MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+2
Ruthmmforum
gdolen
6 posters

Advice..Should I give up?

gdolen

Friend Code : 57b9ee
    MM Name : gdolen

Advice..Should I give up? Empty Advice..Should I give up?

Post  gdolen Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I posted the other day I had been under suspician of cheating..At the time it said time cheating. Support contacted me, and then said I had made purchases not using itunes and I have committed fraud! They wanted receipts. Since then I have provided them with there first request (the receipts) then they want a screen shot of my purchase history, okay I sent that..I also had been contacting apple support I sent them the apple support request confirmations which were just requests for receipts which is what GI requested day one !!This is now day 5..The money had been deducted from my bank..I tunes clearly has stated In receipts I paid. Yet everyday GI sends me some stupid answer asking for something else!!!I feel like I am being jerked around!! I dont understand technical stuff..Is there anyone who can tell me what might be going on or if in fact they may not of recieved payment..Because today I am at my wits end! In fact I feel THEY now are committing fraud by not admitting that they have been paid which again all evidence supports they have in fact been paid the measly money they are ruining my week over.. Im tired of this back and forth. Does it end? How to get them to give me real answers? Any other advice? Im sure most of you understand how frustrating this is..GI is the WORST company I have ever dealt with..I believe there support team offices are located in hell because they are evil.. Evil or Very Mad
    Ruthmmforum

Advice..Should I give up? Empty What have they given you?

Post  Ruthmmforum Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Have you asked them to give you specifics? Ask them to tell you on what basis they have made this accusation. Ask them to provide you with numbers, date ranges - specifics - the amount of diamonds in question. Make it clear that since they are asking you to provide receipts - you now believe they have jumped the gun - they should have records of how much you purchased before accusing you of having too many. Tell them clearly that asking for screenshots etc. also tells you they have jumped the gun. Tell them that you have tried to be helpful, and provided them with info, but you must now insist that they fulfill their initial obligation of giving you more specifics. Try to turn this around and put them in the hot seat. Insist at this point on dealing with the decision maker - I am assuming you are still dealing with general support. Try not to go nuclear in language but be insistent and business .

As a back door approach, separately appeal to fellow in US office, wit copy or forwarding email to them. I think can dig up name of US Pr guy. Maybe a US intermediary can break thru this crap.

Also, tell them that the message that is appearing to other players re complaints needs to immediately be removed or changed. It is clear that there have been no player complaints about you. Tell them that they have no business publisizing and slandering you to the 1000s of worldwide GI players. Here where a hot attitude would be warranted.

Pm me if you like Aka Nancy I'm in your friend list.

gdolen

Advice..Should I give up? Empty furious

Post  gdolen Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I tried to PM you but Im having a problem with my computer so Ill just put it here..Nancy!! So glad to hear from a friend! I miss you all terribly.. Thanks for your response..I know this is just a game, but I worked so hard.. and being accused of fraud is insulting..I dont think GI recognizes us as people with morals or anything.. I have not cheated..honestly I wouldnt even know how..I have no idea how to get diamonds without using itunes...I even tried appealing to them on a personal level.. Im in a new city, with a boyfriend who travels and I suffer from depression. So MM is basically my one connection with people right now and I would never jeopardize that. Half of the things they request from me I spent hours googling trying to figure out how to do it..For example you cannot take a sceenshot, or copy your purchase page because it is secure..so I photoed my PC screen with my Iphone..And i dont think thats any of there business because they are seeing all of my purchases..
    Im def going to follow your advice, they have been attacking me I want their proof..It would be great if you found that PR US guy.. I have never dealt with anything in my life!!Im a CMRS in the medical field and deal with complicated claims ect..Nothing has been as difficult as this ..A game thats supposed to be free...Thing is too I had zero diamonds..But like i said the leprachaun 3 times as many..why not? I wanted to help friends battle and as we know they are impossible without diamonds..SO I spent 9.99 and 19.99...Just 2 purchases.. i dont all of a sudden have this astranomical amount of diamonds..I bought chests to enter the boss fights and tombs and then boom.. the cheating message!I think they are starting a scam or something..If you take note of the new feature 2 diamonds to visit all friends and collect rewards WITHOUT visiting seems fishy to me .. People are PM ing me that they too have high level friends who have suddenly disappeared, daily players!..SO I m wondering how many of us are locked in our manors being strung along while they try to suck diamonds out of us while support takes its sweet time..They keep switching my case number too..they change my support person..they end cases start new ones. It really says Im a cheater when you try to visit me? Im so mad, but I know my friends know that I am not..but i will take this up with them..I always keep a relatively low level of friends..so I can get around to everybody and not leave anyone out..I dont see how there could be complaints...I feel like im taking up the whole forum but Im wondering about the 2 diamond thing and how many others they are doing this too.. I really apppreciate your feedback..and I hope I get unbanned because I miss you guys but I'll NEVER give them another cent..Boy i learned my lesson! Ill keep you upadated..if you fnd out anything else PM me or post. If you ever make a purhase I would suggest taking a screen shot of the confirmation ..I wish I had done that..but who knew!!I never worried cause I wasnt doing anything wrong..Thanks again
    TTYS GDolen

Last edited by gdolen on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    highlandlass
    highlandlass

MM Name : highlandlass

Advice..Should I give up? Empty Re: Advice..Should I give up?

Post  highlandlass Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm so sorry you're having such awful problems. I have heard of other players who have been accused of time cheating, some of them had been on holiday to a different time zone and taken their device with them, which is why it happened, but others had never been anywhere and never altered the time on their device, but were still accused, so as the previous poster said, you need to ask them for evidence as to your supposed crime, because after all, if you have no knowledge of anything then they need to provide evidence to back up their accusations!

I honestly don't know how they could say you had made purchases outside of iTunes, I'm nowhere technical enough to even begin to understand how they could say that or how it could even be done! If you have sent them your receipts then what more proof could they possibly want??? The only thing I am wondering is perhaps if you changed the payment card that is registered to your iTunes account recently? Maybe the card went out of date and therefore one of the purchases didn't go through? Just trying to think of any reason why they might query your purchases, although to be honest I'm sure it is more likely to be a problem with their server not processing the purchase properly than anything else. There have been so many issues within the game lately that clearly the servers are struggling to handle even basic in-game situations. I know lots of people who have been unable to visit friends for a long while now, I myself have had loads of error messages saying "no server response", I lost all my helpers (5 times!), couldn't see friends collections etc. etc.... I think the game is getting too many players now and the servers are struggling to cope with demand.

I totally understand why you are thinking of quitting, I think if I were in your situation I would quit, because after all, isn't a game something you do for entertainment and relaxation? It shouldn't cause you upset and trouble like this! BUT, I have to say, try to hang in there, ask them for their evidence, if you can get in touch with the local rep then that's another good thing to try (didn't even know they had local reps but you learn something every day!).

I really really hope you get this sorted out and will be interested to hear how you get on. If I can help in any way please let me know.
    gdolen

Post  gdolen Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks for your advice..I checked my credit card is still valid..I have receipts the money has been taken out of my bank..I really dont know what else to do..Im sure tomorrow there will be another email with a stupid request..I just told them they need to check there records again because on my end and with apple all is paid. This is what Im dealing with...
    These are the messages from GI..Do they make sense to you? Thanks for helping
    ..............................................................................
    Thank you for the answer!

After verification of the information provided I should inform you that according to our database your payments were done using service other than iTunes one. In this case such transactions are considered as fraud. As a result the game is no longer available for installing and playing on your device.

If you believe this information does not reflect the case objectively, please send me copies of your receipts from iTunes in attachment, so I could make a more thorough review on this question.

To view your Purchase history click the Store tab in the upper menu in iTunes → View My Account → enter your login and password (if requested) and you will see your account information. Open your Purchase history and click “See all”.

Once you find all the information requested, please send it to me so we could proceed. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Sophie Bykowski
    Your Support Team

December 11, 2012 15:45

Thank you for answer!

To take a deeper look into your matter I would like you to provide me with a screenshot illustrating your Purchase history click the Store tab in the upper menu in iTunes → View My Account → enter your login and password.

To take a screenshot using your iPad, iPhone or iPod please press the Home button and the Power button simultaneously. You will see the screen ‘flash’ white and hear a camera ‘clicking’ sound. Then you can find the taken screenshots in the Photo folder → Camera Roll/ Saved Photos and send screenshots to me (support@game-insight.com).

It will give me more information about the issue you experience and I will get to the bottom of what has happened. Looking forward to your reply!

Sincerely,
    Sophie Bykowski
    Your Support Team

December 12, 2012 12:54

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

My name is Sophie and it is my pleasure to assist you. To resolve the issue I would highly recommend you to contact Apple Support by following the link: http://www.apple.com/support/
    and resend me your correspondens.

Please, make certain that Apple Support Team receives your request and I'm sure you will get the issue eliminated very soon. In case my help is required please don't hesitate to contact me any time and I will assist you the best way I can!

