MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


+4
pianofingers
Debinapril
CheezerWhizzer
Mogul
8 posters

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    avatar
    Mogul


    Posts : 73
    Points : 3852
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-05-07

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Mogul Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 am

    Has anyone seen the uncles lately? I have a couple if hundred pilgrim has I would like to use up & I haven't seen either uncle snatchin or sly uncle in almost a week
    avatar
    CheezerWhizzer


    Posts : 100
    Points : 3925
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-02

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  CheezerWhizzer Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:53 am

    They vanished when the event ended.
    Debinapril
    Debinapril


    Posts : 141
    Points : 3928
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Debinapril Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:58 am

    Not seen one for ages. it's a shame because some people gifted the hats after the event finished and now they're sitting in my inventory looking forlorn! Interestingly I am still getting Chests sent to me!
    pianofingers
    pianofingers


    Posts : 262
    Points : 4086
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  pianofingers Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 am

    Just wondering, do you find it annoying to be asked to open a chest? Smile
    Debinapril
    Debinapril


    Posts : 141
    Points : 3928
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Debinapril Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 am

    pianofingers wrote:Just wondering, do you find it annoying to be asked to open a chest? Smile

    Me? No not at all, it was just that as the event has finished people are still sending chests. I would have thought they'd have sent them already.
    Debinapril
    Debinapril


    Posts : 141
    Points : 3928
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Debinapril Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 am

    Thinking about it I guess people could have been on holiday and have just returned. I suppose in the back of my mind I wondered if thry'd found a stray Uncle Sam and had been able to use their Pilgrim Hats after all. Very Happy
    pianofingers
    pianofingers


    Posts : 262
    Points : 4086
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  pianofingers Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 am

    Or they could just be choosing a few people to send the chests to, those whom they trust to open it. Very Happy Thus, they are only sending out a few each day and still have a lot of chests left.
    avatar
    lynnhas


    Posts : 36
    Points : 3811
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Location : Los Angeles
    MM Name : lynn

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  lynnhas Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 am

    That is absolutely the case, Pianofingers. I have about 100 unopened chests still. I only send them out to trusted friends, so it will take me some time to work through the inventory. I hope I can still charge the July 4 collections and get the rewards.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k


    Posts : 483
    Points : 4460
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Mbstr8k Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

    lynnhas wrote:That is absolutely the case, Pianofingers. I have about 100 unopened chests still. I only send them out to trusted friends, so it will take me some time to work through the inventory. I hope I can still charge the July 4 collections and get the rewards.

    Plus every chest your friend opens it helps their chest opening achievement.:-) According to the the FAQ that GI just posted on their FB page, we are supposed to get the rewards for the holiday events even after you lose the roamers that help you with it. This is something new. I wonder if GI reactivated the valentine rewards? It is Kind of stupid to keep collections visible if the rewards aren't given. People can trade, but it will only older players who will have the items to trade or give. We'll have to see if the holiday events reoccur year to year. (will I still be playing then? Question )

    I was on vacation during most of the 4th event....frustrated because my wifi was so bad, i didn't get a chance to use all my pilgrim hats!

    Keep sending those chests!:-).
    avatar
    Mogul


    Posts : 73
    Points : 3852
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-05-07

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Mogul Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 am

    I was so wrapped up trying to complete the monster event and was asking friends daily for branches, garlic, bullets and skulls that I didn't want to bother them with chests. I am going to give friends a break for a bit and then start sending chests as I have over a hundred. Shame about the 200 pilgrim hats - maybe they can be re-used next year.
    avatar
    ii


    Posts : 10
    Points : 3687
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-25
    Friend Code : 6553c3
    MM Name : ii

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  ii Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:37 pm

    Newbie question -- why send the chests to someone else to open? Do they send back whatever comes out of it? How do they benefit from this?

    Also, how are people still requesting these chests? Someone asks me for one everyday and I'm able to gift it.

    BTW, I joined the forum a few days ago and have already learned so much. Thanks! I can't believe how badly I was playing before.

    - ii
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

    ii wrote:Newbie question -- why send the chests to someone else to open? Do they send back whatever comes out of it? How do they benefit from this?

    Also, how are people still requesting these chests? Someone asks me for one everyday and I'm able to gift it.

    BTW, I joined the forum a few days ago and have already learned so much. Thanks! I can't believe how badly I was playing before.

    - ii

    If you have a friend open it you don't have to spend your diamonds and if the friend is talented you can get multiple items from one chest. A lot of players had hundreds of chests so even though the event is over the chests are still in inventory.
    avatar
    ii


    Posts : 10
    Points : 3687
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-25
    Friend Code : 6553c3
    MM Name : ii

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  ii Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 pm

    Oh, I see. Thank you.

    Do you know why I am able to gift them from my wall requests if I don't have any in my inventory? Also, how are they requested if they are not a charging item?

    - ii
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:20 pm

    When you send them it is a request to open the chest. When opened the friend gets coins and you get items. If you open your inventory and tap the chest icon you can see if you have any and ask a friend to open. Just make sure the friend you ask is an active player. If you need more help feel free to join the chat box!
    ycul
    ycul


    Posts : 233
    Points : 4264
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : Indonesia and N.C. USA
    MM Name : ycul

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  ycul Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 pm

    Mbstr8k wrote:
    lynnhas wrote:That is absolutely the case, Pianofingers. I have about 100 unopened chests still. I only send them out to trusted friends, so it will take me some time to work through the inventory. I hope I can still charge the July 4 collections and get the rewards.

    Plus every chest your friend opens it helps their chest opening achievement.:-) According to the the FAQ that GI just posted on their FB page, we are supposed to get the rewards for the holiday events even after you lose the roamers that help you with it. This is something new. I wonder if GI reactivated the valentine rewards? It is Kind of stupid to keep collections visible if the rewards aren't given. People can trade, but it will only older players who will have the items to trade or give. We'll have to see if the holiday events reoccur year to year. (will I still be playing then? Question )

    I was on vacation during most of the 4th event....frustrated because my wifi was so bad, i didn't get a chance to use all my pilgrim hats!

    Keep sending those chests!:-).

    MB, I charged some xmas collections the other day and got the rewards. They worked too I tested them! Smile I'd check the valentines coll but I don't had the charges needed. wings, bows and arrows!


    Last edited by ycul on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add.)
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k


    Posts : 483
    Points : 4460
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Location : East coast
    MM Name : Charlotte

    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Mbstr8k Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm



    MB, I charged some xmas collections the other day and got the rewards. They worked too I tested them! :) I'd check the valentines coll but I don't had the charges needed. wings, bows and arrows![/quote]

    That is good news! :-). I'll have to request those collection items at some point. Probably after the next full-moon event.....I'm still trying to collect chargers for that.

    Sponsored content


    Sly uncle/uncle snatch Empty Re: Sly uncle/uncle snatch

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:03 am