MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+10
PegWalt
belle MM
Granny12
engineer
Sharbee
Krissy
Flamingo
Camille
Bettsy
Sakura
14 posters

Skip the thanks button

Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Skip the thanks button Empty Skip the thanks button

Post  Sakura Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 am

Can we just skip the thank button? Why is there another confirm button after pressing "thank"? Do we still accept the gifts?
    Bettsy
    Bettsy

Friend Code : 29d677
    MM Name : Bettsy

Skip the thanks button Empty Re: Skip the thanks button

Post  Bettsy Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:04 am

Yes you can skip the Thank button and I have looked to see whether the the gifts then go into your collection, they do go in sometimes but not every time :-(

Really not sure why the extr button has appeared unless that works purely as a counter.
    Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Post  Sakura Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:12 am

Thanks for your info. What a waste of time just to press another confirm button. Can u imagine if we receive more than 100 gifts:(
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 am

I've found that if you tap the next gift the second confirm (from your previous gift) goes away (most of the time).
    Flamingo
    Flamingo

Friend Code : Ask

Post  Flamingo Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

If a 'friend' took the time and effort to send you a gift, IMHO, I feel we can take the time to send a 'thank you' gift in return.
    Krissy

Friend Code : a476d6
    MM Name : krissy

Post  Krissy Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

I've been asked my numerous friends NOT to send Thank you gift. So I don't send them for anyone anymore. These players were somehow scolded by GI so I just skip it.
    Sharbee

Skip the thanks button Empty Thank you gifts

Post  Sharbee Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Dear me, GI really don't like people playing their game, do they! Twisted Evil

My paranoid head says it's maybe a way of tracking people who have gifted. In which case, thank for one item and wait until next day before taking/thanking again!

Last edited by Sharbee on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reworded.)
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Tfortiggr wrote:I've been asked my numerous friends NOT to send Thank you gift. So I don't send them for anyone anymore. These players were somehow scolded by GI so I just skip it.
    I think all that nonsense is a thing of the past now. Most of the time you're only going to get 1 gift / friends, so why not send 1 mystery gift back? That's how the game is supposed to work. If you're still worried and receive multiples, accept all the gifts, but only send 1 thank you back. I don't think it's right to punish your friends by not giving anything back!
    Granny12

MM Name : Granny

Skip the thanks button Empty Gifts

Post  Granny12 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 pm

It says you can only send each friend one gift. Is that per day or forever? I am not clear on the whole thing. Any insight is appreciated. Embarassed Embarassed
    belle MM
    belle MM

Post  belle MM Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Granny12 wrote:It says you can only send each friend one gift. Is that per day or forever? I am not clear on the whole thing. Any insight is appreciated. Embarassed Embarassed

Your gifting "clock" resets 24 hours after the first gift is given. So, after you have given out at least one gift, 24 hours later you will be able to gift any of your friends again. :-)
    PegWalt

Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

Skip the thanks button Empty Skip the Thanks button

Post  PegWalt Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

I've noticed with this latest update that in order to gift a charging gift and a collection gift to a friend on one day you must gift the collection item first and then the charging gift. If you do the charging gift first, you will then get the message 'you can only send one gift per day to a friend.'
    bbb Chris

Friend Code : 832580
    MM Name : bbb

Post  bbb Chris Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 am

I agree with Flamingo that if someone has gone out of there way to send a gift then it isn't that big of a deal to click on the Thank You button. I believe that it is just common courtesy.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:25 pm

bbb Chris wrote:I agree with Flamingo that if someone has gone out of there way to send a gift then it isn't that big of a deal to click on the Thank You button. I believe that it is just common courtesy.
    I agree as well, it is just that it takes AGES until that "gift sent" window pops up. That's really annoying.

There cannot be a "GI-unwanted"-restriction (meaning the tracking of gifts bit) on the amount of Mgifts to sent to one person/day, because what if I didn't play for 3 days (yeah.. well who am I kidding.. Wink ), and got 6 gifts from a friend, I must be allowed to sent him thank yous for ALL the gifts, don't you think? On the other hand.. it would be very GI not to allow that ....
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

LaVentosa wrote:I agree as well, it is just that it takes AGES until that "gift sent" window pops up. That's really annoying.
    Just before you start accepting and thanking gifts, do a full close of the MM app. When you come back in, gifting will be much faster, and the "gift sent" window will only take a second to pop up.

For those who don't know how to do a full close of the MM app:
    1. If MM is open, close MM by pressing the iPad Home Button one time.
    2. Press the iPad Home Button two times. This shows you the apps that are running on your iPad.
    3. Hold your finger down on one of the apps until they all wiggle. This exposes the minus sign for each app.
    4. Tap on the minus sign for MM. This does a full close of the app.
    5. Press the iPad Home Button one time. This closes the running apps drawer.
    6. Go back into MM like normal. Now MM will reload from scratch.

Last edited by Complexity2 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kovokiara

MM Name : Surreal

Post  Kovokiara Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 am

Camille wrote:I've found that if you tap the next gift the second confirm (from your previous gift) goes away (most of the time).

Ya, I noticed too, that gifts accepted are on 1st come 1st accepted basis from the same pErson.
    Kovokiara

MM Name : Surreal

Post  Kovokiara Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:55 am

Complexity2 wrote:
    LaVentosa wrote:I agree as well, it is just that it takes AGES until that "gift sent" window pops up. That's really annoying.
    Just before you start accepting and thanking gifts, do a full close of the MM app. When you come back in, gifting will be much faster, and the "gift sent" window will only take a second to pop up.

For those who don't know how to do a full close of the MM app:
    1. If MM is open, close MM by pressing the iPad Home Button one time.
    2. Press the iPad Home Button two times. This shows you the apps that are running on your iPad.
    3. Press the iPad Home Button one time. This exposes the minus sign for each app.
    4. Tap on the minus sign for MM. This does a full close of the app.
    5. Press the iPad Home Button one time. This closes the running apps drawer.
    6. Go back into MM like normal. Now MM will reload from scratch.

Hey u,
    Thanx so much, it really helped.

Do u know where is the secret island?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm