Secondly, this fix has worked for me however should anyone want to try it, please don't blame me if it screws up your game. It may get you back on-line though and I have been able to log back in today for the first time in a week. I would suggest you do a full back-up before you try any of this.
So here you go and perhaps one of the mods will make this a Sticky:-
In order to fix your game you may want to try the following:
1. Install iTunes to your computer from http://www.apple.com/itunes/
2. Install iExplorer to your computer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
3. Plug your iPad into your computer
4. Start iExplorer in demo mode (you don't need to pay for demo mode)
5. Go to Apps
6. Find Mystery Manor in the list and click it(for MAC).
If you are using PC right-click and choose mount as a disk and then use the Windows explorer
7. Click Documents and find crashes.sav (I deleted just this file - no need to delete the crashes.cache.sav)
8. Right-click on it and choose Delete. If you fail to delete files, try to rename them.
9. Unplug the iPad and try to open the game.
Good luck but it worked for me first time!
You do need to download some programs to your PC and it also prompted a series of windows security updates for me for Microsoft.NET Framework 4 although that may have been a coincidence.