MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+2
VaMags
Mags UFF
6 posters

All of the joy is gone

Mags UFF
    Mags UFF

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Mags UFF (Shamrock +

All of the joy is gone Empty All of the joy is gone

Post  Mags UFF Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:10 pm

The last two updates have completely sucked all of the fun out of this game for me. I've left reviews for the app, which is something I seldom do. I even wrote GI an e-mail after the last update. I have of course gotten no reply. This is what I said to them...

Game insight,
    I don't normally write reviews or send feedback for any of my apps. However, the latest update of Mystery Manor has made me feel the need to share my thoughts with you. I have been an avid player for over a year and often found it difficult to put the game down. I, like so many others, was  excited when I saw an available update. "what new quests would I find, what kind of creatures would pop up, etc" I quickly learned that the one glitch that worked in the players favor was fixed.  Well, it was a bug so I could live with that, but gifting was a lot of fun. Then I went to accept gifts and this is where my fun ceased to be. It took me way too long to even accept gifts I had been sent. I understand that to eliminate the gifting bug, the gift sent button was your answer. There has to be a better way that is more efficient. I decided there was still new quests (which I hadn't had in awhile) so I would still be happy, even when I discovered that previous inventory no longer counts towards new quests. I tried to use a turtle charm, but no luck since I had the same vanquished charm running since I received it as it just kept restarting the countdown when I reached the end of the time limit. Even at this point I was not ready to give up, I plowed on got through several quests and collected all the items to "glue the torn photo" back together. This is when I hit my final straw. Item drop rates are lower than they ever have been before, even with charms running; and now your quests ask for ridiculous amounts of each item to complete a quest. I'm currently on the 5 of each of the Atlantis items to enter the room. A higher level friend told me another coming my way is 25 of items such as miso soup. With gifting pretty much a thing of the past, people will never get these amounts of items. I have spend quite a bit of my hard earned dollars on this game, but I believe that you as a company have now reached a threshold that is unrealistic of what consumers are willing let alone able to pay for with the economy of the world in its present state. You have taken a game that was a lot of fun and very addicting to one that most die-hard players are giving up on.  I work for an entertainment company so I know how hard it is to find that balance between the bottom line and consumer satisfaction. I also know that if an entertainment company refuses to listen to its consumers feedback, they are now set up for long term success.  Read the multiple fans sites and you will hear the same things being said over and over.  Or don't read the sites and don't let your loyal customers know that you are listening and lose the business. As someone who has been a loyal customer and is fighting a losing battle at still enjoying this game; I merely wanted to let you know how myself and many others are feeling. Guess I will go back to killing pigs with angry birds to entertain me in the mean while.
    Regards,
    Mags
    VaMags

MM Name : Mags (w/Rose)

All of the joy is gone Empty Re: All of the joy is gone

Post  VaMags Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:39 am

Just want my friends to know that the author of the above post is not me, the MM "Mags" with a rose. Want to make sure credit goes to the right person. Very Happy
    Heremeow

MM Name : Heremeow

Post  Heremeow Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Well said! Please post their response if you get one. This makes me wonder if maybe we team together, a bunch of us fans can write to them and complain and then maybe they will listen.
    Brescot
    Brescot

Friend Code : F6a748
    MM Name : Scobre the boycotter

Post  Brescot Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 am

Good one...I think you just got added to my friends list just as I have lost interest.
    kmnrc35

Post  kmnrc35 Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:27 am

Great job Mags on expressing so well what everyone is feeling. I agree the joy is gone and I like you tried the new way of playing but am having a lot of frustration. You are a great friend and it's folks like you that keep me at least checking my wall. I want to believe if enough of us write or re-rate the game,( its at 2.5) stars and dropping, maybe they will listen to what we would like to see for a change. I for one have been wanting the friend list in alphabetical order and have asked about that several times. The response I Recieved was we are " working" on that, lol.
    Misato
    Misato

Friend Code : 776936

Post  Misato Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I have the feeling we are playing the game called Mystery Manor, and they are playing the game called How Can We Make These People Even More Miserable.

They should be ashamed giving us these almost impossible quests and assuming we will either spend diamonds to complete them or dedicate hours a day to them. We have three weeks to do the Olympic quests? In the first week I have had exactly two bubbles drop and no jump ropes. At this rate it would take me two years to complete unless I want to spend 1,080 diamonds to complete it in time. Same thing on the monster quests for me. I finally got the first zombie quests done thanks to the multi-gifting that was available before and now I got the Hunting Skeletons quest. I have had one bat drop during the first time they had the event and none since so to finish this quest and move on I have to buy those as well. Most players are so far ahead of me I don't know how they do it. Plus I'm afraid to banish anything without a turtle running or I may just get a charging item that I can ask friends for instead of the collection items that I really need. I have had the Emerald quest forever now and have not seen the native idol once since I got it and I sure haven't seen it in the bedroom. Oh yeah, I have the robot oil can quest and already know I will have to shell out 270 diamonds if I ever want to finish it. Those are just a few of the many frustrating quests in this game. I haven't even got the filet or miso soup quests yet and I am so dreading them and I know I'll never find all the Island stuff either.

If they would increase the items that drop when you search a room I would feel a little better but this on top of the hoops we have to jump through to send and receive gifts, the slow energy restoration, the high cost of items, the game freezing constantly, the restore energy window popping up every 30 seconds, not being able to sort friends, etc etc. The kicker is that the prizes for these quests are never worth the amount of diamonds you would have to spend to complete them. How far can the push us before we all find a game that is actually fun.

Mags thank you for taking the time to write a letter. I submitted a one star review of the game recently and I hope if enough people do that they will think about it but I won't hold my breath.

Sorry this is so long Embarassed
    Venting here

Mags UFF
    Mags UFF

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Mags UFF (Shamrock +

All of the joy is gone Empty Thanks for reading

Post  Mags UFF Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave your support Smile. I still have received no response from GI and do not believe I will get one. I sent this email to them on August 2nd. I do believe in the power of the written word, that is why I don't rate/review anything unless I have a very strong opinion. There is a boycott for 24 hours today of playing MM. I encourage anyone, who feels that they have a voice to be heard; that they speak up. Partake in the boycott, write a review for the app (it generally takes 24 hours for those to appear), or write a letter to GI. I have meet some amazing people playing this game, and they are the only reason I have not conceded defeat and deleted the app yet. Stay positive my friends sunny

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am