MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game

gemfinder
    gemfinder

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game Empty Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game

Post  gemfinder Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Firstly, I am back and alive in Mystery Manor. Thank you to my friends for the support and patience although it sounds like gifting may not be much fun these days!!! Apologies but all wall requests are greyed out so I won't be able to action them.

Secondly, this fix has worked for me however should anyone want to try it, please don't blame me if it screws up your game. It may get you back on-line though and I have been able to log back in today for the first time in a week. I would suggest you do a full back-up before you try any of this.

So here you go and perhaps one of the mods will make this a Sticky:-

In order to fix your game you may want to try the following:

1. Install iTunes to your computer from http://www.apple.com/itunes/
    2. Install iExplorer to your computer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    3. Plug your iPad into your computer
    4. Start iExplorer in demo mode (you don't need to pay for demo mode)
    5. Go to Apps
    6. Find Mystery Manor in the list and click it(for MAC).
    If you are using PC right-click and choose mount as a disk and then use the Windows explorer
    7. Click Documents and find crashes.sav (I deleted just this file - no need to delete the crashes.cache.sav)
    8. Right-click on it and choose Delete. If you fail to delete files, try to rename them.
    9. Unplug the iPad and try to open the game.

Good luck but it worked for me first time! Smile

You do need to download some programs to your PC and it also prompted a series of windows security updates for me for Microsoft.NET Framework 4 although that may have been a coincidence.
    slycreations
    slycreations

MM Name : slycreations

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game Empty Re: Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game

Post  slycreations Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Great info gemfinder. thanks for posting!

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game Empty Re: Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game

Post  Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank you
    This thread has been stickied.

Brad5868
    Casey80997

Friend Code : B05349
    MM Name : Casey

Post  Casey80997 Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 pm

This solution works! I was a little leery to try it, but it worked first time for me. Thanks!!!

My game has been freezing during gift collecting, primarily with Mystery Gifts. It's very frustrating. Today it froze, then crashed and old not reopen. After several hours it was still not loading...but tried this and now I'm back online. Woo hoo!

Thanks
    gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game Empty Crashing

Post  gailg Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 pm

My game crashes every few minutes if I do certain things, the only time it doesn't is when exploring. My main crashes revolve around charging collections, for two updates I have not been able to charge a single collection. I read on FB page someone wrote a solution, I can't say Thankyou to this person because I am banned from posting on the page, goodness knows why??? The solution did not work at first because I wasn't getting the whole process but it's worth a try. This is what I did in the game I held both buttons down, the home button and the power button, I held them both down until first of all the slide to off screen came along but this time I kept on holding until that went away and the apple appeared. Then I let go. The apple will stay there for ages if you let it but finally I got tired and clicked around on them. And home screen appeared. Went into the game and for the first time in 2 weeks I charged several collections. I could play game for half an hour charging collections and then finally it crashed so I did same thing. :gail:
    ksc

Fix for Getting Back into a Crashed Game Empty game lost

Post  ksc Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 am

I am playing on the Kindle Fire.  This morning the game was gone and when I went into the apps it wants me to install it again.  If I do will I lose everything?  I was at level 135 and had tons of diamonds.  I contacted GI and have not heard from them.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 pm