MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+28
manicmanor
CJ
Dazza JP
ycul
ohdyanne
Soozicle
gherkinkhan
LoJoPo
whereisyellow
LaneyK
Debinapril
brasil
Dhisa
Jae
Jade
LaVentosa
Sakura
Shells ipad 3
LindaBF
Carriejh77
Amanda
paulinelhg
Mbstr8k
Lisa
drjenrx
danielle3699
Kinsey
karen_ni
32 posters

Non-Updaters Unite!

paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Non-Updaters Unite! - Page 2 Empty Re: Non-Updaters Unite!

Post  paulinelhg Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:13 am

I'm not sure that's why I'm asking...
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:16 am

LaVentosa wrote:
    paulinelhg wrote:Is it advisable to stock up on diamonds through adding friends, read we can't after update?
    wait a minute - are friendcodes really not working anymore?? you must be kidding. affraid

I have seen GI remove the friends code option for periods. You just get a blank page. So it would appear that they are regulating the amount of time available to enter codes and therefore get diamonds. they've tigHtened up all round it would seem. I'm calling it Austerity MM lol!
    LaneyK
    LaneyK

Friend Code : F2EC02
    MM Name : LaneyK

Post  LaneyK Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 am

Friend codes still work, or at least they do for me, just had a friend ask via my wall so I gave it a try and got 16 diamonds off 6 codes.... Can't complain about that!!

Apologies for hijacking your non-updaters thread as an updatee, but just wanted to dispell the no friend code rumour.
    I love you
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

Post  paulinelhg Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:23 am

Thank you very much... LaneyK
    whereisyellow

MM Name : whereisyellow

Post  whereisyellow Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 am

I also have not updated yet, and encourage anyone to add me although I admit I am not the best at Multi-Gifting.

I am actually a bit disparaged right now though. My wishlist doesn't not seem to be updating. I have tried several "tricks" to help it update like (exploring rooms exiting the game, exploring more rooms, shutting the iPad down, etc), but still no go. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know as I keep getting the same gifts over and over, which would be great if they were something good to have multiples of, but I hadn't see the list of items I need for the update yet, so my WL is nothing special.

Which brings me to my second gripe, all my gifts got deleted last night! I tried to check my gifts and my game crashed. I reopened and tried to check and it did it again. I "closed" (pressing the minus when the icon is wiggly) the game and when I reopened it, *I had no gifts* despite having messages from multiple friends saying they had gifted me. : (

Anyways, I am frustrated, and was considering just updating to make things easier, but seeing so many people here that also haven't update is encouraging. So instead I am going to start being more strategic (like all of you) by: adding more non-updated friends, learning about what I need to do, and starting to prepare more.

I'm hangin' in!
    LoJoPo
    LoJoPo

Friend Code : 64aca3
    MM Name : LoJoPo

Post  LoJoPo Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:36 pm

paulinelhg wrote:Is it advisable to stock up on diamonds through adding friends, read we can't after update?

I updated. Mad and have had no problems adding friends and getting diamonds.....other than a bug that blanks out the screen periodically.
    gherkinkhan

Post  gherkinkhan Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 pm

whereisyellow wrote:I also have not updated yet, and encourage anyone to add me although I admit I am not the best at Multi-Gifting.

Which brings me to my second gripe, all my gifts got deleted last night! I tried to check my gifts and my game crashed. I reopened and tried to check and it did it again. I "closed" (pressing the minus when the icon is wiggly) the game and when I reopened it, *I had no gifts* despite having messages from multiple friends saying they had gifted me. : (

I'm hangin' in!

I've seen the same thing happen over the past few days with the gift dialog crashing. I think I finally understand why this is happening, made the mental connection this morning. If someone with the update send you a new collection or charge item that doesn't exist in 1.9.1 then it blows up since the graphics and resources to display that item don't exist.

Theres not a perfect way around that since gifts are sometimes delayed in coming through and there's not an easy way of stopping new items unless you delete the friends who've updated. :/

LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

so, after another extensive Turteling-Tour and feeling really lonesome in my Manor with knowing that some more of my favorite friends are going to update - I will do so this evening.
    See you on the other side guys!

___
    "There goes our last female..." (Ice Age I)
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 pm

gherkinkhan wrote:
    whereisyellow wrote:I also have not updated yet, and encourage anyone to add me although I admit I am not the best at Multi-Gifting.

I'm hangin' in!

I've seen the same thing happen over the past few days with the gift dialog crashing. I think I finally understand why this is happening, made the mental connection this morning. If someone with the update send you a new collection or charge item that doesn't exist in 1.9.1 then it blows up since the graphics and resources to display that item don't exist.

Theres not a perfect way around that since gifts are sometimes delayed in coming through and there's not an easy way of stopping new items unless you delete the friends who've updated. :/

I think so, too. I'm going to have to do something drastic. Updated friends are causing the people who have stayed back to help me gather up things not to be able to do so... as soon as I go to gather up all their gifts, CRASH! But, I know how frustrated and near quitting I was before I found the loopholes. If I update I'll be right back at that place. I really don't have any choice but to proceed with my friend list paring (I was going to do that anyway, before the update came out), only my goals will be a bit different... keep all non-updated and those that were super loyal to me before the update.

I think updated folks will have to severely change their friend management. A lot more folks will stop playing in early stages so you'll have to start rotating them out with new friends to keep the list current with active players.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Now guys - a last tip: listen to what gherkinhan wrote.
    I had my giftbox crash on me - and there were LOTS of flowers, and stuff for the next update in it. so if you have friends on the other side that might send u the new gifts and u don't want to continuously have crashes on your inbox - either empty your giftbox, delete the friends or prepare to crash repeatedly.
    This is _not_ a nice way to be forced to update. I'm liking the game less and less - I'm curious how long I'll actually keep the app on my pad now.
    Evil or Very Mad

Edit:
    So my Inbox crashed, and thanks to GK's tip, I didn't reopen it, but closed it completely and updated. there my gifts are again. what a crappy way to be forced to update...
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

Post  paulinelhg Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks Gerkhinkan for figuring out what cause the crash when non upgrader open the inbox

In this case, to be sure, we can open game inbox , let the game crash, then we find who is online n ask for gifts.

I just received more gift in an hour than just waiting the whole Day. Thank you my friends Smile

Last edited by paulinelhg on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ohdyanne

Friend Code : B90715
    MM Name : Ohdyanne

Post  ohdyanne Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Please add me, I haven't updated & need more on my team lol I love you B90715

I was forced to update this morning my rebel friends 8/6
    See you on the flip side :*( scratch

Last edited by ohdyanne on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forced to update)
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:33 am

Looks like GI has shut the non updaters down. When trying to send a gift a message pops up that you must update your game. No gifts are going thought at all. Still able to receive gifts from friends that have updated though! Sigh. I guess it's time to update!

here is the exact message

"Unfortunately, your game is out of date. Please visit Appstore and install the up-to-date version of the game."

Edited again to add @ 16:44 GMT +7

Now you can't even enter your manor. You get the above message! Can't do anything but update or quit!!!!

Last edited by ycul on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to add quote.)
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:50 am

I did wonder how they were going to force people to update, they are very determined to close the multi giting loophole then :-(
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

MM Name : Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 am

Updating but kicking and screaming the whole way. I am not happy. I would have updated myself in a day or two but now I am forced to. They will lose a lot of the remaining players by forcing people to update this way. Greedy, greedy,greedy. They will not be receiving any money from me even if they are forcing me to update. It just means I won't play as much. Oh well it was time to start breaking my addiction any how!

Oh I can tell this is Monday!....I can't update! My credit card was stolen and I had to cancel it. The new card has not arrived yet so until it does no MM for me because the app store will not let me update even though it is a "free" game.

It looks like I really am breaking my addiction!!
    whereisyellow

Post  whereisyellow Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 am

Aaaaaaaarrrrggg!

I am kicking and screaming with Kinsey on this one, and even though I didn't lose my credit card and can update, I have a feeling it will still help break my addiction. I played way too much over the weekend. I fact so much I barely remember there was a weekend. Even with my incredible game burnout from hour and hours playing the game, I still would have played longer last night if I known I would be forced to update this AM.

Aaaaaaaarrgggg!
    (The level of frustration deserved a second Arg.)

CJ

Friend Code : 9ae3f1
    MM Name : CJ

Post  CJ Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 am

ycul wrote:Looks like GI has shut the non updaters down. When trying to send a gift a message pops up that you must update your game. No gifts are going thought at all. Still able to receive gifts from friends that have updated though! Sigh. I guess it's time to update!

"Unfortunately, your game is out of date. Please visit Appstore and install the up-to-date version of the game."

Now you can't even enter your manor. You get the above message! Can't do anything but update or quit!!!!

I managed to keep playing on the old system. It seemed that if you clicked the update button but then immediately tapped the mystery manor game play screen you stayed on you manor and didn't get diverted to the App store.

I have updated now anyway so can retest.
    whereisyellow

Post  whereisyellow Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 am

CJ, did you then do a final round of Multi-Gifing before being forced out? Or did you not really experiment with this.

I was like 10 seconds away from hitting update when I just saw your post.
    whereisyellow

Post  whereisyellow Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 am

CJ, did you then do a final round of Multi-Gifing before being forced out? Or did you not really experiment with this.

I was like 10 seconds away from hitting update when I just saw your post.

Edit: Gave in and updated. After all that has transpired I no longer have the energy to fight the update. See you all on the flip side.

Last edited by whereisyellow on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 am

Ok I found another friend who has found a way around these road blocks. So there must be a way!
    manicmanor
    manicmanor

Friend Code : 5de33e
    MM Name : MuffinMight

Post  manicmanor Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 am

CJ wrote:
    ycul wrote:Looks like GI has shut the non updaters down. When trying to send a gift a message pops up that you must update your game. No gifts are going thought at all. Still able to receive gifts from friends that have updated though! Sigh. I guess it's time to update!

I managed to keep playing on the old system. It seemed that if you clicked the update button but then immediately tapped the mystery manor game play screen you stayed on you manor and didn't get diverted to the App store.

THANK YOu! It worked for me also.! All this on a Monday before I've had coffee.....ughhhhh. I won't go (stomping feet/arms crossed). Cool Evil or Very Mad

I have updated now anyway so can retest.

THANK YOu! It worked for me also.! All this on a Monday before I've had coffee.....ughhhhh. I won't go (stomping feet/arms crossed). Cool :evill
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 am

It works to get in...hugs and kisses CJ Wink

Not sure if I can still gift though..just sent some to another friend that also got in waiting to hear from him if they went through.
    ützel

Friend Code : Fd6d1f
    MM Name : Ützel

Post  ützel Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am

Kinsey wrote:Updating but kicking and screaming the whole way. I am not happy. I would have updated myself in a day or two but now I am forced to. They will lose a lot of the remaining players by forcing people to update this way. Greedy, greedy,greedy. They will not be receiving any money from me even if they are forcing me to update. It just means I won't play as much. Oh well it was time to start breaking my addiction any how!

Oh I can tell this is Monday!....I can't update! My credit card was stolen and I had to cancel it. The new card has not arrived yet so until it does no MM for me because the app store will not let me update even though it is a "free" game.

Information without liability: i changed my apple id before and updated mm, on the same ipad. In some countries you are forced to submit credit card details when registering, in Germany and Spain this is not the case. You could just setup a new apple id with another email address assigned, select 'none' in the payment information and upgrade. But don't shoot me if it does not work, just saying that it worked for me.
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 am

ützel wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:Updating but kicking and screaming the whole way. I am not happy. I would have updated myself in a day or two but now I am forced to. They will lose a lot of the remaining players by forcing people to update this way. Greedy, greedy,greedy. They will not be receiving any money from me even if they are forcing me to update. It just means I won't play as much. Oh well it was time to start breaking my addiction any how!

Information without liability: i changed my apple id before and updated mm, on the same ipad. In some countries you are forced to submit credit card details when registering, in Germany and Spain this is not the case. You could just setup a new apple id with another email address assigned, select 'none' in the payment information and upgrade. But don't shoot me if it does not work, just saying that it worked for me.

I got into the game so I am happy..new card arrives this week so I will update when it comes. Thanks to everyone for all their thoughts!! PayPal account was also suggested for anyone else this might happen to sunny
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 am

I am in the game but there is no gifting at all. I tried with a friend in the same version. She sent to me and I to her...nothing. Just tried to send an updated friend gifts and nothing. Looks like game play for old version is levels, room searches and chatting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:56 am