MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+9
Essex girl
rugbybaby
Camille
chrismmuff
Mogul
Bettsy
engineer
Amelia
Shadowcat
13 posters

Mystery gift warnings?

Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Mystery gift warnings? Empty Mystery gift warnings?

Post  Shadowcat Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

I've gotten several messages on my wall asking me not to send back mystery gifts, as some other friend has told them there is a warning about receiving too many mystery gifts. None of my friends have gotten this warning in game themselves, just rumor. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks
    Amelia

Friend Code : 8cec74
    MM Name : Amelia

Mystery gift warnings? Empty Re: Mystery gift warnings?

Post  Amelia Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I haven't heard this rumor but to my knowledge you don't have a choice to send a mystery gift. When you accept a gift one automatically sends.

Very interesting though.
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:03 pm

lillylyn wrote:I haven't heard this rumor but to my knowledge you don't have a choice to send a mystery gift. When you accept a gift one automatically sends.

Very interesting though.

I think you do have a choice in sending the mystery gifts. When you accept a gift, then it says thank. If you click the thanks, it sends the mystery gift. It's easier to always send mystery gifts as you can just hover in one spot and keep tapping.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 pm

lillylyn wrote:I haven't heard this rumor but to my knowledge you don't have a choice to send a mystery gift. When you accept a gift one automatically sends.

Very interesting though.
    Yeah I haven't heard anything about this, but you do have an option to not send a gift. If you don't hit "Thank" and then close the gift window, the "Thank" icon disappears the next time you open up your gifts page.

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

If its true that really sucks. I've been slowly using the lower collection items to get that blasted 5th ribbon in charging achievement.
    Bettsy
    Bettsy

Friend Code : 29d677
    MM Name : Bettsy

Post  Bettsy Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:19 pm

I have had this message passed on to me, however when asked for further information it seems that it was passed on to them. I wonder if it is just rumour and given that you gift from your wall and that is not limited I am unsure of how they would go about counting mystery gifts. I intend to go on playing as normal and to wait and see what happens.
    Mogul

Post  Mogul Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Bettsy wrote:
    I have had this message passed on to me, however when asked for further information it seems that it was passed on to them. I wonder if it is just rumour and given that you gift from your wall and that is not limited I am unsure of how they would go about counting mystery gifts. I intend to go on playing as normal and to wait and see what happens.

I have had a number of people messaging that people can't be visited that have too many mystery gifts. My conspiracy theory, if it is true, is that the developers didn't make as much money as they thought they would on the last 2 events and r trying to stop the problem.

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:35 pm

I have had this confirmed by a friend. Not discussing it in open forum. PM me if you want details.
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I never knew what "thank" did, I always just hit it. Good to know.

P.S.-I have had hundreds of gifts a day for the past couple weeks (during the events) and have not had a problem, so if there is one you must really be getting a lot of gifts!
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 pm

chrismmuff wrote:I never knew what "thank" did, I always just hit it. Good to know.

P.S.-I have had hundreds of gifts a day for the past couple weeks (during the events) and have not had a problem, so if there is one you must really be getting a lot of gifts!
    I think GI started cracking down on this after the end of the last event.
    rugbybaby
    rugbybaby

MM Name : Ron Burgendy

Post  rugbybaby Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 am

Just don't cheat the system (sloooowww internet connection) and don't accept multiple gifts from the same person (hence the massive amount of thank you gifts). If you know what I am talking about you know what not to do.

Just play the game.
    Essex girl
    Essex girl

Friend Code : 9dad21
    MM Name : Charlie

Post  Essex girl Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:42 am

My friends have been telling me about this for the last 24 hours! Apparently people are also receiving warnings. Probably not best to discuss on here lol, so please PM me. The other theory is that the rumour has been started by someone who's bitter that they didnt get enough flaming skulls during the quests Very Happy
    gherkinkhan

Post  gherkinkhan Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Essex girl wrote:My friends have been telling me about this for the last 24 hours! Apparently people are also receiving warnings. Probably not best to discuss on here lol, so please PM me. The other theory is that the rumour has been started by someone who's bitter that they didnt get enough flaming skulls during the quests Very Happy

This seems to be conjecture and rumor so far, though I'm staying on the safe side until its figured out. A screenshot as mentioned and more details would be interesting. Smile
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

grapevine here as well, but really - I often keep LOTS of gifts of the same person in my giftwindow just because I try to gather more of them over the days than I could if I immediately took them out. So when I finally decide I have enough for the time, I of course hit "thank" when I gather them - after all, it's only right to do it!
    And I am talking about normal day to day play here.
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 pm

You may have seen on my other post... but I think I pretty much disproved this today. I sent out many gifts and accepted a LOT of mystery gifts from them. No warnings at all, nothing. Someone else posted that they knew of someone who was a very high multi-gifter who never skipped the thank/mystery gifts and hasn't complained of being warned or banned either. I think this is strictly rumor.

Last edited by Soozicle on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    somemoorecats
    somemoorecats

Friend Code : 211ea2
    MM Name : Melanie

Post  somemoorecats Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 am

It seems, from the other thread, to have been disproven. However, I would expect that, if such a limit did exist, it would not be a specific magic number of mystery gifts not to exceed but a number relative to your number of friends. I would think it would be a combination of the number of friends plus charging gift item limits plus collection gift limits plus perhaps some percentage to allow for a margin of error created by people who accept gifts (send mystery gift) on a date other than when originally gifted. And paying diamonds to drop the counter would have to be factored in, too. (At least, that's how I would go about it.).
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 am

somemoorecats wrote:It seems, from the other thread, to have been disproven. However, I would expect that, if such a limit did exist, it would not be a specific magic number of mystery gifts not to exceed but a number relative to your number of friends. I would think it would be a combination of the number of friends plus charging gift item limits plus collection gift limits plus perhaps some percentage to allow for a margin of error created by people who accept gifts (send mystery gift) on a date other than when originally gifted. And paying diamonds to drop the counter would have to be factored in, too. (At least, that's how I would go about it.).
    I agree with you. IMO there is a big difference between sending a total of say 300 gifts amongst 150 of your MM friends and sending 300 gifts when you only have two friends.

Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 am

CamilleMM wrote:I agree with you. IMO there is a big difference between sending a total of say 300 gifts amongst 150 of your MM friends and sending 300 gifts when you only have two friends.

IF (BIG IF) this is actually happening, then the fools who are getting warned are gifting the same person hundreds if not thousands of times. I don't think it has anything to do with the number of friends they have, except that if they only have one friend and are doing it excessively. In that case it's most likely they've got two iPads and are gifting themselves so much they got tagged for banning. In that case, yeah, they should be stopped. My only intent in multigifting is to help people, especially lower level friends who haven't opened the oceanic or lab... but, of course hoping they will do the same in return, I wouldn't be human if that didn't enter my mind. If all I'm ever doing with that loophole is helping myself, then, yeaaahh... ban the jerk.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 am

yes, you'r probably right.
    let's leave it at that, otherwise we get another discussion as the one in the chitchat section.
    SO not needed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 am