Sincerely,
    Sophie Bykowski
    Your Support Team

December 14, 2012 12:01

(I dont even think they read my requests or check anything)
    Ruthmmforum

Advice..Should I give up? Empty John Kopp

Post  Ruthmmforum Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am

John Kopp, PR Director, Game Insight

In San Francisco Office. He was involved at some point during summer strike. You will find the posting re him under chit chat in August. Sorry I am not adept at copying the link for you.

His email is kopp@game-insight.us

Looks like he is still there.

Hoping for the best. I miss my friend too!
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:17 pm

I personally would not give out any sensitive information to GI.

I made a complaint and gave them my UDID and flexed my butt cheeks in anticipation and, true to form, every time I log into game now I get a Diamond Purchase confirmation blue box, even though I have never once tried to purchase anything.

They are a bunch of Russian Gangsters in my view, and I would strongly advise not to give them any Apple ITunes info or credit card. Every response they give is an automated response from a fake representative. If you have an issue, take it up with Apple. Lawyers are no better than GI. Saying that, Apple won't care either.

Hope you get it sorted, it's tantamount to theft/ fraud. Just keep a record of everything. Good Luck!
    gdolen

Post  gdolen Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

And I am Unbanned! I got a reply to today stating that they have in fact found "one count of fraud" apparently not using itunes blah blah blah..I find it funny because Itunes has refunded me every penny that GI has accused me of "fraudently" acquiring..But after almost over one month of going back and forth with them..Im tired of arguing..I got my game back... I know I didnt steal currency..Here is the reponse:

Dear player,
    I am sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, one of your in-app purchases has been detected as fraudulent. We have checked the payment again and unbanned your game. Please check it out.

Thanks for playing our games
    Support Team
    Alex Brajcev

This make sense to anyone? Anyway Im only back for my friends..Lesson learned..NEVER purchase currency...And if they do this to you..which they probably will..dont give up !!

See you in the manor cheers
    Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Great result Gdolen.

Happy you got your game back without having to employ lawyers! As for GI response, well, vague as ever but you have shown us all that perseverance works. They have a tendency not to engage in dialogue! Very time consuming & stressful no doubt but a positive result for you. It sounds like you had a horrendous time.

Congratulations & welcome back to the game. Very Happy
    Ruthmmforum

Advice..Should I give up? Empty Congratulations!

Post  Ruthmmforum Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 am

So happy you are back - dealing with the GI stuff really seems a grind - I suspect they are not used to such tenacity! Let the games begin!
    islandgirl
    islandgirl

Advice..Should I give up? Empty I have been banned too!

Post  islandgirl Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

FYI players, random, unjust banning is still occurring.

After crashing for the millionth time while trying to banish a roamer in a friend's manor two days ago, I reloaded & got the pop-up that says I'm under suspicion of cheating. Panicked, I immediately wrote GI a note saying I have not changed my clock or anything that the pop-up claims to say I've done & to please provide proof of this accusation.

Today, I received the same stock response gdolen did initially: "After verification of the information provided I should inform you that according to our database your payments were done using service other than iTunes one. In this case such transactions are considered as fraud. As a result the game is no longer available for installing and playing on your device."

Problem is, I never spent any money on this game & thus all my diamonds came from levelling up or from the free FB diamonds. Maybe they are upset that I never gave any money to this game & are trying to weed me out?

I am in the level 120s, had just finished using a few of the flower artifacts in which I levelled up about 5-6 times, but this is normal when using the flower artifiacts, charms, & playing non-stop 18hours out of the 24.

In recent weeks, I had sent in a couple tickets of complaints about missing gifts when the game crashed on me (many times & for separate instances) as I was reviewing gifts given by friends, but of course, they never restored any of my gifts. I really miss my friends in the manor & hate that a cheating message comes up when friends try to visit me, as they know what a loyal & dedicated daily player I've been.

Any other advice what to do in this instance would be greatly appreciated. MM has been a big part of my day since discovering it 6 months ago, & it pains me to be forced to throw away all those months of hard work & gained friendships.
    gdolen

Post  gdolen Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Island Girl..I am so sorry this is happening to you .I know my initial shock and frustration. That is how it started with me. The under suspicion of time cheating. In my first contact to GI I addressed this issue stating I did not change time..ect..Then came the fraudelent purchase accusation. In your case there were in fact no purchases which I find to be insane they could even say that!My advice to you is contact to support and dont let it drop. If they close the case there is the option to reply..Keep replying..I would also contact Apple explain the situation..I know you didnt make purchases but you will have at least the email and case number from Apple stating you have infact been taking every avenue to solve this. A response a few back said to ask for the date, the time and the amount of the so called fraudelent purchase. I would do this. In fact since I still have one fraud accusation supposedly against me, I contacted GI and said I wanted to resolve this and clear my name entirely and to please give the date, amount, and time of the purchase. Havent heard back. I dont know if they are just randomly dumping people or perhaps as I have been telling GI the whole time that there may be some kind of technical error or glitch. The problem is GI doesnt take responsibilty for anything and its almost as if they refuse to believe there could be a problem on there end. I had receipts..they didnt care..I wish I could give your more advice...I hate dealing with them and I feel sick still playing there game because of the way they treat there players..But I love my friends...Keep us updated..If I can think of anything else Ill let you know..Good luck and keep sending GI messages..We cant let them get away with this.. because it seems as if this is becoming some kind of MM epidemic..

Last edited by gdolen on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    islandgirl
    islandgirl

Post  islandgirl Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks for your advice & support, gdolen!

I'm still sad, but now I feel like I need to stand up for myself to the bully GI. I have been victimized by being labeled a cheater to all my friends.

I wrote GI a lengthy reply to their standard response, asking them no less than 3 times to give me the exact date, time, & description of the transaction (as you suggested) so I know why I'm being accused. I'm sure it will take them at least another 2 days to respond, as they usually do. Neutral

I just posted my 1st comment here onto another board to spread the word & to hopefully reach friends that don't frequent this site. If anyone knows anyone on the MM proboards that can pass my message along since I don't have an account there, I would appreciate it too!

Will keep the forum updated on any news (hopefully good & not bad pale )
    Ruthmmforum

Advice..Should I give up? Empty No Details

Post  Ruthmmforum Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm

The worst part of all of this nonsense is they won't give people details of any sort i.e. on this date there is an purchase of this amount; on this date at this time we detected your time advanced changed in this regard etc etc
    If they would give more details you could refute and still give them some info which must help them figure out where their analysis is screwy.

Their standard message about 'complaints' is like rubbing salt into the wound. It would be more professional on their part to simply give a more generic message - "out of order", "closed for business", "out to lunch" or something
    islandgirl
    islandgirl

Post  islandgirl Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Another response that makes me feel like I'm going in circles: "I completely understand your concern in this matter, but If you believe this information does not reflect the case objectively, please send me copies of your receipts from iTunes in attachment, so I could make a more thorough review on this question."

They ignored my requests to know exactly which was the supposed fraudulent purchase. I don't know what to do; I'm not giving up, but they are being ridiculous Evil or Very Mad
    Addicted Unbanned
    Addicted Unbanned

Friend Code : 3273b7
    MM Name : HandyKiev

Advice..Should I give up? Empty I can surely see

Post  Addicted Unbanned Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm

They are idiot number one in gaming business. Hell is their office.

I know Apple will ignore us, even if we wrote 500 000 signatures petition to chastise them or ban them out from App Store. Since they generate money from idiots, and Steeve Jobs has unfortunately died. R.i.P

I believe he is the ultimate God of Apple who would resolve this crap.

My question is -
    do we have any alike game of this social sort where support and developers are normal?

I am still looking for alternative for my iPad.
    Any ideas? Suggestions? bounce
    islandgirl
    islandgirl

Post  islandgirl Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 am

Hi Mjbi,

I know your pain. GI has been playing underhandedly in the whole random banning spree they've been doing & do not want to answer any questions you or I or any others may have.

They never answer my direct question of EXACTLY when I made a "fraudulent purchase" even though I've asked them numerous times for details.

They've closed my case twice already since I opened it last week. Mad And provided unsuitable stock answers that they give to all players no matter the complaint. This last one was this one: "I understand your reaction to the difficulties you faced when playing our game and I would like to thank you for drawing our attention to this matter.

I transferred your comment to our developers for consideration and they will certainly take it into account. By sharing your opinion and experience, you are helping us recognize what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving. We do appreciate that you are playing our game and contribute to making the game better and enjoyable.

Should you have any other suggestions or come across game questions you need my assistance with, please feel free to e-mail me back and open the request for a further discussion. Your interest in our game is highly appreciated!"

Can you imagine the gall to send that kind of non-sensical response to a banned player?? Of course I want to play the game! Mad

I suggest to keep on going back at them & not let up. Also, please refer your case to the BBB. I'm surprised they've only had 2 complaints so far, but hopefully more players will refer their issue - whether it be a banning or some other unresolved technical issue - to BBB to actually get a REAL answer from GI.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/game-insight-in-san-francisco-ca-391638

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm