MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+36
Cyprus31
Mbstr8k
karen_ni
paulinelhg
LaneyK
leekumo
A ipad
Pink451
Chopper
FerretMama
hawkeyegirl
Savannah123
gemfinder
Demdike
cycohead
ParisGirl
StahlBS
epitelous4
rab
Lil_Miss_Kaina
oneuc
Bovver
Camille
Aparna1082
bbb Chris
NativeGramma
JoeCroydon
•Vicki bans GI•
Charmed1
Dazza JP
TeamORillo
CheezerWhizzer
Adrianahdzp
Sakura
Horry
Skyler
40 posters

UPDATE 10/10/12

Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

UPDATE 10/10/12 - Page 4 Empty Re: UPDATE 10/10/12

Post  Camille Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    Oh well, maybe it is punishment for having the temerity to get through Clone Wars II, Revenge of the Oil Cans . But do you know what? I've had a great weekend with my kids and perhaps remembered more about what is important in life
    LOL I only made two brief visits to MM over the weekend, didn't miss it as much as I have in the past when I couldn't play. In fact I haven't missed it at all. Instead of spending my evenings playing MM I've started working through my backlog of books Smile

•Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Camille wrote:LOL I only made two brief visits to MM over the weekend, didn't miss it as much as I have in the past when I couldn't play. In fact I haven't missed it at all. Instead of spending my evenings playing MM I've started working through my backlog of books Smile
    I'm going through withdrawals about now. I go through waves of feeiing happy to have time to do other things and feeling lost with nothing to do. It's not that I don't have anything else to do, but I miss working out the puzzles and working on my spreadsheets. But then I remember the oil cans, and suddenly I don't miss it at all! LOL!
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm

•Vicki• (quit MM) wrote:
    Camille wrote:LOL I only made two brief visits to MM over the weekend, didn't miss it as much as I have in the past when I couldn't play. In fact I haven't missed it at all. Instead of spending my evenings playing MM I've started working through my backlog of books Smile
    I'm going through withdrawals about now. I go through waves of feeiing happy to have time to do other things and feeling lost with nothing to do. It's not that I don't have anything else to do, but I miss working out the puzzles and working on my spreadsheets. But then I remember the oil cans, and suddenly I don't miss it at all! LOL!
    Yep the oil cans certainly make all the difference LOL
    Krispykrispers

Friend Code : 0a156b
    MM Name : krispykrispers

Post  Krispykrispers Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 am

I came on to get some more info on this update... I've been contacting the devs pretty regularly with complaints, and it seems that this won't stop anytime soon! Evil or Very Mad I hope everyone is contacting them with complaints... they don't know just how dumb they are unless they hear it from the masses.
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:12 am

Well I got through the collecting the drafts of the moonrover snd am now faced with banishing 5 ufo phenoms with hyperloids not a problem, I thought, I have those. But getting 5 ufos may be a teeny problem. Obviously they want you to banish ufo's rather than explore ufo rooms becuse then you wouldn't be buying the summoning charms at 20 diamonds each!! Refuse to buy said charms so I doubt ufos will turn up.

After that it's collect 200 runestones, obviously previously collected don't count, should get them from charging collections and visiting friends.

Then, oh goody. I have to explore a ufo room and banish more robots to get the parts I need.

I'm giving up, I like the interaction between players, I'm beginning to hate the game. I'm going to check daily for gifts and requests and play the odd room in the hope that a ufo turns up one day, but there's no point in running a turtle or any other charms and without them I'm building up my Dude acheivement, as the last 2 rooms didn't give up anything.
    sunnyind
    sunnyind

Friend Code : 139aae
    MM Name : sunnyind

UPDATE 10/10/12 - Page 4 Empty Sele

Post  sunnyind Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 am

How can I put the picture of Selena room on this forum? Please guide me.
    danielle3699

Friend Code : 2cccd2
    MM Name : Danielle

Post  danielle3699 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:55 pm

To build the moon rover, does anyone know specifically where you find each part? It says get them from robots, searching rooms, and from the professor's quests. I just want to make sure I don't waste my precious oil cans doing the wrong thing! LOL
    Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

danielle3699 wrote:To build the moon rover, does anyone know specifically where you find each part? It says get them from robots, searching rooms, and from the professor's quests. I just want to make sure I don't waste my precious oil cans doing the wrong thing! LOL

If you are referring to the 10 of each item "Details of Moonrover" then here is the list.

Gravitational Tire- from Searching room with UFO Phenom - Use reboot option to keep UFO in room after each search
    High Frequency Transmitter - Banishing Xeno's
    Adaptive Analyzer- from banishing Vacuum Robots
    Seismic Sensor - from banishing TV Robots
    Automated Repair Kit- From banishing Musical Robots

Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:40 pm

gemfinder wrote:
    karen_ni wrote:Does anyone know what comes after you complete the moonrover? Are there more quests after this or are you able to enter the room?

You have to start the moonrover by collecting items which you will more than likely already have (but cant use) however you can charge collections for most of them.

Most are fairly straightforward although I already had 10 each of the robot helpers from one of the collections - if you haven't, this could be a pain as I'm sure the 50 robots won't be easy nor cheap to find. I'd check the collection number (probably around #60?) but I've been locked out of my game for 48 hours and counting as I can't connect to GI's servers. And yes I have raised several tickets so far but with not a peep other than automated responses telling me how great their customer service really is at GI

So from memory it was 10 each of the robot helpers; 30 new rune stones (why?!!!); 30 new batteries; 30 new gravitrons; 30 new containers and I think that was it. Total lack of imagination from GI and really just quests for quests sake while taking away useful things for opening rooms that we have worked hard to collect. I'm just surprised they didn't ask for cannonballs as well since these must be really useful when firing up a moon rover! There is also a quest to collect moonstones from aliens but by this time, I'd noticed the new room was open. So I explored it twice, went to collect gifts, the game crashed and now I can't get back in.

Oh well, maybe it is punishment for having the temerity to get through Clone Wars II, Revenge of the Oil Cans . But do you know what? I've had a great weekend with my kids and perhaps remembered more about what is important in life

After the 30 Containers, you will need to find 50 Moonstones by banishing Aliens. With running a turtle and having the weapons handy it won't take long to do this.

After that, you start the Thanksgiving Collections. Charge collection 135.
    Next is the Dictionary Collection #35, Charge it.
    Next is Benedict's Tear Cocktail Collection #5, charge it.
    Next is Breath Mints Collection #34, Charge it.
    Next is Overcoat Collection #16, charge it.
    Next is Bridal Gown collection #18, charge it.
    Next is Astronaut collection #98, charge it.
    Next is sunglasses collection #50, charge it.
    Then quests for exploring the Selene Room begin.
    StahlBS
    StahlBS

Friend Code : 2f7173
    MM Name : StahlBS

Post  StahlBS Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Hey, just a heads up cause this used to be the main way I explored the paid rooms:
    The detective chest from the achievements doesn't give the stuff to explore the Selene room. Lol I explored night mode over and over to find out it was kinda pointless at least for that room. Smile
    Oh and the stuff doesn't seem to drop as frequently from the aliens as the other keys do from their respective creatures.
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Skyler wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:
    karen_ni wrote:Does anyone know what comes after you complete the moonrover? Are there more quests after this or are you able to enter the room?

You have to start the moonrover by collecting items which you will more than likely already have (but cant use) however you can charge collections for most of them.

Most are fairly straightforward although I already had 10 each of the robot helpers from one of the collections - if you haven't, this could be a pain as I'm sure the 50 robots won't be easy nor cheap to find. I'd check the collection number (probably around #60?) but I've been locked out of my game for 48 hours and counting as I can't connect to GI's servers. And yes I have raised several tickets so far but with not a peep other than automated responses telling me how great their customer service really is at GI

So from memory it was 10 each of the robot helpers; 30 new rune stones (why?!!!); 30 new batteries; 30 new gravitrons; 30 new containers and I think that was it. Total lack of imagination from GI and really just quests for quests sake while taking away useful things for opening rooms that we have worked hard to collect. I'm just surprised they didn't ask for cannonballs as well since these must be really useful when firing up a moon rover! There is also a quest to collect moonstones from aliens but by this time, I'd noticed the new room was open. So I explored it twice, went to collect gifts, the game crashed and now I can't get back in.

After the 30 Containers, you will need to find 50 Moonstones by banishing Aliens. With running a turtle and having the weapons handy it won't take long to do this.

Mike, do previously found items count or do you have to find all those collection items again to charge the collections and complete the quests?
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Camille wrote:
    Skyler wrote:
    gemfinder wrote:

Mike, do previously found items count or do you have to find all those collection items again to charge the collections and complete the quests?

Camille, you don't have to find the collection items again, your old inventory counts but the room keys such as the rune stones and the containers have to be new. I just charged collections to get those.
    karen_ni

Post  karen_ni Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

I wanted to point out that as soon as you charge the Thanksgiving collection, the items don't drop anymore so make sure you have at least 2 of each item before you charge it if you want to have at least 1 of each item in your collection. I made the mistake of charging it as soon as I had at least 1 of each item and now have no way of collecting anymore except by trading or if someone gifts me.
    karen_ni

Post  karen_ni Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:
    karen_ni wrote:I wanted to point out that as soon as you charge the Thanksgiving collection, the items don't drop anymore so make sure you have at least 2 of each item before you charge it if you want to have at least 1 of each item in your collection. I made the mistake of charging it as soon as I had at least 1 of each item and now have no way of collecting anymore except by trading or if someone gifts me.

Karen -- when do the thanksgiving items start to drop? They aren't on any of my possible drop lists right now.

You have to finish building the moonrover, and then collect a bunch of room keys and then 50 moonstones and I believe it starts after that. I went through those quests pretty quickly by charging collections for the room keys so it is kind of a blur. It is a quest and the items only drop from the kitchen but they dropped fairly quickly while running a turtle. I just didn't realize they would disappear as soon as I completed the quest and charged the collection. I was in a hurry and wanted to get into the Selene room. I figured it being a Thanksgiving quest, the items wouldn't go away.
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks for the info Karen. At least GI isn't making us find collection items that, most of us, have lots of already.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I erased my previous question after I realized that Mike had posted that info earlier in the thread. Thanks, Karen for the quick reply!! You must've posted while I was deleting....LOL

Mike - any chance you can post the master list you are creating to the Guides section as the Guide to Selene room quests and then sticky it? Very Happy
    Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Post  Sakura Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 am

Can someone tell me if stacking charm still work after updating? And the rebooting method to keep phenom in the room, is it still works too? Thanks.
    Caz
    Caz

MM Name : Caz

Post  Caz Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Sakura wrote:Can someone tell me if stacking charm still work after updating? And the rebooting method to keep phenom in the room, is it still works too? Thanks.

Don't know about the charms but, yes, rebooting to keep the phenom still works. I'm sure they'll take away soon enough though!!
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Stacked both golden rose and olympic torch over the last week with no difference to pre update.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:05 am