the guise of her reward coupon expiring at our favorite clothing store....upon my return my parents, nieces, a few cousins and an aunt were at my house! I was completely surprised, especially since it wasn't a significant b-day of any kind. We had a great cook-out and lots of Laughter as we shared family stories. My daughter was beside herself that she had pulled it off.

Well Happy Birthday to you Charlotte !!

I will be hiting the big 40 very soon Crying or Very sad

Thank you. :-). And the 40s aren't so bad. It is the next BIG one (always is) that I worry about. LOL My husband is 18 months younger, so he likes when my b-day comes because he then gets to tell people I am 2 years older for a 1/2 year! He married an older woman......but I ACT younger.
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Happy Birthday! cheers
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a great day! I spent my 40th (2 years ago) in the hospital suffering from dehydration due to the stomach flu and almost 9 months pregnant so I am happy to hear you enjoyed yours!
    oneble

Friend Code : 4b0c67
    MM Name : the doc

Post  oneble Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 am

It was also my birthday yesterday so was celebrating a little. However my 40th past last year but still talkign about it. Roll on the next big one I say - party time!!!
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Happy Birthday to you as well! Very Happy I'm well on my way to the next big one, but I'm good with that. Life is good.

Thanks to all for the b-day wishes.

i'm enjoying the pointer...only for searching, not gifting. The keyboard is pretty cool, too. I don't have to switch screens to type numbers, makes it easier for entering synthesizer codes if I ever need them.

It is a gorgeous day here - 73deg..compared to the 90 plus it has been. No MM until tonight for me! (This is just a lunch break....LOL)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 am

A belated Happy Birthday!!

Sorry for the lateness, but work's been a killer, and I'm in the process of moving now too...

And 40 is the new 20!! Very Happy
    Bettsy
    Bettsy

Friend Code : 29d677
    MM Name : Bettsy

Birthday surprise Empty Birthdays

Post  Bettsy Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 am

Admin wrote:A belated Happy Birthday!!

Sorry for the lateness, but work's been a killer, and I'm in the process of moving now too...

And 40 is the new 20!! Very Happy

Totally agree but it may be easier to say that you are as old as you feel, so as long as my head says I am in my 20's then my body will just have to keep up! Just enjoy life no matter what the number and surprise birthday parties and time with your family sounds perfect Very Happy
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 am

OH! MB I missed this thread! Much too late - but nevertheless all my best wishes!
    I'd never have guessed! In my mind you will always be a bubbly 30!
    jocolor
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Funny thing is, I can remember when my mother was my age and I thought she was OLD. Now, I realize she felt much like a do, totally young at heart and that age is just a number. (Although, I agree with Bettsy about the body keeping up part!) my mother, by the way, still plays on an organized soccer team at age 73. :: Very Happy

Maybe it is time for another water gun fight with the girls......:-)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:Maybe it is time for another water gun fight with the girls......:-)
    Go girl! Basketball

It's true - there was a time I didn't do much sports for months and I can say my body feels younger now then at those times. I feel better when I'm at peace with my body Smile
    I have good genes too - my mom is almost 70 and does lots hiking, skiing and working out - and all of my greatmothers & -aunts reached way over the age of 90 Very Happy
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:Maybe it is time for another water gun fight with the girls......:-)
    Go girl! Basketball

It's true - there was a time I didn't do much sports for months and I can say my body feels younger now then at those times. I feel better when I'm at peace with my body Smile
    I have good genes too - my mom is almost 70 and does lots hiking, skiing and working out - and all of my greatmothers & -aunts reached way over the age of 90 Very Happy

My mother is ready to go back to visit Germany and do a another Volkes march! Did I spell that correctly?:-/

Ok, time to leave mmuff...and get moving!:-) oh, girls.... (they'll never know what hit them!)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:My mother is ready to go back to visit Germany and do a another Volkes march! Did I spell that correctly?:-/
    mh - almost. Its called "Volksmarsch" but it isn't really a word that's used much - I haven't heard it in ages Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm