Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum


    Slow movement on iPad

    Share

    Trekker

    Posts : 186
    Points : 1953
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-04
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

    Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Trekker on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm

    I don't know if this is specific to my iPad or if it's part of the problem with the game's server, but recently things no longer move smoothly around the screen. The locks on 3 of the rooms, which I don't have the coins yet to unlock, have been pulsating and an annoying buzzing noise goes along with that (I've since shut off the background sound).

    The slow, jerky movements make it especially difficult in night mode when I'm searching a room, because it's hard to move the sighting circle around.

    Has anyone else experienced this, or is it a problem with my iPad?

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2831
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm

    I am not, and none of my friends are.

    It seems like you have other stuff running on your iPad and slowing down the game. Restart your iPad. It should resolve the problem.

    If it does not, try a hard reset - hold home and power for 10 seconds until the device reboots. Also try to close out all your background apps (double click home button).

    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2305
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 34
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm

    That happened to me too. My husband had put some kind of winter app on my iPad that would let me change the backgrounds and such. As soon as I deleted it I had no more problems.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2831
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 pm

    sfinley ibrahim wrote:That happened to me too. My husband had put some kind of winter app on my iPad that would let me change the backgrounds and such. As soon as I deleted it I had no more problems.

    Ahh, you're probably talking about Winterboard (only for jailbroken devices).

    I do not have Winterboard installed, and neither do my friends, so maybe that is the culprit.

    Trekker

    Posts : 186
    Points : 1953
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-04
    Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Trekker on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 pm

    Admin wrote:I am not, and none of my friends are.

    It seems like you have other stuff running on your iPad and slowing down the game. Restart your iPad. It should resolve the problem.

    If it does not, try a hard reset - hold home and power for 10 seconds until the device reboots. Also try to close out all your background apps (double click home button).

    Thank you! The restart fixed it! I don't know what may be running in the background, but it looks like I need to restart the iPad a bit more often.

    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2305
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 34
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm

    Admin wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:That happened to me too. My husband had put some kind of winter app on my iPad that would let me change the backgrounds and such. As soon as I deleted it I had no more problems.

    Ahh, you're probably talking about Winterboard (only for jailbroken devices).

    I do not have Winterboard installed, and neither do my friends, so maybe that is the culprit.

    Yes that's the one! It really screwed with MM. I thought my iPad was broken!

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2831
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 am

    I'm happy to help answer questions and build this community of Mystery Manor players. It would be great if Game Insight did a better job of supporting their players though...

    sfinley ibrahim

    Posts : 296
    Points : 2305
    Reputation : 158
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 34
    Friend Code : Ask
    MM Name : Ask

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  sfinley ibrahim on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:32 am

    Admin wrote:I'm happy to help answer questions and build this community of Mystery Manor players. It would be great if Game Insight did a better job of supporting their players though...


    It would be fantastic! I know back in January they gifted 100 diamonds for all the trouble players were having. I started playing 3 days later. *sigh*

    I posted the site on my wall to let my friends know about this forum. Hope it helps get new members so we don't have to wade through thousands of posts on Facebook to find answers!

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 969
    Points : 2831
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 am

    sfinley ibrahim wrote:
    Admin wrote:I'm happy to help answer questions and build this community of Mystery Manor players. It would be great if Game Insight did a better job of supporting their players though...


    It would be fantastic! I know back in January they gifted 100 diamonds for all the trouble players were having. I started playing 3 days later. *sigh*

    I posted the site on my wall to let my friends know about this forum. Hope it helps get new members so we don't have to wade through thousands of posts on Facebook to find answers!

    Thank you! (Continuing off topic - I started the say the 100 diamonds gift code was to expire, but I used all the diamonds not knowing their value. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, profile was deleted, but I could not reuse the gift code. Support actually gave me a new gift code to use... so they aren't all bad! They're sometimes helpful... just over-worked and outnumbered.)

    Sponsored content

    Re: Slow movement on iPad

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:16 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 pm