MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

moving to new ipad

JazzLamb

moving to new ipad Empty moving to new ipad

Post  JazzLamb Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:10 pm

I played on my ipad 2. Today, I got the new iPad. I got the game and all levels transferred to it. I can log in fine, but when I try to do anything it says "you are not registered". Any ideas to help me? Thanks!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

moving to new ipad Empty Re: moving to new ipad

Post  Admin Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 pm

You'll likely need to contact official support, give them the UDID of your old iPad and new iPad. They should be able to deregister your old iPad and register your new one.

In iTunes click the serial number of your iPad. It will display the iPad's UDID.
    laurahmckinley

Friend Code : 82af81
    MM Name : Laura

moving to new ipad Empty transferring between ipads

Post  laurahmckinley Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm

been working on this for about 10days..they deregistered BOTH and for the last few days keep telling me my new one is registered but when I go to my game everything is there except I can't get or give gifts to my friends or enter codes because it say I am not registered- has anyone had this work out for them
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

laurahmckinley wrote:been working on this for about 10days..they deregistered BOTH and for the last few days keep telling me my new one is registered but when I go to my game everything is there except I can't get or give gifts to my friends or enter codes because it say I am not registered- has anyone had this work out for them

That really sucks. I would suggest sending them the UID of both devices again. Make sure you double check to make sure the UIDs are correct. Let them know your new device is still not registered.

Good luck...
    JazzLamb

Post  JazzLamb Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Admin wrote:
    laurahmckinley wrote:been working on this for about 10days..they deregistered BOTH and for the last few days keep telling me my new one is registered but when I go to my game everything is there except I can't get or give gifts to my friends or enter codes because it say I am not registered- has anyone had this work out for them

That really sucks. I would suggest sending them the UID of both devices again. Make sure you double check to make sure the UIDs are correct. Let them know your new device is still not registered.

Good luck...

They did finally get mine switched over to new iPad and works great!
    laurahmckinley

Friend Code : 82af81
    MM Name : Laura

moving to new ipad Empty ???

Post  laurahmckinley Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Did you reinstall everything on the ipad 3 again after they reregistered you- I am not sure if that is my problem - if I should delete and reinstall on the ipad 3...what did you have to do..they say the registered me..
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes - please let us know the process you took to transfer your game account across devices. I see a lot of people are trying to do this, some with no success.

GI does not provide a documented process for this, so we should make our own. Very Happy
    JazzLamb

Post  JazzLamb Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Admin wrote:Yes - please let us know the process you took to transfer your game account across devices. I see a lot of people are trying to do this, some with no success.

GI does not provide a documented process for this, so we should make our own. Very Happy

I backed up iPad 2 to itunes, then restored new iPad from that. My game was at correct level and collections okay but I couldn't do anything without is saying not registered. I contacted support and they sent me this:

1) Old nickname.
    2) Your old UDID.
    To find it open iTunes on your computer. Select iPad when it appears in the left column. Click the Summary tab. The serial number will be displayed. Click Serial Number, and the Identifier (UDID) will appear. Please, note that your device should be plugged into your computer (the info will not show up unless device is plugged in).
    3) Your new nickname.
    4) Your new UDID.
    5) Number friends you had.

It took them 3 days, then I got an email saying it was fixed. Still didn't work until I completely shut iPad down and started it again. The next day I got an email from support saying that I sent them the incorrect old UDID!!

Then, about a week later I accidently deleted my game from my new iPad, level 52, 400 friends. I restored it from cloud, but it restored me to level 47. But, all is good now. Only problem I am having is slow to add friend codes. Hope this helps!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:23 pm

This is very helpful!

I stickied this thread so it is easier to find.

Regarding slower Friends window - that affects everyone. It's been this way since the last update - supposedly, this will be fixed too with next update.

SimplyMac2012
    SimplyMac2012

Friend Code : 900fdf
    MM Name : X SimplyMac2012 X

moving to new ipad Empty Moving your MM from one ipad to another

Post  SimplyMac2012 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:00 am

I had my game moved from my iPad 2 to the new iPad had similar problems regards the message 'not registered' after several months i had the issue resolved by Game Insight i think it was more the American side of Support rather than the Russian support our great friends from across the pond was very helpful i gave them UDID & Serial codes for both devices and after a lot of emails all working perfect i can now gift purchase almost everything
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Just a heads up for everyone. I too just changed over to a new Ipad, I sent all the info Jazzlamb suggested on Friday and this morning woke up to my new Ipad working. Awesome right! But beware. I lost an entire week worth of playing. And I mean everything. Levels, achievements, collections items, charging items. All progress that I made searching rooms. All that work on the new quests and events! Whah. I did back up to Icloud when I started the new Ipad up a week ago and it mirrored my Ipad2. However when I sent the request to GI I just expected them to send me a confirmation that they got my request. Nope! In hindsight I should have backed it up again on Friday when I sent the request. Anyway it is what it is. Just remember when you send GI the info to register your new Ipad remember to back up new Ipad again with your current and up to date info. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:53 am