MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+9
brenda(Doglover)
Shells ipad 3
Melinda
diana621
mlle. scarlett
Ms scarlet
Ruthmmforum
Kristi927
Missteri
13 posters

MM facebook page redirect

Missteri

MM facebook page redirect Empty MM facebook page redirect

Post  Missteri Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am

I became aware last night that the in-game link from our manors to the FB page has been broken so you can't navigate there directly. Instead you are redirected to the apple store listing. This means that new users or those only peripherally involved in the controversy and boycott are effectively shut out of knowing what is going on. You can still get there by using a link through your own FB account if you've got one, but otherwise.... I believe they are trying to hide the info and opinions expressed on that page from the general user and perhaps the media. Now most of the posts are back to where is the "cloak room" and how do I get the emerald quest to go away. I find this development very disturbing in light of the fact that this is the mechanism they intended to use to discuss concerns and suggestions of the 15 reps and others.

Any reps out there know what's going on? Anybody else disturbed?
    Kristi927
    Kristi927

MM Name : Kristi

MM facebook page redirect Empty Re: MM facebook page redirect

Post  Kristi927 Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:40 am

This is disturbing. I just wanted to let you know or questions should be answered on Thursday (tomorrow) and they announced yesterday there will be an update early fall... (fall officially starts 9/21)
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 am

I agree that this is a shrewd calculated move on the part of GI - make no mistake - the big boys have come out to play. This is evident from language and tone - remember when PR directo from San Francisco appeared on the scene?
    Ms scarlet

Post  Ms scarlet Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I as online in the FB when it happened. The redirection occurred moments after Cindi Combs from Pro boards went there and posted a request for them to remove our ability to post on FB to silence any criticism since it was not good for their Company. I wish I had copied it!!! Smacking myself for that...lol.

If you go there it looks like a crazy rant of me with myself...lol...she has deleted all her posts! She told them if players wanted info they could go to MMUFF, Pro boards etc .....couldn't believe anyone would request to be censored Evil or Very Mad
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Have you posted this on FaceBook
    Ms scarlet

Post  Ms scarlet Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Clay from FB inquired with Inga and she Indicated it was due to a small glitch or bug with the server that is now causing this redirection and that as well will be returned with the update.
    mlle. scarlett
    mlle. scarlett

MM Name : miss scarlett

Post  mlle. scarlett Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:26 pm

@ Ms Scarlett ( love the name,lol!)
    who is Cindy Combs and why would she want us to be unable to post our comments? I was redirected to the App store where I see MM is rated 4.5 stars now.
    diana621

Friend Code : daa57d
    MM Name : diana

MM facebook page redirect Empty 4.5 stars!

Post  diana621 Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm astonished that MM's rating has gone up so fast! affraid
    Melinda
    Melinda

Friend Code : a57e9f
    MM Name : Melinda

Post  Melinda Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Did you guys see this posting on the Facebook MM page? Just posted about 1 hr ago. I am accessing facebook MM page from my likes on my PC (not thru Ipad or game)

CLARIFICATION: Hello, everyone--to clarify from yesterday's post, everyone will still be able to add and visit friends in Mystery Manor. However, you will no longer be able to earn bonus diamonds from adding friends. This is why we will be bringing in new ways to earn bonus diamonds in the fall update. Sorry for any confusion.
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Ms scarlet wrote:Clay from FB inquired with Inga and she Indicated it was due to a small glitch or bug with the server that is now causing this redirection and that as well will be returned with the update.

If anyone believes this, I have a bridge for sale.

Question: Is the Create Change to MM Page still accessible?

It was suggested we go there by the "Reps" to read the questions and suggest additions or changes in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Create-Change-to-MM/146660878806773
    Shells ipad 3
    Shells ipad 3

Friend Code : Pls As

Post  Shells ipad 3 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 pm

mlle. scarlett wrote:@ Ms Scarlett ( love the name,lol!)
    who is Cindy Combs and why would she want us to be unable to post our comments? I was redirected to the App store where I see MM is rated 4.5 stars now.

The reason for this is they are bribing new players with 10 diamonds to rate them 5 stars, so of course they're doing it for the diamonds...

Read the comments, some are not entirely happy but still rate it 5*'s.... I don't think so....

Surely this must be against Apples policy ! Free diamonds for a 5* rating..... What a con!

Oh and if they can get it to redirect to the app page, they can re-direct it to the right Facebook page... What an insult, do they think we are stupid? Rant over !

Last edited by Shells iPad 3 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional context...)
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm very concerned about why this happened and having it explained to everyone on FB. Alot of people over there believe that it was one of the 15 reps that wrote to GI and asked them to remove the link. There's already a backlash against those 15, this rumor needs to be stopped in its tracks if it's not the case....
    Ms scarlet

Post  Ms scarlet Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I was there and personally witnessed and engaged the rep in a conversation as to why she just asked them to .....as I remember- she has now deleted her part of the convo but mine is there- asked Inga to disable our ability to comment on FB we have other forums such as MMUFF and Pro Boards available or we may contact GI directly if we wanted to voice concerns. She said it was bad for their company image allowing negative comments and they have they ability to stop us and they should disable FB posts.

I was there waiting for a friend who attempted to join me and was redirected. maybe it's a coincidence that it all occurred within the same time frame but she did request censorship.

You can go back and see my posts on FB. Probably 21 or 22 hours back...profile name Annette Allagh....I have no motive to spread any rumor and have never done that...and truly have nothing against her or anyone else...but I can not support censorship!!!!
    Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Create change to mm page has now disappeared... The link on this thread takes you to your home page :/ very strange indeed
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree, censorship should not exist and I definitely want any newbies to be able to link directly to the FB page and see what's being said. I was under the impression that the person who requested it was NOT one of the 15 reps though, that's what I'm concerned about. If she's not one of the 15, it needs to be stated loud and clear. There is enough hate for them out there already.
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Doglover wrote:I agree, censorship should not exist and I definitely want any newbies to be able to link directly to the FB page and see what's being said. I was under the impression that the person who requested it was NOT one of the 15 reps though, that's what I'm concerned about. If she's not one of the 15, it needs to be stated loud and clear. There is enough hate for them out there already.

Ms Combs is prominently mentioned in GI topic promising answers on Thurs. Am I confused?
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Our " Rep" in a PM just said Ms. Combs took down the change to MM page. Wewere previously told to go there so we would know what was going on.

Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I think miss Coombes might work for game insight... I feel we have been had big style
    Chloexxxx

Post  Chloexxxx Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Can somebody please try post on mm Facebook page, something is very wrong
    NativeGramma
    NativeGramma

Friend Code : 6e485d
    MM Name : Nicole S

Post  NativeGramma Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 am

Doglover wrote:I agree, censorship should not exist and I definitely want any newbies to be able to link directly to the FB page and see what's being said. I was under the impression that the person who requested it was NOT one of the 15 reps though, that's what I'm concerned about. If she's not one of the 15, it needs to be stated loud and clear. There is enough hate for them out there already.

Just read comments made on FB as to who were the 15 reps, Miss Combs was clearly stated as one of the reps from the pro boards
    April 11
    April 11

Friend Code : F19b16
    MM Name : April

Post  April 11 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 am

Try this. www.facebook.com/MManorHD.
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 pm

There is a post on FB stating a screenshot exists of conversation/request - Titillating, but true?
    SJ
    SJ

Post  SJ Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 am

Am I missing something here, who the F is Coombs?

And yeah, she could easily be a member of proboards but also work for GI, if I were GI I'd definitely have moles at mmuff and proboards. Damn you Russian moles Smile

I guess this reiterates to us to screen shot anything we see on fb as it gets removed so quickly!!
    SJ
    SJ

Post  SJ Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 am

Although, if ms Coombs did work for GI, she wouldn't say it on Facebook, she'd do it privately surely. She could just be a nutter lol.

So if their ratings are back up, could they have just consolidated their ratings for both versions? Remember the bad reviews were just on the current update version, if you clicked on All Versions in the app store, the original ratings were high.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am