MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+8
Roxy
Tita
Mbstr8k
Trekker
karen_ni
Admin
pianofingers
Diana
12 posters

Requesting a Charged Collection item

Diana
    Diana

Friend Code : 581e67
    MM Name : DianaB

Requesting a Charged Collection item Empty Requesting a Charged Collection item

Post  Diana Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

Hi. I just got a request for a Triceratops Head and a Tree of Fortune from 2 different players. I clicked and gifted them. First, I didn't know you could request those. Second, they disappeared from my collection. What's going on?
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Requesting a Charged Collection item Empty Re: Requesting a Charged Collection item

Post  pianofingers Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 am

Same thing happened to me today! I was so upset! I just clicked on the wall requests without thinking, and the requests got sent. Then I thought, I've never seen these items on a wall request, are they part of the Easter quest? They looked strangely like the Afrosnatchin Hunter (Safari Hero) and the gold Dragon statue (Heraldic Animals), both collections that I had completed and charged.

So I went to check my collections, and eeeek, they were gone!!

I told my "friend" that was not a cool thing to do, to steal my collections, and I promptly deleted her. She was Russian, by the way. She probably used some kind of hack. Grrrrrr.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Requesting a Charged Collection item Empty Re: Requesting a Charged Collection item

Post  Admin Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 pm

This is worrisome.

It was impossible to request collection items until this update with the Easter Eggs. These players probably figured out a way to trick the game into requesting other collection items instead of the eggs.

If I get such a request, I'll be sure to ask the sender how it is done.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I got a request for some kind of drum but not sure which one. I'll go back and look now though!

Edit* sonuvabiscuiteater! My drum from charging the Africa drum collection is gone!!! And the request on my wall is gone but I didn't delete it. Now I don't know who I sent it to. Can y'all list the friends name so I can check if they are on my list? Gonna delete them......right after I report them to GI
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Wow, thanks for the head's up! I will definitely be watching what I am sending from my wall!
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:29 pm

I am so glad I read this, though the request that was sent me was for an item I don't even have yet so it wouldn't have made a difference. But it is disturbing that in our generosity we could accidentally send something that we worked hard to get.

I will ask the person how she was able to request it.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Trekker wrote:I am so glad I read this, though the request that was sent me was for an item I don't even have yet so it wouldn't have made a difference. But it is disturbing that in our generosity we could accidentally send something that we worked hard to get.

I will ask the person how she was able to request it.

I have several friends who are posting a warning on their wall about it. I haven't gotten such a request yet, but if I do, I'll send Gi a screen shot of my wall....I think I can do that.

I have to contact them about missing Easter event button too.
    Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:53 pm

The person I emailed said that it was in a news box on the right hand side and that it gave them the option to request them.

That sounds like a bug to me.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

I certainly don't have that.

I wonder if this might be related to the bug where some people lost the Easter News icon on the icon list.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 pm

I lost my icon but don't have anything like that at my manor
    Tita

Friend Code : 580034
    MM Name : Tita

Post  Tita Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 am

So it does happen.. I get a request for the book of fate through the wall..I thought it looked liked charged collection item, went to check the collection and sure enough it is but i havent charged it yet ( the eastern horoscope is no where to be found. Yet) i tap on the gift button but wasn't bright enough to remember which friend requested it. When i check again the request is gone from my wall.

Since the update i lost a collection gift item. A friend send something i really want. I accepted and thanked the friend, however when i close the gift window the collection item is not appearing... But the small window saying i've completed the collections appear but going to the collection window the item also not there.. Where did it go????
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 am

Trekker wrote:The person I emailed said that it was in a news box on the right hand side and that it gave them the option to request them.

In the Easter Event thread, someone said that she received a code that would restart the Easter news event. So, this "collection request" news box could have been triggered by a similar code. It was probably a cheat code that was used for testing purposes within the development team, and was leaked outside by one of the testers -- most likely in a Russian game forum.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I think I've finally figured it out...

In the past, I have gotten a special 'room quest'. Mine was for the Fortune Teller's Room. The quest lasted 7 days. I was given 7 days to acquire quantity 5 of 5 charged items. I was low level at the time so I was only able to charge 1 of the required 25 items.

My friend received two of these quests, one for Hunting Room, and one for the Hallway if I remember correctly.

Sooooo.... now, with the last update, people who receive these special room quests have the ability to ask friends for these charged items.

No hack, no cheat. Just a change in how a part of the game works.

My belief is that these quests (along with charging artifacts) is a ways for the game server to rid itself of some items. Too many items floating around makes it too easy for everyone.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm

The person wrote me again and said that the news box had a picture of a snatchin on it.

I have received room quests, too, but don't remember seeing a news box pop up like this, except for when you hit a leprechaun's pot. Though now that I think about it, I don't think I've had a room quest since the last update...
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Maybe the snatchins are being naughty!

My above post is just a theory, by the way... Question
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Yes, it could be that challenge offer that pops up when you first open special rooms, such as the African Room -- they offer a treasure chest if you complete 5 of 5 African collections in week. However, the two collections that were requested from me were from the same person, sent at the same time, and yet one was from the Hallway collections, and one from the African collections. Very odd...
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 pm

I am pretty certain my friend had special room events for those two exact rooms when she started playing and was level 20 or so. When I had it, it was only for the Fortune Teller Room.

Just throwing this information out there so that we can all try to solve this mystery.

Diana
    Diana

Post  Diana Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 am

I just got a request for an old fashioned phonograph. I have never seen one in the game. It was from a level 90 player. I am hesitant to gift it because I keep getting requests for my charged items.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 am

Maybe that's a Gramophone?

It is listed in the Shop under Misc items. The Gramophone is a free gift item.
    Diana
    Diana

Post  Diana Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 am

Yes. It is a Gramophone. How do you request those? Should I send it to him? I was getting upset with this glitch, but since you said we are trying to solve a mystery, I feel much better. I like mysteries.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 am

I assume you don't have any Gramophones (I know I don't). Since it is free to gift at level 35, you might as well gift it.

I never had a need for them before, though.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 pm

The gramophone was needed when do the UFO quest. You needed 5 of each decoder item to finish that part of the quest
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Requesting a Charged Collection item Empty The requests for charged collections could be innocent

Post  Roxy Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I have received several requests for Charged collection items, but thanks to the warnings on this site I did not send any. Instead I sent a reply stating that the request was unethical and please do not do it again. Two friends did request the charged items again and I deleted them from my friend list.

Today I received a request for a Triceratops from a personal friend I work with whom I'm helping to learn to play. I know she does not know any cheats and would not use one if she did. I asked her to bring her iPad to work on Monday so I can see her screen and she can show me how she did it. She just got into the Hunting room this weekend.

I will report back after I have a look at her game. Perhaps I was too hasty in dropping the friends who previously made the request.

Last edited by Roxy Cat on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi,

I have seen this discussed elsewhere. My understanding is that it is a change to the game. Low level players, when they enter/open new rooms are given a quest to collect so many charged collection items - they then receive a prize. The problem is that if they ask a higher level player for the item it is removed from their collection (lower level players can gift them even if they haven't completed the collection themselves) So this is really upsetting higher level players even though new players have no idea why this should be so. It's really the fault of the game developers, not the players. This change has not really been properly thought through!
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Requesting a Charged Collection item Empty Requesting Charged Collection Items; reply to Debinapril

Post  Roxy Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Debinapril wrote:Hi,

I have seen this discussed elsewhere. My understanding is that it is a change to the game. Low level players, when they enter/open new rooms are given a quest to collect so many charged collection items - they then receive a prize. The problem is that if they ask a higher level player for the item it is removed from their collection (lower level players can gift them even if they haven't completed the collection themselves) So this is really upsetting higher level players even though new players have no idea why this should be so. It's really the fault of the game developers, not the players. This change has not really been properly thought through!

I wish Game Insight would post game changes on their Facebook page. I feel terrible about getting so angry at the requests I received for charged collections when all people were doing was playing the game as they understood it. Thank you for explaining this to me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm